Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:03:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I don’t hate cats, that is too much effort. I am indifferent towards them. I don’t care about them at all, or see whatever the hell the owners see in them.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:05:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By j_hooker:

Wow, great one that I hadn’t thought about.  My Dad was shady as shit…. Married 5 times.
View Quote

May father was married 6 time to 5 different women.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:06:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By THEBAUMER:

View Quote

Jeez.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:08:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I was just enjoying the thread.

I want to throw a thought out there about the christian thing.

In law enforcement, we had an indicator. We called it 'protective coloration'.

I would say 90% of those places/personalities you guys are mentioning either lost their way, or they are using that to lower your shields so they can break one off in you. They have as much to do with whom I serve as taco bell has to mexican food.

What I am saying is, thanks for apologizing, but... most broken people trying to serve the Lord don't recognize those people. (there's even bible passages)

thread legal: I think the word 'trust' holds as much meaning as the word 'racist'. I trust people to put themselves first. I trust companies to take advantage whereever and whenever they can.

I think what you guys are calling simply 'trust' I think of more as a societal bond. I have very little of that, and what I do have transcends blood, passports, culture and any of the normal limiters. We either bond or we don't, and if we don't, I don't put my metaphorical back to you. Simple as that.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:09:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By runcible:
Anyone whose nickname comes from the name of city or a state, or from a mode of transport ("Railroad Bill")... not to trusted.
View Quote

You just destroyed my wholesome image of Ricky Nelson playing "Colorado" in the John Wayne classic Rio Bravo.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:11:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By TaskForce:

Jeez.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Jeez.

I've been married to the same woman for 44 years...longer that the top 4 he was married to.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:20:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Echd] [#7]

I've been married to the same woman for 44 years...longer that the top 4 he was married to.
View All Quotes

Jeez.

After a certain number you either stop or swap to dudes, cause it just ain't working
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:22:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Inquisitive_Spaniard:
people who have been married 3,4,5,6 times.
View Quote

While I was going to St. Ives
I met a man with seven wives.
I know this sounds absurd and looney
But this man was Mickey Rooney.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:24:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By TinSpinner:
No offense to Christians, but businesses that put it out there as a reason to do business with them have come up short for me every time.
View Quote

INSTANT red flag.

INSTANT as in IMMEDIATE red flag.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:24:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By piccolo:

While I was going to St. Ives
I met a man with seven wives.
I know this sounds absurd and looney
But this man was Mickey Rooney.
View Quote

It really says a lot about a person.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:29:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By sirensong:
a general principle is that the more someone angles their eyes away from the direction of their face - side eye - during direct conversation, the more they are trying to hide.  this applies if their face is square with you and their eyes are angled away, or if their eyes are aimed at you and their face is angled away.
View Quote

So shy, unassuming, and non-aggressive people are a no-go in your "book".
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:29:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Vague:
"Trust me..."
View Quote

That one ENTIRELY depends on their tone of voice and inflection.

That's one you have to know how to read.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:29:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By piccolo:

That one ENTIRELY depends on their tone of voice and inflection.

That's one you have to know how to read.
View Quote

And if you know the person.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:31:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: W202fan90] [#14]
Any male younger than 35 years old that wears the "80's serial killer" style glasses.

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:32:01 PM EDT
[#15]
People that have a constant need to "size others up" (like the majority posting in this thread) are the ones that will eventually prove to be the true shitbirds.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:32:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By CastleBravo91:

Yup. I even hate when someone asks "can I trust you?" I respond "only you can decide how much you trust me. I'm not going to stand here and tell you you can, because if I have to say it then it isn't true." Usually a woman asking me that question.
View Quote

More than once my answer to that is "No. I'm a fuckin' snake."
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:33:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Any of the employees at Chick-Fil-A .

"My pleasure!"...........yeah, I bet it was.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:41:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By TugJob:

You just destroyed my wholesome image of Ricky Nelson playing "Colorado" in the John Wayne classic Rio Bravo.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TugJob:
Originally Posted By runcible:
Anyone whose nickname comes from the name of city or a state, or from a mode of transport ("Railroad Bill")... not to trusted.

