Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 14
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:30:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By beardog30:
While in this case…I think she could have found that dog a good home…most of you would shit your pants if you knew what it took to breed these dogs into fruition.  Line breeding isn’t a pretty business in modern times…in the not too distant past most hunting dogs would be culled for far less.  

Specialty breeds wouldn’t exist without culling out animals exhibiting less than desirable traits.
View Quote

No need to kill a dog just because he's untrainable ,find him a loving family to go to it's not that hard .
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:31:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PDP_Main] [#2]
If you can't pull your weight, you shouldn't use up the tribes provisions.

I guess a lot of folks think she should have taken it several miles away and dropped it off on the street.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:38:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By ranging-by-zipcode:

Well I guess it doesn't matter now

Trump won't pick her after this

at least I don't think he will .

She's your governor so I can't say much but I really liked her and thought she would have been a good VP choice
View Quote

Trump was never going to pick her.  She brings nothing to the table as VP.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:46:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: beardog30] [#4]
Originally Posted By cranberry1:

No need to kill a dog just because he's untrainable ,find him a loving family to go to it's not that hard .
View Quote

You wouldn’t have the working breeds you have today if that were accurate.

Selective breeding is not a nice process.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:48:35 PM EDT
[#5]
If she thought telling that story would get her more votes than it will cost her, she is a special kind of stupid.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:51:16 PM EDT
[#6]

View Quote

It's not hard get the dog neutered .
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:53:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By L_JE:
She killed the dog because it wouldn't hunt the way she expected.  It wasn't that the dog was a danger to people, or a menace to animals on the farm.  She bought an expensive dog, it didn't meet her price tag expectations, so she dragged her off to be shot after coming back from her failed hunt.  The dog fucked up her hunt, not Noem, herself, but the dog fucked it up.  Then she immediately goes and grabs a goat that's been a pain in the ass and does the same thing.

She bought a high dollar dog.  Thought a checkbook was a substitute for training.  And got pissed off at all the wrong animals.
View Quote

Wow!  Were you there?
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:12:18 PM EDT
[#8]

It's not hard get the dog neutered .
View Quote

Not feasible from a financial sense where line breeding is a business.  Sit on your moral high ground all you want but the reality is, purpose bred dogs wouldn’t exist without culling of animals that display undesirable behaviors.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:14:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Dumb bitch.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:15:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Nick_Adams] [#10]
It’s still Trump/Noem 2024.

Get with the program, skags.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:18:44 PM EDT
[#11]
weapons grade cunt
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:20:28 PM EDT
[#12]
I think that’s a little harsh.

I bought a bird dog from a breeder I knew and hunted with. Great dogs.
Had high hopes.

He trained well with scent, but shooting over him was very different. He’d pee himself. Don’t know why. But he was gun shy.
I didn’t put him down, he was a family pet.

But not all animals are pets.

If your cow doesn’t do what you bought it for? It’s an expense that needs to be ended.
Same with goats. Sheep. Pigs. Chickens.

And working dogs.

Where she is, who’s adopting an untrainable dog? Would you?
You could take it to the pound/shelter I guess. But it probably ends up euthanized. What’s gained?

I’ve put down a dog. But being more pet owner than working animal owner, it was very hard.
I’ll never do it again, but I’m not in her shoes.

I cut her some slack, and give her credit for being able to do the needful.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:21:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By ZW17:

This is EXACTLY why conservatives cannot win and our way of life is disappearing.

We should not roast her, we need to rally around her.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CzechMate5:

She deserves to be endlessly roasted

By everyone

This is EXACTLY why conservatives cannot win and our way of life is disappearing.

We should not roast her, we need to rally around her.

That's what GD said about Boebert too.....that worked out real well.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:21:32 PM EDT
[#14]

Not feasible from a financial sense where line breeding is a business.  Sit on your moral high ground all you want but the reality is, purpose bred dogs wouldn’t exist without culling of animals that display undesirable behaviors.
View Quote

It's a good job I'm not in charge because you'd be sitting in a jail cell on animal cruelty charges .
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:22:49 PM EDT
[#15]

View All Quotes

I don't think she is a breeder though, just an idiot that apparently can't train her dog.

