[#2]
Maybe I'll get it tomorrow?
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 7:19:20 PM EDT
[#3]
It showed up today.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Black is whack. This bitch is getting painted tonight.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 7:23:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AbleArcher:

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/12/2024 8:00:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 8:22:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 8:52:52 PM EDT
[#7]
It showed up today.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/188236/1000013619_jpg-3157415.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/188236/1000013620_jpg-3157417.JPG

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/12/2024 9:38:35 PM EDT
[#8]
what did you paint it with ? mine is boring.  

Link Posted: 3/12/2024 9:54:32 PM EDT
[#9]
I want one. Seems like the PSA version of an ACR but wildly mors popular and succesful? Does that sum it up well enough? PSA probably has sold more already than Remington ever did the ACR.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 9:59:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By billth777:
what did you paint it with ? mine is boring.  

https://i.imgur.com/g0XWUmr.jpg
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 10:00:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 5:56:37 AM EDT
[#12]
He didn't tape up the trigger. Kilt in da Streets!

JK looks awesome!
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 8:00:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: feetpiece] [#13]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I commented before looking at the timestamp
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 11:00:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By EEgeek:
He didn't tape up the trigger. Kilt in da Streets!

JK looks awesome!
View Quote

Dammit, you're right. Let's fix that.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:00:45 PM EDT
[#15]
And some baseline photos to track wear:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 12:06:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By 10mmillie:
I’m thinking trying a Jakl to see how it compares to my XCR.
View Quote

I would like to hear your opinion, please start a thread if you can.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 1:07:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Time to actually do stuff. Range conditions are 60 degrees with an east wind that's gusting to 10mph.

First things first we'll be zeroing with 62gr PMC Xtac. Rifle has been lubed with ALG go juice.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 1:14:28 PM EDT
[#18]
It's on my list to buy.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 1:38:18 PM EDT
[#19]
I intended to do some grouping and get some chrono numbers but the Caldwell is a giant piece of shit. So we'll just do some drills instead. No hiccups with the first box so we'll go on to 200 rounds of Wolf steel case 55 gr.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 2:28:26 PM EDT
[#20]
I intended to do some grouping and get some chrono numbers but the Caldwell is a giant piece of shit. So we'll just do some drills instead. No hiccups with the first box so we'll go on to 200 rounds of Wolf steel case 55 gr.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/188236/1000013640_jpg-3157988.JPG
View Quote

Can you see over that cap with your RMR? From here it looks blocked lol
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 2:32:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AbleArcher] [#21]
Originally Posted By WJP556:

View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/188236/1000013640_jpg-3157988.JPG

I can. I'm going to try it as is but I may end up with a riser.

Just got through the 200 of wolf. 1st 3 rounds didn't feed so I opened the gas system up all the way. No problems until about 60 rounds, then I had a stuck case that required a cleaning rod to get out. Same thing at about 95 and at 190.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 2:44:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By zpduff:
https://i.imgur.com/5bmuAo5.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/untvDwi.jpg

Is this fixed yet?
View Quote

Bah!  Don’t worry about it…call it ‘combat patina’.  
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 4:19:05 PM EDT
[#23]

Just got through the 200 of wolf. 1st 3 rounds didn't feed so I opened the gas system up all the way. No problems until about 60 rounds, then I had a stuck case that required a cleaning rod to get out. Same thing at about 95 and at 190.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/188236/1000013641_jpg-3158028.JPG
View Quote

It's probably just the wolf and not the gun. Looking forward to seeing you test more though
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 7:11:29 PM EDT
[#24]

It's probably just the wolf and not the gun. Looking forward to seeing you test more though
View All Quotes

I’ve actually had the Wolf 5.56 stick in a Yugo M85 with the Yugo barrel. Certainly wouldn’t send it back without running some more brass cased ammo through it. Also, did you clean the chamber and barrel prior to using it the first time? Wonder if it had some grease or something else for storage protection in it.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 7:46:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By towerofpower94:

I’ve actually had the Wolf 5.56 stick in a Yugo M85 with the Yugo barrel. Certainly wouldn’t send it back without running some more brass cased ammo through it. Also, did you clean the chamber and barrel prior to using it the first time? Wonder if it had some grease or something else for storage protection in it.
View All Quotes

It's definitely not going back, I'll get more samples of ammo through it. It's only had lube, no cleaning.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 7:52:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Alaskanforfreedom:
I want one. Seems like the PSA version of an ACR but wildly mors popular and succesful? Does that sum it up well enough? PSA probably has sold more already than Remington ever did the ACR.
View Quote

The ACR was almost never a serious product.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 8:33:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: feetpiece] [#27]
Originally Posted By TaskForce:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Alaskanforfreedom:

MF'ers believed it was the 416/SCAR killer back in the day.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 8:45:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: badkarmaiii] [#28]
The Foxtrot Mike Mike-15, or FM-15, 9" 300BLK has a lot of my interest.
They even make a lower with integral picatinny rail.
It's far lighter and the receiver shorter than the JAKL, but doesn't come with adjustable gas.
Easy enough to fix...
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 9:03:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By feetpiece:

MF'ers believed it was the 416/SCAR killer back in the day.
View Quote

It was a cool idea when Magpul was promoting it as the Masada. But we know what happened.

