Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 3:59:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Glocked:
That is why these types of countries should be bombed and then made into the American islands. We’re a first world super power, we should act like it.

It’s against our best interest to have retards living so close to our nation’s borders.
View Quote

Go ask the British how that worked out, all those former/present colonies trash now live in the UK.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 4:27:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By UV18:
I am curious what country I can carry ammo on a carry on. I will wait for the OP to respond.
View Quote

You haven’t yet realized that people who prefer to stay in the basement love to comment on travel threads in GD?
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 4:38:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Personally, I would not go to one of those shit hole countries, you are really asking for it. Personally for me, there is plenty to see and do right here in the good ole USA. Love the slogan, "See the USA in your Chevrolet," remember Chevrolet used to be the sponsor of Bonanza?
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 4:38:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By warlord:
Personally, I would not go to one of those shit hole countries, you are really asking for it. Personally for me, there is plenty to see and do right here in the good ole USA. Love the slogan, "See the USA in your Chevrolet," remember Chevrolet used to be the sponsor of Bonanza?
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/24/2024 4:47:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Ambridge77:

Bribes were a way of life in West Africa.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ambridge77:
Originally Posted By Beretta_Jerry:
Didn't have enough bribe money or refused to accept their request for a bribe.

Eta: not denying shithole status

Bribes were a way of life in West Africa.

Same in Maputo Mozambique or SA. "He wants a coke."
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 4:58:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WTF54] [#6]
Not canceling my vacation in the Turks in September, thanks for the fear mongering though.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 5:03:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DDiggler] [#7]
Originally Posted By WTF54:
Not canceling my vacation in the Turks in September, thanks for the fear mongering though.
View Quote

Make sure you pack plenty of munitions in your luggage so you can be outraged because they aren't impressed with your 'Muricanism.

Link Posted: 4/24/2024 5:04:17 PM EDT
[#8]
BRB, cancelling my trip to Japan if I can’t bring a firearm with me.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 5:06:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By bodybagger:
Plain and simple. If you can't carry a gun and ammo there, it's a shithole country. I don't care how pretty the beach is or how nice the hotel is. But if you gotta go check your luggage carefully.

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/turks-and-caicos-ammo-prison-sentence-american-tourists/

American tourist facing possible 12 year prison sentence after ammo found in luggage in Turks and Caicos
Valerie Watson returned to Oklahoma City's Will Rogers World Airport in tears on Tuesday morning in a drastic departure from how she imagined her long weekend trip to Turks and Caicos would end.

Watson is home, but her husband, Ryan Watson, is in jail on the island and facing a potential mandatory minimum sentence of 12 years behind bars after airport security allegedly found four rounds of hunting ammo in his carry-on bag earlier this month.

Last year, a judge found Michael Grim from Indiana had "exceptional circumstances" when he pleaded guilty to accidentally having ammunition in his checked bag. He served almost six months in prison.

"No clean running water. You're kind of exposed to the environment 24/7," he told CBS News. "Mosquitoes and tropical illnesses are a real concern. There's some hostile actors in the prison."

The judge was hoping to send a message to other Americans.

"[His] sentencing was completely predicated on the fact that I was an American," Grim said.
View Quote

Drop a hellfire or JDAM on the judge's house.  Sometimes it really is better to be loved than feared.  You want to stereotype us or discriminate based on our nationality?  Fine, sometimes we'll live up to the worst of stereotypes, and you won't like it, asshole.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 5:34:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ARDunstan] [#10]
Originally Posted By DDiggler:

^^ American arrogance on display... and exactly why so many people around the world detest American tourists.

If you're dumb enough to not understand that a single round of ammo will cause you insane amounts of hassle and pain in most countries' airports (including within the USA in carry-on baggage), you're better off staying home. And driving everywhere you want to go.
View Quote

Ackshually... The world's worst tourists are the British followed by the chinese.

Sorry, but when was the last time Turks & Caicos ever contributed to the advancement of the world and humanity other than having "fantastic beaches"?

