BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 5/3/2024 10:37:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By byron2112:
I like the P365 series because its all the firepower I need in the carry package that works for me, from what I understand it's the best selling pistol in this country.

Back in the day, like 30 years ago, I admired the brand thought of them as kinda like the Cadillac of pistols... sorta-kinda exotic... but they just never fit my hand so never owned one... eventually owned a P6 because it was same handsome/iconic piece at a bargain price, but still didn't fit my hand , eventually sold it off.

That's my only experience with the company.
View Quote

"it's the best selling pistol in this country."

As an FFL, I can confirm the national numbers are realistic, the most moved semi-auto in our store is the P365 and P365 XMacro. Probably followed by the P320 and then G19/G47/G43X.

A lot of the hate deep down simmers from a non-Glock being the countries best seller. And we know how the anti-Glock people would trash Glock, the Sig-hate as of lately stems a lot from this. Commercial popularity, military contracts, and popularity in shooting circles triggers many.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 10:39:28 PM EDT
[#2]
When their CEO tried to claim it was perfectly normal acceptable for handguns to drop when fired, I lost all respect for them as a company.

All the other shit didn’t help either.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 10:42:19 PM EDT
[#3]
LOL

Unfavorable?

Link Posted: 5/3/2024 10:43:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By DernHumpus:
Maybe that's what brings me here.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By timeless:
I thought firearms instructors were required to know about guns.
Maybe that's what brings me here.

I need a business name to know what instructor to NOT refer.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 10:43:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Missilegeek:

A local shop has an entire section, like 20% of the total floor space devoted to Sig stuff. Like a mini Sig store. Suppressors, pistols, optics, auto rifles, bolt rifles...

Every competition I go to, there are a solid percentage of guys shooting Sig. Several of my co-workers and friends daily carry Sig. A good buddy let me shoot his P365 XL Macro big mac or whatever stupid fuck name they gave it. Aside from the .5" of trigger creep, it seems like a pretty ideal carry pistol. Sig must be doing something right.
View Quote

Most of the hate you see is due to a non-Glock being the best selling semi-auto in the country (P365), combined with the fact that numerous first world countries' police and militaries (Canada, Australia, France, Denmark, Spain, etc.)are selecting Sigs recently that years back typically went to Glock (or to a lesser extent H&K)

The recent Sig-hate doesn't surprise me, I've been selling firearms at my FFL long enough to remember all the trash I would hear about Glocks (.40 and reloader kabooms, 1990s recalls/safety upgrades, 2x4 ergonomics, unreliable with WML, numerous changes to the slide finish, junk plastic sights, etc.)
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 10:49:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By S-1:
I must be the luckiest MF'er alive!

My first handgun at 18 was a German 225 (Still have it). 5 years later started carrying them for work too, and have for 20 years.

Work guns - All 9mm

German 226
US P226R
Mk25
P239
P320 Pro

Including the above, currently own or have owned

P225 x2
P226 x3
P239 x2
P228
P228R
P220
320 X5 Legion
P365 Macro (no comp)
P365XL
P365
Mosquito - Complete POS but give them a pass as they didn't make the gun.

Never have I used SIGs customer service other than sending a P226R to them to go through completely many years ago for a refurbish. Other than regular cleaning and changing out recoil springs, zero problems.
View Quote

We are an FFL and Sig is our #1 selling handgun brand, just about everyone is very content with them and we have not witnessed any customers reporting parts breakages or poor reliability. Almost all the problems I continues to see are all user error (bone dry guns not being cleaned, junk or anemic ammo, not reassembling the gun properly, install of poor quality 3rd party accessories, etc.)

I have a personal collection of about 8 or 9 Sigs (P320s, P365s, MPX, Spear-LT, P229) and have yet to have a single parts breakage or malfunction through the thousands of rounds each gun has had. My Sigs have been more reliable than my Glocks, and my Glocks were already 98-99% reliable. The this statement will trigger people though.

By far the brand that we see the most QC/finish/parts breakage issues with are by far with Smith & Wesson and Ruger products (excluding their revolvers, but with their semi-auto pistols and rifles). Glock and Sig have hands down the best customer service both for FFLs and commercial sales in our experience.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 10:53:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: italianstallion95] [#7]
Originally Posted By BuckeyeRifleman:
When their CEO tried to claim it was perfectly normal acceptable for handguns to drop when fired, I lost all respect for them as a company.

