Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By fttam:

Short sighted
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fttam:
Originally Posted By Ajek:

Yeah, God forbid people have principles and stand by them.

Might as well just vote Democrat. Afterall, Democrat positions from 10 years ago are currently a big part of the current GOP platform. Giving in to the other side has worked out great.

Short sighted

Quite the opposite
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 3:45:35 PM EDT
[#2]
To keep Democrats out of power, we have to adopt Democrat policies..
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 3:46:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By gotigers:
Arizona Supreme Court upholds 1864 law banning nearly all abortions

The pink hair mafia will be out stuffing ballot boxes this Nov.

I agree with the ruling. Maybe a bit hypocritical, but why couldn't this wait until 2025.
View Quote

Its not the pink hair mafia, and "they have been stuffing ballot boxes for more than 20 years.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 3:48:17 PM EDT
[#4]
You can't appease evil.  

I have no need to care how people who advocate the murder of babies for convenience feel.    

Praise to God the Father, Almighty, and praise be His name.   May this ruling weaken the demonic influencers and help those who still worship God find their resolve in all things.    

Link Posted: 4/9/2024 3:49:25 PM EDT
[#5]

Arizona will go to the DNC candidates for President and Senate
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 3:49:44 PM EDT
[#6]
WATCH: Governor responds to Arizona Supreme Court upholding Civil War-era abortion ban

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 3:50:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By BabaYaga777:
Good thing I got snipped years ago then
View Quote

Doesn’t prevent pregnancy, just changes the color of the baby
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 3:52:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I could care less. If you want one get one, if not don't get one. If it's legal or illegal I don't care. Just to be honest there are a lot of people out there that should have been aborted, it would have made the world a better place.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 3:52:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Lou_Daks:
IIRC there is an effort to get it on the ballot via proposition.  That's where it belongs.

You either believe in the Constitution or you don't.  It's not that hard.
View Quote

Get it on the ballot and the swing will be 20%. The D's will have the landslide they want.

Fight it out until the next election that is not the same time as pres election. Keeping it off this ballot might only cause a 10%.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 3:54:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By CypressCity:
Abortion and weed are the two things that keep Republicans out of office.  Such a stupid fucking hill to die on.
View Quote

ive been saying this for years.

not that i agree with either but if they dont do something, theyll keep losing.

one state at a time...
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 3:54:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Basically every presidential election in the last 30+ years has been closely split between the parties.  As in the winner ranged from getting ~46% to ~58% of the popular vote.

About 2/3rds of voters consistently want 1st trimester abortion to be legal, its polled that way for 20 years.  That gives a huge number of voters that often vote republican, but want 1st trimester abortion to be legal.

So, if AZ was smart about this, instead of having an OH/MI style ballot initiative in November, they would legislatively redo their 2022 15 week limit law to expressly replace the 1864 law.

That doesn't mean they shouldn't eventually try to restrict it further, but every time there's a ballot initiative about abortion post Dobbs, abortion wins, and becomes wide open.  Putting a ballot issue about it out, in a purple swing state in a presidential election cycle, isn't a great plan nationally either.  It can very likely setup Biden getting to replace Clarence Thomas, with a majority in the Senate.

So really, it is a question of whether more or less abortion is preferable.   I know plenty of anti-abortion people that make analogies to the holocaust, and that's fair.  However, they don't seem to condemn Oskar Schindler for recognizing the situation he was in, and only saving 1200ish people, instead of going YOLO and getting himself and the 1200 killed.  
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 3:54:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Don't worry, Gavin Newsom will be along shortly to offer free rides to CA to have your abortions.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 3:55:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By -Sabot42-:
Fuck anyone who kills a baby and fuck anyone willing to win an election by ignoring baby killing.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/9/2024 3:56:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: zentradi] [#14]
Remember the leftanist satanick cucks, never trust them.  They are and will continue to out themselves.  

Anyone who cucks themselves to satan in this world for convenience or political gain will never stand firm beside the righteous when the going gets rougher.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 3:56:45 PM EDT
[#15]
How does a law from 1864 banning performing an abortion superseded a law from 2022 that allows them up to 15 weeks?
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 3:58:43 PM EDT
[#16]
That's the law, as written, on AZ's books. Agree or not, it's spelled out.

Democrats love passing laws, then ignoring them or twisting them for their own circumstances. They won't accept the plain meaning of any statute, yet love making up shit where there is none.

RKBA - They don't see it.

Abortion - Why, it's practically right there if you completely jumble up the letters.

If AZ wants abortion, write it down and pass it as a law. Apparently, the last time they did that was 1864. That's stands until the agree on something new. It's odd that Democrats at the national level have never gotten around to codifying what they want (because its complete abortion up to and after birth).
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 3:59:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By PTR32Sooner:

Principles mean jack shit if you don’t get elected to office.

You’re at home with your principles while the liberal that got elected is making law.
View Quote

So you don’t run on principles, implement a secret agenda, and then get it all reversed next election cycle.