Yeah.

But carry on with looking down your nose at Americans who don't want to deal with shithole countries' stupid bullshit.

"Arrogance"...

lol
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 5:43:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By ARDunstan:

Ackshually... The world's worst tourists are the British followed by the chinese.

Sorry, but when was the last time Turks & Caicos ever contributed to the advancement of the world and humanity other than having "fantastic beaches"?

Yeah.

But carry on with looking down your nose at Americans who don't want to deal with shithole countries' stupid bullshit.

"Arrogance"...

lol
View All Quotes

^^ American arrogance on display... and exactly why so many people around the world detest American tourists.

If you're dumb enough to not understand that a single round of ammo will cause you insane amounts of hassle and pain in most countries' airports (including within the USA in carry-on baggage), you're better off staying home. And driving everywhere you want to go.

Yeah.

"Arrogance"...

lol

Why do they need to "contribute to the advancement of the world and humanity?"

It's simply a vacation spot people choose to go to. They have their own economy and it's enough for them. Are you upset because they aren't exporting guided cruise missiles to third world countries like we do?

You're delusional if you think that US citizens should be able to carry live ammo into foreign countries in violation of their rules, simply because you're an elitist American (in your mind).

Again... Take some ammo through TSA checkpoints and see how you do in the USA. Is that also "shithole country's stupid bullshit?"
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 5:52:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bollocks44] [#12]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 5:53:01 PM EDT
[#13]

Yeah.

"Arrogance"...

lol
View Quote

Ya wanna tell us where in the US you REALLY reside?  It sure isn't Red China, as your title block says
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 6:04:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 6:07:33 PM EDT
[#15]

It's simply a vacation spot people choose to go to. They have their own economy and it's enough for them. Are you upset because they aren't exporting guided cruise missiles to third world countries like we do?

You're delusional if you think that US citizens should be able to carry live ammo into foreign countries in violation of their rules, simply because you're an elitist American (in your mind).

Again... Take some ammo through TSA checkpoints and see how you do in the USA. Is that also "shithole country's stupid bullshit?"
View All Quotes

Yeah.

"Arrogance"...

lol

the cajun navy could wipe them off their little rock without spilling their PBR...
they lucky they get to exist and make the rules on that little spit in the ocean where folks with money go to play
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 6:10:58 PM EDT
[#16]
btw....turks in cockus sounds kinda gay....looks pretty gay too

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/24/2024 6:11:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By AZJeff:

Ya wanna tell us where in the US you REALLY reside?  It sure isn't Red China, as your title block says
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/24/2024 6:15:22 PM EDT
[#18]
How was he cleared outbound from the US TSA to this shithole and corrupt country?
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 6:17:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By stoner63a:
How was he cleared outbound from the US TSA to this shithole and corrupt country?
View Quote

$15/hr cleared.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 6:17:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bollocks44] [#20]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 6:19:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bollocks44] [#21]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 6:20:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bollocks44] [#22]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 6:21:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By TexasOutdoorsman:

the cajun navy could wipe them off their little rock without spilling their PBR...
they lucky they get to exist and make the rules on that little spit in the ocean where folks with money go to play
View Quote

I think there’s something to be said for smaller countries that don’t spend billions and billions of dollars either attacking or bribing other countries to bend to their will, instead using their tax dollars on their own citizens. Costa Rica doesn’t have a military either.

Why would your Cajun navy want to attack an island that just keeps to itself?
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 6:25:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bollocks44] [#24]
Originally Posted By Hunduh:
View Quote

Is this explained later? Is it some shitty takes of  3rd world dumps arbitrary enforcement against Americans of unjust and unjustifiable laws being “law and order” and “stupid tax”?

I don’t understand any other angle. The entire Western Hemisphere that isn’t America is somehow exponentially more corrupt than America, former slave islands and anything associated with Latin America that had a indio population being top among them.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 6:27:24 PM EDT
[#25]

I think there’s something to be said for smaller countries that don’t spend billions and billions of dollars either attacking or bribing other countries to bend to their will, instead using their tax dollars on their own citizens. Costa Rica doesn’t have a military either.