All the other shit didn’t help either.
View Quote

So when Glock issued multiple silent recalls/upgrade programs in 1992 and 1993, did you lose all respect for Glocks also ?

I love the double standard on here. Ruger, S&W, Beretta, Glock, FN, Kimber, Walther, and others all had a "recall/safety upgrade program/voluntary recall" for at least one of their models due to some type of "accidental discharge" or drop-fire or even slam fire situation. If the problem people are still having is with calling the program a VUP and not a recall, then we can't help them. Both are covered at no cost by the manufacturer including shipping and it doesn't matter if you are the 1st or 20th owner of the firearm.

If Ron Cohen did in fact say that a P320 drop-firing was normally acceptable, then why was the upgrade program issued, starting with P320s in MHS testing ?
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 11:14:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Glocked:
I like what Sigs been doing with rifles and PCCs. I can over look problems when you’re innovating and not putting out a stagnant product line.

Their handguns never interested me much, only one I ever bought had a shitty soft metal decocker bar that would bend and fail anytime you actually tried to use it.
View Quote

Now name one other gun you own with that problem you consider acceptable.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 11:24:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By italianstallion95:

Sig is one of the very few manufacturers pushing boundaries and coming out with innovative products especially compared to Glocks, it is no surprise there will be teething problems. However, most of these are overblown especially when internet recycling starts, now some are saying the P938 is not drop safe to now P320s blowing up when Glocks loaded with the wrong handloads for 30+ years. So much double standard out there.

I'm an FFL and although P365s/P320s are among our best selling pistols and the M400 among our best selling rifles, we have not had any customers detailing their bad or RMA experiences. The brand that we have had by far the most finish/QC issues with NIB guns requiring RMA is Smith & Wesson, then followed by Ruger.

I personally own a good amount of firearms, and at the moment I have about 8 or 9 SIGs (P365s, Spear-LT, P320s, MPXs). Thousands of rounds between each Sig I own, and I have yet to have a parts breakage, catastrophic failure, or fight stopping malfunction. Of course I shoot quality ammo Fiocchi/Hornady/S&B/Federal and clean my firearms after every range session.

Again, a lot of this recent hate stems for Glock not being the most popular kid on the block, combined with Sig winning numerous military contracts that usually Glock or H&K or FN were taking, and the fact that a non-Glock is apparently the best selling pistol in the country (P365).
View All Quotes
I want to like Sig as a manufacturer, but they sure have a lot of black eyes these days and the fanbois still run rampant.

Sig is one of the very few manufacturers pushing boundaries and coming out with innovative products especially compared to Glocks, it is no surprise there will be teething problems. However, most of these are overblown especially when internet recycling starts, now some are saying the P938 is not drop safe to now P320s blowing up when Glocks loaded with the wrong handloads for 30+ years. So much double standard out there.

I'm an FFL and although P365s/P320s are among our best selling pistols and the M400 among our best selling rifles, we have not had any customers detailing their bad or RMA experiences. The brand that we have had by far the most finish/QC issues with NIB guns requiring RMA is Smith & Wesson, then followed by Ruger.

I personally own a good amount of firearms, and at the moment I have about 8 or 9 SIGs (P365s, Spear-LT, P320s, MPXs). Thousands of rounds between each Sig I own, and I have yet to have a parts breakage, catastrophic failure, or fight stopping malfunction. Of course I shoot quality ammo Fiocchi/Hornady/S&B/Federal and clean my firearms after every range session.

Again, a lot of this recent hate stems for Glock not being the most popular kid on the block, combined with Sig winning numerous military contracts that usually Glock or H&K or FN were taking, and the fact that a non-Glock is apparently the best selling pistol in the country (P365).

A few mouthbreathers in GD says otherwise! Stop with your lies!

Funny that you mentioned S&W. I was voluntold to attend a M&P/Shield armorers course a few month ago. The Smith rep was saying don't buy a gun from them right now.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 11:25:02 PM EDT
[#10]

A few mouthbreathers in GD says otherwise! Stop with your lies!

