Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 12:30:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Gator:

I'd rather be in the 95%, then tasked to attempt to repopulate with all the hippos.  
View Quote

As a reasonably fit, well groomed man with a job, I would have my pick of women.  I of course would pick the most fit and attractive women of breeding age.

The deprived hippos would would scream and fight amongst each other.  They would blame the surviving mem for all their problems.

The only real change from the present would be birth control.

Link Posted: 4/24/2024 12:32:10 PM EDT
[#2]
The estrogen in the atmosphere would be overwhelming.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 12:33:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Imagine a world full of food in jars and cans that no one could open in order to avoid starvation.  All the cars have body damage, the ones that actually still run anyway, and no regular service has been performed.  Basically think Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome and that’s only the first week after.

Link Posted: 4/24/2024 12:33:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By bobbitybobbity:
The estrogen in the atmosphere would be overwhelming.
View Quote

It would be drowned out with cat piss.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 12:36:26 PM EDT
[#5]
No cars would ever have maintenance/repairs done on them.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 12:37:15 PM EDT
[#6]
95% of the global population would die off within a decade.

Manufacturing, food production, and trade between countries goes when men do.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 12:38:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tsg68] [#7]
The way women treat each other, this in short order…

Link Posted: 4/24/2024 12:42:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 12:43:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 12:51:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Every fricken light bulb on earth would be on at the same time.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 12:52:22 PM EDT
[#11]
If I were not married, in such a utopia, I'd be the biggest manhoer/slut imaginable...I'd sleep with every hot chick possible (yup, no fatties or uglies). I wouldn't need dinner and a movie or any time-wasting garbage like that. No games, just ask me if I wanna screw and let's go. Hell, they wouldn't even have to wake me up afterwards or even call me later. No need to send me gifts or flowers.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 12:53:10 PM EDT
[#12]
No wars?
Anyone wo has worked with groups of women knows that's bullshit right off the start.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 12:56:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Joe_Pennsy:
I thought of that show when I read the title

I was shocked they allowed it to be made as the point to the show -intentional or not- was that women were useless without men to keep the lights on

It's on Hulu, I believe
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I was shocked they allowed it to be made as the point to the show -intentional or not- was that women were useless without men to keep the lights on

It's on Hulu, I believe

Yes the premise was pretty neat but in the end it's still a leftist slanted show which makes for some odd choices.

Originally Posted By jackthom8:
There's already a comic about that - tldr women go nuts, half turn into violent masculine types that want to kill all the remaining men. The others try to maintain civilization and order and they go to war.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y:_The_Last_Man

The show is a live action adaption of the comic.

I actually watched it on Hulu. I'm sure many will probably lament the changes in the show over the comic but... The original is pretty progressive/woke in it's own right.

I'll TLDW some spoilers for folks

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 12:56:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Sounds like they stole the plot from The White Plague and reversed it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_White_Plague
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 12:56:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By just-mike:
Wasn't there a "survivor" type show floating around here a couple weeks ago where men competed against women, and it showed exactly what would happen?
View Quote

Yeah, the men where having the time of their lives. The women were breaking down and starving, cold, and dehydrated by day 2.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 12:58:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Low testosterone and sperm counts.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:00:39 PM EDT
[#17]

View All Quotes

There've been similar threads on /pol/ for years.  One of them, someone said there was a season of one of those "Survivor!" type shows where they separated the men and women onto different islands to have the two sides compete against each other, and after a few weeks the men's camp was well-organized and running on easymode, while the women's camp was nothing but catfighting and misery.  The show's producers had to make up "challenges" to have the men run things on the women's island so the women's failure wasn't so massive.

I believe it because there was also a real-world article about a woman who tried to create an "all-female production company" in the UK, only to find out that the same thing happened:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1168182/Catfights-handbags-tears-toilets-When-producer-launched-women-TV-company-thought-shed-kissed-goodbye-conflict-.html

(I've trimmed out most of the anecdotal crap detailing all the massive bitchiness.  The story at the link is maybe 3X or 4X longer.)