Why would your Cajun navy want to attack an island that just keeps to itself?
View Quote

because 'murrica!

is that a trick question?
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 6:30:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Too-Tall:
Not ammo, but still...

So there I was....

Combat Engineer, doing some fun stuff on the range during the week.

Come Saturday, flying from Brussels to San Francisco via New York.

Security and boarding the flight to New York went fine. Arrived in New York, transfer time! No idea how or why but found myself in a line that went through a separate screening. Had to stick my hands in a thing resembling one of those air dryers in a bathroom. Felt a puff of air.

*sound of sirens*

I look up at the TSA guy sitting in the booth controlling the thingie. He was wearing glasses, and I could see the reflection of the computer monitor. It was flashing bright red.

That's about the only thing I could do, since a splitsecond later I was surrounded by 4 dudes who all but lifted me off the ground by my arms. Was taken to a separate room with a very thick door, lots of locks and no window.

It took about half an hour including a call to the Centre of Ops in Brussels to confirm who I was to get them to relax.

After they told me I was free to go, I said no problem, but wouldn't it have been more useful doing this check prior to flying to the US?

They kindly asked me to carry on with my travel, so I did.

Several showers between the range and the detection, guess the RDX was still in my fingernails...
View Quote

As retarded as TSA is, they don’t run the security in Brussels airport. Maybe they should screen better in waffle land? Or just keep out and kick out all the “likely bombers” of the euro zone.
Glad it worked out ok though.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 6:32:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Christ just send like 500 guys with booze and guns, with pickup in a week
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 6:36:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By MADMAXXX:
Maybe if you feel scared enough to want to carry a gun then you are in a shit hole country.
Living here for 3 years and I never even saw an argument let alone anyone needing to use a weapon for self defense.

ETA also learn what the laws are for any country before you visit there.
In one country, Singapore, for example it is illegal to chew gum or smoke cigarettes in public and some drug possession might earn you the death penalty.
View All Quotes
Plain and simple. If you can't carry a gun and ammo there, it's a shithole country. I don't care how pretty the beach is or how nice the hotel is. But if you gotta go check your luggage carefully.

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/turks-and-caicos-ammo-prison-sentence-american-tourists/

American tourist facing possible 12 year prison sentence after ammo found in luggage in Turks and Caicos
Valerie Watson returned to Oklahoma City's Will Rogers World Airport in tears on Tuesday morning in a drastic departure from how she imagined her long weekend trip to Turks and Caicos would end.

Watson is home, but her husband, Ryan Watson, is in jail on the island and facing a potential mandatory minimum sentence of 12 years behind bars after airport security allegedly found four rounds of hunting ammo in his carry-on bag earlier this month.

Last year, a judge found Michael Grim from Indiana had "exceptional circumstances" when he pleaded guilty to accidentally having ammunition in his checked bag. He served almost six months in prison.

"No clean running water. You're kind of exposed to the environment 24/7," he told CBS News. "Mosquitoes and tropical illnesses are a real concern. There's some hostile actors in the prison."

"[His] sentencing was completely predicated on the fact that I was an American," Grim said.
Maybe if you feel scared enough to want to carry a gun then you are in a shit hole country.
Living here for 3 years and I never even saw an argument let alone anyone needing to use a weapon for self defense.

In one country, Singapore, for example it is illegal to chew gum or smoke cigarettes in public and some drug possession might earn you the death penalty.

Thailand is known for drug trafficking , pedophilia and horribly behaved poor British tourists. It’s pretty but come on, it ain’t panacea
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 6:39:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By RedAngus:

No thanks.

I flew to PA last year for a wildlife capture CE, had my 1911 and a backup with extra magazines for both in my checked bags.  Flight was supposed to land in Newark for a 30 minute delay, then on to PA.  Once on the ground in Newark, they said we had to disembark and claim our luggage, then transfer to another plane.  I declined to claim my bag.  They got nasty about it, but I told them I had checked it through to PA and that's where they could deliver it.  Period.  LOts of arguing later, I got on the plane and departed.  My bag was on the carousel when I arrived in PA.

