Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 48
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:33:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Are GMs required to talk to the media the same way players and coaches are?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:36:20 PM EDT
[#2]
The Falcons finally made a sensible pick but I get tongue tied trying to say his name, much less spell it.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:40:45 PM EDT
[#3]
If Beane had drafted Coleman at 28 w/o upgrading 3 picks first a lot fewer people would have talked bout how stupid he was.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:44:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I will pay 100$ to any player drafted by Washington to say how happy they are to become a Redskin.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:57:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TinSpinner:
The Falcons finally made a sensible pick but I get tongue tied trying to say his name, much less spell it.
View Quote
I dread the thought of Chris Colingsworth announcing a game with him in it.  I'll bet he says that name 50 times at least.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:02:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Maverick52] [#6]
I was thinking Cooper DeJean was going to stick around until GB’s pick at 41, but the Eagles swooped in. I wonder if GB traded back because of that.

Edit: Looks like GB got pick 68168 and 190 to move from 41 to 45. Not bad I guess.

Edit edit: the website I looked at for the trade info typo’d the pick #
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:12:08 PM EDT
[#7]
And that fills the ILB need.

Welcome to GB Cooper

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:12:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By kzin:
If Beane had drafted Coleman at 28 w/o upgrading 3 picks first a lot fewer people would have talked bout how stupid he was.
View Quote

Trust the process...
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:13:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Maverick52:

Welcome to GB Cooper

View Quote

I like the pick and the trade down.

Well done Gute.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:15:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:34:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:35:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Busted_Flush:

Well done Gute.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Busted_Flush:
Originally Posted By Maverick52:

Welcome to GB Cooper

Well done Gute.

Agreed.

I liked the idea of DeJean being the other safety but I wasn’t married to it. Pairing Walker and Cooper is fantastic, and we got extra picks to do it? I’m sold.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:40:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Look at that the Steelers pick a center.

Their next picks will be interesting.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:02:05 PM EDT
[#14]
What the fuck, Dallas? We have tons of DE’s. We needed DTs, you fucking morons.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:07:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By lilMAC25:
What the fuck, Dallas? We have tons of DE’s. We needed DTs, you fucking morons.
View Quote

There was a big run on DTs.  7 taken in the second round already.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:07:47 PM EDT
[#16]
I like these picks
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:51:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By David_ESM:
Albert Breer is reporting that the Giants offered the #6 and their 2025 1st to move up to #3 with New England, but the Patriots declined.

If true, I guess the Giants were okay replacing Jones with Maye, but not McCarthy.
View Quote

Hmmmm....
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:01:51 PM EDT
[#18]
I like Cooper Beebe pick. A lot. Might move to C.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:27:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:46:17 PM EDT
[#20]

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:50:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:01:51 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:05:20 PM EDT
[#23]

Interesting approach.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:13:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By GenYRevolverGuy:

Interesting approach.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:31:13 PM EDT
[#25]
I’ll never understand this GB front office. 5 picks in the top 100, and only one is from a premium position…
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:37:28 PM EDT
[#26]
I’ll never understand this GB front office. 5 picks in the top 100, and only one is from a premium position…
View Quote

I was kinda hoping the Packers’ day 1 and 2 was going to be WR/WR/TE just to see Rodgers’ reaction.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:53:56 PM EDT
[#27]
HTF is Troy Franklin still on the board?
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:29:44 AM EDT
[#28]
I'll never understand this GB front office. 5 picks in the top 100, and only one is from a premium position
View Quote

Veritasium did an interesting video on game theory. One of the takeaways was kind of a sequence of success. No plan < bad plan < good plan

The difference between having a bad plan and good plan was almost negligible. But both were tremendously better than no plan at all. (ie Bears, Panthers, Commanders, Jags, Giants)

Has GB lost some SB opportunities in the last few years? Sure. Is it because of their skill position drafting? Most likely not.

Lafleur or Gute recently postulated an interesting idea that if GB defense had generated just a couple more takeaways last season (differential 0) that they likely advance to final playoff rounds.

Gute has been hit or miss on drafting skill players in the first 3 rounds and GB hasn't drafter higher than 12 since 2009. He's found both studs and duds in later rounds which gives some credence to the strategy of drafting often with 13 picks this year.

With a new D-coordinator and some high defensive picks, they're still sitting on 8 picks for the rest of the weekend. It'll be very exciting to see what this team does in 2024.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:33:27 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By wookie1562:

Veritasium did an interesting video on game theory. One of the takeaways was kind of a sequence of success. No plan < bad plan < good plan

The difference between having a bad plan and good plan was almost negligible. But both were tremendously better than no plan at all. (ie Bears, Panthers, Commanders, Jags, Giants)

Has GB lost some SB opportunities in the last few years? Sure. Is it because of their skill position drafting? Most likely not.

Lafleur or Gute recently postulated an interesting idea that if GB defense had generated just a couple more takeaways last season (differential 0) that they likely advance to final playoff rounds.