Catfights over handbags and tears in the toilets. When this producer launched a women-only TV company she thought she'd kissed goodbye to conflict

Five years ago, I was working as a TV executive producer making shows for top channels such as MTV, and based in Los Angeles. It sounds like a dream job and it could have been - if I'd been male.

Working in TV is notoriously difficult for women. There is a powerful old boys' network, robust glass ceiling and the majority of bosses are misogynistic males.

Gradually, what had started out as a daydream - wouldn't it be great if there were no men where I worked? - turned into an exciting concept. I decided to create the first all-female production company where smart, intelligent, career-orientated women could work harmoniously, free from the bravado of the opposite sex.

In hindsight, I should have learned the lessons of my past - at my mixed secondary school I was bullied by a gang of nasty, name-calling girls, so I knew only too well how nasty groups of women could become.

Over in one corner sat Alice, a strong-minded 27-year-old who always said what she thought, regardless of how much it might hurt someone else. In the other corner was Sarah, a thirtysomething high-flier who would stand up for herself momentarily - then burst into tears and run for the ladies.

Their simmering fight lasted hours, egged on by spectators taking sides and fuelling the anger. Sometimes other girls would join in, either heckling aggressively or huddling defensively in the toilets. It might sound like a scene from a tawdry reality show such as Big Brother, but the truth is a little more prosaic: it was just a normal morning in my office.

The venomous women were supposedly the talented employees I had headhunted to achieve my utopian dream - a female- only company with happy, harmonious workers benefiting from an absence of men.

... we went bankrupt in March 2007, less than two years after I'd formed the company.

Though I will not absolve myself of all guilt, I believe the business was ruined by the destructive jealousy and in-fighting of an allfemale staff. Their selfishness and insecurities led to my company's demise. When I needed the socalled 'Sisterhood', believe me, it just wasn't there.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:02:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Every oil refinery, power plant, and chemical plant would cease operations in short order.  Modern life would come to a screeching halt.

Millwrights, electricians, pipefitters, and boilermakers are about 99% male professions.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:04:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By MeInMediocrity:
No cars would ever have maintenance/repairs done on them.
View Quote

Yup.

They’d be driven until the engine seized from lack of maintenance. How many female oil change techs are there? I don’t recall having seen any, and that’s a fairly simple job.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:04:47 PM EDT
[#20]
All the plumbing would be clogged with female sanitary products…
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:07:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kuraki] [#21]
In the rapid/sudden death scenario, initially while the workings of modern society coast on inertia, women would initially say all "the right things" and pretend to band together to support each other and generally coexist in the perceived ideal consensus driven society where no decision really gets made and no action ever gets taken.

As soon as the inertia of our infrastructure begins to fail and resources become scarce, that facade would rapidly pivot into the adult version of female high school cliques.  Fairness and equity and "all the right things" that a fair number of those women "just knew" would happen naturally were women to be "in control" would disappear as if a switch was flipped, and what had previously been (the high school cliques) a type of tribalism that exerts it's will through emotionally brutal manipulation and gaslighting, would now turn those tools inward to compel theft and murder of opposing cliques through ambush, assassinations and traps.

The few women who actually worked on producing things that sustained and supported modern infrastructure would be enslaved by the cliques and worked to the bone to continue generating resources for the tribe, but very, very few will pass their knowledge due to a lack of volunteers willing to learn things that didn't make them feel a particular way, or a refusal to participate due to a lingering resentment at being forced by circumstance to do something they'd rather not.

The leadership of the cliques will soon realize that the model is unsustainable, but rather than taking action to directly affect that sustainability problem, they will be more concerned with giving the women of their clique a forum to express their anger, resentment, and feelings of abandonment; knowing that being allowed to air these grievances and then have those grievances validated will be enough to prevent any lower ranking members from rallying enough members together to challenge the current leadership.

Most of the cliques will get caught in an infinite loop of the above until they disappear through attrition, or absorption by other cliques.  

The cliques lucky enough to have obtained one or more of the remaining males, and self aware enough to set aside the same urge they feel to follow the above plan and allow the males to lead, will after a rather well managed decline (relative to cliques with no males, or cliques with males that give them no authority) begin to rebuild as newer generations see the inevitability of failure with the mindset that how one feels about a situation is anywhere near the importance of how to affect the outcomes of a situation, and generally accept the circumstance that survival is dependent on action and not emotion.