Link Posted: 4/9/2024 4:01:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By bandanabandit1:

This. If you don’t believe in conserving life itself, can you even claim to be a Conservative?
View Quote

Yes and I still will call my self a constitutional conservative. You know the thing that says nothing about abortion.

Better question is can you call yourself a religious conservative, that would be a nope.

Personally some days I see the evangelical side of the republican party just as bad as the progressive side of the democratic party. AKA pick a sword and fall on it, ignoring that it will kill you. Too bad the progressives learned and stopped falling on their swords.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 4:02:49 PM EDT
[#19]
This is the only topic that the left can campaign on. They’ve destroyed everything else that they’ve touched. Seriously, name one thing that they’ve done in years that actually made things better. Heck, poopypants is taking credit for student loan forgiveness laws that were passed under W (maybe W but def not him). They have nothing. This is their hope. If the gop will quit giving them control over the message, they could easily drown this out. Just talk about something else, they’ve got a lot of options.

If the economy was good, our foreign policy wasn’t a dumpster fire, and the border was secured out at least didn’t look like Walmart on Black Friday, the only thing you’d really see about this is abortion groups telling people where they can go to get one.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 4:03:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Kbear:
To keep Democrats out of power, we have to adopt Democrat policies..
View Quote

I’m fine with letting them kill their own kind. Not sure why we’re willing to give up the power of our country to defend them keeping their own.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 4:05:19 PM EDT
[#21]
If the whores are setting policy, society is already fucked. Accept it and get ready to deal with it. Just like people have been doing for millennia.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 4:06:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By BlackTaco:

I’m fine with letting them kill their own kind. Not sure why we’re willing to give up the power of our country to defend them keeping their own.
View Quote

Just because you were born from leftists doesn’t mean you will become one.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 4:07:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Good.  If it saves one more innocent life.  Timing or not, what if that was your child?
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 4:08:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By vaughn4380:

They knew what they were doing.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By vaughn4380:
Originally Posted By crashburnrepeat:
I am anti abortion, but good grief the timing on this is retarded. They riled up the baby killers RIGHT before the election.

so stupid.

They knew what they were doing.

Don't they always.  
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 4:09:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By -Sabot42-:
Fuck anyone who kills a baby and fuck anyone willing to win an election by ignoring baby killing.
View Quote

I have an idea on how we can get the Left and Right together on this:

We will outlaw abortions, but all of the people who are against abortion will be charged to raise the children through 18 years old since you are forcing someone to have a child against their will.  How 'bout dat?  You people are acting like Liberals thinking you are so noble forcing others to pay for your morals.  

Link Posted: 4/9/2024 4:10:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By FS7:
Abortion is wrong. There is no level of killing that is acceptable where one can remain pro-life. Nobody would argue that Jeffrey Dahmer is more pro-life than John Wayne Gacy because he killed fewer people. Abortion is wrong. Republicans who support "limited" abortion are not pro-life. This includes Trump.

I do not accept the whole "state" issue. Would that be federalism? Sure, if you accept that the owning of slaves, the legality of rape and murder, and so on are state issues. They are fundamentally wrong, and as the Constitution guarantees a right to life before all, abortion should be illegal as a matter of natural law.

Nobody who is "riled up" by abortion issues was going to vote Republican in the first place. I tend to believe this country is well beyond saving, and people getting angry and voting against restrictions on abortion when we're already one of the most permissive in the entire world is a prime example of that.
View Quote

You cannot force your will onto all 50 states. Wrong or not. Federalism was designed to deal with these variances in state cultures.

If you think for one damn minute there is a chance to have a so called national ban on abortion (which would require a constitutional amendment for it to be lawful), you are sadly deluded.

The people who like abortion are going to come out and curb stomp pro-life candidates in November.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 4:11:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By CypressCity:
Abortion and weed are the two things that keep Republicans out of office.  Such a stupid fucking hill to die on.
View Quote

Yea, who the fuck cares about killing babies. As long as my team wins! If this is what the GOP has become then we deserve to lose.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 4:12:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By BlackTaco:

View Quote

Because only democrats get abortions.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 4:12:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Amendment X
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 4:14:26 PM EDT
[#30]

I agree, kinda.  and I guess fuck me cause I think this was a bad idea.

But we would make a lot more progress in this fight over the long haul by actually winning the presidency.

If you think losing the presidency will save babies, you are wrong.
View Quote

The election was lost, the moment Trump was anointed the nominee by the faithful.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 4:14:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AXE0FWAR] [#31]
Originally Posted By Alwaysright:

Yea, who the fuck cares about killing babies. As long as my team wins! If this is what the GOP has become then we deserve to lose.
View Quote

100% this.

This country is morally bankrupt from the Presidency down to the fruits dancing in the streets. We deserve our collapse.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 4:17:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By BombCrater:

I have an idea on how we can get the Left and Right together on this:

We will outlaw abortions, but all of the people who are against abortion will be charged to raise the children through 18 years old since you are forcing someone to have a child against their will.  How 'bout dat?  You people are acting like Liberals thinking you are so noble forcing others to pay for your morals.  
View Quote

Birth control

Link Posted: 4/9/2024 4:17:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By FS7:

Nobody who is "riled up" by abortion issues was going to vote Republican in the first place. I tend to believe this country is well beyond saving, and people getting angry and voting against restrictions on abortion when we're already one of the most permissive in the entire world is a prime example of that.
View Quote

Married white women that lean conservative will vote D when abortion access is in question.

