Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 456
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 3:41:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

That's a great point. Asymmetric attacks are critical. Protecting sensitive industrial facilities from drone attacks needs to be a thing. We need to see some of those anti-drone EW guns available on Amazon for public use, even if you have to get a FCC or FAA license to operate them.
View Quote

You can buy them now. Need to know the frequencies and build accordingly.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 3:42:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By absael:
Burn, baby, burn.

It said "commuter train," but I trust that Ukraine is not deliberately targeting civilians.
View Quote
from the looks of the videos I saw on telegram/twitter, it looked a rail yard and the fire broke out just before sundown.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 3:43:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 3:44:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Capta:

Agreed on most of that.
It’s hard to say what Harris’ policy on Russia/Iran/China/Ukraine would be.  I think it’s fair to say her Ukraine/Russia policy would continue to be similar to Biden’s, which has a Democratic and Republican consensus behind it, and which has been not great but not terrible.  It’s certainly been adequate to stalemating the war and may be moving in a more positive direction as no one much believes Russian shrieking anymore.
Iran seems likely to be a major problem unless Israel establishes some facts on the ground while the Biden administration is basically paralyzed.  IMO the Israelis have 2-4 months to make a play that Harris can’t stop.
China, plenty of dirt in both Democrat and Republican closets there.  I think really pivoting to China will break a lot of, well, china in both parties and will not be so easy unless China makes a move soon.
I don’t accept any longer either side’s ad-hominem memes about the other side.  One of them is “Harris is so stupid that even the Biden white house pigeonholed her where she couldn’t do any damage.”  And that may be true, but it’s also clear that the Biden team had plenty of reasons to isolate the President from non-team members.  I would have to do some reading and see some current policy proposals, or see who she was looking at for foreign policy advisors.
View Quote

I think it is fair to say you are grasping at straws trying to lean toward Harris because you can't stand Trump.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 3:44:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
Thanks for the news updates guys, sorry I am unable to contribute like I did.  Suddenly got really busy the past few days.  A project I was supposed to work on in June was delayed  and looks like I am doing it now.
View Quote

Those bastards! I have been busy too. Looks like I got approved for VA care, including hearing aids. She said something about disability, but I was happy to get the hearing aids approved, and wasn't paying attention.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 3:52:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Saltwater-Hillbilly:

I would as well, as in better times than these, those two would be ideal presidential material.  Unfortunately, we do not live in those "better times".  IF we wish to be recover as a Nation, we need some SoBs who are willing to do the needful, which involves a serious enema to the entire FedGov and restoring accountability, as well as some really hard decisions.  As stated earlier, the next President will be a wartime President; that cake has already been baked and is just waiting for the frosting. We can also expect, at best, a major Economic Recession as a best-case scenario going forward, with potentially a LOT worse coming down the pike.  Budget deficits combined with the necessary increase in Defense spending will require both a serious haircut to benefits AND the liquidation of entire departments within the government.  Then there is the matter of mobilizing a nation that has essentially demoralized itself over decades to both fight and fix a mountain of existential problems that have been allowed to fester. On top of that, this will also require massive reform of the defense procurement system as well as rebuilding domestic productive capability and the logistic infrastructure to support it for a war whose first battles are already being fought in Ukraine and the Levant, with the Philippines and potentially Taiwan fixing to go hot as well.  In short, the next President has to be willing to come out swinging BEFORE Day 1 and have vision and an iron will.  While we WANT intelligent people who are relatable policy wonks that understand 2nd- and 3rd-order effects (of which both Rubio and Cruz are prime examples), we NEED a couple of Sons of Bitches who are driven by will and are not put off by the massive amounts of Scheiß that is going to be flying into the rotational single-stage ventilation system (which describes both Trump and Vance).  Otherwise, we are stuck in a spiral of "half-rude" foreign policy notable for folding like an accordion in the face of adversarial opposition and an increasing level of domestic repression as we skate toward complete moral, political, and economic collapse.  Oh Well...
View Quote

Desperate clinging to hopes peace will prevail in the next 4 years and notions of gaining deterrence likely mean we’re going to have reactive leadership going forward.
I anticipate whoever is CinC will discover this axis is playing for keeps and won’t roll over
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 3:52:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Frontiercowboy:

