Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:55:35 PM EDT
[#1]

Never cared for SIG, never consider them a manufacturer to buy from.

And now, their recent releases don't interest me at all, I think there are other
options that are far superior to what SIG has to offer. I think their .gov contracts
are more due to ex generals that lobby for them than a superior product.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:57:49 PM EDT
[#2]
My distaste is from the failure of my p938 at 201 rounds. The problem was, I put 200 through it and then trusted it to defend my family. It was only at my next pistol range day that the first round went bang, but then didn't eject round 201 casing. After some tap rack, it ejected and the next round loaded. And then repeated, and repeated. The extractor had broken.

I called sig about getting it fixed, and they tried to put the onus on me for improper cleaning. I explained the cleaning procedure, and the they asked "but what solvent did you use though?" I responded that it was rem oil as the solvent, and I guess I passed their little blame test. Then they gave me problems with shipping. They wanted me to front the shipping bill of $55, which I disagreed with. As the original owner, and with 200 rounds on it before failure, I advocated for them to pay for it. It was elevated, but the answer came down as a no. Since I had owned it for over a year before this issue began, they said the warranty would only cover the work, not the shipping. So I had to pony up the $55 for the label and drive 45 minutes to the nearest FedEx depot to ship the defective gun.

On the plus side, they replaced essentially the entire "upper". I can't complain about that part of it.

I learned a few things after that experience:
Put 500 rounds minimum down range, preferably 1k.

Don't let new guns sit around before you put them to use.
Don't buy Sig.

And I think you forgot to put those MIM firing pins that plagued the p365 when it launched.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:59:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I just took a defensive pistol class last week with my P365XL.  Before the class I only had about 125 rounds through the gun.  I found out during the class that I can shoot it well and really like it.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:00:55 PM EDT
[#4]
because ron cohen banged a lot of glock owners girlfriends.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:01:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Two reasons: Ron Cohen and Indian MiM
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:02:54 PM EDT
[#6]
People fear real innovation and lash out at it.

They are used to being dazzled by such “innovation” from KAC like intermediate length overgassed systems, proprietary bolts, 3 moa dimpled barrels, handguards that are also a barrel nut and require shims to time, and the worst ambi lower on the market.

Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:03:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By subcomunic8r:

I own a Mosquito despite all the bad press. I only gig them half for it as it's a Turkish made gun with their name on it. And it excels at teaching immediate/remedial actions.
View Quote

I still fault them for putting their name on that turd.

In retrospect though I agree it could be a useful tool to train on clearing malfunctions.  Maybe I should have kept it. 🤔
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:03:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jayne_Cobb] [#8]
You'd have problems with QC and support too if you churned production staff like they do.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:05:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Grendelsbane:
HK level arrogance, Olympic level QC, a willingness to orphan products at the drop of a hat, and the tendency to use the end user as the beta tester
View Quote

This right here.

I remember attending a four day shooting course with family a few years back and one relative was super excited to bring their brand new Sig P365 XL... until the trigger went tits up the first day.  Finished the course with a Glock 17 which choked 0 times.

But no worries, Sig resolved the issues of the P365 XL with another model, the P365 XMacro, which has been flawless

(it's also a piece of shit)

tbh, I have no fucking clue why those models exist simultaneously - it's a great example of Sig's extra chromosome product line.

Just one example of many OP
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:06:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By MallNinja531:

Harsh, but fair/accurate.

I wanted to like Sig. I really did. But after 3 tries and 3 fails (including a 226 SAO legion), I just realized they're not for me.
View Quote

What was up with the P226?
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:07:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:
I like Sig. never an issue. Reliable and accurate.

Same with Glock.
View Quote

Same.

220x3
229x2

All good to go.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:07:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By 03RN:
Because they called my employer and told them to have me stop posting on arfcom.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:07:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Poll fail.  No mention of rust, MIM, crappy overpriced parts, unreliability, poor ergonomics, etc, etc.

And also:
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:08:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: perfectsilence] [#14]
I really love my P229

That said, they don’t make anything else that really tickles my fancy.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:10:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By PRasko:
Buy old sigs, not new.

That's my stance on the company.

Same with s&w. They can keep their shitty new pistols and I'll keep using my old revolvers and 5906 tsw.

God i sound like a fking Fudd, I swear I'm not a fking fudd..
View Quote

I'm just like you!
In the past 2 months I purchased a P226R in 40s&w, a P229R in 40s&w and 357SIG, a P239 in 40s&w and just the other day, a P227. All great guns. But I won't buy their new plastic stuff.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:10:33 PM EDT
[#16]
My Sig P365 Micro is still running strong after 150 rds.  
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:11:24 PM EDT
[#17]
If you want the gun community to like you, you have to build the same product for 30+ years, build dirt cheap products, or market yourself as survivalist/super pro-2a.