Funny that you mentioned S&W. I was voluntold to attend a M&P/Shield armorers course a few month ago. The Smith rep was saying don't buy a gun from them right now.
View Quote

Right, everyone you disagree with is a liar. What's new ?
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 11:32:13 PM EDT
[#11]

Isn't that capitalism? No one is forcing you to buy any of that, so how can we blame too much variety as bad now? Haven't you seen a S&W or Ruger product catalog Lol
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By skindroid:

For better or worse, you're totally correct.

A lot of their designs/variations are bullshit though - they could probably cut like 40% of their lineup and still have twice as much dumb shit as other manufacturers.

examples:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/430189/1000001240_jpg-3204595.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/430189/1000001239_jpg-3204600.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/430189/1000001238_jpg-3204596.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/430189/1000001237_jpg-3204597.JPG

there is a fuckload more where that came from

Isn't that capitalism? No one is forcing you to buy any of that, so how can we blame too much variety as bad now? Haven't you seen a S&W or Ruger product catalog Lol

I'm not sure what you are trying to say because all I'm saying is Sig makes a lot of stupid shit these days and has bad QC.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 11:37:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: italianstallion95] [#12]

I'm not sure what you are trying to say because all I'm saying is Sig makes a lot of stupid shit these days and has bad QC.
View Quote

If someone wants a rainbow slide P365 or the XTen with a weird slide finish or something similar, they buy it and that's it. I think some of those are pretty ugly but then again we've had transfers for camo Hi Point carbines, pink SCCYs, and every shade of Glock covered in the worst Cerakotes, so I am not going to scoff at variety, you do you and no one is forcing you to buy any of this.

At our FFL, I already mentioned the two brands that by far had the worst finish/quality issues that require an RMA - S&W and Ruger.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 11:39:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Grendelsbane:
HK level arrogance, Olympic level QC, a willingness to orphan products at the drop of a hat, and the tendency to use the end user as the beta tester
View Quote

This is a very concise summary

Bought an MCX, SBR'd it, like 2 months later they did V2 and changed juuuust enough that uppers don't swap etc.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 12:05:24 AM EDT
[#14]

If someone wants a rainbow slide P365 or the XTen with a weird slide finish or something similar, they buy it and that's it. I think some of those are pretty ugly but then again we've had transfers for camo Hi Point carbines, pink SCCYs, and every shade of Glock covered in the worst Cerakotes, so I am not going to scoff at variety, you do you and no one is forcing you to buy any of this.

At our FFL, I already mentioned the two brands that by far had the worst finish/quality issues that require an RMA - S&W and Ruger.
View All Quotes

even quality of their paid shills has taken severe nose dive...
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 12:14:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Only Sig I was ever interested in was the MCX in 300. Got one and it’s been awesome. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Link Posted: 5/4/2024 12:15:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By M1Zeppelin:

I’m not sure if that’s true. There are some people familiar with the process and I believe they had stated that Glock wasn’t even given a chance even after submitting a G17 and 19 for trials.

I will say that it is my unprofessional opinion that had the new Sig undergone the testing that the 1911 and the Beretta had done in the past, that several of the piss poor short comings SHOULD have been spotted.

But I’m just a dude on the internet.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By M1Zeppelin:
Originally Posted By sierra-def:
Originally Posted By PabloMcGlock:

And the Glock outperformed the Sig in the trials.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/subnetfavoritelol-1033.gif

Dude, username is fitting for sure with this post.

The guns were neck and neck at best with each other. Sig learned from Beretta how to play the game. Don't be sore.

I’m not sure if that’s true. There are some people familiar with the process and I believe they had stated that Glock wasn’t even given a chance even after submitting a G17 and 19 for trials.

I will say that it is my unprofessional opinion that had the new Sig undergone the testing that the 1911 and the Beretta had done in the past, that several of the piss poor short comings SHOULD have been spotted.

But I’m just a dude on the internet.

Chris Bartocci went into detail about the MHS program and showed the results chart from testing.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 12:47:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By crashburnrepeat:

Bought an MCX, SBR'd it, like 2 months later they did V2 and changed juuuust enough that uppers don't swap etc.
View Quote
Huh? Legacy and Virtus and Spear-LT have different length top rails so the handguards don't swap, but there's even companies out there that can cut them.

Or just change your barrel/bolt to Virtus/Spear-LT. Os there something wrong with your MCX other than it's not the newest model?
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 12:48:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: desertmoon] [#18]
Why is Sig an Unfavorable Manufacturer?

