[#1]
Do you own a dog house OP?
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 6:44:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 6:44:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Sebastian_MacMaine:
One day when I was like 8 on the way home from baseball practice, a group of older special needs people showed up at the Burger King we were eating at. One middle aged mentally challenged guy was walking past our booth as we were eating and he stops and the foot of our table and looks at my dad dead in the eye and says "HIIIIIIII".

Now, I'm utterly at a loss for words. My dad isn't exactly the most politely spoken man in the world and isn't above making fun of people for their shortcomings. I'm half scared, half curious how my dad is going to respond to him.

My dad is literally chewing on his Whopper when this happens. He puts it down and turns to the guy and with no emotion on his face says "HI" and waves to him. The mentally challenged man was super happy about that and got a little smile and walked away.

My dad picks his Whopper back up and takes a bite, no emotion, like nothing just happened. He takes a bite and then says to me, "Son, you always have to be nice to the retards", and goes back to finish his Whopper. He was 100% serious. I don't think I said anything for the next 10 minutes.

And that lesson has stuck with me ever since. Which is why I'm not going to make a comment about your post.

Edit: The originator has shown up on page 2.
View Quote

LuLz
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 6:48:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By thepantydropper:
...If anything, their mind would be geared at survival not truth...
View Quote

And if anything, your mind would be geared towards worship or salvation. What makes you think you have a handle on truth?
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 6:50:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By ajacobs:
Wait..religious people think god controls their thoughts?
View Quote

that's basically what I read there, yeah.

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 6:51:37 PM EDT
[#6]
So we allow trolls like this (don't forget about the "my atheist friend got mugged" thread), but then ban thorazine?
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 7:12:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Born agains are hilarious
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 7:16:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Typical atheist response.

Personal attacks but not response to the question at hand.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 7:19:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kingdead] [#9]
Typical atheist response.

Personal attacks but not response to the question at hand.
View Quote
If you are quoting me, I responded to you on page one. Your history of posting is trolling at best.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/-ARCHIVED-THREAD-Update-on-Atheist-ex-friend-who-was-beat-up/5-2691399/?

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 7:24:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KYLiberty] [#10]
Originally Posted By Rodent:
Natural selection is the opposite of "random".

And atheism is the opposite of religion. It has no belief in or worship of gods or anything supernatural.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Rodent:
Originally Posted By KYLiberty:

I would argue that atheism is actually a secular religion that believes in an extremely long series of extremely unlikely random events, but in which the extremely common random catastrophic events that should co-exist within such a system are for some reason not occurring. This requires a very large leap of faith, especially considering true random doesn't even exist. Some things are just too complicated for us to accurately predict, so we call them random, even though they actually are not. I'm not arguing that any religion is correct, but merely that atheism is actually a religion, and is probably not correct either.

No matter what you believe, you can never fully trust your thoughts, or anyone else's. We have a limited view of the world, our minds are influenced by many factors, and we have limited knowledge of those influences.
Natural selection is the opposite of "random".

And atheism is the opposite of religion. It has no belief in or worship of gods or anything supernatural.
I would argue that the belief in "true random" is the belief in something supernatural. Atheism isn't the opposite of religion. It's a secular religion that denies the existence of a deity. We don't even need to get into how the universe came to be. We can just look at origination and evolution of species since that's a lot simpler. If, in your beliefs, if "natural selection" isn't a modification of an organism from random errors in DNA replication, that allow that organism to outcompete others, please tell me what you consider it to be so we can discuss.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 7:28:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kingdead] [#11]
I would argue that the belief in "true random" is the belief in something supernatural. Atheism isn't the opposite of religion. It's a secular religion that denies the existence of a deity. We don't even need to get into how the universe came to be. We can just look at origination and evolution of species since that's a lot simpler. If, in your beliefs, "natural selection" isn't a modification of an organism from random errors in DNA replication, that allow that organism to outcompete others, please tell me what you consider it to be so we can discuss.
View Quote
Just like not playing baseball is a sport?