That proves my point. It was his undersecretary of state Vicky nuland and Hillary Clinton that pushed the orange revolution because they damn well knew the Russians would occupy Crimea and the East. The knew the Russian invasion would happen and didn’t prepare because they wanted this mess to go the way it has. They wanted Russia to overreach which they did and then leverage the Ukrainian men into the meat grinder in the East to take down Russia so they can loot it and use the earnings there to oppress us in the United States. The American people and Ukrainian people have the same enemies. We are fighting one Russia but the second one the global communists we are pretending they are our friends. They, Obama, Susan Rice, Hillary, Victoria Nuland, Joe Biden, etc, etc who are benefiting from this are the second and most dangerous enemy.
View Quote

The DOS and the CIA had nothing to do with Ukraine removing a russian puppet. You post some of the dumbest shit I have read in one of these threads. You have earned this ignore.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 4:00:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By 9mmstephen:

I think it is fair to say you are grasping at straws trying to lean toward Harris because you can't stand Trump.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Agreed on most of that.
It’s hard to say what Harris’ policy on Russia/Iran/China/Ukraine would be.  I think it’s fair to say her Ukraine/Russia policy would continue to be similar to Biden’s, which has a Democratic and Republican consensus behind it, and which has been not great but not terrible.  It’s certainly been adequate to stalemating the war and may be moving in a more positive direction as no one much believes Russian shrieking anymore.
Iran seems likely to be a major problem unless Israel establishes some facts on the ground while the Biden administration is basically paralyzed.  IMO the Israelis have 2-4 months to make a play that Harris can’t stop.
China, plenty of dirt in both Democrat and Republican closets there.  I think really pivoting to China will break a lot of, well, china in both parties and will not be so easy unless China makes a move soon.
I don’t accept any longer either side’s ad-hominem memes about the other side.  One of them is “Harris is so stupid that even the Biden white house pigeonholed her where she couldn’t do any damage.”  And that may be true, but it’s also clear that the Biden team had plenty of reasons to isolate the President from non-team members.  I would have to do some reading and see some current policy proposals, or see who she was looking at for foreign policy advisors.

No, I’m looking at the direction polls are going along with some of the typical economic metrics, both of which have edge - Harris.  For now.  There are still factors that can tilt that either way, but the most likely major ones are negative for Trump.
Two months ago I considered a Trump win all but certain with Biden dropping out and the failed assassination attempt.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 4:01:05 PM EDT
[#9]
One Ukrainian drone unit taking out Russian surveillance drones.

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 4:01:20 PM EDT
[#10]
WATCH: Defense Secretary Austin gives remarks on Ukraine aid at meeting of allies in Germany
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 4:01:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

It's FANTASTIC advice in general to avoid beautiful American women in general, spy or no spy. Best outcome is you end up totting a sexual assault charge. "yes meant no" Worst case you get married and end up spending all your money on her, paying off her loans, and cleaning up her filthy messes. And her damn dogs and horses. Being turned into a spy lol I wish.

Yes, itchy married a red headed nurse who owns a horse
View Quote

You sir, are a true retard. If she does ob-gyn, you have hit all the bases.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 4:03:39 PM EDT
[#12]

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1831959089464889421.html

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 4:05:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
View Quote

That will show them!
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 4:09:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Can everyone please stop quoting some flyby from 3 pages ago. @AlmightyTallest leaves for a day and this place goes to shit
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 4:10:39 PM EDT
[#15]

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 4:12:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By CarmelBytheSea:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hgz6R_QPXFk
View Quote
such a pussy
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 4:14:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HIPPO] [#17]
videos of RU soldiers destroying their phones. Some of them at least.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 4:17:44 PM EDT
[#18]

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 4:18:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 4:22:26 PM EDT
[#20]
From 3 UAVs in the direction of Crimea.
https://t.me/radarrussiia/11046

Crimea - attention to UAVs from 23:40.
https://t.me/radarrussiia/11047

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 4:26:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#21]
Pretty sure Hippo posted this already, but here's some more.

Videos

https://t.me/chpmoscow1/51975

https://t.me/chpmoscow1/51981

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 4:28:32 PM EDT
[#22]

Brussels is a disaster, full of lefty bureaucrats, authoritarians, and crooks. But Moscow makes them look like quire boys. Don't punish the good people of Ukraine for wanting to distance themselves from Russia even if assholes in Brussels are their only other option.
View Quote

The EU is definitely the clean end of the turd.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 4:34:36 PM EDT
[#23]
This has actually been going on for about four hours now.