See 2020 & 2022
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 4:18:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ajek] [#34]
Kari Lake comes out as pro-abortion. My surprised face ->

Link Posted: 4/9/2024 4:18:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Alwaysright:

View Quote

How about we let democracy decide. Lets pole every republican and see if the majority want a total ban on abortion. If yes lets make it the center of the party platform, if no how about we just tuck it away until we actually have power.

Until then the 10-20-30 or what ever % of the party that wants it is willing to never be in any majority position of power and they take the rest of the party with em.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 4:19:25 PM EDT
[#36]
I am anti abortion, but good grief the timing on this is retarded. They riled up the baby killers RIGHT before the election.

so stupid.
View Quote

There are no coincidences.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 4:19:53 PM EDT
[#37]
I am for expanding abortion because I would rather these people not reproduce in the first place.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 4:20:29 PM EDT
[#38]

so stupid.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/9/2024 4:20:52 PM EDT
[#39]
I would lose every election to save unborn children from being murdered.

You either have convictions about what is right, or you don't. I do, atleast about killing kids.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 4:22:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By GI-45:

Great. Maybe they'll put another marijuana legalization proposition on there too for good measure.

View Quote

That's what happened in Ohio in 2023
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 4:22:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By ecreps:
I would lose every election to save unborn children from being murdered.

You either have convictions about what is right, or you don't. I do, atleast about killing kids.
View Quote

And you would save none, because you would have no say in it. You would be the green party, sure what you stand on you believe in but you have no power to do anything about it.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 4:22:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Conservatives: this is a very important part of our beliefs and platform

Also conservatives: fuck, we won.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 4:25:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Well, Flagstaff area will certainly be triggered. Suicide watch for the student population there.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 4:28:54 PM EDT
[#44]
OMG at 00:47 she rips a nasty fart before speaking! NASTY WOMAN NASTY!

She also starts off with Obama-speak: “Let me be clear”. I laugh every time I hear that shit.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 4:31:21 PM EDT
[#45]

You’re at home with your principles while the liberal that got elected is making law.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ajek:

Yeah, God forbid people have principles and stand by them.

Might as well just vote Democrat. Afterall, Democrat positions from 10 years ago are currently a big part of the current GOP platform. Giving in to the other side has worked out great.

Everyone calm down. It's not like todays current republican law makers are any better....oh wait, they just got a win.

Eh, evil finds a way.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 4:32:37 PM EDT
[#46]

I agree, kinda.  and I guess fuck me cause I think this was a bad idea.

But we would make a lot more progress in this fight over the long haul by actually winning the presidency.

If you think losing the presidency will save babies, you are wrong.
View Quote

If you think winning the kingship, er, presidency will change things...

Congress makes laws not the president.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 4:34:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By AXE0FWAR:

Because only democrats get abortions.
View Quote

mostly....
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 4:35:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By StaccatoC2:

How about we let democracy decide. Lets pole every republican and see if the majority want a total ban on abortion. If yes lets make it the center of the party platform, if no how about we just tuck it away until we actually have power.

Until then the 10-20-30 or what ever % of the party that wants it is willing to never be in any majority position of power and they take the rest of the party with em.
View Quote

Now do that with guns and see how it works out for you. You want gullible and easily swayed masses making moral decisions by popular vote, what could go wrong?
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 4:35:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Spade:
Conservatives: this is a very important part of our beliefs and platform

Also conservatives: fuck, we won.
View Quote

Speak for yourself, its very important to you, a religious conservative. As a constitutional conservatives its not so important to me, but I still dont like abortion. Do not lump everyone together in an attempt to justify blaming others when and if you loose.
Link Posted: 4/9/2024 4:35:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By thesquidliest:
Appears there are two camps in GD when it comes to abortion and electoral politics.

First camp is the ideological purists who are completely fine with the GOP losing every election going forward if that is price of abortion bans like this one in AZ.  That position all but guarantees giving the dims/libtards more power to fuck everything up, so why even bother voting at all.

The second camp is not so rigid ideologically with abortion, but espousing that opinion renders you persona non-grata with certain factions within the GOP.  Even Trump punted to the states on abortion in a bid to improve his electoral prospects; ostensibly because he realizes pissing off the purists might be ok if that is what it takes to get him back in office to be able to unfuck what potato has done.

Wishy-washy?  Yes.  Pragmatic to meet the electorate where it appears to be?  Also yes.  Either way it's an imperfect solution.
View Quote

How much cake are you willing to give up?

And there is no gaining back anything no matter who wins the elections. This train only goes one way and the bridge is washed out. You either get judged by your principles, or you get judged by your lack of them.
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top