Most athiests are agnostics if you really questioned them. Thiests like to try to claim "athiests are really in the same boat as us, they just believe in a different supernatural being". That is a common tactic to try to make your side not seem so crazy. Agnostics and athiests DO NOT believe in any supernatural deity. They feel any claims about supernatural deities are not defensible or demonstrable. That's it. It is not a religion despite how much you say it is a religion.

What is a "secular religion"? Is that like a square hole? You can put any words you want together but that doesn't mean they have sensible meaning.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 7:32:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FMJshooter] [#12]
Computer code written by an author vs. random code that managed to filter out it's own bad bits of code without crashing the computer.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 7:37:19 PM EDT
[#13]
LOL at the idea that I "trust my own thoughts."

"I never learned anything from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 7:48:17 PM EDT
[#14]
I'll try to articulate my thoughts more clearly.

As a theist, I believe that God created me in his image, giving me purpose and meaning in life.

The atheist believes they are a cosmic accident. Here through a random evolutionary process that never had them in mind. If anything, their mind would be geared at survival not truth.

An ample analogy might be this. Imagine walking into a room and finding a computer. It has no designer and came to exist by random chance. Would you trust its output?

Yet the atheist trusts their own brain to formulate logical
conclusions? Why?

Regarding atoms, thoughts occur as a result of interactions of molecules, which are complex arrangements of atoms.

How can an atheist claim their brain fizz is "right" and an opposing brain fizz is "wrong?"

View Quote
People break down into two groups when they experience something lucky. Group number one sees it as more than luck, more than coincidence. They see it as a sign, evidence, that there is someone up there, watching out for them. Group number two sees it as just pure luck. A happy turn of chance. I'm sure the people in group number two are looking at a new thepantydropper thread in a very suspicious way. For them, this situation is a fifty-fifty. Could be bad, could be good. But deep down, they feel that whatever happens, they're on their own. And that... fills them with fear. Yeah, there are those people. But there's a whole lot of people in the group number one. When they see this thepantydropper thread, they're looking at a miracle. And deep down, they feel that, whatever's going to happen, there'll be someone there to help them. And that fills them with hope. See, what you have to ask yourself is what kind of person are you? Are you the kind that sees signs, sees miracles? Or do you believe that people just get lucky? Or, look at the question this way. Is it possible that there are no coincidences?

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 7:48:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By FMJshooter:
Computer code written by an author vs. random code that managed to filter out it's own bad bits of code without crashing the computer.
View Quote

I knew it was @floridaman! Lol
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 7:54:23 PM EDT
[#16]
If logic is merely atoms colliding inside of your brain (brain fizz), how can you trust that random collision of atoms is geared at any sort of truth?

It would seem that as an Atheist, you would be unable to trust your own thoughts.

I’ve used the google but found no good answer to this question.

What say the Atheists here?
View Quote

One doesn't have to be an atheist to realize your grasp of how the brain works is remarkably feeble.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 7:56:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KYLiberty] [#17]
Originally Posted By Kingdead:

Most athiests are agnostics if you really questioned them. Thiests like to try to claim "athiests are really in the same boat as us, they just believe in a different supernatural being". That is a common tactic to try to make your side not seem so crazy. Agnostics and athiests DO NOT believe in any supernatural deity. They feel any claims about supernatural deities are not defensible or demonstrable. That's it. It is not a religion despite how much you say it is a religion.

What is a "secular religion"? Is that like a square hole? You can put any words you want together but that doesn't mean they have sensible meaning.
View All Quotes
I would argue that the belief in "true random" is the belief in something supernatural. Atheism isn't the opposite of religion. It's a secular religion that denies the existence of a deity. We don't even need to get into how the universe came to be. We can just look at origination and evolution of species since that's a lot simpler. If, in your beliefs, "natural selection" isn't a modification of an organism from random errors in DNA replication, that allow that organism to outcompete others, please tell me what you consider it to be so we can discuss.