If she really cared about the breed she would have returned it to the breeder and they would have chosen the best course of action.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:26:18 PM EDT
[#16]

Honestly I really don't believe it even tried to bite her just that she was having a bad day and a ruined hunt by the dog
and the chickens was the last straw
View Quote

Have you ever tried pulling a dog out of a fight or as it's attacking something.  I'd say the odds are MORE likely the dog will turn to bite you.  Instinct is a bitch sometimes.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:29:47 PM EDT
[#17]

Who cares
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:30:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By MedmanKS:
I think that’s a little harsh.

I bought a bird dog from a breeder I knew and hunted with. Great dogs.
Had high hopes.

He trained well with scent, but shooting over him was very different. He’d pee himself. Don’t know why. But he was gun shy.
I didn’t put him down, he was a family pet.

But not all animals are pets.

If your cow doesn’t do what you bought it for? It’s an expense that needs to be ended.
Same with goats. Sheep. Pigs. Chickens.

And working dogs.

Where she is, who’s adopting an untrainable dog? Would you?
You could take it to the pound/shelter I guess. But it probably ends up euthanized. What’s gained?

I’ve put down a dog. But being more pet owner than working animal owner, it was very hard.
I’ll never do it again, but I’m not in her shoes.

I cut her some slack, and give her credit for being able to do the needful.
View Quote

She took the easy way out on it that's all she did . It's not fair to say un trainable
It's probably fair to say an un trainable bird hunting dog ...it happens with hunting dogs

To say she couldn't find a home for the dog as a family pet ? come on you know she would have been able to with no trouble .

Governor has a 14 month old dog that isn't a good fit for a hunting dog but needs a home as a family pet

If her aid posted that she would have been flooded with families who would have taken it ..
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:30:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By _Redacted_:

Have you ever tried pulling a dog out of a fight or as it's attacking something.  I'd say the odds are MORE likely the dog will turn to bite you.  Instinct is a bitch sometimes.
View All Quotes

Honestly I really don't believe it even tried to bite her just that she was having a bad day and a ruined hunt by the dog
and the chickens was the last straw

Knowing the breed, my best guess is that she wasn't the dog's "person". The dog probably didn't even like her that much. Hard to get a dog with "aloof" as a breed trait to mind if it doesn't like you.

My dad had a female coonhound that refused to hunt when I went. She wouldn't leave the truck, and if she did she would slick tree. If I went home, she would hunt like normal. He could only take the dog out solo or she would just be a giant bitch.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:38:17 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

You want to believe it tried to bite her then believe it  either way the dog was shot

I think she was pissed off after that hunt and fed up with the dog and the chickens were the topping on the cake .

Same thing with the goat
After she shot the dog she was fuck it I'm getting rid of that fucking goat to

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:42:26 PM EDT
[#21]

She took the easy way out on it that's all she did . It's not fair to say un trainable
It's probably fair to say an un trainable bird hunting dog ...it happens with hunting dogs

To say she couldn't find a home for the dog as a family pet ? come on you know she would have been able to with no trouble .

Governor has a 14 month old dog that isn't a good fit for a hunting dog but needs a home as a family pet

If her aid posted that she would have been flooded with families who would have taken it ..
View Quote

You’re assuming a lot.
Would it be a good family pet?
What’s the market for that where she is?
Are people who don’t buy ‘hunting dogs’ for hunting buying them for pets?

We don’t know.
I love dogs as much as anyone. Period.
But I understand utility. And necessity.

I’m not driving from the back seat.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:44:09 PM EDT
[#22]

View Quote

That’s what I got out of the article that the dog wasn’t a good hunting dog not untrainable lots of dogs flunk out of police academy training doesn’t mean that they are untrainable with basic commands just can’t sniff out drugs or explosives.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:45:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By MedmanKS:

You’re assuming a lot.
Would it be a good family pet?
What’s the market for that where she is?
Are people who don’t buy ‘hunting dogs’ for hunting buying them for pets?