Gute has been hit or miss on drafting skill players in the first 3 rounds and GB hasn't drafter higher than 12 since 2009. He's found both studs and duds in later rounds which gives some credence to the strategy of drafting often with 13 picks this year.

With a new D-coordinator and some high defensive picks, they're still sitting on 8 picks for the rest of the weekend. It'll be very exciting to see what this team does in 2024.
View All Quotes
I'll never understand this GB front office. 5 picks in the top 100, and only one is from a premium position

They picked up two more draft picks by going from 41 to 45
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 1:15:57 PM EDT
[#30]

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 1:23:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Rebel31:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Rebel31:

Consensus is GB has had a strong draft so far even if the players don't wow anyone like other big name players.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 2:17:49 PM EDT
[#32]
For better or for worse, this ain't a Bill Belichik or his dog's draft.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 2:36:45 PM EDT
[#33]
After watching Kurt Warner and RG3 talk about Penix, I feel better about the pick.  Seems that people who actually know what they are talking about think that he is the best passer in the draft.  RG3 claims that he throws the best ball, reads D the best, and has better tape than any other QB in the draft.  Only drawbacks are injury history and age.  

Sure, I wish that they didn't give Cousins all that money if they planned to go with Penix, but there was no guarantee that Penix would be available.  Penix can learn behind Cousins for two years, then become the starter.  

Will also add that 66 QBs started NFL games last year, so there is an argument to be made that a good backup is not a luxury pick.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:44:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By FDC:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/99516/Capture_JPG-3199374.JPG
View Quote

Hard to be worse.  Lots of offensive misses.  I’m hopeful this is better.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:57:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By frankiebagadonuts:
After watching Kurt Warner and RG3 talk about Penix, I feel better about the pick.  Seems that people who actually know what they are talking about think that he is the best passer in the draft.  RG3 claims that he throws the best ball, reads D the best, and has better tape than any other QB in the draft.  Only drawbacks are injury history and age.  

Sure, I wish that they didn't give Cousins all that money if they planned to go with Penix, but there was no guarantee that Penix would be available.  Penix can learn behind Cousins for two years, then become the starter.  

Will also add that 66 QBs started NFL games last year, so there is an argument to be made that a good backup is not a luxury pick.
View Quote

Penix was the guy I wanted the Broncos to get. I like Bo Nix but really wanted Penix. He seems like a smart QB.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:56:57 PM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:27:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:27:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:30:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Bengals picked a lot of amazing athletes...Elite football players, not so much.

Unfortunately when it's all said and done, they may have had the weakest draft in the AFCN and among the better teams in the AFC.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:34:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Apparently GB drafted the Tulane QB who in the 2023 Cotton Bowl beat USC & Caleb Williams
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:39:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Alembic:
Bengals picked a lot of amazing athletes...Elite football players, not so much.

Unfortunately when it's all said and done, they may have had the weakest draft in the AFCN and among the better teams in the AFC.
View Quote

When it comes to team draft grades, everyone is just guessing.  I lost count of how many times the “experts” claimed the Browns “won” the draft.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:43:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Apparently GB drafted the Tulane QB who in the 2023 Cotton Bowl beat USC & Caleb Williams
View Quote

Can’t say I’d put that on Williams.

Attachment Attached File

That was a great finish though.  The refs were even trying to screw Tulane at the end and they still pulled off the improbable comeback.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:10:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Alembic] [#43]

Might as well just go ahead and start Bo Nix.

Minschew is serviceable, Wilson is terrible, AOC is meh.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:16:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hamiltbl2] [#44]

View Quote

What are you smoking? Penix is a second round talent. If he was the best passer, best reader of defenses, etc. he wouldn’t have been the 4th QB selected.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:31:03 PM EDT
[#45]
I'm happy with what the Chiefs did.  Picking at the back of the draft every year along with the salary cap is what makes it hard to repeat.  I like what they did with the first two picks and Jaden Hicks is a steal in the 4th round.  Stud safety would start right away on a lot of teams.  Would have liked to have seen a D-lineman in there somewhere.  It really came down to 2 interior o-lineman or 1 and 1 interior d-lineman.  Looking ahead after next season I think they did the right thing loading up interior lineman and a nice swing tackle in round two.  

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:37:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:46:37 PM EDT
[#47]
I think Steelers had a fantastic draft, and great UDFA signings.

Steelers looking more complete now than in years.  Looking forward to the revamped O Line.   Harris and Warren will be beasts next year.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 5:32:08 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By FDC:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/99516/Capture_JPG-3199374.JPG
View Quote

Bill drafted fairly well up until about ten years ago, then his GM wheels started falling off. By the end, he was pretty bad. As a coach, I believe he was still top 5, but as a GM, I believe he was bottom 5.

No coach can overcome that stench.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:02:58 AM EDT
[#49]

I find this very funny and disturbing. And now I want to fight you.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:12:02 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By denverdan:

I find this very funny and disturbing. And now I want to fight you.
View Quote

Page / 48
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top