1629ET
1 moped in Kirovograd region, heading west

4 mopeds through Bashtansky district of Nikolaev region, heading northwest

3 mopeds at the intersection of Sumy and Kharkiv regions, heading towards Poltava region

1 moped at the intersection of Chernihiv, Cherkasy, Kyiv and Poltava regions, heading south

1 moped at the intersection of Sumy and Poltava regions, heading west

3 mopeds in the Nizhyn area

5 mopeds in the Shostka area

2 mopeds in Sumy region, heading southeast for now

https://t.me/vanek_nikolaev/26551

1632ET
🛵 Shahed in Kyiv region, Yagotyn vector.

In Chernihiv region, Shahedi in the suburb of Nizhina, vector Kyiv region.

From Sumy region to Shaheda to Chernihiv region via Konotop and to Poltava region via Okhtyrka.

From the south, a group of Shaheds through Mykolaiv Oblast in the direction of Kirovohrad Oblast.

https://t.me/operinform/27131

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 4:35:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By jwnc:

Nope.  Just getting ahead of the curve.  If China invades Taiwan, Japan would have to go nuclear as the only alternative to China looking at them next.  

Technically, the Tomahawks aren't nukes anymore, but they could be again if required.  In any case, if Japan builds their own nukes, they would now have instant delivery systems if they fit into Tomahawk warheads.
View Quote

They have rockets for their space program, wink wink.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 4:36:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 4:36:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 4:36:44 PM EDT
[#27]
The European Commission will allocate 300 million euros to France from proceeds from frozen Russian assets to purchase weapons for Ukraine

France, along with other EU members, will participate in the use of 1.4 billion euros from frozen Russian assets to support Ukraine, the country's Armed Forces Ministry reports.

It is noted that thanks to this financing, the French industry will be able to quickly acquire the most important weapons for Ukraine, in particular ammunition, artillery and air defense

https://t.me/uniannet/144334

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 4:38:40 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

And he shouldn't give himself (or us) an ulcer over it. He should just vote Kamala, despite her standing for everything he despises (ostensibly), because maybe, possibly the status quo in Ukraine will stay.

And I can imagine the moaning and groaning if Kamala gets in and out of ideology (long time commie) or practicality (corrupt as hell) she stops or cuts aid to Ukraine AND destroys America.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 4:41:57 PM EDT
[#29]

As a treaty bound US ally, Japan has the US nuclear umbrella. Anybody that nuked Japan would get a taste of it right back courtesy of the US Navy. Delivered hot in less than 30 minutes or the next one is free.

Nobody nukes Japan and gets away with it but us.
View Quote

I bet you have never owned a mushroom cloud T shirt that said made in America, tested in Japan.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 4:44:02 PM EDT
[#30]

So what about the large amount of Russian-source commentary (going back more than a year) saying they’re betting everything on Trump’s election?
View Quote

Wait, now we trust Russian sources!? itchy rushes to find RT on cable...And Putin just said he supports Kamala over Trump...It's very confusing basing my beliefs based on public pronouncements from Russian sources.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 4:45:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:

View All Quotes

Nope.  Just getting ahead of the curve.  If China invades Taiwan, Japan would have to go nuclear as the only alternative to China looking at them next.  

Technically, the Tomahawks aren't nukes anymore, but they could be again if required.  In any case, if Japan builds their own nukes, they would now have instant delivery systems if they fit into Tomahawk warheads.

Rockets based off russian/Soviet ICBMs iirc.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 4:51:29 PM EDT
[#32]

I know, common sense is not one of this administrations strong suits.
View All Quotes
Meanwhile, our super-credentialed State Department is BEGINNING to wonder if Hamas wants to actually make a deal: State Department Begins to Wonder...

The level of thick-headedness in this maladministration is astounding!  How deep in the bubble do you have to be to finally figure this out nearly a year into a conflict!

I know, common sense is not one of this administrations strong suits.

It's not just the Administration. It's the professional staff at Foggy Bottom. State is a large institution with an extraordinary amount of bias and hubris built into it. They know so many things that are not so.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 4:52:08 PM EDT
[#33]

You are here to flex your TDS? Trump owes you money doesn't he. Just admit it.
View All Quotes
And AfD is a German political party, right?
I also posted sources confirming that Trump in fact did not pay back the loans.

You are here to flex your TDS? Trump owes you money doesn't he. Just admit it.