We don’t know.
I love dogs as much as anyone. Period.
But I understand utility. And necessity.

I’m not driving from the back seat.
View Quote

Her daughter seemed to love it so yeah it would probably make a good family dog and who said anything about selling it .

Give it away
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:50:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: beardog30] [#24]

It's a good job I'm not in charge because you'd be sitting in a jail cell on animal cruelty charges .
View Quote

My dogs live a Cush life, but just because my dogs are treated better, doesn’t mean their existence isn’t owed to line breeding practices like what happened in the OP
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:51:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By JKH62:
You can tell the people that spent zero time on a farm.
View Quote

Ain't that the truth??
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:51:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By sitdwnandhngon:

I don't think she is a breeder though, just an idiot that apparently can't train her dog.

If she really cared about the breed she would have returned it to the breeder and they would have chosen the best course of action.
View Quote

Best course…agree 100%

But it be hypocritical to bash her for what is essentially part of the line breeding process.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:58:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Dog needed killing
Had a friend in the 80’s buy a coon dog for 800 dollars .
It would not hunt or could not hunt.
One day it was gone.  He killed it
800 dollars was a lot of money in 1981.
You could buy a nice Rolex GMT master for less than 800.
Ronnie could not stand or feed a useless dog.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:59:00 PM EDT
[#28]

No it's not alright to go around and kill animals just because you don't like them , how is it that republicans come

off as not being very compassionate people ?  maybe if they showed some understanding of peoples difficulties they may get some more votes .

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JMD:

People in the rural areas in this state kill nuisance dogs and dogs they don’t like all the time.  So yes it is Ok.  Admitting it when running for office with all the Karens today is a bad move politically

Or even admitting it all just brings trouble.  Just do it and dont say anything about it to draw attention to yourself

No it's not alright to go around and kill animals just because you don't like them , how is it that republicans come

off as not being very compassionate people ?  maybe if they showed some understanding of peoples difficulties they may get some more votes .

rofl says the New Yorker who lives on another fucking planet than real people.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:59:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By SavedByTheBlood:

Trumps only real option in Ronnie D. Picking Ron will guarantee Florida and probably bring better unity to the party. Plus I think Ron will be good behind the scenes managing Trump and the Senate as VP.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SavedByTheBlood:

Well I guess it doesn't matter now

Trump won't pick her after this

at least I don't think he will .

She's your governor so I can't say much but I really liked her and thought she would have been a good VP choice

Trumps only real option in Ronnie D. Picking Ron will guarantee Florida and probably bring better unity to the party. Plus I think Ron will be good behind the scenes managing Trump and the Senate as VP.

Can't.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:59:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Harmonic_Distortion:

he is picking Tulsi
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Harmonic_Distortion:
Originally Posted By daveo:

Ronnie cant be trumps pick, unless one of em moves...

he is picking Tulsi

Realistically Tulsi would be a phenomenal pick.  So he's probably going to pick somebody else.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:01:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By MaddMan:
The dog should have been put down and doing it the way she did was fine. She should have known better than to have put it in a book. We have too many who saved who types.
View Quote

She is getting it out there before someone else does at the wrong time.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:03:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By sakohntr:
Animals are property. Let that sink in.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:04:40 PM EDT
[#33]

That’s what I got out of the article that the dog wasn’t a good hunting dog not untrainable lots of dogs flunk out of police academy training doesn’t mean that they are untrainable with basic commands just can’t sniff out drugs or explosives.
View Quote

She probably paid a good chunk of coin for it also . In her writings the first thing she talks about is her daughter getting off the bus and asking where " cricket" is

Obviously she played with dog as soon as she got home .

The dog sounds fine as a just a dog  but as a hunting dog that's another matter maybe .
Could have worked out with more training ?

Just reading her own words she was pissed off at the end of the day at the dog and the goat
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:05:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By BFskinner:

This isn't about understanding the realities of farm life, it is about the horrible judgement of a potential VP pick.
View All Quotes

This isn't about understanding the realities of farm life, it is about the horrible judgement of a potential VP pick.