I have no way of knowing for sure, but my guess is I would have been arrested for illegal firearms had I claimed possession of my guns in NJ that day.  Something seemed mighty weird about the encounter.
View Quote

I fly to NH almost every year with guns and this is my plan if a flight is diverted to a conus dictatorship and I’m asked to claim it. Nope it can go onto the destination because that’s what I paid for them to do. If they refuse then I’m leaving it there and filing a theft report with the FAA and ATF.

Don’t care what’s in the case I’ll buy another.

Lots of countries governments hate foreigners Americans in particular. I have no plans on leaving the USA for vacation to another country but if I ever do damn skippy I’m checking every resource I can before I buy a fucking ticket.

As others have stated just go with bare minimum and source what you need there. Goes easier.

They are punishing an American that’s all they care about.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 6:46:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MikeJGA] [#30]
Plain and simple. If you can't carry a gun and ammo there, it's a shithole country. I don't care how pretty the beach is or how nice the hotel is.

View Quote

So you think 99.9% of the world's countries are shitholes?  I can count the countries that let you carry guns in public on one finger.  And even here most states limit what/where you can carry a gun
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 6:49:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By G3k:

Thailand is known for drug trafficking , pedophilia and horribly behaved poor British tourists. It’s pretty but come on, it ain’t panacea
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By G3k:

True story;

My first ever trip to Thailand as a kid; we landed in Bangkok and the tour bus was waiting to take us to the hotel right in the middle of Bangkok.

As it’s making its way through the city, the bus driver takes several side streets to get around the heavy rush hour traffic. Of course, I’m looking out the window, wide-eyed, taking in all the sights of a different country.

After noticing something, I turn to my parents and say, “Thai people must really love their pets”. My mom says, “What makes you say that?”. I replied, “They sure have a lot of VD clinics. We passed 5 in just the last 2 streets”.

The whole back of the tour bus starts laughing. I’m puzzled, and as my mom’s wiping tears from her eyes, she says, “And what do you think VD Clinic stands for?”. My dumbass says, “I thought it meant Veterinarian Doctor”.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 6:49:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Not everyone basis their life around whether or not we can have a pacifier with us.

I’d hate to live a life so dependent on my firearm that I refuse to go anywhere without it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 6:50:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Anyone remember what the American government did, for an America-hating basketball player who intentionally took some drugs into Russia…?
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 6:50:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By bobbitybobbity:
I went through TSA inspections at Seattle,  Montreal,  Gatwick and Heathrow and Zurich. Turns out, the big bag of peanuts I bought at Walmart had 3 or 4 live 22LR rounds in it. Odd headstamps, no I didn't think of taking pictures of them.  I was picking out the peanut shells and skins before leaving Lucerne, Switzerland for the Zurich airport when I found them. I tossed them in a dumpster.  My host freaked out when I told her. She thought someone would be killed if they "went off". Never again will I carry food stuff in original packaging without checking through it first.
View Quote

Ironically, you made it through three airports that would have turned your asshole inside out and thrown you in jail, then discovered it before Zurich airport, which wouldn’t have really cared.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 6:53:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By M4A1:
I've done enough traveling around the world to know that the most beautiful places are right here in the US.

View Quote

Lol. Not even close.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 6:55:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By bluemax_1:

You haven’t yet realized that people who prefer to stay in the basement love to comment on travel threads in GD?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By UV18:
I am curious what country I can carry ammo on a carry on. I will wait for the OP to respond.

Yes I think it’s their favorite pastime.

They can’t stand that people do shit that their scared to do.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 6:58:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bollocks44] [#37]

View Quote

It’s the GD way. Anyone disagrees with their bullshit is a leftist.

It’s one of only 4 insults they know.

You’re either a leftist, a simp, a cuck or a commie.

