Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By nightstalker:
She's the Taylor Swift of the sports world
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RealityCheck0311:
Why do I feel this thread would have been bumped a dozen times had Iowa lost tonight?  

This Finals is going to break more records on viewers. Curious about tonight's results for a Final Four.

Interesting stats from the previous game against LSU

https://www.espn.com.au/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/39862514/iowa-lsu-rematch-shatters-tv-ratings-record-123m-viewers

Iowa's 94-87 victory over LSU in the Elite Eight of the women's NCAA tournament Monday night averaged 12.3 million viewers on ESPN, according to Nielsen. That makes it one of the most-viewed games in any sport other than NFL football over the past year.

Iowa-LSU outdrew all but one of the five games in last year's NBA Finals, along with the clinching game of last year's World Series (11.48 million).

It was also the most watched men's or women's college basketball game ever on ESPN, more than doubling the prior largest audience.

Only one men's NCAA tournament game this year had bigger viewership: North Carolina State's win over Duke on Sunday in the men's Elite Eight on CBS averaged 15.1 million.

According to Sports Media Watch, it was the most viewed basketball game on ESPN since Game 7 of the 2018 Eastern Conference finals, when the Cleveland Cavaliers' victory over the Boston Celtics averaged 13.6 million.

Again, that was the previous game, not tonights.

Whether you like or have heard of her is irrelevant, she's doing amazing things for women's basketball.

She's the Taylor Swift of the sports world

Very different.  There a lot of previous and current pro players (men and women) hating on her and praying she doesn't pull off the upset of South Carolina this afternoon.  Guess what type of famous athletes on the talk shows and interviews are making the most negative comments about Caitlin.

She went to a catholic high school.  

...and living in Iowa there is nothing here...someone that grows up here, plays for Iowa, and took the team to the finals two years in a row after having only been to one final four in program history (1993) and no finals appearances ever is going to get a ton of support.  The Iowa fan base is crazy they show up to support pathetic teams now they have legitimately the best female player ever on their team and from here of course it's going to get crazy support.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 10:25:27 AM EDT
[#2]
She’s fun to watch and seems like a good person. I’m okay with it.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 11:34:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Clark's response for the haters:

Link Posted: 4/7/2024 6:15:46 PM EDT
[#4]
She wasn’t enough to take the championship
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 6:19:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Great season Iowa nothing to be ashamed of! Best of everything in the future ladies.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 6:26:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By lefty-weaver-g19:

Very different.  There a lot of previous and current pro players (men and women) hating on her and praying she doesn't pull off the upset of South Carolina this afternoon.  Guess what type of famous athletes on the talk shows and interviews are making the most negative comments about Caitlin.

She went to a catholic high school.  

...and living in Iowa there is nothing here...someone that grows up here, plays for Iowa, and took the team to the finals two years in a row after having only been to one final four in program history (1993) and no finals appearances ever is going to get a ton of support.  The Iowa fan base is crazy they show up to support pathetic teams now they have legitimately the best female player ever on their team and from here of course it's going to get crazy support.
View Quote

There are just as many that support her as well. Even some offering her 15mill to play in the Big 3. She would t make that much in the wnba with endorsements. There are a ton of athletes and people that recognize her skill. Wish her the best.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 2:55:19 AM EDT
[#7]
I think shes great for women. Also her beef with that one chick where they flashed fingers with rings or whatever who they then tried to claim racism on her was pretty shitty.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 2:07:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By APPARITION:
She wasn't enough to take the championship
View Quote
Her passes were not leading to assists scores S.Carolina defense was tough.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 4:39:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: StanGram] [#9]
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
She's fun to watch and seems like a good person. I'm okay with it.
View Quote
I mostly agree. But, she threw her hands up or sulked about every single call. I didn't see that from any other players in the two games of hers I watched. It was pretty lame.

Link Posted: 4/8/2024 4:42:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Gabbie Marshall is my favorite player on that team aside from Clark.  She hustles and works hard on defense.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 4:48:07 PM EDT
[#11]
yep, my in-laws are all from Iowa and they have nothing better going on in their lives, so it was Caitlin Clark pictures and stories for the past month.