Or James Caan playing Mississippi in El Dorado.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:43:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Would you trust me, if we passed as strangers, and I said “preciate u”???
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:46:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By W202fan90:
Any male younger than 35 years old that wears the "80's serial killer" style glasses.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/~sQAAMXQfvlSnW1P/s-l400.jpg

https://pretavoir.us/cdn/shop/products/david-beckham-db-7103-ex4-hd-2.jpg
View Quote

I've noticed those are coming into style again. Why? Dear Lord, why? Then again, hideous frames in general are in style. I don't get it.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:48:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By highstepper:
Democrats.

Anyone who believes in and supports the Dem agenda has no judgement or morals and therefore cannot be trusted.

Also, Never_Trumpers.
View Quote

Ding ! Ding ! Ding !  We have a winner !!

kwg
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:48:51 PM EDT
[#22]
From my interactions I’ve learned that people who don’t trust ANYONE, are they themselves not to be trusted.  It’s as if they project to not trust them.

The next one will be controversial. People who hate cats.  I get not liking cats or having allergies but, a deep hatred is not to be trusted.  
Anyone else experience others like this?
View Quote

Lol according to OP I must be a very untrustworthy person. Oh well. I don’t HATE cats. I just think that owning more that 1 cat makes you a more likely to have mental health issues.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:49:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By @Deerhurst:

You are your cat's slave.
View Quote

And I enjoy every minute of it. He makes me laugh.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:50:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Scalped] [#24]
Originally Posted By W202fan90:

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/~sQAAMXQfvlSnW1P/s-l400.jpg

https://pretavoir.us/cdn/shop/products/david-beckham-db-7103-ex4-hd-2.jpg
View Quote

Vintage market is crazy right now, amigo. But I associate those x-ray goggles with actual studs. We are not the same.

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:52:30 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm pretty trustworthy but I am not very trusting. I get your point however and it's a good rule of thumb. I guess in short I have never learned to trust people. I know and understand people and can rely on my husband but I would hire help if I was sick.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:54:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Vague:
"Trust me..."
View Quote

"You deserve this..."
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:56:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Old timer told me he didn’t trust left handed people

Said their brains were wired weird

(I’m sure the fact his immediate supervisor was left
Handed and they argued like cats and dogs had nothing
to do with it)

lol
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:58:10 PM EDT
[#28]
From my interactions I've learned that people who don't trust ANYONE, are they themselves not to be trusted.  It's as if they project to not trust them.

The next one will be controversial. People who hate cats.  I get not liking cats or having allergies but, a deep hatred is not to be trusted.  
View Quote
Agree with not trusting cat haters.

Not so much the don't trust anyone types.  They may have been hurt and betrayed a lot.

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:01:32 PM EDT
[#29]
From my interactions I've learned that people who don't trust ANYONE, are they themselves not to be trusted.  It's as if they project to not trust them.

View Quote
You're wrong. I started out trusting all kinds of people. Over 60 years, life beat that nonsense right out of me. Most people can be trusted a little bit, but nobody can be trusted completely.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:02:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Girls with stripper names and have pet birds.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:02:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By TinSpinner:
No offense to Christians, but businesses that put it out there as a reason to do business with them have come up short for me every time.
View Quote

My dad let me in on that warning when i was a teen. His reasoning was that if they are overt with the religious stuff in thier business, they are likely using it as cover.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:03:23 PM EDT
[#32]
I listen to how someone talks about other people who aren't around.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:05:14 PM EDT
[#33]
No one is absolutely trustworthy. All we can hope for is the lies don't affect anything big, like a marriage.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:05:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: W202fan90] [#34]
Originally Posted By CastleBravo91:

I've noticed those are coming into style again. Why? Dear Lord, why? Then again, hideous frames in general are in style. I don't get it.
View Quote

I have no idea why they're "stylish" now.

Craig Pullin from Reno 911 ruined that frame style for me.....FOR LIFE.

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:08:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By EvoXGunner:
Anyone who calls you boss when you're not their boss.
View Quote

Anyone who kicks things off with endearing terms or “damn you are tall!” gets a response that’s opposite of what they hoped for.

The more convincing of something people try to be the less I believe them.