These thread are great hunting for people to fill your ignore list.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:29:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By TEXASROOTERSBROTHER:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TEXASROOTERSBROTHER:

Having the opinion that writing an article where you admit to shooting a dog you couldn’t train is weapons grade stupid for someone trying win national political prominence, gets someone on your ignore list?

Talk about weak minded.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:36:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Gosh this whole "i'm a tough guy farmer thats how we do things, you city slickers just dont get it" cosplay is the most hilarious fake ass flex of them all on arfcom... need to add that to the "i'm all these cool things" copypasta

Like you aren't nearly all sitting in a suburban tract home just like the rest of us.  your fancy lawnmower and half a dozen potted plants doesn't make you a Subsistence farmer.

and if you work on/for/own a farm, congratulations... you bring a product to market in a capitalist* supply/demand system with unique challenges, just like the rest of us (be it with our hands, mind, product produced/grown whatever).... doesn't make you special.  Perhaps you can educate this white-collar no-nothing girly-handed city-slicker on how blasting your failed hunting dog is part of the unique challenge of agribusiness.

*curios how so many "rural conservative pro capitalist real-America(tm) red states" sure LOVE them some farm subsidies...
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:42:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AdLucem] [#37]
irrespective of how one interprets her conduct, it was foolish to write about it without any indication that killing her dog was distasteful or regrettable, particularly because she is running for office. Why would she add that her childs first words were "where is cricket?" The only explanation that makes sense is that she knew this incident was out there and she wanted to get ahead of the story.  She certainly could have done a better job of clean up.....  another republican self destruct.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:46:10 PM EDT
[#38]
That’s farm life.
View Quote

This^^^^^^ On the farm you earn your keep or go bye bye. Same if the dog kills stock. I like her. Maybe she would handle lazy communists the same??? Pay your damned student loans off or do a stint in Ukraine or we loan you to the IDF….
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:54:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sitdwnandhngon] [#39]

Best course…agree 100%

But it be hypocritical to bash her for what is essentially part of the line breeding process.
View All Quotes

Best course…agree 100%

People are being hypocritical because her story as it's written describes lazy dog handling, and blames the dog for it's faults rather than the trainer.

Appearing to be proud of the act just makes it worse for her.

I can only think of a few very specific circumstances where you would shoot a dog, and an immature bird dog killing chickens in not one of those instances, not even close.

A dog that can't be trained is entirely different, but at 14 months with an unknown history of training, we can only really assume she was just mad and took it out on the dog that day. Not great optics for someone running for office.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:54:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Josh:

View All Quotes

People in the rural areas in this state kill nuisance dogs and dogs they don’t like all the time.  So yes it is Ok.  Admitting it when running for office with all the Karens today is a bad move politically

Or even admitting it all just brings trouble.  Just do it and dont say anything about it to draw attention to yourself

NY has great hunting for upland guys and houndsmen.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:05:49 AM EDT
[#41]

Some of you all have no fuc#$%ng clue what world farmers live in.

Dog bites human, dog dies. That's it.  Done. There is no "shelter".
View Quote
Yep, as it should be.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:05:53 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By deanwormer:
Gosh this whole "i'm a tough guy farmer thats how we do things, you city slickers just dont get it" cosplay is the most hilarious fake ass flex of them all on arfcom... need to add that to the "i'm all these cool things" copypasta

Like you aren't nearly all sitting in a suburban tract home just like the rest of us.  your fancy lawnmower and half a dozen potted plants doesn't make you a Subsistence farmer.

and if you work on/for/own a farm, congratulations... you bring a product to market in a capitalist* supply/demand system with unique challenges, just like the rest of us (be it with our hands, mind, product produced/grown whatever).... doesn't make you special.  Perhaps you can educate this white-collar no-nothing girly-handed city-slicker on how blasting your failed hunting dog is part of the unique challenge of agribusiness.

*curios how so many "rural conservative pro capitalist real-America(tm) red states" sure LOVE them some farm subsidies...
View Quote

Yeah it’s definitely a weird flex.

