BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:27:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TaskForce:

omg I feel like old arfcom is back. It's a Christmas miracle.
View Quote

Like.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:28:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By jonny762:
Never thought of myself as an idiot, but I'll consider that. Thanks.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:29:43 PM EDT
[#3]
It blows my mind that $825 is considered cheap for rent now. Mind you, when I moved in three years ago this was one of the higher end places in town at $650 (advertised as "luxury apartment homes"). I didn't think I'd have any issue finding another place under $800, but times they are a-changin' I guess.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Twitchy:
Rent that cheap is sure to attract people that don't value their own neighborhood.  

You're probably seeing FL IDs due to our state making it increasingly difficult to exist here illegally.

It blows my mind that $825 is considered cheap for rent now. Mind you, when I moved in three years ago this was one of the higher end places in town at $650 (advertised as "luxury apartment homes"). I didn't think I'd have any issue finding another place under $800, but times they are a-changin' I guess.

Last time I paid $825 for rent by myself was back in 2012. Lol.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:30:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By eagarminuteman:

I'm an idiot for not buying a house and instead playing with legos at age 10, it happens to the best of us.
View Quote

bruh.

i keep telling you:  if you'd bought a house in seattle for $250k back when you were two years old instead of pissing your money away on an iphone, stahbucks, cado toast, Lil Tikes Cozy Coupe, and a teddy bear you too could be a Billy Badass Billionaire navy squeal MMA fighter chef hardcase tough guy Gee Deer with 10 paid off rentals, 8700 SF compound off grid in 87 acres in the mountains, private jet, and harem of fully shaved 20 year old nympho supermodel girlfriends.

teddy says:  sucks to suck.  renters lol.  fuck you pay me.  work some OT for me boi lol.  
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:31:03 PM EDT
[#5]

NO FUCK THAT EVERYTHING IS PERSONAL!!!!!!
View Quote

Tru dat
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:31:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By brasscrossedrifles:
On a serious note, if I was single I would just get a van and build it out into a stealth overlanding rig.
View Quote
hell yeah brother.gif
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:32:06 PM EDT
[#7]

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo.
View Quote

Sig worthy

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:32:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Jeffg:

Maybe you should go get a second or a third job if that's what it takes.  I've done both not to be a fucking peasant, and fuck you very much for your stupid reply.  Life is tough, get the fuck off your ass and make it better.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:33:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By DaveM4K:

Good Grief. When is the last time you were in Ohio?  There are plenty of Job opportunities in Ohio.  We do not however have California moving to Ohio.
View Quote
went to some training at an AEP facility in 2012.

first and last time i've been to OH.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:33:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By brasscrossedrifles:

Hey if you need more money just work more overtime!

*checks paycheck

*sees amount of paycheck that's already OT

*sees hours (at the legal limit already)

*Goes on Amazon to shop for boot straps

*can't find any compatible with Ariat steel toes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/116701/1000001666_jpg-3200782.JPG
View Quote
i legit snorted some wudder out of my nose at that one.

thanks, asshole.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:34:34 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote
FESTIVUS MIRACLE BOIS
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:34:41 PM EDT
[#12]

I know, I should really feel bad about hurting your "feelings" but I don't.  So, pick your fucking ass up and don't be such a whiney little fucking bitch.  
View Quote

I'm about as riled up as a sleeping cat

Did I use the word "feelings", don't think I did.

@jeffg have a beer man, or a lemonade, settle down and relax a bit.

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:39:32 PM EDT
[#13]
@eagarminuteman

i recently bought that teddy bear for me dear sainted mother and had him shipped to her humble abode.

she's getting old and starting to lose it mentally.  

she can't take care of a pet no more and my sister can't be there all the time to tend to her.

she named the bear Ted and has conversations with him, which is fine.

however comma old Ted don't mouth off to me dear sainted mother about renters and poors and shit like that, as old Ted knows he'd get the stuffing slapped out him for being a mouthy cunt.

sadly Ted is no Gee Dee interwebz tough guy navy squeal neither.