Children, you're both beautiful. Now stop it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 4:52:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Dracster:

They've already thrown their hat in with the West. By the time this rolls out, their MiGs and SUs will be total clapped out trash, and they'll be flying F16s. Why not just license build something like the Mica, Meteor, or AMRAAM?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dracster:

The USA, together with Ukraine and with the participation of European companies, is working on the development and production of a replacement for the S-300 air defense system and the R-27 air-to-air missile, Lloyd Austin's statement at Ramstein

They've already thrown their hat in with the West. By the time this rolls out, their MiGs and SUs will be total clapped out trash, and they'll be flying F16s. Why not just license build something like the Mica, Meteor, or AMRAAM?

It will take a longer timeframe to set that up with Western missile and Sam production, but it will eventually happen.  Working with what the Ukrainians have now with a quicker solution for missile and systems gets them in the fight now.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 4:56:12 PM EDT
[#35]

Well, sort of.

The specific chip that they are showing is a SAW (no, not that kind of SAW, Surface Acoustical Wave).  It is made out of esoteric material, not silicon like the CPU's in phones.  The ad is ... misleading.

They are making very specific chips with very old technology compared to DRAM and CPUs and GPUs, almost all dedicated to military apps like radar and radios.  It is an insignificant amount of production compared to TSMC or other fabs, but it is very militarily sensitive so it is only made in the US.  However, it is leading edge for what it is.
View All Quotes
Alot of this is over my head, but those into microchip production might apprecieate seeing some of the stuff made in the U.S.A. in Linthicum Maryland.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GWt36tTXgAAHsyJ?format=jpg&name=small

https://www.northropgrumman.com/what-we-do/microelectronics-advanced-technology-lab

Very specific uses and limited production

Not a new thing, just a more recent iteration

Correct, just showcases that we have an ability make our own chips for our own military equipment here in the U.S.

Well, sort of.

The specific chip that they are showing is a SAW (no, not that kind of SAW, Surface Acoustical Wave).  It is made out of esoteric material, not silicon like the CPU's in phones.  The ad is ... misleading.

They are making very specific chips with very old technology compared to DRAM and CPUs and GPUs, almost all dedicated to military apps like radar and radios.  It is an insignificant amount of production compared to TSMC or other fabs, but it is very militarily sensitive so it is only made in the US.  However, it is leading edge for what it is.

Thanks for this info, I figured someone would be able to clarify the technology.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 4:58:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Prime:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GWymQexXoAAEpKA?format=jpg&name=large

View All Quotes

My question is, how long until we see a fixed-wing anti-shahed drone?  Bonus points for making it look like an ME-109.
There’s no technical obsacle to this, and it might end up being the long-term counter to Shaheds.
The toughest thing is putting together a non-jet design with the performance to tail-chase a Shahed.@ 115MPH.  You’d probably want at least a 25MPH (if not 50MPH) advantage so chases weren’t interminable.  So, 150+MPH, piston engine, and carries a 1-2KG frag warhead. The 150mph speed IMO is not an easy spec with any range or payload on a small piston engine.
This would also be an ideal anti-helo DRONESAM.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 5:03:13 PM EDT
[#37]

Go Japan.

This short video is from 11 years ago.  It shows an F-35 automatically picking up enemy fire AA, rockets and artillery guns and classifying and locating targets for quick destruction by other units, or the F-35 itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHZO0T5mDYU
View Quote

This is just me, and maybe I'm weird. Seems to me there is risk in becoming dependent on a single platform/system. When that system has a weakness revealed, suddenly the whole network is diminished because there are no alternate systems to use. I get it, F35 is great. But let's use our imagination and say that somehow a Chinese-controlled mole put a software defect into the system that nobody caught. Now the only fighters that can fly effectively are the F22s. All 180 or so of them.

I realize I'm an outsider, uninformed, clueless person, but diversity actually is a strength when it comes to a lot of things - genetics, investment portfolios, etc. Seems to me the old days when we had F18s, F16s, F15s, and F14s gave us a bit more security. Putting all your eggs in one basket was never a smart move, but here we are. One gun tube manufacturing plant. One missile seeker plant. One fighter platform. This isn't a strength.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 5:05:20 PM EDT
[#38]

Those bastards! I have been busy too. Looks like I got approved for VA care, including hearing aids. She said something about disability, but I was happy to get the hearing aids approved, and wasn't paying attention.
View All Quotes
Thanks for the news updates guys, sorry I am unable to contribute like I did.  Suddenly got really busy the past few days.  A project I was supposed to work on in June was delayed  and looks like I am doing it now.

lol, congratulations on the VA care, that certainly helps.  You will like being able to hear crickets again at night.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 5:06:42 PM EDT
[#39]

Wait, now we trust Russian sources!? itchy rushes to find RT on cable...And Putin just said he supports Kamala over Trump...It's very confusing basing my beliefs based on public pronouncements from Russian sources.
View All Quotes

So what about the large amount of Russian-source commentary (going back more than a year) saying they’re betting everything on Trump’s election?