Building innovative, moderately expensive guns (but not so expensive that they are status symbols) and winning military and police contracts is the worst thing to do if you want the gun community to like you.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:13:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Tirador223:
Poll fail: no button for “I don’t have any problem with SIG.”

Three SIG products here and not a bit of trouble with any of them.  Didn’t go off by themselves, disassemble spontaneously, burst into flames, or fail in any manner.

View Quote

Every squirrel gets a nut once on a while
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:15:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By AeroEngineer:

We’re going to need more details on this one.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Because they called my employer and told them to have me stop posting on arfcom.

I've posted about it a bunch fwiw

I was working at a range and posted about how our 320 rentals were going down and how hard it was to get spare parts.

We had sig reps in the shop regularly and they recognized me and someone from sig called my manager and told him to make me stop. My manager saw what I wrote and didn't think there was an issue.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:15:52 PM EDT
[#20]
HK level arrogance, Olympic level QC, a willingness to orphan products at the drop of a hat, and the tendency to use the end user as the beta tester
View Quote
Quoted for truth
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:16:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By ARCNA442:
If you want the gun community to like you, you have to build the same product for 30+ years, build dirt cheap products, or market yourself as survivalist/super pro-2a.

Building innovative, moderately expensive guns (but not so expensive that they are status symbols) and winning military and police contracts is the worst thing to do if you want the gun community to like you.
View Quote

Laughs in HK and KAC
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:18:23 PM EDT
[#22]
I love my SIG 320 M18 and 1911.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:18:38 PM EDT
[#23]
I love my P226.
I liked my P220.
I’d like to get a Spear LT.
I’d like to get a MPX.
I want a P365 but have had two attempts to buy one fall through.

I was meh about my 716i.
I hated my SP2022.
I think the M7 is fucking stupid for a general issue rifle.
The P320 is cool but kinda meh.

I like Sig, but they’re hit or miss for me.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:23:06 PM EDT
[#24]
The MCX is the most relevant non-AR rifle there is. I have a "few". They've gone through a number of classes and a significant amount of recreational shooting with minimal maintenance.

I just got a M17X, which has the optic on it that everyone wants Trijicon to make, but they "can't."

I have a few P320s and a 365, and strangely enough, none of them have broken anything, so I must be doing something wrong.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:37:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -Ascent-] [#25]
It seemed like every Sig I had needed to get sent back to them.

P320 compact trigger upgrade
P320 trigger upgrade
P320 RX optic died
MCX bolt upgrade
P229 legion recoil spring died in less than a couple hundred rounds.
Sig dou trigger had bad hammers.

Sigs I liked but sold.
P6
P320 X-Full with an agency trigger with the dingus.

I tried to like them and Sig warranty service was great to work with but ended up selling off all of the sigs I owned.

Edit: Forgot about my units M17. Already have had a few with broken trigger springs and their finishes look about the same as the Berettas they replace only after a few years.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:37:47 PM EDT
[#26]
View Quote

This sums up the Sig556 debacle quite nicely.

Tony

Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:39:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Never_A_Wick:
If you know anything about R/C, they’re the Traxxas of gun makers.

Bunch of dumb gimmicks to sell to the dumb.

ETA Bruce Gray is an insufferable boomer.
View Quote

It took me less than 60 seconds to decide I didn’t like Bruce.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:40:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By ARCNA442:

View Quote

I don't dislike them for any of those reasons, I dislike them because they can't build shit without generally fucking it up despite having gobs of taxpayer funny money.

I remember when my old unit started getting boxes of M18's.  I was curious how they would compare to the M45A1's we were phasing out and wasn't much surprised by the shit I heard:

Sights and optics plates flying off, some catastrophic failures, etc.

Add to that the thumb safety fucking sucks from an ergonomic standpoint.

They are a company I'll struggle to ever take seriously again, and proof the government will buy dumb shit
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:41:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By 45-Seventy:

It took me less than 60 seconds to decide I didn’t like Bruce.
View Quote

Initially I thought he was great.  That was before I knew better.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:41:40 PM EDT
[#30]

View All Quotes

This
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:46:44 PM EDT
[#31]
I want this and they wont make me one.

Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:47:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By colklink:
Sig invented the pistol brace. Sig had introduced a compensator that was essentially a mono core suppressor without the outer tube. Sig gives the FBATFE the middle finger constantly. That makes them good people.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:56:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 7:05:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Parts made in India.  

Insulting statements like if you don’t drop it, then it won’t go off.  You’re not supposed to drop it. I’m paraphrasing.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 7:08:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Boom_Stick] [#35]
The only thing theyve done to piss me off is creating something I like, then dropping it after a few years. The sig556 and 7.62 rifle.

Other than that they make fine firearms and I own several p226s, p220s and p320s. They fit my hand well and shoot great. Had an iron sight problem once on a new gun they fixed it quickly on their dime.