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:40:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By rotorblade:
They can afford it because you are paying for it we all are paying for it. Section 8 or worse. Federal housing. Take note of the owners and who they are. Because they will get theirs soon. We all will!!!!!    Those of you worried about the price of housing. DON"T worry!!! There is a very large asset and Equities crash coming Late This Year...

If you are over the age of 60 I suggest you either sell right now for what ever you can get for the dump, and go live with the kids OR stick it out because those of you that bought at 150K and its now worth 450K..  Well thats not going to last much longer.

If you want an instant price collapse Enforce US Code 18 Chapter 1324. That will crash housing down to reality.

If any of the above happens then the US will enter a Great Depression due to the devaluation will affect everyone with debt or assets that are basically on paper.
View Quote

Sir, this scenario is impossible. The experts right here on this very forum have assured me that nothing bad could ever possibly happen.

It's different this time™.

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:40:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By JLPettimoreIII:
@eagarminuteman

https://www.lebouquetaz.com/cdn/shop/products/9inchPhilbin.jpg?v=1673896902&width=823

i recently bought that teddy bear for me dear sainted mother and had him shipped to her humble abode.

she's getting old and starting to lose it mentally.  

she can't take care of a pet no more and my sister can't be there all the time to tend to her.

she named the bear Ted and has conversations with him, which is fine.

however comma old Ted don't mouth off to me dear sainted mother about renters and poors and shit like that, as old Ted knows he'd get the stuffing slapped out him for being a mouthy cunt.

sadly Ted is no Gee Dee interwebz tough guy navy squeal neither.

View Quote

Poor Ted ain’t your typical Gee Dee Billy Badass? He’s not gonna make it.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:41:56 PM EDT
[#16]

bruh.

i keep telling you:  if you'd bought a house in seattle for $250k back when you were two years old instead of pissing your money away on an iphone, stahbucks, cado toast, Lil Tikes Cozy Coupe, and a teddy bear you too could be a Billy Badass Billionaire navy squeal MMA fighter chef hardcase tough guy Gee Deer with 10 paid off rentals, 8700 SF compound off grid in 87 acres in the mountains, private jet, and harem of fully shaved 20 year old nympho supermodel girlfriends.

https://www.lebouquetaz.com/cdn/shop/products/9inchPhilbin.jpg?v=1673896902&width=823

teddy says:  sucks to suck.  renters lol.  fuck you pay me.  work some OT for me boi lol.  
View Quote

I’m gonna feed this teddy bear to my parents dog, let him fuck it and tear it a few new holes.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:44:04 PM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

Poast, I snorted a bit
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:44:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Precious87:

I'm about as riled up as a sleeping cat

Did I use the word "feelings", don't think I did.

@jeffg have a beer man, or a lemonade, settle down and relax a bit.

View Quote

So, pick your fucking ass up and don't be such a whiney little fucking bitch
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:46:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Trunalimunumaprzure:

Sir, this scenario is impossible. The experts right here on this very forum have assured me that nothing bad could ever possibly happen.

It's different this time .

View Quote
*bench presses transmission into 67 Chebby on gravel driveway in 18" of snow in janurary whilst getting blown by the harem of 20 year old supermodels*

renters lol.  
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:47:08 PM EDT
[#20]

Poor Ted ain't your typical Gee Dee Billy Badass? He's not gonna make it.
View Quote
me and Ted NGMI whilst renting forever in the slums of post peak merica.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:47:43 PM EDT
[#21]

I'm gonna feed this teddy bear to my parents dog, let him fuck it and tear it a few new holes.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:50:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By STJ:
You want nice, start thinking $2k plus
View Quote

Oh they’ll throw some subsidy money around and be there too
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:50:37 PM EDT
[#23]
The place I moved out of before here was $425 for a one bedroom, on the college campus. Other than being tiny, it was decent. Those same apartments are advertised at $650 now.
View Quote

I’ve rented apartment all over the country. Anything that cheap was a dump ten years ago.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:59:33 PM EDT
[#24]

So, pick your fucking ass up and don't be such a whiney little fucking bitch
View Quote

To achieve what, more?

I'm near paying off my house, I own 2 out of 3 cars, I have enough in savings to float everything for 2 years. I can afford to have my wife spend a week in Italy, out of a monthly paycheck. I have exactly two payments, house and car.

