Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 6:09:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Ive never heard of her until this thread. I don’t follow sportsball of any flavor so it’s not surprising.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 6:46:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Who? A female basketball player? I don't care about men's basketball. Whatever. Some times killing your TV feels real good.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 6:48:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RealityCheck0311:
What a stupid rant.

I'm not a fan of women's basketball but her situation will completely change WNBA.

She puts people in seats. Basically the women's equivalent of a Stephen Curry outside the arc.

She can bang almost half court shots but also not some cocky "it's all about me." She has a bunch of assists too.

A type of person that can read the game, offense and defense.

Hate all you want but she has the NCAA all-time scoring record, men AND women.

She beat out Pete "Pistol" Maravich!! A person they've made MOVIES about.

Plus she's inspiring. She's not on social media being a jackass, flashing fancy watches/wealth, she just fucking plays basketball.

It's a good thing for the sport and will inspire a lot of girls looking for a good "idol" type.

She's going to fill seats in the WNBA and likely raise the bar.

We're talking about a women's college athlete that is a rarity and we're seeing some special right now.

Like a Mia Hamm for women's soccer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0e7OcYphZM
View Quote

I think what you say may be true to an extent but a singular superstar isn’t going to be enough long term.

People have short attention spans, and WNBA is just extremely boring compared to the NBA and even men’s college ball.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 11:00:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GarandM1] [#4]
Originally Posted By boomeruni:
I hear she drove a car once - the horror.

She went to a Christian school(Dowling), is straight (is/was dating one of Franimals sons), was born a woman and has what seems to be a normal supportive family.

She begs for fouls to much and the you can't see me bs, but she will likely beat 99% of the GD basement dwellers.

She is good for the sport and what GD wants so we must hate her. Though we may get to see her play men if takes the Big 3 offer.
View Quote
Sigh.  No one hates her -- at least I don't.  She sounds like a nice person.

What we hate is the obviously false statement that her scoring record is any way, shape, or form comparable to Maravich's.

It's like people bragging about Hayley Wickenheiser's  International and Olympic hockey scoring records and claiming she is the highest scoring player in Olympic hockey history.  While true on its face such a statement omits a massive amount of context, such as the fact that women's Olympic hockey is so one-sided that there are only two truly competitive teams -- the US and Canada; everyone else in the world are patsies who lose by margins of 13-1 and 18-0.

Incidentally, unlike Clark she got a chance to play against the boys and test her skills against real competition.  She played 54 games for third-tier semi-pro men's teams in Finland and Sweden and scored...*drum roll*...three goals.  
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 12:40:34 AM EDT
[#5]
My mother excitedly told me a couple days ago about Clark surpassing the men's ncaa scoring record officially making her the greatest college basketball player of all time, men or women. I just laughed and said "well then I guess her next move will be to the NBA where she'll make tens of millions of dollars. But we both know that's not gonna happen."
I get that she's exciting to watch (if you like basketball). But people are losing their minds and saying a lot of retarded shit about how good she is. She's a phenomenal female player. She would suck on a men's team. Hell, she'd get destroyed by lots of high school boys. That's just a fact. Doesn't mean you shouldn't like her.
Serena Williams was a phenomenal female tennis player. She sucked compared to hundreds of men. Doesn't mean you can't be a fan. But don't be retarded and claim she's the greatest athlete of all time when she isn't even in the top 500 athletes playing tennis in her day.

Enjoy the game and don't be retarded. That's the takeaway.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 12:52:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Right now is my first time seeing this thread and seeing that name. I know nothing about anything regarding this person and, frankly, I feel like that is already too much.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 7:29:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 7:59:13 AM EDT
[#8]
I keep seeing her on the news shes white. Which makes me think she must really be good  due to I believe they would rather push a black player  if given a choice.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 8:27:01 AM EDT
[#9]
the ludicrous part to me is how she is going to bring the wnba into the limelight. there is zip zero zilch chance of anyone or any gimmick that's going to get the league into the limelight!
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 8:29:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: eurotrash] [#10]
Originally Posted By dtux:
Right now is my first time seeing this thread and seeing that name. I know nothing about anything regarding this person and, frankly, I feel like that is already too much.
View Quote

Now that you have posted in this Caitlin Clark megathread, you can tell everyone you’ve heard of her.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 9:16:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Zhukov:

Yet here you are, extolling how little you care.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Zhukov:

Yet here you are, extolling how little you care.

I reread what I posted a couple times and still don't see where it says I don't care.

I'm just kind of surprised that there's someone being talked about enough to bore people and I haven't heard a peep until now.

Originally Posted By eurotrash:

Now that you have posted in this Caitlin Clark megathread, you can tell everyone you've heard of her.

