Entertainment.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Notcalifornialegal:
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:

The entire previous two years of what?

Entertainment.

I encourage you to watch Dave Chapelle’s comedy specials.  His trans jokes alone make them worth it.

Knowing that they trigger the fuck out of libtards makes it even better.

Dave Chappelle - Jim Carrey Story [The Dreamer]

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:00:08 AM EDT
[#2]

Nikki Glaser is a D-lister, but at least she's a decent looking woman.  I'm not sure why  *double checks name*  Jeff Ross gets invited.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RSG:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GM3oA44bMAA8rcf?format=jpg&name=small

Nikki Glaser is a D-lister, but at least she's a decent looking woman.  I'm not sure why  *double checks name*  Jeff Ross gets invited.
Jeff Ross is lauded as the King of Roasts.  He's pretty much in all of them, and usually kills

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:09:47 AM EDT
[#3]

Nikki Glaser is a D-lister, but at least she’s a decent looking woman.  I’m not sure why… *double checks name* …Jeff Ross gets invited.
View All Quotes

Nikki Glaser is a D-lister, but at least she’s a decent looking woman.  I’m not sure why… *double checks name* …Jeff Ross gets invited.

He’s the Roastmaster General, this is his thing.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:10:19 AM EDT
[#4]
This roast feels like... actual comedy.
Is this... is this the comedy we once had?
Is it coming back?
View Quote
I'm only 2 hours in, so not done yet.

Some of the people were fucking awful (Jeff Ross, Kim Kardashian).
Some of the people killed it (Nikki Glaser).
Some had ups and downs (Bill B, Drew B).
Some were just mediocre all the way thru (Will Ferrell).

Complete mixed bag.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:17:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By David_ESM:

Complete mixed bag.
View All Quotes
This roast feels like... actual comedy.
Is this... is this the comedy we once had?
Is it coming back?

Complete mixed bag.

I think the last good roast I saw was in the early 2000’s.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:18:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By sixgunsblazing:
Jeff Ross is lauded as the King of Roasts.  He's pretty much in all of them, and usually kills

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sixgunsblazing:

Judging from what little I’ve seen, it seems his priority is to try to be as offensive as possible with being funny secondary.  Which does make sense for an attention-whoring D-lister.  The only time I ever see or hear his name is when it relates to roast so being offensive as possible is more likely to get him attention.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:21:51 AM EDT
[#7]

Complete mixed bag.
View Quote

The last live-action media I saw him in that I thought was funny was The Other Guys and that came out 14 years ago.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:23:50 AM EDT
[#8]
One part that did catch me off guard was how bad Bill was at the public speaking for the roast. He seemed to have lots of issues spitting the words out. Stuttering, pauses, repeating. Guessing he was just outside his comfort zone (football) which caused him to sound completely different to what I am used to hearing (speech quality wise).
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:25:23 AM EDT
[#9]
One part that did catch me off guard was how bad Bill was at the public speaking for the roast. He seemed to have lots of issues spitting the words out. Stuttering, pauses, repeating. Guessing he was just outside his comfort zone (football) which caused him to sound completely different to what I am used to hearing (speech quality wise).
View Quote

He was GREAT during the Pat McAfee shows coverage of the draft.  All kinds of football history and player breakdowns.  Really was great to watch.

TBF he's not really a colorful guy and like you said he's out of his comfort zone.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:27:41 AM EDT
[#10]

The last live-action media I saw him in that I thought was funny was The Other Guys and that came out 14 years ago.
View Quote
I will watch some stupid/bad shit. Grew up on made for TV Sci-Fi and Horror. Bruce Campbell is one of my all-time favorites. My wife and I quit watching Anchorman 2 about 20 minutes into the movie. I cannot think of any other time we have done that. Ever. We could not stand to keep watching anymore of that one.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:36:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:46:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Albert Breer on SI: I do have one last take on the Atlanta Falcons' handling of the quarterback situation. And that's that I would 100% understand if Kirk Cousins is still stinging a bit from the whole ordeal.

Here's why - a reason he decided to leave Minnesota is because the Vikings were very up front with the 35-year-old about the possibility that, even in the case he stayed, they'd take a quarterback of the future high in the draft. Tying that together with the team's willingness to guarantee part, but not all, of a second year on another contract, Cousins figured that, if he stayed, there was a good shot that he'd be on the move in 2025.
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:53:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Albert Breer on SI: I do have one last take on the Atlanta Falcons' handling of the quarterback situation. And that's that I would 100% understand if Kirk Cousins is still stinging a bit from the whole ordeal.

Here's why - a reason he decided to leave Minnesota is because the Vikings were very up front with the 35-year-old about the possibility that, even in the case he stayed, they'd take a quarterback of the future high in the draft. Tying that together with the team's willingness to guarantee part, but not all, of a second year on another contract, Cousins figured that, if he stayed, there was a good shot that he'd be on the move in 2025.
Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

I can’t recall ever being more impressed with a player’s agent throughout the player’s career than I have been with Kirk Cousins’ agent.