Do I need to do more? Am I poor?

And you spelled "whiny" incorrectly, just trying to help.

You're clearly angry about something, maybe it's poor life decisions, I don't know. But, for your own health, and blood pressure, you should probably meditate, or something.

@jeffg

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:59:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By DayandNight1701:

This is either a blatant lie or some ridiculous example with underlying circumstances that fail to reflect in anyway to the current market.  Worthless dirt, in the middle of the desert in AZ, 100 miles from a paved road, has increased in value many times more than your wife's rental 30 years ago.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DayandNight1701:
Originally Posted By Giltweasel:

Shitty neighborhoods aren't 5x the price. The same place my wife rented for $350 30 years ago is $685 now.

Granted that's almost 2x but minimum wage isn't $4.25 an hour anymore either.

This is either a blatant lie or some ridiculous example with underlying circumstances that fail to reflect in anyway to the current market.  Worthless dirt, in the middle of the desert in AZ, 100 miles from a paved road, has increased in value many times more than your wife's rental 30 years ago.

The part he failed to acknowledge is that, yes, minimum wage isn’t $4.25 as it was 30 years ago. It’s a whole $7.25.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:08:47 PM EDT
[#26]
*bench presses transmission into 67 Chebby on gravel driveway in 18" of snow in janurary whilst getting blown by the harem of 20 year old supermodels*

renters lol.  
View All Quotes

It's different this time .

renters lol.  

GIGA.

CHADS™.

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:09:18 PM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

@jeffg and I will be here all night, please put a tip in the jar.

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:14:24 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

How pedestrian of you, why didn't you have Jeeves handle the manual labor?

Think about it, you could still be out in 18" of snow, in January, not getting your hands dirty, yet still getting blown (by supermodels).

Amiright, or amiright.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:19:11 PM EDT
[#29]
OP, I like you. I'll co-sign for you with my 827 credit score.

Bringing JeffG along so he can snort and throw an empty manilla folder at you when you ask for doc copies.

You'll feel so dirty you ain't gon' be clean for a week, feller.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:20:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By LRShooter:
You can buy a $100K house and the payment is around $800 a month with taxes and insurance.  $150K is $1200 a month.

Under $1200 a month PITI

Under $800 a month****

Under $800 a month
View Quote

Picked one at random and it last sold for $25k less than 4 years ago - listed now at $82,500
-The down payment he'd need to avoid PMI is only 66% of that previous sale price-

So don't worry everybody - Bootstraps!  Nothing has changed.  

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:21:29 PM EDT
[#31]
you could find someone (e.g. member of the landed gentry) to rent you an RV spot.

i've thought long and hard about this.
View Quote

When I worked at a different agency in 2015 my boss had one of those bus sized motor homes, he'd bought it with his ex-wife.  His current wife hated it, of course.  He begged me to take it and park it somewhere and live in it, we searched in VA and MD and couldn't find a single pad that was year round to put it on.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:23:35 PM EDT
[#32]
you could find someone (e.g. member of the landed gentry) to rent you an RV spot.

View Quote

I’ve done the RV spot living, 7.5/10 overall mostly due to inlaws
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:24:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TaskForce] [#33]
Van life seems like a cool idea but there's a reason you can find so many used ones.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:25:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By cmw:

Picked one at random and it last sold for $25k less than 4 years ago - listed now at $82,500
-The down payment he'd need to avoid PMI is only 66% of that previous sale price-

So don't worry everybody - Bootstraps!  Nothing has changed.  

View Quote

Only a 330% increase, all the GD billionaires could afford it with their salary that doubles annually.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:25:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Scalped:

Bringing JeffG along so he can snort and throw an empty manilla folder at you when you ask for doc copies.

View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:26:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Hamiltbl2:

I've rented apartment all over the country. Anything that cheap was a dump ten years ago.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Hamiltbl2:
The place I moved out of before here was $425 for a one bedroom, on the college campus. Other than being tiny, it was decent. Those same apartments are advertised at $650 now.