A secular religion is a communal belief system that often rejects or neglects the metaphysical aspects of the supernatural, commonly associated with traditional religion, instead placing typical religious qualities in earthly, or material, entities. Among systems that have been characterized as secular religions are liberalism, anarchism, communism, nazism, fascism, egoism, jacobinism, Juche, Maoism, Religion of Humanity, the cults of personality, the Cult of Reason and Cult of the Supreme Being.
No. Nothing like not playing baseball is a sport. Atheism requires a leap of faith to believe that everything that exists, or ever has existed, is just a random occurrence.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secular_religion

And before you go too far down the "your side" path, even though I was raised a protestant Christian, I'm a pantheist that believes that everything is energy, and believe in the relative unification of infinite realities.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 7:57:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By scotchymcdrinkerbean:

One doesn't have to be an atheist to realize your grasp of how the brain works is remarkably feeble.
View All Quotes
If logic is merely atoms colliding inside of your brain (brain fizz), how can you trust that random collision of atoms is geared at any sort of truth?

It would seem that as an Atheist, you would be unable to trust your own thoughts.

I've used the google but found no good answer to this question.

Brain fizzes like a shook coke can, when all them atoms and whatnot git all excited and start a'rammin' into each other!

That's how come I can know god is real and shit! Cuz of that got'damn brain fizz! Know what I mean, man?
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:00:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kingdead] [#19]

No. Nothing like not playing baseball is a sport. Atheism requires a leap of faith to believe that everything that exists, or ever has existed, is just a random occurrence.

And before you go too far down the "your side" path, even though I was raised a protestant Christian, I'm a pantheist that believes that everything is energy, and believe in the relative unification of infinite realities.
View Quote
Atheism or more correctly probably agnosticism requires no leap of faith. They claim that they don't know why the universe is the way it is. There isn't a defensible nor demonstrable explanation. By putting faith on them you are making the idea of faith more defensible. The very idea of faith makes no sense to them.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:08:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Atheism or more correctly probably agnosticism requires no leap of faith. They claim that they don't know why the universe is the way it is. There isn't a defensible nor demonstrable explanation. By putting faith on them you are making the idea of faith more defensible. The very idea of faith makes no sense to them.
View All Quotes

I'm not talking about agnosticism, or people that are agnostic but think the word for that is atheist. I'm talking about atheism, which from my point of view, is a secular religion. Agnostics refuse to take a leap of faith and admit they don't know. Atheists however, take a leap of faith that requires a suspension of scientific and mathematical knowledge, call it science, and claim that there is nothing beyond the physical and random chance given enough time.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:10:17 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm not talking about agnosticism, or people that are agnostic but think the word for that is atheist. I'm talking about atheism, which from my point of view, is a secular religion. Agnostics refuse to take a leap of faith and admit they don't know. Atheists however, take a leap of faith that requires a suspension of scientific and mathematical knowledge, call it science, and claim that there is nothing beyond the physical and random chance given enough time.
View Quote
I think the Blind Watchmaker makes more logical claims for atheism and evolution than it does for theism. I dont think OP is strictly attacking atheists, I'm assuming he's lumping in agnostics as  well.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:24:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By TGE:
Brain fizzes like a shook coke can, when all them atoms and whatnot git all excited and start a'rammin' into each other!

That's how come I can know god is real and shit! Cuz of that got'damn brain fizz! Know what I mean, man?
View All Quotes

Do atheist not believe our thoughts and emotions are just chemical reactions, AKA brain fizz?

Why not partake in the conversation with something of substance?
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:27:24 PM EDT
[#23]
I think the Blind Watchmaker makes more logical claims for atheism and evolution than it does for theism. I dont think OP is strictly attacking atheists, I'm assuming he's lumping in agnostics as  well.
View All Quotes
OP probably is. I however, am not. I am saying that I don't believe that any mainstream religion has it right, including atheism, which I see as a secular religion. As a mathematician and a scientist, I can very easily see the gigantic problem with evolution and the origin of species as currently taught, but can also see the problems in religious texts. I can also see the adaptation that is actually occurring, the development of layers of interdependent systems, and it truly fascinates me.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:31:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TGE] [#24]

Do atheist not believe our thoughts and emotions are just chemical reactions, AKA brain fizz?