"did you know that your wife's swimming teacher 35 yrs ago was the same teacher that taught Caitlin Clark how to swim?"  ....   no, no I didn't know that, and I don't give a single fuck either lady.

"did you know that Caitlin Clark grew up 14 minutes from my aunt's farm?"  No, didn't know that either Grandma.  suuuuuuuuuper interesting stuff though!

Needless to say, I was pumped they lost in the Finals.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 4:53:46 PM EDT
[#12]
View All Quotes
She wasn't enough to take the championship

And Iowa was too small/SC was too big and physical.
The offensive rebounds they allowed that lead to 2nd chance points is why Iowa lost.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 4:54:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Portnoy offered her 10mil to play on his barstool rec team.

Link Posted: 4/8/2024 4:56:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 5:16:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By winddummy82:
The lady has a set shot, no bout adout it. Caitlin I wish you continued success but the WNBA sucks and there's nothing you or anybody else can do about it.
View Quote

The ONLY time I hear about the WNBA is here.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 5:42:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dissident] [#16]
Originally Posted By Cincinnatus:
All the Black Lesbian WNBA chicks hate her.

She's better than they are, she's white, and she's heterosexual.
View Quote

I had no idea there were so many black lesbian basketball players on Arfcom.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 5:45:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Why lie?!?!? I just wanna see her bust that thang open on OnlyFans…
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 5:53:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Thankfully that is over with.  Not sure I've seen a bigger whiner ever, according to her, she was fouled every time anyone came near her.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 6:11:33 PM EDT
[#19]

View Quote

They will never allow her to be the face of THEIR LEAGUE.
They are already saying she won't make it without saying it is because she is white/hetro.
She will never get the ball passed to her and the defense will beat the crap out of her.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 9:19:28 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote
yep. Caitlin is going to be gang tackled every game by lesbian racists.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:46:33 AM EDT
[#21]
She's back in the news again

Caitlin Clark went No. 1 in the WNBA Draft. Some fans are outraged at her salary
The University of Iowa star is set to make $338,000 on a four-year rookie deal, compared to $55 million for the No. 1 pick in last year's NBA Draft.

https://www.today.com/news/sports/caitlin-clark-salary-rcna147977

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:17:09 AM EDT
[#22]

Caitlin Clark went No. 1 in the WNBA Draft. Some fans are outraged at her salary
The University of Iowa star is set to make $338,000 on a four-year rookie deal, compared to $55 million for the No. 1 pick in last year's NBA Draft.

View Quote

The Fever!!! Indiana sucks less than Iowa I suppose....She also was dressed in Prada...first time in WNBA draft history...this is a good thing for the WNBA, if women actually start to buy fucking tickets and merch then the sponsors will show up and the fucking players can get paid more.

There are just as many women as there are men in the country, no reason WNBA can't be supported by women.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:21:44 AM EDT
[#23]

View Quote
The equal pay bunch get their panties in a bunch when told the wnba is smaller and does not make the money.
They have to be subsidized by the NBA.

I hope Caitlin has a good career.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:23:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By midcap:

The Fever!!! Indiana sucks less than Iowa I suppose....She also was dressed in Prada...first time in WNBA draft history...this is a good thing for the WNBA, if women actually start to buy fucking tickets and merch then the sponsors will show up and the fucking players can get paid more.

There are just as many women as there are men in the country, no reason WNBA can't be supported by women.
View All Quotes

This.

The WNBA loses money every year and the NBA writes a  $10 million-ish check to keep it going.

Meanwhile, the NBA gross revenue was $10.5 BILLION in 2023. Of course their pay is going to be higher, the market has determined that their sport is worth more.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:29:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By MetalChef:

This.

The WNBA loses money every year and the NBA writes a  $10 million-ish check to keep it going.

Meanwhile, the NBA gross revenue was $10.5 BILLION in 2023. Of course their pay is going to be higher, the market has determined that their sport is worth more.
View All Quotes

This.

