Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:09:56 PM EDT
[#1]
OP, can't you see that all you do is slow him down. And he's trying to get to the other side of town?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:13:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eracer] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By EvoXGunner:
Well seeing as how everyone and their mom is passing you by on the other part of the freeway I'd say you're going too slow bro.
View Quote

55 mph speed limit on that OFF-RAMP.  Check my GPS.  Too slow for you?  I guess it was for that maniac.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:14:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Nickel_Plated:
OP, can't you see that all you do is slow him down. And he's trying to get to the other side of town?
View Quote

Apparently
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:19:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By eracer:

55 mph speed limit on that OFF-RAMP.  Check my GPS.  Too slow for you?  I guess it was for that maniac.
View Quote

It is weird..... as soon as he passed you, you sped up.

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:20:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Speed up, if you're speed doesn't start with a 9 then you're going too slow.

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:20:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I like it when those videos have a happy ending and either a cop is right there or the asshole loses control and bounces his car off the cement wall .
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:30:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Why did you lightly move over to partially block him? It's not your road. If someone is breaking the law or appears to be, you're not the police. Maybe they had an emergency.

This reminds me of something that happened a few weeks ago to me. It was the weekend of the eclipse and I was driving south. I get on I-57 out of Chicagoland and my brake line blows right when I hit a small traffic jam. I get over to the shoulder and sure enough it's the brake line. At that point I proceed to drive on the shoulder about 10mph to get to the nearest exit. Some dickhead in the right lane must have thought 1) he owned the road and the shoulder and 2) I was trying to get passed traffic by appearing to have car problems  , because this asshole starts swerving into the shoulder to prevent me from moving past him. This went on for a half mile until we reached the exit and he decided to fully get back in the right lane. Window went down with a big middle finger fuck you to this guy out my driver's side window. I hope he felt like an asshole when he saw I was actually exiting. And yes, my hazards were on.

Don't be like that guy no matter how much you're offended by other people's driving.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:37:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Who hasn’t had that thought when behind some 40mph on ramp idler?

OP, throttle’s that skinny pedal on the right.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:43:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By 19Charlie278:
I see this everyday in Nashville
View Quote
came here to post this.

In fact, I have a video of someone getting off from the HOV lane, so, that's crossing what? 5 lanes no-notice(?) from a couple of days ago. If they would let us direct upload clips, I might indulge.

Thread legal: it's fun to drive like a maniac. I highly recommend it if you have the means. Also, GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE LEFT LANE.

I think that covers it

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:47:24 PM EDT
[#10]
dude, I had to pee.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:48:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Furyataurus:
Speed up, if you're speed doesn't start with a 9 then you're going too slow.

View Quote
We can be road buddies. I don't even care if I have to be the rabbit the whole way
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:54:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Making your rent payment is serious biz.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:58:00 PM EDT
[#13]

It was a pretty nice coincidence.
View Quote

Maybe he’d caught his old lady messing around.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:59:47 PM EDT
[#14]
LOL.  Odds are traffic was stopped up ahead.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:12:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By 15jonshoot:
In a construction zone last week. Cruise set at construction zone limit, guy pulls out and passes two of us -  crossing the solid no passing lines on a curve.
He scared the oncoming traffic pretty good. No cop around unfortunately.

View Quote

They're never around when you want them to be.  I actually prefer finding the asshole wrapped around a pole a few miles ahead, barring no passengers of course.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:02:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Bronsonburner:
People everywhere are going fucking insane and the roads show it perfectly.
View Quote

That is certainly the case in Florida.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:09:43 PM EDT
[#17]
I reheard what you said in Hank Hills voice.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:14:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Had to make sure that wasnt me
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:21:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By McGuy:
I live on a narrow hilly county road, twice in the last month I've been passed on blind hills by dipshits. Would be great if a deputy happened to be coming up the other side of the hill.
View Quote
We call that a clue.

If you meet an asshole on the way to work...if you meet an asshole every day on your way to work...
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:27:43 PM EDT
[#20]
One time, I picked my dad up from the airport and was driving towards down town kansas city. Two miles from the big interchange, I move to the left lane in anticipation of a left exit, and tell my dad how the drivers go from friendly to crazy a few miles from down town. Not 10 seconds later, the exact scenario in OP happened to me. It really helped my point.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:30:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PhotonKV] [#21]
In my fantasy mind, I follow these assholes home, park a ways away and wait.
Then I go cut off their valve stems and leave a note that says “ not so fast, ASSHOLE!”
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:35:45 AM EDT
[#22]
Two full pages, and not one person has asked the question that has baffled me since the moment he passed me.