Link Posted: 3/13/2024 9:09:11 PM EDT
[#30]

It was a cool idea when Magpul was promoting it as the Masada. But we know what happened.

View Quote

People thought Magpul sold Bushmaster a turnkey product.

lol
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 9:11:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Rickesis:

People thought Magpul sold Bushmaster a turnkey product.

lol
View Quote

lol indeed.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 9:15:46 PM EDT
[#32]

All of those reasons, combined with the required parts to add to the back of a standard lower, made me pass.

I initially thought they were plug and play uppers for STANAG lowers, but once I found out you had to add bits to the rear of the receiver which would make using a standard upper a no-go, I decided against it. Was hoping to put a short 300BO upper on the stamped lower with a pic rail section and MI minimalist side folding stock I have for my .22lr upper, but the JAKL isn't it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JAD762:
I was in the same boat & decided against it.

I joined a jakl group on FB & it feels like a third of the posts are complaints or questions about problems they're having.

The charging handle beating the hell out of the frame, bolt issues, gas problems, all kinds of stuff.

So, no jakl for me, which is a shame because I'd love to have one of their .308s but I have no desire to roll the dice and be a beta tester on one of their gen 1 guns.

If the bren 2 in 308 gets released, I'm going to be on it.  Right now I'm waiting for PWS' UXR to come out and see how it does.  Its supposed to be around $2600 with a 1moa guarantee.

So they still haven't fixed the charging handles hitting the receiver? That's crazy

All of those reasons, combined with the required parts to add to the back of a standard lower, made me pass.

I initially thought they were plug and play uppers for STANAG lowers, but once I found out you had to add bits to the rear of the receiver which would make using a standard upper a no-go, I decided against it. Was hoping to put a short 300BO upper on the stamped lower with a pic rail section and MI minimalist side folding stock I have for my .22lr upper, but the JAKL isn't it.
Aren't the rear parts just a single just a plug with built in Picatinny rail and a cosmetic/aesthetic blending piece? The rear probably needs to impact against the plug in the absence of a receiver extension.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 9:16:20 PM EDT
[#33]
I think I would have made sure it worked before painting.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 9:38:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By swampfoxoutdoors:

Im in the exact same boat as you OP.

Almost all my stuff is stamped. Would rather not get ATF involved in running to a town 30min away across state line. Wish to have something more than just a hand gun.

Options I have been considering.
- Jakl in 556
- PSA cheap AR pistol
- Mini 14

Jakl-
Pros- Cool, folding stock can be stowed easily, caliber, mag and battery of arms you use too.

Cons- cost. Gun is more expensive, will have to invest more in optic and setting it up just to get started using it and then need to invest time and ammo into making sure its reliable.

PSA AR pistol -
Pros- seems to make the most logical choice, Lower cost, can run it with irons out the door and have a usable gun from day one. If stolen not out a whole lot of money. And being compact will be easier to stow and carry if you had to go on foot back home. Same general setup that I am used too.

Cons- still need to invest money in optics if you want to go that route and ammo to make sure its reliable. I feel that PSA has the AR reliably issue long sorted out so round count to confirm should be much lower.

Mini 14 -
pros- Mid range price, less threating looking if you had to get it out and tote it. Ruger quality so less rounds to confirm reliability. irons so ready from the factory. Simple

Cons- cost of extra mags, Longer over all so harder to conceal, slightly harder to add light and optics. Different battery of arms to master.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By swampfoxoutdoors:
I'm thinking about getting a 13.7 Jakl and using it in some 2 gun stuff and just an all around travel gun.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/188236/1000013591_jpg-3145662.JPG
I love my ARs but most are SBRs and I don't want to do the ATF bullshit to travel with those and suppressors.

I'd top it with an NX8, figure out an IR and go with a surefire 300 series for a light.

What say all of you? Go with the Jakl or do some other option?

Im in the exact same boat as you OP.

Almost all my stuff is stamped. Would rather not get ATF involved in running to a town 30min away across state line. Wish to have something more than just a hand gun.