Diamond plating and that rainbow color is a joke though. Whoever came up with that to market guns must've come from the auto industry
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 7:13:42 PM EDT
[#36]
My biggest gripe with Sig is they wont give us classic 550 family guns, and when they did offer 550 family guns they were gay bullshit "modernized" abortions

I want a fucking classic 552/553 damnit
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 7:25:05 PM EDT
[#37]
No issues with my P226. Granted, I've only had it since February and I've only put ~400 rounds through it.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 7:30:34 PM EDT
[#38]

I was working at a range and posted about how our 320 rentals were going down and how hard it was to get spare parts.

We had sig reps in the shop regularly and they recognized me and someone from sig called my manager and told him to make me stop. My manager saw what I wrote and didn't think there was an issue.
View Quote

I've seen your posts before on that. If there's anyone on the planet who should not like Sig, it's you. They deserve your hatred.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 7:34:28 PM EDT
[#39]
View Quote
This sums it up, nothing like no backward compatible parts for a previous generation of a Sig.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 7:36:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:
I like Sig. never an issue. Reliable and accurate.

Same with Glock.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/2/2024 7:39:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Findsman] [#41]
Originally Posted By mcantu:
1000x this
View All Quotes

I think they got almost all the way there with the 556A1 and 556R Gen2 lines only to promptly discontinue them because the 556xi was going to be even better!

They badly misjudged the market, someone internally finally got them to make what we wanted, then the retards took back over and grudge-fucked it to death.  But don’t worry, you’ll love this MCX Gen 1 thing!  

I have a 556R Gen2 and it’s a pretty good rifle, fun to shoot.  Essentially a toy to look at now though.

Edit to add pic:
Attachment Attached File

Even though it was a close effort from Sig, I still added a Swiss handguard and the MFI sights to make it better.  The gas regulator was drilled for two extra "maybe" suppressed ports but I've never tested it.  The two factory settings are OMG and WTF overgassed.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 7:40:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: feetpiece] [#42]
Sig USA is the inbred cousin of a legendary European manufaturer

Link Posted: 5/2/2024 7:42:51 PM EDT
[#43]
I didn't realize they were so controversial.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 7:43:38 PM EDT
[#44]

View Quote

Huh. My low mileage p938 also went down. Imagine that.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 7:50:10 PM EDT
[#45]
The P365 series of handguns is the only product line of theirs that even remotely interests me.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 8:04:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11boomboom] [#46]
My buddy has had terrible luck with Sigs, albeit the 938, P365 and P320.

His 938 was unreliable, but he got rid of it before I taught him about maintenance and repair.

The P365 was a Legion P365 Macro with the AXG module. First it broke the extractor at 1800 rounds (tip of the extractor snapped-off). Then the magazine release spring broke. Then the firing pin spring broke. He traded it for a Staccato P.

He also had an M18 and a .45ACP P320. The M18 I have now and it's fantastic (no problems after the first mag when he had it, it's now at 7k rounds). The .45ACP P320 probably didn't have the "voluntary upgrade" done to it and it fell off his nightstand and the striker released so he got rid of it (no rounds in the chamber). He was able to duplicate the drop safe issue.

I've had great luck with Sig pistols.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 8:12:09 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By whiskerz:
After my friend shipped his 5 moa 716 back to Sig and they told him it was within spec. He disclosed it and sold it. He bought a Knights. Years ago Sig had the frame rail wear chart for the aluminum framed guns and will not warranty those that wore out. I sold my 228 when the rails started showing wear.
View Quote

It's odd that SIG would have a "frame rail wear chart" that determines serviceability.

Other brands with aluminum frames (S&W, Beretta, Colt, et. al.) don't have wear charts, to the best of my knowledge.  The pistols on those are worn out when they are excessively sloppy or cracked.

And SIG's frame design is NO different that those other makers, so I seriously doubt they can claim some sort of magic wear requirements that make their pistols the exception to those other makers.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 8:21:42 PM EDT
[#48]
I have a lot of experience with several Sig all-metal guns.  They have been outstanding IME.  Uber-reliable, well made, accurate.  I can't opine on their plastic guns.  The metal guns I would bet my life on.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 8:23:14 PM EDT
[#49]
In before Narph
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 8:23:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By AZJeff:

It's odd that SIG would have a "frame rail wear chart" that determines serviceability.

Other brands with aluminum frames (S&W, Beretta, Colt, et. al.) don't have wear charts, to the best of my knowledge.  The pistols on those are worn out when they are excessively sloppy or cracked.

And SIG's frame design is NO different that those other makers, so I seriously doubt they can claim some sort of magic wear requirements that make their pistols the exception to those other makers.
View Quote

I have used molybdenum-based grease on the frame rails and the rails still look near-new.
Page / 7
Top Top