Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 5/2/2024 8:24:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Did they ever get the MPX to work right.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 8:32:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:
I like Sig. never an issue. Reliable and accurate.

Same with Glock.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/2/2024 8:36:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By WildBoar:
In before Narph
View Quote

Is he back?
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 8:38:38 PM EDT
[#4]
They only warranty their electro optics in the kilo line rangefinders for 5 years from manufacture date. Apparently mine was sitting in an amazon warehouse for 3 years and they offered me a coupon on my next purchase. Bought a vortex instead.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 8:41:54 PM EDT
[#5]
I really just don’t understand this whole thing. If you don’t want to buy one of their guns then you don’t have to. If they make something you like, get one. People base their entire personality on what companies they will or won’t give money to
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 8:42:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I've owned about a dozen SIGs over the years and never had an issue with any of them.

Link Posted: 5/2/2024 8:44:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Grendelsbane:

Is he back?
View Quote

No, she’s still banned.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 8:49:52 PM EDT
[#8]
I like the P365 series because its all the firepower I need in the carry package that works for me, from what I understand it's the best selling pistol in this country.

Back in the day, like 30 years ago, I admired the brand thought of them as kinda like the Cadillac of pistols... sorta-kinda exotic... but they just never fit my hand so never owned one... eventually owned a P6 because it was same handsome/iconic piece at a bargain price, but still didn't fit my hand , eventually sold it off.

That's my only experience with the company.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 8:51:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Media_Noche:

I still fault them for putting their name on that turd.

In retrospect though I agree it could be a useful tool to train on clearing malfunctions.  Maybe I should have kept it. 🤔
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Media_Noche:
Originally Posted By subcomunic8r:

I own a Mosquito despite all the bad press. I only gig them half for it as it's a Turkish made gun with their name on it. And it excels at teaching immediate/remedial actions.

I still fault them for putting their name on that turd.

In retrospect though I agree it could be a useful tool to train on clearing malfunctions.  Maybe I should have kept it. 🤔

Shooting high velocity ammo (I only use Mini mags in mine) and keeping it clean (especially the extractor) are key. Mine is usually good for 200 rounds before it starts acting up.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 8:53:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 8:54:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By 03RN:

I've posted about it a bunch fwiw

I was working at a range and posted about how our 320 rentals were going down and how hard it was to get spare parts.

We had sig reps in the shop regularly and they recognized me and someone from sig called my manager and told him to make me stop. My manager saw what I wrote and didn't think there was an issue.
View Quote

wow

SIG = KAREN
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 8:54:38 PM EDT
[#12]

Same with Glock.
View Quote

Ditto.....
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 8:55:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Sig=P226 9mm & rifles, PERIOD!  Expecting anything more from there other models, shows lack of knowledge in firearms.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 8:58:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By CarlosC:

Same here. I only own their classic pistols though - P-220, P-226 Mk25, and P-228. I also do have a 2022. No issues with any of them.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CarlosC:

Same with Glock.

Same here. I only own their classic pistols though - P-220, P-226 Mk25, and P-228. I also do have a 2022. No issues with any of them.

+87 Classic Sig is only Sig.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 8:59:04 PM EDT
[#15]
SIG died when they left Switzerland
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 8:59:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By colklink:
Sig invented the pistol brace. Sig had introduced a compensator that was essentially a mono core suppressor without the outer tube. Sig gives the FBATFE the middle finger constantly. That makes them good people.
View Quote

This.

Plus they got Ping Ping making one helluva poors optic in the Romeo 5.

P365 isn't my favorite micro 9 carry gun, but it's the one that got the whole thing going industry wide.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 9:11:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: VeryAverage] [#17]
I love my P210A.

The P250 was a turd.

The P320 is a dangerous turd.

Their legacy lineup (P226, etc.) is top heavy and has an awkwardly placed slide stop that is easy to ride forward if you have a modern gripping technique. None of their new pistols even have their best feature which is the decocker.

Then they got rid of the P210A Standard in favor of the Carry, so now you can’t get a full size steel frame without getting the adjustable sights. Then in spite of it being a rather wide frame (in regards to grip panel width), they stayed traditional instead of offering a pistol with a 13+ capacity, and without even offering a factory extended magazine body to allow for 10 rounds for competition use without dinking around with aftermarket base plates and such.

The only cool pistol they have offered in decades… and they wasted their effort in making it because they never pursued it adequately and discontinued the best variant of it.

Addendum: And no optics cut model, either.

They just have nothing interesting. Nothing else in their lineup I’d ever even consider owning if not at fire sale prices.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 9:21:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Metal Sig good, plastic not so much.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 9:31:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By VeryAverage:
I love my P210A.