A very, very small portion of these cliques will be located in environments that don't have significant pressures on survival at a hunter-gatherer-scavenger level, and may just form the quiet little communal utopias they dream of; sans any modern convenience.

That is until the male led cliques, with their superior resources, organization and technology, kill them and take their stuff.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:09:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By buck19delta:
The thread on the view “ men are useless “ thread provoked this thought process.

Many women living in comfy first world countries like to screech about misogyny holding them back, men being root of all their problems, without men society would be peaceful, safe, war would end, utopia would happen. Hmm. Let’s game this out and remove 99.9% of all men.

Scenerio. 95% of all men suddenly die from some mysterious genetic disease / illness, ( probably created by some deranged group of feminist scientists )

The planet is now populated by 4 billion women and approx 4 million men, divided up amongst all countries. ( USA now has approx 150 million women and 150,000 men. Going forward, 99.9% of all male babies are born dead, and female babies born normally.

What does the planet look like going forward?

6 months later……?

6 years later…..?

60 years later …?

600 years later ….?

Does earth become a wise peaceful well oiled utopia?   Does war and violence indeed vanish?  Do women peacefully share the few remaining men and let each other live and let live, free from taxes, intrusive government ? Do men lay around living like kings as they impregnate long lines of desperate women with ticking biological clocks?  Or do women create laws to control the few remaining men, force them to work traditional jobs, keep them strapped to medical tables and harvest their semen like livestock in “ a boy and his dog ? “. l

Do only powerful / wealthy women have a trophy man, and the rest do without ?  

Do police become unnecessary, as crime / violence drops to zero ?  Does society become better ? Same ? Worse ? Women are the majority, they can create whatever female inspired laws they wish, control men in anyway they wish, turn them into slaves, force them into servitude to women, etc. would they ? Would they allow men to live whatever life they pleased , even if they wanted to not participate in reproduction?

( The population of earth could easily remain stable as a single man can easily impregnate thousands of women a year, where if it was reversed and 99% of women gone population numbers would crash quickly. )

Sure, let’s throw out snarky soccer mom harem jokes, and global world war every 28 days,     but let’s also seriously discuss possible developments / high possibility of what society would evolve into if men became “ rare “, in such a scenario.

And go !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YI8wIJO7U30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YI8wIJO7U30

View Quote

Nuclear war
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:09:29 PM EDT
[#23]
It would look pretty much like “The View” until they figured out how to make men again in a lab.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:09:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Blind_Squirrel:
A return to Eden of course
View Quote

Women fucked that up... it all flowed from there...
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:15:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Wolfy42:

Nuclear war
View Quote

How many buttons need pushing to initiate a nuclear detonation?  How does pushing them make you feel?

These seem to be insurmountable challenges unless a significant portion of the remaining males were nuclear weapon related careers prior to the fall.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:15:27 PM EDT
[#26]
There was an anime with this premise, where almost all men were wiped out by a virus/biological weapon, and only a handful of men that were in cryogenic stasis survived 5-10 years later. “Harem at the end of the world” I think it was called.

The world basically looked like detroit, lol.

Of course, being a very classic harem anime, the protagonist is a whiny bitch holding out for some girl-next-door chick he knew before going in deep freeze, and there’s some retardation with loli androids and bears or some shit. I never finished it because the censorship was godawful, it’s an H-anime so 60-70% of it is titties, and everything is censored, so over half the show looks like a fucking barcode.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:17:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Human life on this planet would cease to exist before women's menstrual cycles synced up.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:20:43 PM EDT
[#28]
I am in! Get me the F out of this hell hole. They want to run it it’s ALL yours Sis.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:21:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By rb889:
There was an anime with this premise, where almost all men were wiped out by a virus/biological weapon, and only a handful of men that were in cryogenic stasis survived 5-10 years later. “Harem at the end of the world” I think it was called.

The world basically looked like detroit, lol.

