BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 13
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 7:04:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AnnieOakleyFJB:
Sent a little something. Give those little buggers a hug from us!
View Quote

Thank you
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 10:16:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 10:39:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dhmjr40] [#3]
Originally Posted By Kitties-with-Sigs:

Ah, hell.

I saw the rottie-looking pup and thought, Oh no, I hope he doesn't get parvo.

Just...hell.

It's hard to beat but it can be beaten.  

Everyone, OP is going to have to spend a LOT of money to save this baby if he can save it.

Maybe we need to throw some funds his way.

I will give a little, if there is a setup for that.

(If you walk into a room with rottie pups and say "parvo" they will get it.  They are insanely susceptible.)
View Quote

I wonder if that is why she got dumped?  I did not know that about Rotties…You think that is what she is?   One breed I’ve never really been around.
Link Posted: 6/4/2024 2:26:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Boingo] [#4]
Originally Posted By dhmjr40:
Vet just called.  New pup has parvo.  Told him to do what he could knowing it'll be a coin toss (expensive) coin toss but still.  Of course I gotta take Rudy in now since they've been playing and chewing on each other.  Good thoughts, wishes, prayers are appreciated.  Never had a dog with parvo before in the almost 50 years of being around them.  Feel a little stupid being attached to that newest pup like I am after this short period of time but, man, watching those two dogs play that one day was just special.   And now one, maybe both are at risk.  No signs of anything wrong with Rudy at all but we'll do what we can.
View Quote

Oh, shit. I was wondering if the new one was healthy. Money inbound if you need it for the new one, or both. Hopefully just the new one and Rudy is OK.
Link Posted: 6/4/2024 9:59:02 AM EDT
[#5]
New pup still hanging in there.  If she makes it today and tomorrow, I think she has a shot from what I've read.  Still waiting to hear about Rudy.  They are giving him another vaccination shot and will be under observation since it can take up to a week to show symptoms but can come home today I think.  Will have to keep him away from the zoo for a while though just in case.
Link Posted: 6/4/2024 10:01:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Prayers out of the doggos
Link Posted: 6/4/2024 10:05:12 AM EDT
[#7]
If he has parvo I strongly urge you to buy canned goats milk and baby rice cereal and force feed him. I have saved many of pups by doing this. Without it-he will die from dehydration.
Link Posted: 6/4/2024 10:13:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Fingers crossed and holding breath for the pups!

Parvo is evil.  
Link Posted: 6/4/2024 10:15:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By QueenDeNile:
If he has parvo I strongly urge you to buy canned goats milk and baby rice cereal and force feed him. I have saved many of pups by doing this. Without it-he will die from dehydration.
View Quote

They are at the vet.  One on fluids/iv already.   Thanks for the info though!
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 10:32:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dhmjr40] [#10]
Rudy has been released.  Told to still watch him for a week or so, but all signs are good.  New pup still at vet but fighting.  Everything I've read says 48 to 72 hours after showing symptoms are critical so crossing fingers we get through today.  

Super skinny white dog showed up at our sod field yesterday and the boss told me to take him to get checked out.  I think I'm starting to be a bad influence around here.  Gotta gain some weight before being treated for everything.  I guess we have a new office/shop dog   Will post pictures later.  Running late this morning and forgot my phone at home.  It's been so peaceful so far, lol, I kinda hate to grab it at lunch.
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 10:49:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Pup prayers out my man. #PuckFarvo
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 10:56:08 AM EDT
[#12]
I had an Australian Shepherd that got parvo when he was a pup. He pulled through it fine but if I hadn't taken him to the vet right away I doubt he would have. Hoping yours have the same luck since you caught it right away, they can get seriously dehydrated in short order.
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 3:17:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Vet called to let me know I can take little pup home today.  Said she's eating well, antibiotics seemed to have done their job.  When I saw those missed calls from this morning, was not expecting this news.  Still will need to keep her seperated (and Rudy) for at least a little while but everything is looking good.  Made my day    I'm almost tempted to call her Rocky now.  But she will need a name....
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 3:17:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Great NEWS!
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 3:40:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Wonderful.
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 3:52:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By DamascusKnifemaker:
Great NEWS!
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/5/2024 3:56:22 PM EDT
[#17]
That’s great to hear!!

My sister had two dogs from the same litter when I was young.  One caught parvo.  He survived, but he was never right in the head after that.  Just kinda crazy and unpredictable.   Was hoping that wouldn’t be the case here.
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 4:02:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Duke117] [#18]
Vet called to let me know I can take little pup home today.  Said she's eating well, antibiotics seemed to have done their job.  When I saw those missed calls from this morning, was not expecting this news.  Still will need to keep her seperated (and Rudy) for at least a little while but everything is looking good.  Made my day    I'm almost tempted to call her Rocky now.  But she will need a name....
View Quote

Wonderful news.
You Sir, are a singular force for canine good.. bravo.
Not all heroes wear capes…
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 4:36:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 4:37:51 PM EDT
[#20]
“You keep taking me to the place where I feel sick.  Stop that!”

Looking great!
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 5:01:47 PM EDT
[#21]
I can’t imagine how happy she is to be back with you.
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 5:08:33 PM EDT
[#22]

That dog has a look like "I am so lucky you found me.  I love you and will never hurt you...except when I do puppy things.  I am the baby.  Gotta love me."