View All Quotes

Lol sure. I apologize for not giving this discussion the respect it deserves

Here ya go - do you believe a god creates all your thoughts for you?  And you can trust your thoughts to be truth, because god put those thoughts in your brain?
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:37:30 PM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes

A secular religion is a communal belief system that often rejects or neglects the metaphysical aspects of the supernatural, commonly associated with traditional religion, instead placing typical religious qualities in earthly, or material, entities. Among systems that have been characterized as secular religions are liberalism, anarchism, communism, nazism, fascism, egoism, jacobinism, Juche, Maoism, Religion of Humanity, the cults of personality, the Cult of Reason and Cult of the Supreme Being.

It doesn't require a leap of faith. YOU require a leap of faith. You then project your limitations on everyone else.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:43:51 PM EDT
[#26]
OP probably is. I however, am not. I am saying that I don't believe that any mainstream religion has it right, including atheism, which I see as a secular religion. As a mathematician and a scientist, I can very easily see the gigantic problem with evolution and the origin of species as currently taught, but can also see the problems in religious texts. I can also see the adaptation that is actually occurring, the development of layers of interdependent systems, and it truly fascinates me.
View Quote
It is indeed very interesting and peculiar. Why have matter, space, and time instead of nothing?
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:46:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thepantydropper] [#27]

Here ya go - do you believe a god creates all your thoughts for you?  And you can trust your thoughts to be truth, because god put those thoughts in your brain?
View All Quotes

No, I don’t believe God created my thoughts.

I believe God is the designer. Therefore, he created the DNA instruction set that created me in the womb.

In my worldview, I can make sense of logic and truth.

In atheism you cannot, as far as I can tell. Still waiting for someone here to make a compelling argument.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:50:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By cedjunior:

It doesn't require a leap of faith. YOU require a leap of faith. You then project your limitations on everyone else.
View All Quotes

Doesn’t the problem of induction require faith that the future will be like the past?
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:59:23 PM EDT
[#29]

View All Quotes

The belief in true random requires either a leap of faith, or an ignorance of math and science. You really should have learned in school that true random doesn't exist, but a lot of education these days is more indoctrination than education, so I don't know if that is taught anymore since it's a big problem for the current ideology being pushed.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 9:02:25 PM EDT
[#30]

No, I don't believe God created my thoughts.

I believe God is the designer. Therefore, he created the DNA instruction set that created me in the womb.

In atheism you cannot, as far as I can tell. Still waiting for someone here to make a compelling argument.
View All Quotes

Cool.  Unfortunately if you aren't capable of processing any other theory or position, I'm forced to question how good of a job God did with your particular genes.  

Many people have adequately laid out counter arguments in this thread, but you don't seem to be able to grasp them.  Or you're just trolling with your brain atom collider theory lol
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 9:11:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thepantydropper] [#31]

Cool.  Unfortunately if you aren't capable of processing any other theory or position, I'm forced to question how good of a job God did with your particular genes.  

Many people have adequately laid out counter arguments in this thread, but you don't seem to be able to grasp them.  Or you're just trolling with your brain atom collider theory lol
View All Quotes

So you don’t think in a athiestic materialism worldview that emotions and logic are not just chemical reactions in the brain?