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:28:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:35:55 PM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

Her piece on Tom, Crypto and Gronk was pretty funny too
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 1:25:13 PM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 2:09:36 PM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 3:13:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Tyreek Hill on Around the Bar podcast: "I love Miami. I love every bit of it. My wife loves it, my kids love it, my mom loves it. It's just a beautiful city to live in, man. There's so much stuff to do."

"I would like to retire in Miami, but we all know how the NFL is, how jobs go, and people getting promotions over here, and - you know - we understand that. But Miami is a great city, man. I love the team I play on, love the guys in the locker room, love the head coach, love the GM. So that means sign me. I love all you guys so much, I want to stay in Miami forever, man. Keep me there."

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 3:16:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Tyreek Hill on Around the Bar podcast: "I love Miami. I love every bit of it. My wife loves it, my kids love it, my mom loves it. It's just a beautiful city to live in, man. There's so much stuff to do."

"I would like to retire in Miami, but we all know how the NFL is, how jobs go, and people getting promotions over here, and - you know - we understand that. But Miami is a great city, man. I love the team I play on, love the guys in the locker room, love the head coach, love the GM. So that means sign me. I love all you guys so much, I want to stay in Miami forever, man. Keep me there."

View Quote

He's theoretically under contract until after the 2026 season, but that's a void year. It's probably contract negotiation time for him after this season, but he'll be 31 at that point.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 3:35:59 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

Translation; " I love me some warm weather".
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 3:41:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By TheHunstman:

Translation; "I love me some warm weather".
View Quote
And no income tax.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 3:42:31 PM EDT
[#22]

View All Quotes

He'll get to see some strong storms, tornadoes, and maybe a hurricane if he stays long enough. Gator in the pool, big snake on the driveway, woo hoo!
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 4:00:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By FDC:

All I've got is Judge.

ESPN(or someone like them) has been batshit crazy with European soccer stuff for some reason.

I'm like I DON'T CARE.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FDC:
I only know who one of these players is and I don’t know what sport half of these headlines are even about.

I miss football.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/IMG_8416_jpeg-3205542.JPG

All I've got is Judge.

ESPN(or someone like them) has been batshit crazy with European soccer stuff for some reason.

I'm like I DON'T CARE.

Apparently, these folks are huge fans.

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:08:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Alembic] [#24]

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:35:14 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Alembic:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/797DDA87-3CD2-4484-AD5B-49DD0C24D782-742.jpg
View Quote

He got hurt making the clip though....

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 9:29:03 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By StarCityShooter:

View Quote

Receiver only drills, Burrow gets hurt and Josh Allen throws an interception.

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 9:56:39 AM EDT
[#27]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By StarCityShooter:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 11:01:21 AM EDT
[#28]

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 11:16:12 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By zach_:
He'll get to see some strong storms, tornadoes, and maybe a hurricane if he stays long enough. Gator in the pool, big snake on the driveway, woo hoo!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By zach_:

My daughter lives near Naples...loves it. More likely to see hurricanes on the gulf side. She's been thought 2 of them lol.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 11:42:19 AM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

The Kraft cheese is toxic.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 11:48:31 AM EDT
[#31]
A judge presiding over two lawsuits against Rashee Rice, Theodore Knox, Charles Bush Jr, and Schlensker Investments has granted a temporary restraining order to protect against the destruction of certain evidence connected to the crash.

According to court records Rice agreed that he would not destroy any credit cards, debit cards, or receipts for any purchases he made within six hours of the crash. The restraining order also preserves any cell phone records, GPS information, and any blood or urine reports involving Rice that were taken shortly after the crash.

In addition, the judge ordered Rice, Knox, and Bush, Jr., from altering or destroying any fire arms that may have been in either the Corvette or the Lamborghini, and also the license plates of each car.

The next hearing is scheduled for June.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 11:55:25 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:04:55 PM EDT
[#33]
A judge presiding over two lawsuits against Rashee Rice, Theodore Knox, Charles Bush Jr, and Schlensker Investments has granted a temporary restraining order to protect against the destruction of certain evidence connected to the crash.

According to court records Rice agreed that he would not destroy any credit cards, debit cards, or receipts for any purchases he made within six hours of the crash. The restraining order also preserves any cell phone records, GPS information, and any blood or urine reports involving Rice that were taken shortly after the crash.

In addition, the judge ordered Rice, Knox, and Bush, Jr., from altering or destroying any fire arms that may have been in either the Corvette or the Lamborghini, and also the license plates of each car.