All of which they can’t really define
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 6:59:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By JaredC1:

Yes I think it’s their favorite pastime.

They can’t stand that people do shit that their scared to do.
View Quote

If you think avoiding tyrannical governments that will kill you for making a small mistake is "only for scared people who never leave their basements",  you're a special kind of naive.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:00:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By JaredC1:
Not everyone basis their life around whether or not we can have a pacifier with us.

I’d hate to live a life so dependent on my firearm that I refuse to go anywhere without it.
View Quote

Ah, ok, you aren't a window licking retard, you're a troll. You can see how I got confused there!
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:06:30 PM EDT
[#40]
If we acted like a true super power and flexed our muscles they would immediately let him go and send him home

We should have been more like the Romans in dealing with nations.

Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:14:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Matthew_Q:
Goddamnit motherfuckers.

Check your fucking bags! If you've used it for transporting guns and ammo, fucking clean that shit out before you get on a fucking plane!!  

This is some basic shit!
View Quote

That's not always enough. I got levitated backwards to a special room near the security checkpoint at Orlando when they swabbed my carry on and it lit up the box. Gunpowder residue I imagine. This was only a few days after air travel opened back up after 9-11 so they were super tense.

I was in that room for a few hours while they tried to reach my deputy son for him to confirm we had been shooting with that bag present.

Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:19:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Maine_11B_to_Nurse:

That's not always enough. I got levitated backwards to a special room near the security checkpoint at Orlando when they swabbed my carry on and it lit up the box. Gunpowder residue I imagine. This was only a few days after air travel opened back up after 9-11 so they were super tense.

I was in that room for a few hours while they tried to reach my deputy son for him to confirm we had been shooting with that bag present.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Matthew_Q:
Goddamnit motherfuckers.

Check your fucking bags! If you've used it for transporting guns and ammo, fucking clean that shit out before you get on a fucking plane!!  

This is some basic shit!

Which confirms the exact reason why I have luggage specifically for travel-only, and range/firearms bags for range/firearms use.

Oh noes! I guess some ‘Muricans need to stay out of that shithole known as Florida
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:26:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Pantexan:

WTF are Elbows-to-Assholes ?
I would like to see that !
http://www.howlatthemoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/tumblr_nb1m7iYXUb1t1dqxlo1_400.gif
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DDiggler:  It's funny that you guys still believe that TSA is ACTUALLY meant to keep you safe.  TSA exists for 2 reasons:
1. To give the ILLUSION of security.
2. To give the government another place where it can flex its authority over you.
Besides the oft-missed contraband that makes it through TSA checkpoints which is enough to show that it's merely there to make you feel better, consider that if a terrorist sneaks a bomb on board and successfully detonates it in the air. How many casualties? 225 or so, maximum?
So, to avoid this potential disaster, the government has now created TSA checkpoints. On busy days such as holiday travel days, you might have 4, 5, 600 people queued up, elbows-to-assholes, waiting to get through the checkpoint with ZERO security measures in place before this bottleneck.
A few evil-doers with suicide vests on scattered through the TSA queue would make the body count of a single plane being taken out look like a good deal. Heck, add a few more with some firearms to open fire on the crowd before/during/after the explosions and you could bump up the casualty count even more... since there's NO security before the checkpoint. A few terrorists with guns covering each escape route? Yikes. They could just walk right in and do whatever they wanted while everyone is queued up like sheep being ushered into the slaughterhouse.

http://www.howlatthemoon.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/tumblr_nb1m7iYXUb1t1dqxlo1_400.gif

I'm guessing you've never been in the U.S. military. Before you could choose your own pronoun, the military sometimes would use language that might cause hurt feelings.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:27:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Not that I could ever afford to travel, but if you CAN afford to travel, you can afford to buy separate luggage that never gets used for anything travel.

If you've ever had a piece of luggage, backpack, purse, carry-on, or anything like that in the same room with guns, forget using it.  It's not worth the risk u less you have your own X ray machine.