Russian sources have frequently said a Trump win will be a net positive for them.
Trump and Trump-orbit people have made statements and taken positions that lend credence to this idea.
I’m not sure how that is contentious.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 5:07:08 PM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes

Man that is wild and awesome geolocated work.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 5:11:54 PM EDT
[#41]

Desperate clinging to hopes peace will prevail in the next 4 years and notions of gaining deterrence likely mean we’re going to have reactive leadership going forward.
I anticipate whoever is CinC will discover this axis is playing for keeps and won’t roll over
View All Quotes

I would as well, as in better times than these, those two would be ideal presidential material.  Unfortunately, we do not live in those "better times".  IF we wish to be recover as a Nation, we need some SoBs who are willing to do the needful, which involves a serious enema to the entire FedGov and restoring accountability, as well as some really hard decisions.  As stated earlier, the next President will be a wartime President; that cake has already been baked and is just waiting for the frosting. We can also expect, at best, a major Economic Recession as a best-case scenario going forward, with potentially a LOT worse coming down the pike.  Budget deficits combined with the necessary increase in Defense spending will require both a serious haircut to benefits AND the liquidation of entire departments within the government.  Then there is the matter of mobilizing a nation that has essentially demoralized itself over decades to both fight and fix a mountain of existential problems that have been allowed to fester. On top of that, this will also require massive reform of the defense procurement system as well as rebuilding domestic productive capability and the logistic infrastructure to support it for a war whose first battles are already being fought in Ukraine and the Levant, with the Philippines and potentially Taiwan fixing to go hot as well.  In short, the next President has to be willing to come out swinging BEFORE Day 1 and have vision and an iron will.  While we WANT intelligent people who are relatable policy wonks that understand 2nd- and 3rd-order effects (of which both Rubio and Cruz are prime examples), we NEED a couple of Sons of Bitches who are driven by will and are not put off by the massive amounts of Scheiß that is going to be flying into the rotational single-stage ventilation system (which describes both Trump and Vance).  Otherwise, we are stuck in a spiral of "half-rude" foreign policy notable for folding like an accordion in the face of adversarial opposition and an increasing level of domestic repression as we skate toward complete moral, political, and economic collapse.  Oh Well...

Concur.  Most of America was in "we won't be fooled again and dragged into yet another Foreign War" mode right up until the Afternoon of 7 December 1941 (just before 8 AM Hawaii time; 8 December in the Philippines...)
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 5:17:19 PM EDT
[#42]

This is just me, and maybe I'm weird. Seems to me there is risk in becoming dependent on a single platform/system. When that system has a weakness revealed, suddenly the whole network is diminished because there are no alternate systems to use. I get it, F35 is great. But let's use our imagination and say that somehow a Chinese-controlled mole put a software defect into the system that nobody caught. Now the only fighters that can fly effectively are the F22s. All 180 or so of them.

I realize I'm an outsider, uninformed, clueless person, but diversity actually is a strength when it comes to a lot of things - genetics, investment portfolios, etc. Seems to me the old days when we had F18s, F16s, F15s, and F14s gave us a bit more security. Putting all your eggs in one basket was never a smart move, but here we are. One gun tube manufacturing plant. One missile seeker plant. One fighter platform. This isn't a strength.
View All Quotes

Go Japan.

This short video is from 11 years ago.  It shows an F-35 automatically picking up enemy fire AA, rockets and artillery guns and classifying and locating targets for quick destruction by other units, or the F-35 itself.

For aircraft it’s been the direction of cost/capability escalation spiral for 75 years.  In the 50s and 60s we might’ve had half a dozen 2nd generation fighter types in service simultaneously.  The cost of that would be totally prohibitive today.
One next-gen type makes sense, get rid of all the duplicative maintenance and supply chains, focus on maintaining as few types as possible as well as possible.  As long as that type can do what you need it to do.  The B-21 and F-35 (plus drone wingmen) probably cover most to all our bases for PvP warfare, especially with us popping out F-35s like Pez.
There may not be another manned fighter project.  Certainly not many.  F-35s might even live to be converted to fully autonomous killing machines before the end of their lifespans.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 5:27:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#43]

View All Quotes

Go Japan.