The next hearing is scheduled for June.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:06:01 PM EDT
[#34]

If I was Zeke, I'd tell the Cowboys and especially their fans, to fuck off, and request a trade.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:56:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:05:58 PM EDT
[#36]

If I was Zeke, I'd tell the Cowboys and especially their fans, to fuck off, and request a trade.
View All Quotes

?

For what? This might be his last shot as a starting RB.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:06:54 PM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

I am sure he is getting a couple of million and no other team is going to give him that.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:58:48 PM EDT
[#38]

The Kraft cheese is toxic.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:28:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: David_ESM] [#39]
Knew this was coming.

Via People: Gisele Bundchen Is 'Deeply Disappointed' by 'Irresponsible' Jokes About Marriage to Tom Brady in Netflix Roast: Source (Exclusive)

Gisele Bundchen is "disappointed" by the jokes made regarding her previous marriage to Tom Brady, during the Super Bowl champion's Netflix roast.

A source tells PEOPLE that the model, 43, is "deeply disappointed by the disrespectful portrayal of her family on Sunday evening's roast show."

The source adds, "As always, [Bundchen's] priority is to support her children who were affected by the irresponsible content that was broadcasted."

"This past week, Gisele has been tirelessly dedicated to aiding those in need in her home state of Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil, which is grappling with the worst flooding in its history. She was concerned about family affected by the devastating floods, so to hear her life being joked about was very disappointing."

Edit: "Irresponsible content"... If you don't want people to joke about you being an adulterer who fucked her karate instructor... Don't be an adulterer who fucked her karate instructor.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:32:01 PM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

Understood, but I think he has already requested a trade to Golden Corral.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:12:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By colklink:
WTF?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/17974/1000008917_jpg-3205749.JPG

How many concussions did he suffer in his career?
View Quote

If I took what Rob is on, I’d die immediately….
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:21:35 PM EDT
[#42]

View All Quotes

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:25:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By colklink:

Understood, but I think he has already requested a trade to Golden Corral.
View Quote

^^^
This is why!

Dude's a power back not a scat back.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:27:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Knew this was coming.

Via People: Gisele Bundchen Is 'Deeply Disappointed' by 'Irresponsible' Jokes About Marriage to Tom Brady in Netflix Roast: Source (Exclusive)

Gisele Bundchen is "disappointed" by the jokes made regarding her previous marriage to Tom Brady, during the Super Bowl champion's Netflix roast.

A source tells PEOPLE that the model, 43, is "deeply disappointed by the disrespectful portrayal of her family on Sunday evening's roast show."

The source adds, "As always, [Bundchen's] priority is to support her children who were affected by the irresponsible content that was broadcasted."

"This past week, Gisele has been tirelessly dedicated to aiding those in need in her home state of Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil, which is grappling with the worst flooding in its history. She was concerned about family affected by the devastating floods, so to hear her life being joked about was very disappointing."

Edit: "Irresponsible content"... If you don't want people to joke about you being an adulterer who fucked her karate instructor... Don't be an adulterer who fucked her karate instructor.
View Quote

I hope they roasted her good.

Always thought Brady could fall out of bed and hit something better.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:32:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Alembic] [#45]
View Quote

Good for Boyd, and fantastic he didn't go to an immediate rival.

He's already been replaced with a slot TE/WR in Gesicki and (very likely) Jermaine Burton.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:39:05 PM EDT
[#46]
View Quote

I would venture to say that this means Treylon Burks is on his way out the door.. He hasnt lived up to the hype AT ALL...
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:05:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: David_ESM] [#47]

Edit: Kansas City Chiefs receiver Rashee Rice is under investigation for allegedly hitting a photographer at a club in Dallas early Monday, police sources say.

Dallas police sources say officers are interviewing witnesses about the incident that allegedly happened Monday at 609 N. Harwood Street, which is the address of Lit Kitchen.

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:19:01 PM EDT
[#48]
Via Front Office Sports Today podcast: Phil Simms didn't know his tenure with The NFL Today was going to end after the Super Bowl, but the long silence from CBS began to suggest the network's new direction.

During the podcast interview, Simms implied he started to realize CBS was going to make a change, even if those plans weren't articulated to him directly.

"It wasn't a great surprise," Simms said of the change. "I knew there was probably going to be some change or thought there would be. So, I think that makes it a little easier. Would I have liked to keep the job? Of course. I mean, damn. I didn't like it, I loved it. Get to talk football and hang around and maybe when we go to commercial, you get to really say what you want to the guys that you're working with. But it was a fun job, great job, and you just move on to something else now."

"Nobody asked me, talked to me or anything like that," Simms continued regarding his status with CBS after 26 years. "I waited over a couple months to see what CBS was doing, and I think the longer you wait, the more you know it's not gonna work out in your favor."

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:33:50 PM EDT
[#49]

View Quote
wait.. what?
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:43:16 PM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes

2018 Zeke might have been able to.

2024 Zeke has as much leverage as a random undrafted UFA.
Page / 53
Top Top