The money in the WNBA is just sitting there in brand partnerships.

IF the WNBA can figure out a way to get women to watch the games....the sponsors would make it fuckin rain on them...women like to spend money..facts.

For example, Nike makes the WNBA jerseys. Why not get a designer to make them? Same with the shoes...have Nike and who ever else to do a JV with LVMH or Prada or the myraid of brands.

IMO they are trying to market the WNBA the same way they are marketing the NBA...that's not gonna work.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:48:18 AM EDT
[#26]

This.

View All Quotes

This.

This part of the article was telling on that

The WNBA currently makes about $60 million a year from its media rights, which can be renegotiated in 2025, according to Front Office Sports.

In comparison, the NBA is in the midst of a $24 billion television deal that pays $2.7 billion annually. Plus, the league is expected to command between $60 billion and $72 billion when it renegotiates its TV deal this summer, according to Sports Business Journal.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 3:17:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Wonder how many people in this thread that hate Caitlin Clark will inevitably support her after sending xmas or bday money to a niece/granddaughter that uses it to buy the newest Caitlin Clark Nikes.

In all seriousness, she comes across as a stand up person and deserves all the endorsement money she can get.

https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/40008254/caitlin-clark-set-sign-new-8-year-deal-nike-reports-say

Caitlin Clark appears to be on the cusp of setting another record.

The most prolific scorer in NCAA Division I history and the No. 1 pick in the WNBA draft will continue her association with Nike by signing a $28 million contract that spans eight years and includes a signature shoe.

The new deal would be the richest sponsorship contract for a women's basketball player.
View Quote

I wouldn't be shocked if they become popular with men.

Sabrina Ionescu's (WNBA) Nike shoe Sabrina 1 is popular with a lot of NBA players.

Link Posted: 4/24/2024 4:59:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: APPARITION] [#28]
Wonder how many people in this thread that hate Caitlin Clark will inevitably support her after sending xmas or bday money to a niece/granddaughter that uses it to buy the newest Caitlin Clark Nikes.

In all seriousness, she comes across as a stand up person and deserves all the endorsement money she can get.

https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/40008254/caitlin-clark-set-sign-new-8-year-deal-nike-reports-say

Sabrina Ionescu's (WNBA) Nike shoe Sabrina 1 is popular with a lot of NBA players.

View All Quotes

The most prolific scorer in NCAA Division I history and the No. 1 pick in the WNBA draft will continue her association with Nike by signing a $28 million contract that spans eight years and includes a signature shoe.

The new deal would be the richest sponsorship contract for a women's basketball player.

Seems like she's pretty  intelligent.

??Caitlin Clark Rejects $32 Million Under Armour Deal From Steph Curry
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:14:01 PM EDT
[#29]

View All Quotes

Your obsession with her is noted.  
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 12:55:26 AM EDT
[#30]
She really destroyed the established players.  Oh wait.  John Cena that game...
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 10:29:24 AM EDT
[#31]
Good summary.

Comparing her to men is dumb girls game is a different game. Also fun to watch but different.

I like that she just plays and isn't on social trying to out ghetto the ghetto.

She's just very very good

What a stupid rant.

I'm not a fan of women's basketball but her situation will completely change WNBA.

She puts people in seats. Basically the women's equivalent of a Stephen Curry outside the arc.

She can bang almost half court shots but also not some cocky "it's all about me." She has a bunch of assists too.

A type of person that can read the game, offense and defense.

Hate all you want but she has the NCAA all-time scoring record, men AND women.

She beat out Pete "Pistol" Maravich!! A person they've made MOVIES about.

Plus she's inspiring. She's not on social media being a jackass, flashing fancy watches/wealth, she just fucking plays basketball.

It's a good thing for the sport and will inspire a lot of girls looking for a good "idol" type.

She's going to fill seats in the WNBA and likely raise the bar.

We're talking about a women's college athlete that is a rarity and we're seeing some special right now.

Like a Mia Hamm for women's soccer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0e7OcYphZM
View Quote

Page / 8
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top