Of course, being a very classic harem anime, the protagonist is a whiny bitch holding out for some girl-next-door chick he knew before going in deep freeze, and there’s some retardation with loli androids and bears or some shit. I never finished it because the censorship was godawful, it’s an H-anime so 60-70% of it is titties, and everything is censored, so over half the show looks like a fucking barcode.
View Quote

All good straw hats know where to find the uncensored versions.  It was incredibly mid to higher teir trash but like Y the last man it's based on a light novel/manga adaptation.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:24:37 PM EDT
[#30]
They'd all be starving in their delapidated houses, gathering in groups to talk about how they feel about the situation, then hold hands for a great big Kumbaya song, as civilization falls in around their heads.

Or something like an African style matriarchy, which might actually be worse.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:24:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By PossumKing:
I had a friend in grad school who once said, "If there were no men, women would be living in caves and mud huts and there wouldn't be a single structure on the entire planet over one story tall."

Cheers, Dave!  Hope you are doing well!
View Quote

This was my almost identical response when my wife and daughter brought up that smarmy "The View" article.
A pathetic "view" from a group of pathetic "women".

My girls were quick to backtrack to they "were only talking about relationships" after I told them to figure out how to:  change their own oil / mow the grass / unplug the shitter / and, by the way, I'm not making your car payments from now on.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:25:38 PM EDT
[#32]
All the cabinets would be left open.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:31:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By AtLarge:
Every fricken light bulb on earth would be on at the same time.
View Quote

And nobody to change them….
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:33:55 PM EDT
[#34]
The whole World would become a less fun version of

Haiti.    
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:36:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Sliders did this already.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:37:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tsg68] [#36]
Originally Posted By Wolfy42:

Nuclear war
View Quote

This is all it would take.

Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:39:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:42:00 PM EDT
[#38]
There would be a lot of pissed off women and a few very tired men around...
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:42:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Be some hard work for that 0.1%
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:44:42 PM EDT
[#40]

I wouldn't want to.  

At first, it sounds great - 1 out of 20 dudes survive, enough to keep the lights on.  Assuming 50/50 split between genders that means 1 man for every 40 women.  Now look around.  Most American women don't just have a few extra pounds, they're fat.  Really fat.

I'd rather be in the 95%, then tasked to attempt to repopulate with all the hippos.  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Thrasymachus:
The handful of arfcommers left still couldn't get laid.

I wouldn't want to.  

At first, it sounds great - 1 out of 20 dudes survive, enough to keep the lights on.  Assuming 50/50 split between genders that means 1 man for every 40 women.  Now look around.  Most American women don't just have a few extra pounds, they're fat.  Really fat.

But you could probably outrun the fat ones, then impregnate the sexy gym bunnies while the fatties are all collapsed trying to catch their breath.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:44:53 PM EDT
[#41]

That’s a pretty simple example of the difference between men’s and women’s mentalities.

2 guys show up wearing the exact same thing; 99% chance they high five and go, “Bro!!!” even if they don’t know each other.

2 women show up wearing the exact same thing, and they stare daggers at each other the entire time.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:45:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By HiramRanger:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HiramRanger:
Originally Posted By Blind_Squirrel:
A return to Eden of course

Yeah, Adam was powerless to say “no”.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:45:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LoBrau] [#43]
Originally Posted By Michaelson:

Bailed out multiple times by show producers, to the point of the producers putting young pigs near them to "find"

Instead of the starving women cooking and eatIng the pigs, they made them pets and continued starving.

View Quote

of course they did
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:46:39 PM EDT
[#44]
The whining would be epic.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:50:40 PM EDT
[#45]
There is one thing that could make the situation worst...if all the women's cycles got synced up.  The world would not survive a month of the only had each other to bitch and raise hell with.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:55:13 PM EDT
[#46]
The Last Man on Planet Earth 1999 TV Movie SyFy

Link Posted: 4/24/2024 2:02:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Most of the remaining men would have as many devoted women as they wanted.

Most of the remaining women would starve.

Link Posted: 4/24/2024 2:11:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Just disposing of all the male dead bodies would be a problem. It would take heavy machinery to bury all of them. Who the hell is going to do that?

Shitstorm on day 1.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 2:20:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Who would  eat all the sammiches?
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 2:21:17 PM EDT
[#50]
shadow of a doubt silly women
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top