Also, fuck anyone who thinks we need laws like that anywhere on earth.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:31:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Maine_11B_to_Nurse] [#45]

Which confirms the exact reason why I have luggage specifically for travel-only, and range/firearms bags for range/firearms use.

Oh noes! I guess some ‘Muricans need to stay out of that shithole known as Florida
View Quote

I do now but at the time that security stuff hadn't existed a week earlier, lol. In fact, I had gone through security in Bangor and Boston to get to Orlando the previous night.

I wonder how sensitive that equipment is. I've pulled the trigger in my kitchen once, shot a deer and multiple yotes from my shitter, and I reload. I'm not sure anything I own is 'sterile'.

Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:47:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Fuck travel advisories I guess....

U.S. Department of State  https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/International-Travel-Country-Information-Pages/TurksandCaicosIslands.html#/
TRAVEL ALERT:  DO NOT BRING FIREARMS/AMMUNITION TO THE TURKS AND CAICOS ISLANDS

SEPTEMBER 22, 2023
Firearms, ammunition, and other weapons are not permitted in the Turks and Caicos Islands (TCI).   TCI authorities strictly enforce all firearms related laws.  The penalty for traveling to TCI with a firearm, ammunition, or other weapon is a minimum custodial sentence of twelve (12) years.

We wish to remind all travelers that declaring a weapon in your luggage with an airline carrier does not grant permission to bring the weapon into TCI and will result in your arrest.

We strongly encourage you to carefully check your luggage for stray ammunition or forgotten weapons before departing for TCI. If you bring a firearm or ammunition into TCI, we will not be able to secure your release from custody.  You are subject to TCI laws and must follow local law enforcement procedures.

Before traveling to TCI, please review the updated TCI Travel.State.Gov  page to learn more  about restrictions on traveling with firearms.

If you are arrested or detained, ask police or prison officials to notify the U.S. Embassy immediately.

View Quote

CHECK YOUR BAGS! DO NOT BRING AMMUNITION/FIREARMS TO THE TURKS AND CAICOS ISLANDS

APRIL 24, 2024
We urge all travelers going to the Turks and Caicos Islands:

Carefully check your luggage for stray ammunition or forgotten weapons before departing from the United States.
Firearms, ammunition (including stray bullets), and other weapons are not permitted in the Turks and Caicos Islands (TCI).  TCI authorities strictly enforce all firearms-and-ammunition-related laws.  The penalty for traveling to TCI with a firearm, ammunition, or other weapon can result in a minimum custodial sentence of twelve (12) years.

We wish to remind all travelers that declaring a weapon in your luggage with an airline carrier does not grant permission to bring the weapon into the Turks and Caicos Islands and will result in your arrest.  TSA screening in the United States may not identify ammunition in your baggage; it is your responsibility to ensure your baggage is free of ammunition and/or firearms.

If you bring a firearm or ammunition into TCI, even inadvertently, we will not be able to secure your release from custody.  You are subject to TCI laws and must follow local law enforcement procedures.

Before traveling to TCI, please review the updated TCI Travel.State.Gov  page to learn more  about restrictions on traveling with firearms.

If you are arrested or detained, ask police or prison officials to notify the U.S. Embassy immediately.

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:52:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Strela:

I'm guessing you've never been in the U.S. military. Before you could choose your own pronoun, the military sometimes would use language that might cause hurt feelings.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DDiggler:  It's funny that you guys still believe that TSA is ACTUALLY meant to keep you safe.  TSA exists for 2 reasons:
2. To give the government another place where it can flex its authority over you.
Besides the oft-missed contraband that makes it through TSA checkpoints which is enough to show that it's merely there to make you feel better, consider that if a terrorist sneaks a bomb on board and successfully detonates it in the air. How many casualties? 225 or so, maximum?
So, to avoid this potential disaster, the government has now created TSA checkpoints. On busy days such as holiday travel days, you might have 4, 5, 600 people queued up, elbows-to-assholes, waiting to get through the checkpoint with ZERO security measures in place before this bottleneck.
A few evil-doers with suicide vests on scattered through the TSA queue would make the body count of a single plane being taken out look like a good deal. Heck, add a few more with some firearms to open fire on the crowd before/during/after the explosions and you could bump up the casualty count even more... since there's NO security before the checkpoint. A few terrorists with guns covering each escape route? Yikes. They could just walk right in and do whatever they wanted while everyone is queued up like sheep being ushered into the slaughterhouse.