Link Posted: 6/5/2024 5:10:01 PM EDT
[#23]
I'll bet Rudy will be happy to see her also!
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 5:16:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Awesome news!!!!
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 5:22:38 PM EDT
[#25]
That's all great news. She looks happy to be with you again.
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 5:36:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Thanks for the new pics, OP.

Unfortunately, our cat was killed on Saturday after he went into the neighbors yard (hasn’t done that in 4+ years) and their pit got hold of him. He was having some health issues that were becoming more severe, so I half wonder if he did suicide by pit.

Regardless, glad to see there are some animals coming out of bad places.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 5:43:00 PM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

They both are being hyper.  They can hear/probably smell each other but vet says 3 week quarantine for new pup.  Gonna be a long 3 weeks but we gotta be safe.
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 5:44:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By towerofpower94:

Unfortunately, our cat was killed on Saturday after he went into the neighbors yard (hasn’t done that in 4+ years) and their pit got hold of him. He was having some health issues that were becoming more severe, so I half wonder if he did suicide by pit.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/302703/9064B410-AF67-417F-B00E-E7A5C2AF49ED_jpe-3233268.JPG
View Quote

I am so sorry to hear that…..
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 10:10:50 AM EDT
[#29]

What an absolute beauty.  I swear I can see her sweet soul in those eyes.  Glad everything seems to be working out.
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 12:09:33 PM EDT
[#30]
View Quote

Glad to hear it.  I bet Rudy is, too.
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 12:10:58 PM EDT
[#31]

They both are being hyper.  They can hear/probably smell each other but vet says 3 week quarantine for new pup.  Gonna be a long 3 weeks but we gotta be safe.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

You ain't kidding.
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 12:23:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 12:35:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 12:38:33 PM EDT
[#34]
OP is awesome sauce
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 4:43:20 PM EDT
[#35]

View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/302703/9064B410-AF67-417F-B00E-E7A5C2AF49ED_jpe-3233268.JPG

Thank you. Kinda living vicariously through your roadside finds for the past week.
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 4:43:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Lone_Eagle:

Looks like my Beki.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/471199/1000000919_jpeg-3233928.JPG

View Quote

Cute pooch
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 5:42:17 PM EDT
[#37]

My offer from earlier still stands. I am good for a $100 to help you and your new kids out
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 5:47:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dhmjr40] [#38]
Originally Posted By DoverGunner:

My offer from earlier still stands. I am good for a $100 to help you and your new kids out
View Quote

Thank you so much,  I sent a im.

I swear, you guys have been a blessing.  This parvo deal was something else and not sure how I could have done it without ya'lls help.
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 8:33:41 PM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

Sorry about your kitteh

Cowcats are special to me

Neighbor has a old dog that has aggression issues and I lost a cat I raised 3 months ago

I told him no more warnings

She growls and is fair game

And then I got these 2 to deal with at my house/ farm in west va

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/6/2024 8:34:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kbi] [#40]
@dhmjr40

Are people just dumping puppies out there by you?

Hiw old is Rudy now ?
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 8:47:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dhmjr40] [#41]
Originally Posted By kbi:
@dhmjr40

Are people just dumping puppies out there by you?

Hiw old is Rudy now ?
View Quote

It’s been a popular dropping off spot for years and I think it’s been getting worse because people talk locally when I take them in.   Had the post office clerk even mention that a few years ago.   I do try to find homes for most and have been fairly successful.  I’ve also had more than a few die because they were just too far gone.
Purely guessing but I think Rudy is around 4 months.  He was small but eating solid food when I found him around the first of April.
I’m being attacked by Lord Humongous as I’m typing……
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 8:55:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AmericanPeople] [#42]
Are you keeping the parvo pup?   Notice how he looks at you.    See photos in quote in the post below this one.
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 9:01:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 9:02:59 PM EDT
[#44]
got him vaccinated against Parvo?
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 10:05:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By AmericanPeople:
Are you keeping the parvo pup?   Notice how he looks at you.    See photos in quote in the post below this one.
View Quote

I am.  Too much money invested at this point but more importantly the way she and Rudy get along pretty much sealed the deal
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 10:09:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By 9divdoc:
got him vaccinated against Parvo?
View Quote

Rudy had the initial shot but got a second Tuesday.  He was the only one around the new pup in that time frame.  I just knew he was positive but vet says nope but to keep an eye on him for a little while.
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 10:57:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 9:06:09 AM EDT
[#48]

Sorry about your kitteh

Neighbor has a old dog that has aggression issues and I lost a cat I raised 3 months ago

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/77256/20240602_223549_jpg-3234327.JPG

View All Quotes

Sorry about your kitteh

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/77256/20240602_223549_jpg-3234327.JPG

Thanks. He was a rescue cat and knew he won the lottery by ending up with us. He was also the first/only pet my wife and I have had, so it stung a little more than other animals we’ve each lost in the past.
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 12:50:55 PM EDT
[#49]

It’s been a popular dropping off spot for years and I think it’s been getting worse because people talk locally when I take them in.   Had the post office clerk even mention that a few years ago.   I do try to find homes for most and have been fairly successful.  I’ve also had more than a few die because they were just too far gone.
Purely guessing but I think Rudy is around 4 months.  He was small but eating solid food when I found him around the first of April.
I’m being attacked by Lord Humongous as I’m typing……
View Quote

Lord Humongous.

That's such a great name.
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 5:31:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Kilo says "Hi puppies.  Heal up fast. I'm only 8 months old so I am still a puppy." Picture at 6 months
Attachment Attached File
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top