Be yourself, I can pick up on context clues and figure out how honest you are or how much you love Jesus. You don’t have to tell me.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:10:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Szilagyi-hpg:
I don’t hate cats, that is too much effort. I am indifferent towards them. I don’t care about them at all, or see whatever the hell the owners see in them.
View Quote

You don’t “own” a cat… you coexist with a cat.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:16:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By XDONX3:
Not liking cats equates to not wanting to put any effort into a relationship. Cats don’t just automatically love you they require you to be good to them.
View Quote

Most ridiculous statement I’ve ever heard. Oh yeah…fuck cats.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:28:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Jack841:

Like, house painters or portrait painters?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jack841:
Originally Posted By JWnTN:
Originally Posted By zach_:
Politicians, salesmen, preachers... They are all basically the same thing anyway.

Decades ago, an older acquaintance said not to trust the Ps: politicians, preachers, and painters.

Like, house painters or portrait painters?

Finger painters perhaps?
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:30:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Hillcountry:

Most ridiculous statement I’ve ever heard. Oh yeah…fuck cats.
View Quote

I guess we all can’t be emotionally intelligent.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:34:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Guys who have female “best friends”…it’s never friends and it’s a giant red flag for all involved.  He’s either simping or is into banging women in relationships.  

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:35:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jack-of-Hearts] [#41]
Even your dad will ask you to pull his finger.  
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:59:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By FedDC:
Guys who have female “best friends”…it’s never friends and it’s a giant red flag for all involved.  He’s either simping or is into banging women in relationships.  

View Quote

I'm probably the exception to that, but maybe it's role reversal and I was the red flag guy friend for her. My best friend of 20 years
was a woman I'd briefly dated that lived on the other side of the country. It was neither simping nor banging, but she got a bad case
of TDS and she ended the friendship. (FWIW all women I had LTRs with got introduced to her fairly early on and she did the wing woman
thing for me.)

My experience on people you shouldn't trust that no one has mentioned yet is anyone who's a member of the FSA. I'm not talking
taking unemployment for a few months but long term stuff, every experience I've had with one has confirmed they shouldn't be trusted.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:59:29 PM EDT
[#43]
A red flag tell for me is people who don't like dogs, or worse, people your average dog does not like.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:02:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By gearjammer351:

I have a very friendly dog who generously gives everyone an opportunity to pet her. She just loves people, and people love her.

If she doesn't like a person, they're immediately placed on the "keep an eye on that guy" list.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By gearjammer351:
Originally Posted By RikWriter:

There's two kinds of people you can't trust:  people who don't like dogs and people who dogs don't like.

I have a very friendly dog who generously gives everyone an opportunity to pet her. She just loves people, and people love her.

If she doesn't like a person, they're immediately placed on the "keep an eye on that guy" list.

The sign above our patio door reads: if our dog doesn’t like you, we probably won’t either.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:47:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By mancat:
I think there are a lot of dudes who hate cats as a programmed behavior

Like cats = not manly
View Quote

Cats are awesome, dogs are more awesome. This is arf, get both!
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:49:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Milehi22:

I worked with a guy who hated cats. so much so that he had bumper stickers on his truck that read, "Cat, the other white meat" and "If you're missing your cat look under my truck" and so much more.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Milehi22:
Originally Posted By RAL:

When I hear someone say that they don't like cats I'll respond by saying "Do you know who else didn't like cats? Hitler. Hitler didn't like cats."

Though it's probably not true. Even Hitler most likely liked cats. Also Hitler had a girlfriend. So for all you single guys out there, remember even Hitler could get a woman.

I worked with a guy who hated cats. so much so that he had bumper stickers on his truck that read, "Cat, the other white meat" and "If you're missing your cat look under my truck" and so much more.

This was the type of person I was referring to.  I knew people who enjoyed killing cats, shooting them, running them over etc. These are the people that I was referring to.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 11:11:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dtux] [#47]
I don't trust cat people. They smell of rancid piss and are riddled with brain parasites. They'll argue that they don't but every single one of them does. If it's only a faint smell, it's because they're irresponsible with their "pet" and leave it outside to fuck up the local ecology.
Additionally, they want to push their love of cats on everyone like it's something "normal." Cats were the first step towards normalizing the degeneracy that has ingrained itself in our society. Cats don't only groom themselves, they've groomed society.

This is not a joke. Domestic felines should be dispatched en masse.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 11:11:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Christian Owned

Or

Veteran Owned
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 11:15:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Disagree with OP on Cats

in-fact grown men who like cats are weird fucks

Dogs owners seem normal for the most part

Dogs are a better pet on many levels

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 11:18:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Clean cut in a suit.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top