I've rented apartment all over the country. Anything that cheap was a dump ten years ago.
This was maybe four years ago, it was pretty cool. Right above a coffee shop, directly across from the university. Lots of college girls hanging out when you went downstairs, good vibe. Decent neighbors, in house laundry room, coffee and a free library downstairs. That to me, for $425, was decent. YMMV.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:26:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Alex_F:

When I worked at a different agency in 2015 my boss had one of those bus sized motor homes, he'd bought it with his ex-wife.  His current wife hated it, of course.  He begged me to take it and park it somewhere and live in it, we searched in VA and MD and couldn't find a single pad that was year round to put it on.
View Quote
huh.

i've been calling around in Cheyenne WY and have found at least a couple places that wood let me rent an RV spot for many months.

sadly i have no RV to pahk so it's a moot point.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:27:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Scalped:

View Quote
Bet, let's goooo!
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:28:04 PM EDT
[#39]

View All Quotes

@Surveyor75

Homeboy had a sweet RV setup at his work site for like 6 months. Unfortunately I think it's been a while since he's logged on.. both here and IRL
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:29:18 PM EDT
[#40]
huh.

i've been calling around in Cheyenne WY and have found at least a couple places that wood let me rent an RV spot for many months.

View Quote

I’ve got a truck/RV combo I’ll sell ya.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:31:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By denverdan:

I’ve got a truck/RV combo I’ll sell ya.
View Quote

JLP3 is too busy saving for a few more harbor freight tarps and bear deterrent
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:32:27 PM EDT
[#42]
huh.

View Quote

I mean it's been 9 years so who knows what the sitch is now.  I haven't kept in touch, knowing his 2nd wife she burned the RV at some point.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:56:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Only chiming in to say to JLPettimoreIII that you have no idea what you're talking about with this "montucky" shit. As someone who lived in eastern Kentucky, you need to stop. There ain't a single place in Montana that can compare to a holler in Breathitt county.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:08:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Matanzas:
Only chiming in to say to JLPettimoreIII that you have no idea what you're talking about with this "montucky" shit. As someone who lived in eastern Kentucky, you need to stop. There ain't a single place in Montana that can compare to a holler in Breathitt county.
View Quote

I spent my fair share of time in the hollers of Greene County and western Montana, You get out 9 mile or highway 12 a bit it's pretty similar. East Missoula and Madison County aren't all that different
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:08:55 PM EDT
[#45]
View Quote

Sorry you're offended.

As a Arkansan I give JLPIII the authorization to use the new term "Arkantana".

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:26:25 PM EDT
[#46]

Sorry you're offended.

As a Arkansan I give JLPIII the authorization to use the new term "Arkantana".

View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:26:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By maslin02:

I spent my fair share of time in the hollers of Greene County and western Montana, You get out 9 mile or highway 12 a bit it's pretty similar. East Missoula and Madison County aren't all that different
View Quote
ah, yes.

east missoula.

IYKYK.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:27:43 PM EDT
[#48]
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:43:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Everything jonny762 says is true.  I am one of the larger landlords in Findlay, OH and sit on the mayor's "immigration task force" that is trying to deal with this situation.  Recent immigrants are stressing our town's resources.  We simply don't have the housing, schools, medical capacity, transportation, funding, etc. and are struggling to handle the influx.  Many are from Haiti as well as Central and South America.  

80% of the people contacting us to rent an apartment or house do not speak English.  We see about 25 Haitians per day.  That is really incredible for our little rural town of 40,000.  Some of you asked what is drawing them here.  Jobs.  The policies out of Washington create situations where Americans don't have to work anymore to live and eat, so local factories are hurting for labor.  Surprise, Washington also has a solution -- open borders.  A temp agency out of Dayton is literally bringing Haitians by the truckload to Findlay.  For the time being they are largely housing them in Lima and Toledo and commuting them to Findlay daily for work.  Hundreds and hundreds of them (possibly thousands) also live in the local lower-end motels in sad conditions.  Our quiet little town has become a border town.

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:47:31 PM EDT
[#50]
View Quote

Beartit?  We got Bearspaw and Beartooth, but I'll be damned if we got any Beartit....
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top