View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By -daddy:
Originally Posted By Foxtrot08:
Originally Posted By PinePig:
The Ranger Raptors are… very fast.

I'll bet, I have a tune on my '19 from Livernois.    Their vid shows 308 rwhp and 380 rwtq.   I think it's pretty quick,  so does my wife and she drives a Turbo Macan.

When somebody puts a tune out for that version of the TT3.0 it's going to fucking fly.

Only reason I’m really considering keeping it. To turn it into a little rocket ship of a pick up truck.

Flip side, I also really want a Gt500 to go with my Bullitt Mustang.

And I already have an F150 raptor with a Cobb tune.

Sounds like good problems to have

Too many vehicles. Not enough garage.

Yes, it’s a problem.  Feel bad for me please.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:10:17 PM EDT
[#2]

View All Quotes

I'll bet, I have a tune on my '19 from Livernois.    Their vid shows 308 rwhp and 380 rwtq.   I think it's pretty quick,  so does my wife and she drives a Turbo Macan.

When somebody puts a tune out for that version of the TT3.0 it's going to fucking fly.

Only reason I’m really considering keeping it. To turn it into a little rocket ship of a pick up truck.

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:36:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By McGuy:

@right_rudder found this tailgate ladder
View Quote
Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:17:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By hbilly:
Now do a 70's ford ranger
View Quote

79 F350 Ranger
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:27:24 PM EDT
[#5]

View All Quotes

My dad and step mother have a small 900sq ft house.....and a 1000 sq ft garage.....they are both happy with their situation.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:56:41 PM EDT
[#6]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/148484/IMG_2143-3196660.jpg

Bigger than my old 2003 f150.

About the same size as my 2015 f150.

Smaller than my 2018 Raptor f150.

I take it home tomorrow.
View Quote

Nice! I picked up a ‘24 F150 Raptor a few weeks ago.  Came from a Gladiator and that thing was small. I’m only 5’10” but a muscular 215lbs and I felt cramped in it. Went full-size truck for my benefit but also so my young kids had more room to get in and out.

I remember growing up in the 90’s wanting a Ranger or a S10, now I couldn’t imagine comfortably driving one of those or the newer mavericks.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:08:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Mattgunguy:

79 F350 Ranger
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/239279/1000003754-3193292.jpg
View Quote

Dude, that just oozes MO, I am jealous.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:20:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Liberty_Tree:

Nice! I picked up a ‘24 F150 Raptor a few weeks ago.  Came from a Gladiator and that thing was small. I’m only 5’10” but a muscular 215lbs and I felt cramped in it. Went full-size truck for my benefit but also so my young kids had more room to get in and out.

I remember growing up in the 90’s wanting a Ranger or a S10, now I couldn’t imagine comfortably driving one of those or the newer mavericks.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/58505/IMG_0939_jpeg-3198993.JPG
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Liberty_Tree:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/148484/IMG_2143-3196660.jpg

Bigger than my old 2003 f150.

About the same size as my 2015 f150.

Smaller than my 2018 Raptor f150.

I take it home tomorrow.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/58505/IMG_0939_jpeg-3198993.JPG

I do a lot of city driving.  Particularly in Cleveland and Detroit. My 2018 Raptor is just a little big for it.  So I bought the ranger to try it out.  

I may end up selling it later this year and either invest in a super charger, tuning and bottom end work on my Bullitt Mustang.  Or I might sell it and my 2018 Raptor for a 2025 Raptor F150.  

I haven’t really decided yet. Going to put a few miles on the ranger to decide how I feel about it.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:33:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bgrhammer] [#9]
Decent trucks for the time but I HATED driving or riding in that bodystyle of truck. I've been over 6' from 8th grade and I am a wide body apple chested individual at 239, and 47 years of age. Any time I was in one because of the taper of the roof and way the cab pinches in, the side of my head was always bouncing off of the door side headliner.

Always had to scrunch down like a closeted fag in the passenger seat of a miata.

Had an associate back in the day when stationed in Hawaii,  since we were .mil we could petition the State and Air Force for camping permits up by the radar instalation on the north shore. We went in dry and dusty and left wet and muddy.

