Even Gavin's throwing shade lol

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:07:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:07:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By VeritatisUnus:
She killed a dog and a goat. So what, why the outrage?

View Quote

This is her "Profiles In Courage" bit for her new book to promote herself for upward mobility in politics.

She was asked to put stuff in there about "having to make hard choices" and "how she's different from other politicians." The whole point of the book is to position herself as the anti-establishment shoe in for VP candidate selection.

The irony is that she didn't make any hard decisions.  She merely simplified her life by killing two problems when she got angry enough.  And then telling her daughter, who's vote doesn't count, to deal with it, because it just needed doing.

In other words ... she's just like every other politician out there.  

[Save for maybe pursuing the stuff against Ravnsborg - but the evidence in that case was so toxic that she really didn't have any other choice]
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:13:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By dirtyboy:

I generally used a .22, except on cattle then used a .357.
Wonder who actually wrote the book and if they were supposed to include those parts?  Meanwhile, as another R fails the purity test, the other side celebrates killing babies as a basic right.
View Quote

She didn’t fail the purity test. She failed the competence test.

This will only scare off middle of the road voters either side needs to win. She should have STFUed. Any defending of her will farther push the undecided voters away.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:14:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By ZW17:

This is EXACTLY why conservatives cannot win and our way of life is disappearing.

We should not roast her, we need to rally around her.
View Quote

Why the fuck would I want to rally around somebody who can’t make a real decision on keeping Troons out of girls sports?
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:18:17 PM EDT
[#6]

This is EXACTLY why conservatives cannot win and our way of life is disappearing.

View Quote

We can’t win because we elect leaders who thinks it’s appropriate to write about offing their own dog, simply  because they are South Dakota 8’s with tits. You can say the same about the whore from Colorado.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:19:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Word on the street is that the meeting location for next Wednesday's VP Vetting Interview Process Round 1, has been changed from "3rd Floor Conference Room A" to "Gravel Pit".
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:19:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Naamah:

Has nothing to do with her being a woman.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Naamah:
Originally Posted By SavedByTheBlood:
Republicans just love to shoot themselves in the foot! Seriously why write about that?

Trump VP contender Kristi Noem writes of killing dog – and goat – in new book

“Cricket was a wirehair pointer, about 14 months old,” the South Dakota governor writes in a new book, adding that the dog, a female, had an “aggressive personality” and needed to be trained to be used for hunting pheasant.
What unfolds over the next few pages shows how that effort went very wrong indeed – and, remarkably, how Cricket was not the only domestic animal Noem chose to kill one day in hunting season.

She includes her story about the ill-fated Cricket, she says, to illustrate her willingness, in politics as well as in South Dakota life, to do anything “difficult, messy and ugly” if it simply needs to be done.
By taking Cricket on a pheasant hunt with older dogs, Noem says, she hoped to calm the young dog down and begin to teach her how to behave. Unfortunately, Cricket ruined the hunt, going “out of her mind with excitement, chasing all those birds and having the time of her life”.
Noem describes calling Cricket, then using an electronic collar to attempt to bring her under control. Nothing worked.

“I hated that dog,” Noem writes, adding that Cricket had proved herself “untrainable”, “dangerous to anyone she came in contact with” and “less than worthless … as a hunting dog”.
“At that moment,” Noem says, “I realised I had to put her down.”
Noem, who also represented her state in Congress for eight years, got her gun, then led Cricket to a gravel pit.

“It was not a pleasant job,” she writes, “but it had to be done. And after it was over, I realised another unpleasant job needed to be done.”
Incredibly, Noem’s tale of slaughter is not finished.
Her family, she writes, also owned a male goat that was “nasty and mean”, because it had not been castrated. Furthermore, the goat smelled “disgusting, musky, rancid” and “loved to chase” Noem’s children, knocking them down and ruining their clothes.
Noem decided to kill the unnamed goat the same way she had just killed Cricket the dog. But though she “dragged him to a gravel pit”, the goat jumped as she shot and therefore survived the wound. Noem says she went back to her truck, retrieved another shell, then “hurried back to the gravel pit and put him down”.

This is why women don’t belong in politics and leadership positions imho. Sounds like she got all emotionally overwhelmed and went on a killing spree.

Has nothing to do with her being a woman.

It has everything to do with being a woman
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:20:13 PM EDT
[#9]
You can kill babies………but cannot kill a maniac dog.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:24:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Wineraner] [#10]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CzechMate5:

She deserves to be endlessly roasted

By everyone

For being that fucking stupid?!  So stupid, that I can't imagine it wasn't intentional?  Seriously, who reads that as an editor, and thinks, "Great look, Kristi!  That'll really impress people with your abilities!"  At least with Romney's dog gatfe (Edit, Freudian slip.  I can't type out a 'be shitty to dogs' story without unconsciously typing, "atf," somewhere...)