That's the plan
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 9:34:17 AM EDT
[#12]
View Quote

I recently read about her and she seems like a quality young lady.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 10:06:34 AM EDT
[#13]
She earned her spot. She puts asses in seats. Good for her…
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 5:22:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By AmericanPeople:

I recently read about her and she seems like a quality young lady.
View Quote
I agree she appears to be a quality young lady. just tired of the hype!
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 5:51:25 PM EDT
[#15]
We need to combine all of the men’s and women’s leagues into 1.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 4:28:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Newver heard of her until I saw this thread a few weeks back. Today I saw it again on page 10 of GD and was blown away it was 6 pages long.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 4:43:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Clark is great, plus just not just a scorer, she dishes the assists out as well.

Hopefully it’s a good game, really like Reese’s game as well.  She is gritty and battles and has that winner attitude, heart of the LSU team.  Plus she is fine as hell.

Rather watch Reese battle the 6’7” woman from SC in the finals.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 4:44:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Good for her. Still won’t change the fact that not a SINGLE WNBA team is profitable.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 5:04:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 5:45:00 PM EDT
[#20]

And Lyudmila Pavlichenko has buried more enemies than most men. What's your point?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ZitiForBreakfast:
More men have walked on the moon than women have dunked in the WNBA.

And Lyudmila Pavlichenko has buried more enemies than most men. What's your point?

That women's basketball sucks. Fuck the wnba.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 5:45:38 PM EDT
[#21]
I really hope this is 6 pages of 'who?'
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 6:02:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By ChandlerKJ:
Good for her. Still won’t change the fact that not a SINGLE WNBA team is profitable.
View Quote

I enjoy knowing the NBA is funding them. FNBA
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 6:08:41 PM EDT
[#23]
I've never heard of Caitlin Clark. Maybe turn off the 24/7 news/twitter.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 6:13:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Last night:

(1) Iowa 89, (5) Colorado 68

Clark is on the Iowa team.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 7:03:02 PM EDT
[#25]
A six page thread about women's basketball in gd

Link Posted: 4/1/2024 9:24:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Vne] [#26]
I'm actually trying to watch the iowa/lsu game now. Got into it late. My daughter came in and asked me why I was watching this. I explained the rivalry etc. She couldn't stop commenting on how awkward the girls look. Calls them "nafy". My daughter is an athlete. Naf, in her world, means "non-athletic fuck."
I tend to agree. It's just super awkward.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 9:36:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Never heard of her…
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 9:41:43 PM EDT
[#28]
This is the first i have heard of her.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 9:44:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Hillcountry:
Never heard of her…
View Quote

Now you can say you have
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 9:50:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Not nearly as tired as being reminded of the choices we have for president!
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 9:54:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Cranky_CJ:
No not tired of hearing about her.  She is great -and great for women's sports.

I'd much rather hear her name in the news that Britney Griner.
View Quote

This.    It's weird watching them NOT dunk, and do little short shots from the paint - but she has skill against her peers and that alone is worth watching.

Like the special Olympics - but with better looking girls.  

Honestly, I hope she sets the WNBA on fire and is an amazing roll model for the young female athletes out there!
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 10:17:25 PM EDT
[#32]
What did I miss?  I just came back inside.  When I saw the thread title I ran outside to yell about sportsball at the clouds.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 10:19:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Heard of hear last year somehow. Heard  of her again. When I watched the game. She’s nice! Heard of JuJi for the first time tonight and wondered if she’s going to get the scoring record tonight, but I’m watching Trading Places. N

Link Posted: 4/1/2024 10:20:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Jdawg_Valdez:
What did I miss?  I just came back inside.  When I saw the thread title I ran outside to yell about sportsball at the clouds.
View Quote

Don't worry, you're ok.

I live in an adjacent state and work with a mass of sportsball enthusiats.

They love talking about her and the American footballers and the volleyballers in their tiny shots (which I appreciate).

Not much else to get excited about here. Also wrestling
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 5:55:41 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By winddummy82:
the ludicrous part to me is how she is going to bring the wnba into the limelight. there is zip zero zilch chance of anyone or any gimmick that's going to get the league into the limelight!
View Quote

She might bring the WNBA into the limelight, but she'll never make it successful.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 6:41:20 AM EDT
[#36]
She's a hell of a shooter. Lots of 3-pointers while still moving.  Had a great game last night against LSU with a record 41 points.

Best part?  LSU gave up and Caitlin had the ball with seconds left in the game. She was under the goal all alone. Easily could have made it 43 points to get a better record but had the class to not take the shot.