I’ve probably killed more animals than half the people this thread. That said I have a deep respect for the animals that I hunt and feed my family with. Sometimes that includes the unfortunate unpleasantries of putting down a mortally wounded deer as it stares me in the eye, knowing it’s fate.

Doing that isn’t fun, and it’s not something I openly discuss in mixed company. I certainly don’t brag about in public articles to tout my toughness, especially if I was running for office.

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:36:18 AM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes

Do you think that guy lives there and hunts?
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:37:18 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By BuckeyeRifleman:

I’ve probably killed more animals than half the people this thread. That said I have a deep respect for the animals that I hunt and feed my family with. Sometimes that includes the unfortunate unpleasantries of putting down a mortally wounded deer as it stares me in the eye, knowing it’s fate.

Doing that isn’t fun, and it’s not something I openly discuss in mixed company. I certainly don’t brag about in public articles to tout my toughness, especially if I was running for office.

View All Quotes

Nobody is "flexing" anything.

It's just facts.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:55:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BuckeyeRifleman] [#45]

It's just facts.
View All Quotes

It's just facts.

It’s a total flex and prideful ignorance.

Killing livestock and even dogs may indeed be an unpleasant part of farm life and selective breeding, but whether you like it or not to 85% of the country dogs are considered a beloved part of the family, not something to be discarded when they become inconvenient due to their owners incompetence.

This is the redneck equivalent of a black politician admitting they shot up the house of someone that disrespected them, then when invariably 85% of people think he’s a psychopath, claiming that the people flipping out about it just don’t understand hood life.

ETA it’s not the “facts” that are wrong, it’s the head in the sand egocentrism and ignorance of how the rest of the world will view it.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 1:06:51 AM EDT
[#46]

Killing livestock and even dogs may indeed be an unpleasant part of farm life and selective breeding, but whether you like it or not to 85% of the country dogs are considered a beloved part of the family, not something to be discarded when they become inconvenient due to their owners incompetence.

This is the redneck equivalent of a black politician admitting they shot up the house of someone that disrespected them, then when invariably 85% of people think he’s a psychopath, claiming that the people flipping out about it just don’t understand hood life.

ETA it’s not the “facts” that are wrong, it’s the head in the sand egocentrism and ignorance of how the rest of the world will view it.
View All Quotes

It's just facts.

No, it isn't.

You're making up some fantasy of a world to argue about.  

In fact your whole post is a bunch of pulled out of your ass numbers and made up straw men to argue with.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 1:48:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BuckeyeRifleman] [#47]

No, it isn't.

You're making up some fantasy of a world to argue about.  

In fact your whole post is a bunch of pulled out of your ass numbers and made up straw men to argue with.
View Quote

The only fantasy world in this thread is the one where folks think bragging about killing your daughters bird dog for… chasing birds is A) normal and B) not political suicide.

You can boast all you want about “Muh country livin” facts or not. But all you are really accomplishing is fulfilling negative stereotypes about rural white folks to middle of the road voters, losing them and the elections and SCOTUS justices that go with them.

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:46:43 AM EDT
[#48]
I’ve been a hard core Republican since I was 13, but the willful and spiteful ignorance coming from our “leadership” is extremely demoralizing.    

Nobody could be that stupid by accident.  It’s as if they don’t want to win.    Maybe they were paid to quit and lay down; destroy us from within. It’s the only thing that makes sense.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:52:42 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:18:26 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By The-White-Dog:

If she's a moron, yes.

The dog analogy is either made-up bullshit to make her sound tough, or it illustrates the complete failure of a hunter to adapt their training to the dog.

I've had GWP's my whole life, and my father had them for 50 years of his; they aren't untrainable. Some just require different methods and patience. If the dog had made it to 14 months as was as uncontrollable as claimed, there is only the owner to blame.
View Quote

And a compassionate person would try to find a new home for the dog instead of blow it's brains out in a fit of hormonal rage.
Even if it's not a true story but one she made up, it's a sign of a psychopath and shows she would gladly kill Americans that annoyed her.
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top