Where do your thoughts come from then?
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 9:14:59 PM EDT
[#32]
It is indeed very interesting and peculiar. Why have matter, space, and time instead of nothing?
View All Quotes
Yeah, I went from going to Sunday school and church every week, to an atheist, to a form of pantheist based on my own theory of how reality works after studying things like quantum physics simply because I had questions and found it interesting. I've also studied many religions and a lot of philosophy. Having really enjoyed microbiology, especially genetics and even considered a career in it, having been one of the computer prodigies that popped up in the 80's, and having decades of experience in systems engineering and architecture, I see intelligence, intent, and influence in life and the universe. The more math and science I look at, the more apparent it becomes to me. None of this should be able to exist if true random exists.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:04:20 PM EDT
[#33]

Doesn’t the problem of induction require faith that the future will be like the past?
View Quote

lol
the 'faith' that something that has been verified a million times will happen again
vs
the 'faith' that something that has never been verified once is absolutely true

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:10:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ThreadKiller] [#34]
Yes, your brain is just chemical reactions. Chemical reactions that have evolved over a billion years to ensure our survival like every other invertebrate. No scientists really dispute that, despite not completely understanding entirely how the human brain works. Our bodies are just a series of chemical reactions, life is a chemical reaction. Can you trust thoughts? Well, depends on the person I guess but considering our ancestors used their brains and thoughts to essentially conquer the planet and the environment, a sane intelligent person should be able to solve problems and trust their conclusions. Low IQ, emotionally driven people on the other hand, probably shouldn't trust their thoughts as they usually get them in trouble.

That alone does not disprove or prove the existence of a god though. As an atheist myself, I don't really worry much about proving the non-existence of a god. Rather, I can't see any particular good reason to believe in one.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:13:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By kzin:

lol
the 'faith' that something that has been verified a million times will happen again
vs

View All Quotes

lol
vs

Science presupposes logic, math, and induction.

You can keep writing lol, but the problem of induction is a real issue that great atheistic philosophers have struggled with.

I can tell you they didn’t respond with lol as an opening.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:14:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By ThreadKiller:
Yes, your brain is just chemical reactions. Chemical reactions that have evolved over a billion years to ensure our survival like every other invertebrate. No scientists really dispute that, despite not completely understanding entirely how the human brain works. Our bodies are just a series of chemical reactions, life is a chemical reaction. Can you trust thoughts? Well, depends on the person I guess but considering our ancestors used their brains and thoughts to essentially conquer the planet and the environment, a sane intelligent person should be able to solve problems and trust their conclusions. Low IQ, emotionally driven people on the other hand, probably shouldn't trust their thoughts as they usually get them in trouble.

That alone does not disprove or prove the existence of a god though. As an atheist myself, I don't really worry much about proving the non-existence of a god. Rather, I can't see any particular good reason to believe in one.
View Quote

So if you have a wife and kids, you don’t actually love them. The chemicals in your brain just fizz a certain way towards them, correct?
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:16:46 PM EDT
[#37]
One day when I was like 8 on the way home from baseball practice, a group of older special needs people showed up at the Burger King we were eating at. One middle aged mentally challenged guy was walking past our booth as we were eating and he stops and the foot of our table and looks at my dad dead in the eye and says "HIIIIIIII".

Now, I'm utterly at a loss for words. My dad isn't exactly the most politely spoken man in the world and isn't above making fun of people for their shortcomings. I'm half scared, half curious how my dad is going to respond to him.

My dad is literally chewing on his Whopper when this happens. He puts it down and turns to the guy and with no emotion on his face says "HI" and waves to him. The mentally challenged man was super happy about that and got a little smile and walked away.

My dad picks his Whopper back up and takes a bite, no emotion, like nothing just happened. He takes a bite and then says to me, "Son, you always have to be nice to the retards", and goes back to finish his Whopper. He was 100% serious. I don't think I said anything for the next 10 minutes.

And that lesson has stuck with me ever since. Which is why I'm not going to make a comment about your post.

View Quote

I was going to write something. Then I read this.
It’s the perfect response.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:28:24 PM EDT
[#38]

You can keep writing lol, but the problem of induction is a real issue that great atheistic philosophers have struggled with.

I can tell you they didn’t respond with lol as an opening.
View Quote

they did when somebody misused the issue in a comical way.