The P250 was a turd.

The P320 is a dangerous turd.

Their legacy lineup (P226, etc.) is top heavy and has an awkwardly placed slide stop that is easy to ride forward if you have a modern gripping technique. None of their new pistols even have their best feature which is the decocker.

Then they got rid of the P210A Standard in favor of the Carry, so now you can’t get a full size steel frame without getting the adjustable sights. Then in spite of it being a rather wide frame (in regards to grip panel width), they stayed traditional instead of offering a pistol with a 13+ capacity, and without even offering a factory extended magazine body to allow for 10 rounds for competition use without dinking around with aftermarket base plates and such.

The only cool pistol they have offered in decades… and they wasted their effort in making it because they never pursued it adequately and discontinued the best variant of it.

Addendum: And no optics cut model, either.

They just have nothing interesting. Nothing else in their lineup I’d ever even consider owning if not at fire sale prices.
View Quote

A 2011-ized P210 would be tits. Doublestack, accessory rail, optics ready, ambi controls 🤤
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 9:40:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Rudukai13:

A 2011-ized P210 would be tits. Doublestack, accessory rail, optics ready, ambi controls 🤤
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/2/2024 9:49:02 PM EDT
[#21]
I wish they would give up on the Legion bullshit. If I remember correctly it started as an exclusive model.  Now everything is legion Legion. I hate the finish.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 9:51:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sputnik556] [#22]
Because they care about profits over quality.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 9:53:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Your premise is unsupported and unfounded.
If you don't like Sigs, don't buy them.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 10:04:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By bnz42:
Your premise is unsupported and unfounded.
If you don't like Sigs, don't buy them.
View Quote

A local shop has an entire section, like 20% of the total floor space devoted to Sig stuff. Like a mini Sig store. Suppressors, pistols, optics, auto rifles, bolt rifles...

Every competition I go to, there are a solid percentage of guys shooting Sig. Several of my co-workers and friends daily carry Sig. A good buddy let me shoot his P365 XL Macro big mac or whatever stupid fuck name they gave it. Aside from the .5" of trigger creep, it seems like a pretty ideal carry pistol. Sig must be doing something right.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 10:08:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Switchback_Arms] [#25]
I like Sig, the P226 was my first handgun.

I love my MPX, P365xl, multiple Romeo5s, and I regret selling my P938.

I think one of their greatest assets and worst problems is rapid iteration of products.

The MCX and MPX for example went through a lot of changes relatively quickly after they were released.  This is annoying but also they've turned into better products.

I would guess they received a ton of feedback, then made updates due to the feedback.  That should be a good thing.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 10:12:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By MallNinja531:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MallNinja531:
Originally Posted By Rudukai13:

Link Posted: 5/2/2024 10:13:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Because they got the mil contract and Glock didn't.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 10:16:59 PM EDT
[#28]
They price their guns like a premium brand when they're at best average tier. 1000 dollars for a base model P226 with no optics cut is insane. 4k for a glorified AR-10 is also insane.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 10:17:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DK-Prof] [#29]
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 10:18:21 PM EDT
[#30]
With the new guns, them releasing a gun that would fire when dropped and then doing a "kinda sorta recall if ya wanna send it in" really turned me off. Then it seems every time you turn around they are pushing something "new" for a govt contract.

I like the classic p22X series and I haven't seen anything bad with the red dots I've seen.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 10:21:53 PM EDT
[#31]
I think SIG Sauer built some of the best semi-auto handguns in the world, from the 70s to the 90s. I really don't keep up with them all that much now.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 10:24:34 PM EDT
[#32]
I must be the luckiest MF'er alive!

My first handgun at 18 was a German 225 (Still have it). 5 years later started carrying them for work too, and have for 20 years.

Work guns - All 9mm

German 226
US P226R
Mk25
P239
P320 Pro

Including the above, currently own or have owned

P225 x2
P226 x3
P239 x2
P228
P228R
P220
320 X5 Legion
P365 Macro (no comp)
P365XL
P365
Mosquito - Complete POS but give them a pass as they didn't make the gun.

Never have I used SIGs customer service other than sending a P226R to them to go through completely many years ago for a refurbish. Other than regular cleaning and changing out recoil springs, zero problems.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 10:29:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Because all I can afford is a glock.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 10:34:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By DK-Prof:
SIG is pretty amazing,even if overpriced.

SIG-Sauer is a bit of a mixed bag.