How the fuck did he squeeze that car between my truck/trailer and that barrier?  It seems to defy the laws of physics.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:38:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By UV18:
View Quote

You see something intentional.  It was a simple unconscious reaction.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:39:42 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By high_order1:
came here to post this.

In fact, I have a video of someone getting off from the HOV lane, so, that's crossing what? 5 lanes no-notice(?) from a couple of days ago. If they would let us direct upload clips, I might indulge.

Thread legal: it's fun to drive like a maniac. I highly recommend it if you have the means. Also, GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE LEFT LANE.

I think that covers it.
View Quote

Please point out the right lane option in my video.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:40:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By nolan7120:
Why did you lightly move over to partially block him? It's not your road. If someone is breaking the law or appears to be, you're not the police. Maybe they had an emergency.

This reminds me of something that happened a few weeks ago to me. It was the weekend of the eclipse and I was driving south. I get on I-57 out of Chicagoland and my brake line blows right when I hit a small traffic jam. I get over to the shoulder and sure enough it's the brake line. At that point I proceed to drive on the shoulder about 10mph to get to the nearest exit. Some dickhead in the right lane must have thought 1) he owned the road and the shoulder and 2) I was trying to get passed traffic by appearing to have car problems  , because this asshole starts swerving into the shoulder to prevent me from moving past him. This went on for a half mile until we reached the exit and he decided to fully get back in the right lane. Window went down with a big middle finger fuck you to this guy out my driver's side window. I hope he felt like an asshole when he saw I was actually exiting. And yes, my hazards were on.

Don't be like that guy no matter how much you're offended by other people's driving.
View Quote

You're seeing what you want to see.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:10:26 PM EDT
[#26]

Please point out the right lane option in my video.
View Quote
oh, no, that wasn't directed at you. More of a general directive, especially if you (the reader) hold a CDL.

I have gone through the seven stages of grief watching people at or below the speed limit stack half a dozen cars up in both lanes of I40.

I can't say what possessed them to believe that was their clear shot around you to freedom. Unless you have rear camera footage, we may never know if they just drive it like it's about to be repo'd anyway, or if you had been clogging traffic and they finally snapped.

No way to know, no defense to what they did.

It was amazing driving during covid, though. Absolutely no one on any road, period.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:44:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By denverdan:

On what appears to be a single lane road? Do explain please.
View Quote

Pull over.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:57:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Kanati:
We call that a clue.

If you meet an asshole on the way to work...if you meet an asshole every day on your way to work...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Kanati:
I live on a narrow hilly county road, twice in the last month I've been passed on blind hills by dipshits. Would be great if a deputy happened to be coming up the other side of the hill.
We call that a clue.

It's really not a good road to go 70 on, besides, it's two miles from one end to the other.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:01:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Karma will get him. Then he’ll  be on the side  of the road with his flashers on broken down.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:01:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Sleepym4:
Karma will get him. Then he’ll be upside down on the side of the road with his flashers on broken down.
View Quote

Fixed.

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:24:35 PM EDT
[#31]
He's late for his meeting with his meth dealer.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:31:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Powderfinger:
View Quote

The one who passed me a few days ago pulled in to the weed dispensary.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:32:26 PM EDT
[#33]
It really is over, holy fuck.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:34:03 PM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DDalton:
Slower
Traffic
Keep
Right

Cowboy Lane Bitches!

(not an attack)
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:38:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Could have been a grandma with her grandchild who just got a nose bleed

just saying

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:48:02 PM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

I wonder why?
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:58:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:59:28 PM EDT
[#38]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Powderfinger:

Hey man, it was closing time and I wasn't going to make it until morning without my maui wowie mango tango gummies!
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 6:02:37 PM EDT
[#39]
I also see the dash cam vehicle drift to the left to stop the car from passing instead of giving some room to lessen the chance of a collision.  Just an observation, of course i dont think what the car did was right.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:37:25 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By WhirlyGirl45:

I wonder why?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By WhirlyGirl45:

I wonder why?

I realized I was going 4 mph too slow for the prevailing conditions?
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:42:38 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By poisontree:
I also see the dash cam vehicle drift to the left to stop the car from passing instead of giving some room to lessen the chance of a collision.  Just an observation, of course i dont think what the car did was right.
View Quote

You guys are unbelievable.