Options I have been considering.
- Jakl in 556
- PSA cheap AR pistol
- Mini 14

Jakl-
Pros- Cool, folding stock can be stowed easily, caliber, mag and battery of arms you use too.

Cons- cost. Gun is more expensive, will have to invest more in optic and setting it up just to get started using it and then need to invest time and ammo into making sure its reliable.

PSA AR pistol -
Pros- seems to make the most logical choice, Lower cost, can run it with irons out the door and have a usable gun from day one. If stolen not out a whole lot of money. And being compact will be easier to stow and carry if you had to go on foot back home. Same general setup that I am used too.

Cons- still need to invest money in optics if you want to go that route and ammo to make sure its reliable. I feel that PSA has the AR reliably issue long sorted out so round count to confirm should be much lower.

Mini 14 -
pros- Mid range price, less threating looking if you had to get it out and tote it. Ruger quality so less rounds to confirm reliability. irons so ready from the factory. Simple

Cons- cost of extra mags, Longer over all so harder to conceal, slightly harder to add light and optics. Different battery of arms to master.

@swampfoxoutdoors

Not that this should sway a decision one way or another but the mini 14 has several folding stock options
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 9:57:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By metalsaber:
View Quote

Do they not warranty it if it's painted?
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 10:01:03 PM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By metalsaber:

I know with their aks they have been giving new guns when they can't be easily fixed  So I'd just think it more prudent then not.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 10:18:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Some thoughts on the day:

There have been some youtubers who have mentioned how easy it is to mess up the comb height when you have it adjusted. I definitely found this to be the case as everytime I went to sling up I ended up grabbing there and and moving the comb height back down.

This came with the charging knob on the left side so I left it there and it was fine until it wasn't. My OSW is left handed and if I have to clear a malfunction I press up with my trigger finger on the bolt catch and rack it with my left and I can start clearing. Not so with the Jakl, and it was awkward. I've moved it over to the right and we'll see how that goes.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 7:26:11 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Alien:
Aren't the rear parts just a single just a plug with built in Picatinny rail and a cosmetic/aesthetic blending piece? The rear probably needs to impact against the plug in the absence of a receiver extension.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Alien:
Originally Posted By JAD762:
I was in the same boat & decided against it.

I joined a jakl group on FB & it feels like a third of the posts are complaints or questions about problems they're having.

The charging handle beating the hell out of the frame, bolt issues, gas problems, all kinds of stuff.

So, no jakl for me, which is a shame because I'd love to have one of their .308s but I have no desire to roll the dice and be a beta tester on one of their gen 1 guns.

If the bren 2 in 308 gets released, I'm going to be on it.  Right now I'm waiting for PWS' UXR to come out and see how it does.  Its supposed to be around $2600 with a 1moa guarantee.

So they still haven't fixed the charging handles hitting the receiver? That's crazy

It was explained in another JAKL thread that there is more to the backend mod than just a threaded receiver extension plug with pic rail on it. You can see the angled bit on the lower that interfaces with the angled portion at the rear of the JAKL upper.

BL: I would not have been able to just slap the JAKL upper on my existing pic rail backend lower, and if I modified the lower to accept the JAKL upper, my AR22 upper would not have been able to be used.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 8:35:52 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By 03RN:

@swampfoxoutdoors

Not that this should sway a decision one way or another but the mini 14 has several folding stock options
View Quote

True. Probably get one of them first and wait to get a Jakl down the road.

First semi auto rifle was a mini 14 and sold it years ago when I was in highschool. Have missed it ever since. And the new tactical models have threaded barrel and a thicker profile and what I’ve been holding out for.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 4:27:38 PM EDT
[#40]
Going to try some grouping with some different ammo. It'll all be 62 grain since that is what my main stash is.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Little windy but not shit I can do about that.

Link Posted: 3/15/2024 4:50:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 5:07:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Subscribed.  Curious to see where this goes.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 5:18:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 5:23:31 PM EDT
[#44]
I also wish I would've brought my kestrel, it's definitely more than an 11mph wind. I fucking hate wind.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 5:47:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 5:47:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 5:55:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Just get the Bren2. Combat proven in Ukraine.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 5:57:38 PM EDT
[#48]
I can't keep my cigar lit, I've had enough of this shit. Total round count is now at 280. Ran it all the way open today and had no issues at all.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 6:00:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By azerious58:
View Quote

If I go to combat I get an M4A1 and don't get a choice in the matter.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 7:23:57 PM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By azerious58:

Page / 4
Now the GD Jakl thread (Page 2 of 4)
Top Top