Words (and acronyms) matter.  SIG as a company hasn't existed since the 1970s  
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 10:39:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Grendelsbane:
HK level arrogance, Olympic level QC, a willingness to orphan products at the drop of a hat, and the tendency to use the end user as the beta tester
View Quote

They were blasting away on the NGSW the last two times I was there.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 10:42:45 PM EDT
[#36]
I'll answer the OP's question a bit more succinctly;

Because it's lonely at the top, Baby. It's lonely at the top.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 10:46:51 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By STRIKE504:
They only warranty their electro optics in the kilo line rangefinders for 5 years from manufacture date. Apparently mine was sitting in an amazon warehouse for 3 years and they offered me a coupon on my next purchase. Bought a vortex instead.
View Quote
I forgot to include "their pistol dots break"
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 10:52:31 AM EDT
[#38]
I wish they would make stainless framed P22*s again
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 11:06:21 AM EDT
[#39]
I've had a few Sigs over the years and sold a ton of Sigs through my old job at the LGS. Saw a number of QC issues through 2005 - 2014 , but I think they make decent stuff. They seem to get side tracked chasing trends or things , but overall ok. Can't say much intrigues me with their line up , but everyone is different. Dropping support on some lines was and is pretty lame , FN seems to model that though.

I still have my West German 228's and I have an old M400 that's been modified that I love.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 11:11:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: towerofpower94] [#40]
Originally Posted By 03RN:
Because they called my employer and told them to have me stop posting on arfcom.
View Quote

@03RN

Backstory???

ETA: answered
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 11:15:14 AM EDT
[#41]
Good stop buying sigs. More for me pussies.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 11:16:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JoeJeeps] [#42]
Originally Posted By DernHumpus:
I forgot to include "their pistol dots break"
View Quote

They've upped their game in that department. The enclosed emitter they have looks awesome. My wife's 365XL came with the new Romeo X. Lifetime warranty. It's a tank, excellent glass (no fisheye) and very crisp reticle. There are videos of guys driving nails with this optic and now seeing it in person I totally believe it.

What I'd add to your list: They stop supporting their products. I always buy extra parts because I know Sig won't have them in 2-3 years.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 11:17:32 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By brownbomber:
SIG USA is a trash company with zero commitment to quality.  I'm mystified as to why people buy the garbage they sell and act surprised when it shits the bed.
View Quote
Sadly, this.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 11:18:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BobRoberts] [#44]
Originally Posted By Missilegeek:

A local shop has an entire section, like 20% of the total floor space devoted to Sig stuff. Like a mini Sig store. Suppressors, pistols, optics, auto rifles, bolt rifles...

Every competition I go to, there are a solid percentage of guys shooting Sig. Several of my co-workers and friends daily carry Sig. A good buddy let me shoot his P365 XL Macro big mac or whatever stupid fuck name they gave it. Aside from the .5" of trigger creep, it seems like a pretty ideal carry pistol. Sig must be doing something right.
View Quote

Its because their shit sells. For all the people that shit on them for the multiple colors or finishes are 5 customers that like the "gimmick" and want that model. Not every pistol needs to be black and they wouldn't keep making them if customers didnt fork over cash for. They also do a good job of listening to the market and innovating. For the most part the firearms industry is pretty rest on your laurels, keep making the same thing for 70 years. It does sometimes leave orphaned product lines which sucks and they should do better supporting. On the flip side the 365 and MCX have pretty the trumped the market in their categories both with civilian market but professional/agencies also.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 11:22:23 AM EDT
[#45]

They used to make these.

Link Posted: 5/3/2024 11:24:44 AM EDT
[#46]

Aside from the .5" of trigger creep, it seems like a pretty ideal carry pistol.
View Quote

Creep or takeup? Admittedly the takeup is long, but since there's no other trigger safety I get it. The actual break is excellent for a factory trigger (after 500+ rounds through the gun). The reset is also short and tactile.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 11:29:46 AM EDT
[#47]
Indian parts
Expensive mags that rust
320 voluntary upgrade
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 11:45:39 AM EDT
[#48]
I don't like how they continuously make the end user beta test their products and abandon support for older ones. Thats pretty shitty.  

I would consider owning a legacy P series pistol though.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 11:57:57 AM EDT
[#49]
Yawn…

Just about everyone I know shoots a p365 in one config or another now and I can’t think of any of us that’s had a problem with one.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 3:13:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By JoeJeeps:

Creep or takeup? Admittedly the takeup is long, but since there's no other trigger safety I get it. The actual break is excellent for a factory trigger (after 500+ rounds through the gun). The reset is also short and tactile.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JoeJeeps:

Aside from the .5" of trigger creep, it seems like a pretty ideal carry pistol.

You are right, I meant takeup.
Page / 7
Top Top