Drifting a little when pulling a trailer happens.  Hell, drifting a little happens - period.  Did I cross the yellow line?  No.
I admit I caught a glimpse of him in my side mirror just as he was zooming up between me and the barrier.  But I did NOT consciously veer left.  Had I wanted to cut him off I would have ended up causing an accident.  But I wouldn't do something that stupid with a maniac a half-second from being next to me with nothing but metal and concrete 6 inches from either side of his vehicle.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:54:24 AM EDT
[#42]
You should be at the same speed (or faster) merging on the highway.
Looks like everything is passing you.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:58:40 AM EDT
[#43]

You guys are unbelievable.

Drifting a little when pulling a trailer happens.  Hell, drifting a little happens - period.  Did I cross the yellow line?  No.
I admit I caught a glimpse of him in my side mirror just as he was zooming up between me and the barrier.  But I did NOT consciously veer left.  Had I wanted to cut him off I would have ended up causing an accident.  But I wouldn't do something that stupid with a maniac a half-second from being next to me with nothing but metal and concrete 6 inches from either side of his vehicle.
View Quote

Some people just HAVE to start a conflict. Nothing you did was wrong, period. The driver was an idiot, breaking the law, and deserves to have their car repossessed.

Hell the other day I watched an arab immigrant throw his vape pen trash right out his window in the grocery store parking lot and walk inside. I walked over, picked it up, and superglued it to his windshield. Fuck him, fuck his third world attitude, as well as anyone who tolerates such behavior. But see if I posted that here, I’d almost certainly get 3 pages of “never okay to touch another man’s car!!1” and “muhh property!!”

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:04:08 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:07:20 AM EDT
[#45]
Speed up a little bit to merging speed before you need to merge Grandpa.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:09:59 AM EDT
[#46]
sorry dude, but I was tired of being stuck behind you. The last five miles you driving 10mph under the speed limit with your turn signal on were just too much I couldn't take it anymore.

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:14:03 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By swolliepop:
otw home this afternoon, had this guy cut a line of at least 25 cars at stoplight (single lane, left) and cut in front of me at a red light.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/521760/IMG_0989_jpeg-3198709.JPG
View Quote

Time for a shitbox 250. I can't tell you how many people hit me in ATL and dipped when I said "let's let the cops figure it out."
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:16:39 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Pair_of_ACES:

The cops are legally allowed to lie to us to get shit done.

Seems to me that he’s simply using the same tactic to accelerate their response.

Again, not my horse not my wagon.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FuriousYachtsman:
Originally Posted By tifosi:
I know a guy who, when dealing with lunacy like that, would call the police and report a road rage driver waving a weapon around. I have no doubt that more than a few were actually armed and probably paid dearly for their poor impulse control behind the wheel..

Why the emoji? That's fucking brilliant.

Lying to the police about a crime is brilliant?

Seems to me that he’s simply using the same tactic to accelerate their response.

So you're fine with a guy catching a brandiahing charge he doesn't deserve, because he pissed you off. You sound like you support the second amendment, but...
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:22:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: shack357] [#49]

Some people just HAVE to start a conflict. Nothing you did was wrong, period. The driver was an idiot, breaking the law, and deserves to have their car repossessed.

Hell the other day I watched an arab immigrant throw his vape pen trash right out his window in the grocery store parking lot and walk inside. I walked over, picked it up, and superglued it to his windshield. Fuck him, fuck his third world attitude, as well as anyone who tolerates such behavior. But see if I posted that here, I’d almost certainly get 3 pages of “never okay to touch another man’s car!!1” and “muhh property!!”

View Quote

"Some people just have to start a conflict"-

You mean like the guy gluing shit to someone's windshield?

I hate vandals a lot more than I hate litterbugs.

Why didn't you have the balls to hand the garbage to him and say something, instead of just gluing it to his car?
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:32:55 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By shack357:

So you're fine with a guy catching a brandiahing charge he doesn't deserve, because he pissed you off. You sound like you support the second amendment, but...
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By shack357:
Originally Posted By tifosi:
I know a guy who, when dealing with lunacy like that, would call the police and report a road rage driver waving a weapon around. I have no doubt that more than a few were actually armed and probably paid dearly for their poor impulse control behind the wheel..

Why the emoji? That's fucking brilliant.

Lying to the police about a crime is brilliant?

Big difference between ‘pissing someone off’ in traffic and ‘driving in a way that puts lives at risk every 30 seconds’

And yes, I’m fine with it.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top