Ackshually, the term “I wanna see assholes and elbows” means, “Y’all better get moving, NOW! I don’t want to see anything but your rears, moving THAT way”. Get it? Those are body parts you can usually only see on moving people, from behind.

It makes no sense for describing a crowd, or queue. The slang for that, is “Nut to butt”
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:56:28 PM EDT
[#48]

I do now but at the time that security stuff hadn't existed a week earlier, lol. In fact, I had gone through security in Bangor and Boston to get to Orlando the previous night.

I wonder how sensitive that equipment is. I've pulled the trigger in my kitchen once, shot a deer and multiple yotes from my shitter, and I reload. I'm not sure anything I own is 'sterile'.

View All Quotes

I’m not sure either, and I’d be pissed to miss a flight to find out the hard way.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:05:42 PM EDT
[#49]

Ackshually, the term “I wanna see assholes and elbows” means, “Y’all better get moving, NOW! I don’t want to see anything but your rears, moving THAT way”. Get it? Those are body parts you can usually only see on moving people, from behind.

It makes no sense for describing a crowd, or queue. The slang for that, is “Nut to butt”
View All Quotes

Not that I've ever heard. Or the use of the term "queue" by anyone speaking colloquial American English.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:05:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BillofRights] [#50]

I'll say it again. Double down if you will. It's not an innate fear of being somewhere without a gun. It's the disdain of being anywhere, country or state where I do not have the freedom to possess a gun. Plain and simple. If a place isn't as free as Tennessee, it's a shithole. I don't care how nice the beaches and hotels are.
I know when you decide to go to those shitholes you need to follow their rules or things like this happen.
*this is just my opinion of what constitutes a shithole. Your opinion may vary. Enjoy your travel to shithole destinations responsibility. Not all locations may participate. Your mileage may vary. Know the risks of traveling to shitholes. Call 1-800-GO2-SHOLE or visit www.shitholes.gov.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MADMAXXX:  Maybe if you feel scared enough to want to carry a gun then you are in a shit hole country.
Here's some dumbass comments , right here .  The article states guy had a few rounds of hunting ammo , no gun .  Nothing in the article states he was was worriedly about his safety and thought he needed a weapon .
Learn the laws of the country you are visiting ?  LOL
Welcome to the United States , please learn the the US code of federal regulations before you enter .  And if you are visiting a state please learn that state's laws as well .   Oh , by the way can you read English ?
/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/dumbass-27.jpg
Maybe reading is hard for you or you are the dumbass.
The poster that I quoted stated . "If you can't carry a gun and ammo there, it's a shithole country" and my response was the post that you failed to understand.

I'll say it again. Double down if you will. It's not an innate fear of being somewhere without a gun. It's the disdain of being anywhere, country or state where I do not have the freedom to possess a gun. Plain and simple. If a place isn't as free as Tennessee, it's a shithole. I don't care how nice the beaches and hotels are.
I know when you decide to go to those shitholes you need to follow their rules or things like this happen.
*this is just my opinion of what constitutes a shithole. Your opinion may vary. Enjoy your travel to shithole destinations responsibility. Not all locations may participate. Your mileage may vary. Know the risks of traveling to shitholes. Call 1-800-GO2-SHOLE or visit www.shitholes.gov.

Sorry, but that sounds like convoluted reasoning.    This is Arfcom, we get it.     But don’t piss down our backs and tell us it’s raining.  

If you don’t want people to think you’re a scaredy cat, simply refrain from telling them the rationalizations as to why you’re afraid to travel.   Talk about anything else.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top