It's a valid issue but an impractical ivory tower one.
We can't gain absolute perfect knowledge from induction.
In the real world we bet our lives constantly on knowledge gained from induction.

Equating the faith necessary to believe if i jump I'll come down vs the faith that if I die I'll meet Jesus is comical.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:29:31 PM EDT
[#39]

I can tell you they didn't respond with lol as an opening.
View All Quotes

Doesn't the problem of induction require faith that the future will be like the past?

lol
vs

I can tell you they didn't respond with lol as an opening.
Sure, but were they debating some guy called "thepantydropper" about the origins of atom-collision brain fizz?
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:30:32 PM EDT
[#40]

So if you have a wife and kids, you don’t actually love them. The chemicals in your brain just fizz a certain way towards them, correct?
View Quote

Love is a chemical reaction. The desire to protect your family is rooted from an instinctual need to ensure your genes survive to the next generation.

Are you saying because your thoughts are a chemical reaction that they are not "real"? I don't see any reason to believe that.

But again, none of this proves the existence of a creator one way or the other.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:34:40 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

plot twist: he was quiet for 10 minutes because it finally hit him why everyone was so nice
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:38:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Yeah, I went from going to Sunday school and church every week, to an atheist, to a form of pantheist based on my own theory of how reality works after studying things like quantum physics simply because I had questions and found it interesting. I've also studied many religions and a lot of philosophy. Having really enjoyed microbiology, especially genetics and even considered a career in it, having been one of the computer prodigies that popped up in the 80's, and having decades of experience in systems engineering and architecture, I see intelligence, intent, and influence in life and the universe. The more math and science I look at, the more apparent it becomes to me. None of this should be able to exist if true random exists.
View All Quotes

If Einstein and Hawking had a baby.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:39:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kill-9] [#43]
Originally Posted By Phiers:

This is gold. Pure gold.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Phiers:

This is gold. Pure gold.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 11:42:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By migradog:

How come we've never seen monkeys praying?
View Quote

Go to any house of worship and open your eyes.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 12:51:36 AM EDT
[#45]
I'll just ask a simple question of any atheist that feels he might want to answer...how do you know there is no God?
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 1:08:13 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By TomMcC:
I'll just ask a simple question of any atheist that feels he might want to answer...how do you know there is no God?
View Quote
If you have never seen something and nobody can show you that something, wouldn't most say they generally don't believe in it?

Do you feel strongly there are only 2 genders? What if I said there are more genders, but I can't show you any of those other genders. You can only read about those genders in this book I have. How could you say there aren't more than 2 genders?
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 1:14:33 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By TomMcC:
View Quote

How do you know Thor isn't real? Or Zeus? Or Shiva?

Same way...

While I cannot prove without a doubt that Zeus is not real, the obvious answer is there isn't any good reason to believe in Zeus anymore. Would you agree? The world is not some mystical place where natural phenomenon aren't understood anymore. Same can be said about the ancient religions from the Middle East. Made up by men who knew next to nothing about the Universe or the world they lived in. Perhaps there is some wisdom in what they wrote, but knowledge? Not much.

And just because a billion people believe something, doesn't make it true. Lots of other examples of that.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 1:14:47 AM EDT
[#48]

View Quote

That is easily one of the most profound and simple life lessons I have read on the interwebs.  Thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 1:16:40 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By spyk3:

User name fits..
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By spyk3:

I’ve used the google but found no good answer to this question.

User name fits..

Remember, he is the devout Christian seeking for a pure woman with Christian values to be his wife.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 1:19:24 AM EDT
[#50]
If you have never seen something and nobody can show you that something, wouldn't most say they generally don't believe in it?

Do you feel strongly there are only 2 genders? What if I said there are more genders, but I can't show you any of those other genders. You can only read about those genders in this book I have. How could you say there aren't more than 2 genders?
View Quote
Ok, then I will ask...have you seen everything that can be seen? And can something exist that we can't see?
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top