It is a good thing that F-35's aren't the only thing we make then.

They are making new F-15's, new F-16's.  F-18's are workhorses for the Navy as well.  And when the new 6th gen stuff comes online, the F-35 will be like the F-16 is today a stealthy work horse.  But the F-35 is such a leap over any other aircraft at a price that is hard to ignore other countries  go with it when they see what it offers vs. the competition.

And we are mass producing them.  I thought that is what people wanted, lots of stealthy planes to destroy the enemies most advanced SAM sites and war production quickly and efficiently   Then it is safer for the non stealthy aircraft to perform their missions.

What if we know the Chinese stealth aircraft vulnerabilities and can hack their system?  

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 5:38:15 PM EDT
[#44]

lol, congratulations on the VA care, that certainly helps.  You will like being able to hear crickets again at night.
View Quote

It will ruin my not hearing the wife excuse.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 5:39:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Daily Ukraine map thread for Friday 6th September 2024

Highlights: Russian forces advance north of Krasnohorivka, raising their flag. It is very likely that Ukraine have withdrawn (in good order) from the Nevelske area that has held so well for years. We've marked on pic 2 where we think they've withdrawn from, but will wait for geolocations or more information before adjusting.

Russian forces near Pischane near Kupiansk continue to push towards the Oskil, being geolocated about 6 km from the river.

Russian forces geolocated advancing near Klishchiivka south of Bakhmut

12th Azov Brigade arrived as reinforcements to the Toretsk and Niu-York area recently, and were finally geolocated there so we have moved their unit card

Small Ukrainian advance in Kursk to Naydenov

Map: https://uacontrolmap.com

View Quote

View Quote
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 5:47:41 PM EDT
[#46]

It will ruin my not hearing the wife excuse.
View Quote

My dad was on an aircraft carrier as a mechanic in the 70s and in steel mills until about 5 years ago. Hearing was shit. He finally got hearing aids through the VA and they made a big difference at first. Biggest problem was him pairing them to his phone. Last 2 or so years I've been hearing "huh?" Alot more. Part of it I think is partially like a habit/reflex but I've noticed his tv has gotten louder haha. Be patient with them getting calibrated and changing filters and such. It took him some getting used to but they help. Hope they make a difference for you man
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 5:52:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By stone-age:
What youtube (or other) channels to you guys like for frequent Ukraine updates? I like to be able to listen and watch while I'm working.
Thanks.
View Quote

Check out my page one posts.  I have one for “greatest hits” videos and one for reference links.  Lots of good stuff there.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 5:54:58 PM EDT
[#48]

For aircraft it’s been the direction of cost/capability escalation spiral for 75 years.  In the 50s and 60s we might’ve had half a dozen 2nd generation fighter types in service simultaneously.  The cost of that would be totally prohibitive today.
One next-gen type makes sense, get rid of all the duplicative maintenance and supply chains, focus on maintaining as few types as possible as well as possible.  As long as that type can do what you need it to do.  The B-21 and F-35 (plus drone wingmen) probably cover most to all our bases for PvP warfare, especially with us popping out F-35s like Pez.
There may not be another manned fighter project.  Certainly not many.  F-35s might even live to be converted to fully autonomous killing machines before the end of their lifespans.
View Quote

F-35 is too short ranged and slow. What they need is F-35 avionics, adaptive cycle engines shared with F-35, and a larger and more stealthy airframe that holds two engines and doubles range.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 5:55:28 PM EDT
[#49]
China is asshole

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 5:56:13 PM EDT
[#50]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GWygJJwW8AAzj9X?format=png&name=900x900
View All Quotes

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GWygJJwW8AAzj9X?format=png&name=900x900

By the way, Ukrainian citizens returning from European countries to the liberated territories confirm the intensification of recruitment efforts for the Ukrainian Armed Forces in Poland and the Czech Republic.
Bold added. This tweet is from Russian perspective, so it means that some Ukrainians who were refugees in Europe are going back to Russian-occupied parts of Ukraine. Clearly, some Ukrainians were okay with Russia being in power, but they were never a majority.
Page / 456
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top