We spent about half a day screwing around on the trails on the way to to the camp site hidden up there.[img]/images/smilies/icon_smile_wink.gif[/img I think it was just an overnight trip. I think there were maybe  3 or four "couples" that went. Anyways we got tired of being covered in dust and the beer wasn't getting any colder. So we bedded down for the night.

Next day we head out mid morning and about 15 minutes into our ordeal heaven opens up. Immediately slow and low on red clay. There was a nice little climb about 20 minutes away,  we get there and we kinda figured out having everybody in the box was just a disaster waiting to happen.  We spread out and send one vehicle up at a time. I''m the anchor in my YJ and this guy in a 2WD Mazda 4500 or similar chickens out. Talks to his girlfriend and she approaches me. Says so and so is lacking in confidence and would like me to take charge and top the hill.

I trying to build up his confidence and self reliance,  try to talk him into doing the needful.  He takes a pass.  So like any old Duke boy, I sadled up and let her rip! I didn't have traction, but I did have momentum,  and I swear to God,  I thought tires screeching on dirt was Hollywood bullshit until I experienced it. I was all smiles passing them on the downhill to pick up my heap.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 1:08:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 1:27:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: gunnut003] [#11]
Originally Posted By Deerhurst:

A 2wd Yota is just tiny, even for 1988. My 1986 Nissan hardbody with a short box, single cab and 4wd dwarfs your Toyota. Still a mini truck.

Modern vehicles are huge. The Tesla the parks next to me at work every day makes my German station wagon look tiny.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Deerhurst:
Originally Posted By gunnut003:

Not directly Ranger related, but there’s a reason this 1988 Toyota regular cab, short box “arfcommer’s dream features” truck is still here since ‘95-96…crank windows and carb….radio was dealer added, and I added the 12v accessory plugs😂.  It’s small can get into tighter spaces, can actually hand load it, AND reach the passenger window cranks.

Several other Toyota pickups have come and gone. About 5 3/4-1tons have come and gone, one 1/2 ton.

Toyota is not gonna go anywhere…90% might swap it on a extra ext cab long box frame we have with the single cab and make a lightweight aluminum 8ft+ dump bed for it…😂..100% use for it too.

Modern trucks are ridiculous in size.🙄

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/64672/2F66F40C-CAD0-4478-9BF0-34D9AE339E7C_jpe-3198054.JPG

ETA: should probably wash the toyo truck, i thinks it’s been a couple years.🤦‍♂️

A 2wd Yota is just tiny, even for 1988. My 1986 Nissan hardbody with a short box, single cab and 4wd dwarfs your Toyota. Still a mini truck.

Modern vehicles are huge. The Tesla the parks next to me at work every day makes my German station wagon look tiny.

No doubt.

The Toyota 2wd single cab short box is supposedly 2442lbs curb weight. So with a GVWR of 4400lbs, that means a payload of 1958lbs? 92lbs less than a 2019 ram 2500 diesel….🙄🤨

After adding a 200lb driver/gear and full fuel, the Toyota has 37lbs MORE payload than a diesel 2500…😂🤦‍♂️

Still have a 95 pathfinder hardbody. ALSO arfcom special…manual tyranny/windows and 4x4.😂

Also have lots of miles in a hardbody pickup like yours.

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:25:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: VACaver] [#12]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By right_rudder:

@VACaver

that's exactly what my wife needs to get in the bed of my truck. Where did you find that?
badass

@right_rudder

Got mine on Amazon for about 60 bucks.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:11:57 AM EDT
[#13]
2002 Ranger xcab 4x4 fleet model, auto with 4.0.  No power anything, no cruise and just the very basic of radios (might swap it out for a cheap double din unit from Amazon).

It does have some of the coldest AC I've ever felt. You can meat in that thing.

I love it.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:28:35 AM EDT
[#14]
I really do like the new Rangers.

I had a 1993 Ranger with the 2.3L and a 5 speed manual transmission and it was a single cab

I ran great and handled like a sports car

What I remember most about it is that I put almost 80K miles on the Firestone 408 tires, I changed them at 80K because I felt way to lucky to go any more miles

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top