But anyway, with him, you might be able to think he was trying to get in front of a story and spin it (otherwise, it's about as stupid too.)  But this?!?  Did someone have Noem on tape telling this tale---like at a family gathering---and was threatening to release it?

I've been on farms.  I get that animals are tools, and shit happens.  (There is a story involving me, a deer rifle, learning height above bore the hard way, and eventually killing the possum with an ax, but I'm not running for office.)

Either sabotage or incompetence so glaring, she should be dropped from consideration.  Which might be the point.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:29:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BuckeyeRifleman] [#11]

View Quote

Sorry man, it doesn’t take a PHD in poltical science to know that this was gonna be a major disaster with the average voter. To further the offense, this was a published piece, not an off the cuff interview comment. It took forethought to put it out there in the first place.

This was grade A stupidity, and we don’t have time for grade A stupidity. We have an obligation as Americans to call out politicians when they are stupid, regardless of party. Rallying behind them just because they are on “our side” is what got us in this mess.

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:33:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By L_JE:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By L_JE:
Originally Posted By SamBoga:
Even Gavin's throwing shade lol

Ohhh hahahaha very good! I mean Gavin only has other people kill his tax payers.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:33:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Drsalee:
View Quote

Dude I wouldn't exactly call it a maniac dog just a 14 month old expensive bird dog that wasn't working out .

Sounds like her daughter was attached to "crickets " because she asked where he was right off the school bus so she liked
playing with him
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:34:55 PM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

We should not rally around, nor should we support stupidity. Why in God’s name “legitimate kill or not“ would you talk about this? This is so beyond dumb in the decision-making department.

This little story of hers might resonate with the handful of farmers that exist, however, those individuals, pale and comparison to the non-farmers that were on the fence and have officially picked the other side. Furthermore, this dingbat has given Democrats that much more ammunition against conservatives.

For fucks sake
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:36:00 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote

No one is saying you can’t kill a dangerous dog. What everyone is saying is how stupid do you have to be to post it on the campaign Trail?
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:37:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By MaddMan:
The dog should have been put down and doing it the way she did was fine. She should have known better than to have put it in a book. We have too many who saved who types.
View Quote

So shooting a dog just because she didn't like it is OK, but admitting to it print was bad?

Fucking clown logic.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:39:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By AEROMechanic:

No one is saying you can’t kill a dangerous dog. What everyone is saying is how stupid do you have to be to post it on the campaign Trail?
View Quote

Honestly I really don't believe it even tried to bite her just that she was having a bad day and a ruined hunt by the dog
and the chickens was the last straw
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:41:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Papposilenus] [#18]

No one is saying you can't kill a dangerous dog. What everyone is saying is how stupid do you have to be to post it on the campaign Trail?
View All Quotes
You can kill babies   but cannot kill a maniac dog.

No one is saying you can't kill a dangerous dog. What everyone is saying is how stupid do you have to be to post it on the campaign Trail?

especially when the reason youre being considered for VP is probably to appeal to middle class suburban women who have difficultly stomaching Trump.

The Farm Stronk vote was in the bag
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:43:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Remember Mittens bragging about his dog in a crate shitting diarrhea on the car roof?
No dog was harmed, and it's a funny story within the family, but....

In this instance, there's probably 100,000 people right here on Arfcom who would gleefully take a free 14 m-o GWP bitch, happy, exuberant, and bird crazy as described in the OP.  (I would, and would still keep her even if I couldn't make her settle down and point properly)
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:44:19 PM EDT
[#20]
What a stupid bitch .
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:46:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By PepePewPew:
Remember Mittens bragging about his dog in a crate shitting diarrhea on the car roof?

In this instance, there's probably 100,000 people right here on Arfcom who would gleefully take a free 14 m-o GWP bitch, happy, exuberant, and bird crazy as described in the OP.  (I would, and would still keep her even if I couldn't make her settle down and point properly)
View Quote

That's the thing she didn't buy it to be a pet but yeah she could have easily  gave it to family looking for a family dog .
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:48:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Alembic:

So shooting a dog just because she didn't like it is OK, but admitting to it print was bad?

Fucking clown logic.
View All Quotes
The dog should have been put down and doing it the way she did was fine. She should have known better than to have put it in a book. We have too many who saved who types.

Fucking clown logic.