That told me everything I needed to know about her
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 6:49:50 AM EDT
[#37]
That was a great game last night. I enjoy watching LSU and Iowa Hawkeyes play. Both are good teams.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 7:39:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Vne] [#38]
I just discovered that the wnba has never in its history been profitable. Every year of its existence, since 1996, it has lost money. Maybe after Caitlin joins they'll get a lot more viewers and finally break even.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 10:57:50 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By CZ75_9MM:
That was a great game last night. I enjoy watching LSU and Iowa Hawkeyes play. Both are good teams.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/2/2024 11:06:26 AM EDT
[#40]
I'm just here to complain about things that don't affect my every day life in the slightest
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 11:11:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: StanGram] [#41]
Got my first chance to tune in and see her play during a flight last night.

I'll admit - she is extremely entertaining to watch.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 11:19:43 AM EDT
[#42]

Who gives a shit?

Men are genetically stronger in just about every physical capacity over women.

Do you need a Pulitzer for coming to this conclusion?

Maybe it's not about men vs women.

Maybe it's about kids having a good role model. She's a Mia Hamm type for female youth basketball.

She puts down high scores, isn't doing keg stands on social media, and just seems like a genuinely good human being.

Why would you pick her, of all people, to complain about?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DrDover:
What a stupid rant.

I'm not a fan of women's basketball but her situation will completely change WNBA.

She puts people in seats. Basically the women's equivalent of a Stephen Curry outside the arc.

She can bang almost half court shots but also not some cocky "it's all about me." She has a bunch of assists too.

Plus she's inspiring. She's not on social media being a jackass, flashing fancy watches/wealth, she just fucking plays basketball.

It's a good thing for the sport and will inspire a lot of girls looking for a good "idol" type.

We're talking about a women's college athlete that is a rarity and we're seeing some special right now.

Let's see her play against a boys high school team to show the reality of the situation. You can pump up the beating Pete M. narrative all you want but in the grand scheme of basketball history it is not a huge deal. She would barely make a high school boys team.

Who gives a shit?

Men are genetically stronger in just about every physical capacity over women.

Do you need a Pulitzer for coming to this conclusion?

Maybe it's not about men vs women.

Maybe it's about kids having a good role model. She's a Mia Hamm type for female youth basketball.

She puts down high scores, isn't doing keg stands on social media, and just seems like a genuinely good human being.

Why would you pick her, of all people, to complain about?

She yelled STFU to the crowd at one of her recent games.

Real great, wholesome role model for those kids to look up to
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 11:23:04 AM EDT
[#43]
What a stupid rant.

View Quote

That’s great and all, but let me remind you, no one gives a flying fuck.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 11:23:48 AM EDT
[#44]
Here is my favorite video of her. Back when she was in high school.

A bunch of opposing high school dorks come to the game just to taunt her.

Have chants and everything in a small court so the player's hear everything.

Caitlin Clark is cold blooded and downs 42 points.

Watch the entire video. It's hilarious how cocky they are and how they become silent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_tnaaKQGz0

View Quote

Id rather watch my dick in a blender.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 11:25:51 AM EDT
[#45]

She is going to kill it in the WNBA.

Show me any WNBA players that were close to her dominance in college.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DrDover:
Let's see her play with the best of the best women's college players versus a middle of the road boy's high school team..... There are levels to this stuff and we know the outcome..... Good for her but I am uninspired as the father of 2 young women. 1 of my daughters was not interested in her D1 scholarship offers for soccer because academics were the easier path and women's soccer pays zero dollars for the work of 2-3 fulltime jobs. Of course it is very telling when Clark is at the peak of her career in college and her income will only decrease from here. She is a 1 time in a generation talent and the paychecks drop off when she goes off to the joke that is the wnba.

She is going to kill it in the WNBA.

Show me any WNBA players that were close to her dominance in college.

Show me anyone who gives a fuck about the WNBA. We don’t even care about the NBA.

Link Posted: 4/2/2024 11:33:20 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By APPARITION:

View Quote

Their coach responds:

“Honestly, I don’t even know when the anthem was played,” she said. “We kinda have a routine where we are on the floor and then they come off at the 12-minute mark. I don’t know, we come in and we do our pre-game stuff. I’m sorry. Listen, that’s nothing intentionally done.”

I do not watch basketball.  Having said that, I am aware of who these people are.  I don’t care for the attitude of the LSU girl so I can’t say I was disappointed to hear that they had lost.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 11:35:37 AM EDT
[#47]
Can't be tired of something you never cared about in the first place.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 11:38:05 AM EDT
[#48]
Who?
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 11:38:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dirtyboy] [#49]
She wouldn't make any big schools varsity high school team.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 11:47:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: caduckgunner] [#50]
View Quote

Page / 8
Top Top