People in the rural areas in this state kill nuisance dogs and dogs they don’t like all the time.  So yes it is Ok.  Admitting it when running for office with all the Karens today is a bad move politically

Or even admitting it all just brings trouble.  Just do it and dont say anything about it to draw attention to yourself
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:52:32 PM EDT
[#23]
I grew up on a farm and shot probably 4-5 dozen strays, and this sounds nuts. Admitting to being totally unable to train or manage your animals before getting exasperated and going on a killing spree isn't competent or well-adjusted behavior.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:54:37 PM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

Unfortunately this account was so offensive to me that I don’t care what happens to her anymore. I certainly would not rally around her. I can’t even say I’m indifferent to her. At this point I find her objectionable. I can’t imagine she has much of a political career ahead of her.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:56:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By JMD:

People in the rural areas in this state kill nuisance dogs and dogs they don’t like all the time.  So yes it is Ok.  Admitting it when running for office with all the Karens today is a bad move politically

Or even admitting it all just brings trouble.  Just do it and dont say anything about it to draw attention to yourself
View Quote

No it's not alright to go around and kill animals just because you don't like them , how is it that republicans come

off as not being very compassionate people ?  maybe if they showed some understanding of peoples difficulties they may get some more votes .

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:58:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Lol.   I’ve been warning you all about her.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:02:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Dissident:
View Quote

Well I guess it doesn't matter now

Trump won't pick her after this

at least I don't think he will .

She's your governor so I can't say much but I really liked her and thought she would have been a good VP choice
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:05:51 PM EDT
[#28]
View Quote

But but, she’s salt of the earth and “Farm Stronk”!
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:06:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By PepePewPew:

View Quote

Holy shit, the stories about either Osprey's or Paul's adventures with the Draathaar puppy.  Which isn't a GWP, but close enough in crazy and bitey.  As a former Weim staffer, I definitely related...  But no, I never was about to shoot my dog.  

Don't have bird dogs in close prox to chickens would be a good start.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:13:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By ranging-by-zipcode:

She's your governor so I can't say much but I really liked her and thought she would have been a good VP choice
View Quote

Trumps only real option in Ronnie D. Picking Ron will guarantee Florida and probably bring better unity to the party. Plus I think Ron will be good behind the scenes managing Trump and the Senate as VP.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:15:16 PM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

No...no it's not.

No...no we don't.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:15:29 PM EDT
[#32]

Trumps only real option in Ronnie D. Picking Ron will guarantee Florida and probably bring better unity to the party. Plus I think Ron will be good behind the scenes managing Trump and the Senate as VP.
View Quote

DeSantis would be an excellent VP pick
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:16:12 PM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

Ronnie cant be trumps pick, unless one of em moves...
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:19:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Harmonic_Distortion] [#34]
Originally Posted By daveo:

Ronnie cant be trumps pick, unless one of em moves...
View Quote

he is picking Tulsi
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:22:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Harmonic_Distortion:

he is picking Tulsi
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:25:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Reminds me of Mitt Romney being so out of touch that he thought it was normal to put the family dog in a cage on a roof of the car on family road trips.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:26:15 PM EDT
[#37]
She's been tainted ever since she got bent over by that weasel Corey Lewandowski. She's a skank ho
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:26:54 PM EDT
[#38]
That’s farm life.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:27:27 PM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

FL is going for Trump anyways. He just has to avoid shit talking the governor. FL needs DeSantis to stay as governor and keep driving liberals out of the state
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:32:22 PM EDT
[#40]
View Quote

It cracks me up that some people think she’s some living off the land farmer.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:43:57 PM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes

Someone'll need to change residency.  Plus I don't see DeSantis doing it.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:58:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: muddywings] [#42]
Double tap glitch
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:58:52 PM EDT
[#43]
This will help MAGA with suburban white women.

Why is MAGA so fn retarded?
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:01:37 PM EDT
[#44]
She’s nuts
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:06:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: muddywings] [#45]

Fucking clown logic.
View All Quotes

Fucking clown logic.

No. Its called politics. This is why we keep losing since we got lucky in 2016 running against the most vile woman in politics.

This is just a clear indication how stupid MAGA and the clowns are.

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:10:47 PM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

Trump likes "strong authority figures" who can "make tough decisions." She may have thought this would appeal to him in a VP. "You better fall in line or Kristi will walk your smiling ass to the gravel pit!"
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:11:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By dirtyboy:

I've shot dogs for chasing my cattle.  Also put a couple down that were too old/sick and in pain.  Must be nice to live in your world and judge others.
View Quote

The OP left out the part where the dog did anything other than be a shitty hunting dog.  Going after someone else's livestock is a shootable offense.  Being a shitty hunting dog isn't.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:12:49 PM EDT
[#48]
What a fucking idiot.

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:14:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By JupiterMaximus:

And they don’t read the full article describing the feral/aggresive nature of this particular dog. We are Idiocracy.
View Quote

That's on the OP for selectively quoting the article.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:21:51 PM EDT
[#50]
While in this case…I think she could have found that dog a good home…most of you would shit your pants if you knew what it took to breed these dogs into fruition.  Line breeding isn’t a pretty business in modern times…in the not too distant past most hunting dogs would be culled for far less.  

Specialty breeds wouldn’t exist without culling out animals exhibiting less than desirable traits.
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top