Well.  My answer would be:  "A cunt name Ron Cohen".  Fuck that scumbag.  He's a George Soros wanna be shitheel.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:55:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MartinSsempa] [#19]
Sig uses only the finest Indian MIM pot metals in their offerings. The premature rusting of slides and mags is a sign of the “To hell and back reliability” that Sig boys claim.
View Quote

According to the soy boys on the sig reddit, you just need to apply oil to your carry gun daily to prevent rusting because that level of maintenance is totally normal for an EDC
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 3:21:38 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By MartinSsempa:

According to the soy boys on the sig reddit, you just need to apply oil to your carry gun daily to prevent rusting because that level of maintenance is totally normal for an EDC
View Quote

The only rust I've ever had on a SIG is on the old German guns over the years.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 5:17:36 AM EDT
[#21]
The ones that say “West Germany” on the side are fine.  Lots of them still soldiering on.  Plenty of folks carried P226’s and P220’s as duty guns back in the day with good results.  

I just could never shoot the double/single action well, so I sold my 220’s after I learned how to use them (so I could teach people shooting them).  Regret selling them now…

All the rest/new stuff- meh at best.  Too many issues, too many dropped models, list goes on and on.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 6:40:09 AM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

The only Sig I ever owned was a W. German 226 that I got in '94 for work. It started rusting within the first couple of weeks. So many of us with Sigs had the same problem that they refinished our guns.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 7:30:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PabloMcGlock] [#23]

View All Quotes

There’s a plethora of video and picture evidence online of the modern Sig offerings rusting slides and mags. The P320 and P365 Macro I foolishly bought both had these issues. My early MK25 and P226 Sigs have never had rust issues.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 7:56:01 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 9:17:10 AM EDT
[#25]
My first sig was an M11A1 which was my main carry for a few years. I finally sold it as i just can't get into DA/SA no matter how much I tried (my first carry handgun was a 1911). It was an awesome damn gun though and I do miss it.

My main carry is a P938-Sports-13 which has been flawless in almost 10 years of carry and thousands of rounds. I just got a threaded barrel to play around with my new OSS9 can so excited to try it out. Also time to refresh the ol' gal with some new springs just to be safe.

I also have:
  • P226 Legion SAO. This is my wifes bedside gun. She stole it from me after shooting it once she liked it so much. No issues.
  • P220 Legion SAO 45acp. No issues. Love it with the 10rd factory extendos
  • German P226 X-Five Tactical SAO. Holy fucking shit what more is there to say about this thing. Boner time.
  • P320 X-Carry. Had this for years as my bedside battlebelt gun. No issues. Was great with an optic. I wound up trading it for an M18 as I wanted the thumb safety for consistency. In years of ownership, firing, drawing,reholstering etc. no single issues or AD/ND. I think i'm going to swap the frame for an X-compact as I like the relief they have in the X cuts better though. But that's the brilliance of the 320/365. The swappability off of one FCG is unlimited.

Up next on my list:
  • P226 X-Five Legion. Because why wouldn't I want another SAO sig.
  • P365. When the P938 finally wears the fuck out or i finally get bored i'm getting a P365 optic ready manual safety. Again not really worried about drop safety I just like to keep a consistent manual of arms. Plus with it's modularity I can get bigger frames if I ever want to replace my G19.4 I have too and basically get 2 guns for 1.
  • P226 Legion SAO. I want it for funsies. Doesn't really plug a gap.
  • P220 Legion Carry SAO. Unicorn. Only about 500 made. They pop up from time to time on GB. Just haven't had the money/timing in alignment.
  • Wishful Thinking: P210 (Carry) with a rail. I know it's useless but i'd love a railed 210 or railed 210 carry. I doubt they'll ever make it. I'll go yell at them at SOF Week and see what they say.

Link Posted: 5/4/2024 9:41:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Also, as far as the AD/ND issues after they fixed the original "drop" issue...it's not the components in the gun, it's the nut behind the trigger. People bitched about the glock trigger for years so sig made a striker fired gun with a great trigger. But...it is not tolerant to bullshittery due to its lack of dingus. Shitty holsters, shitty handling, etc. are causing these issues. It is 100% an ID-10-T error. Plenty of dumbfucks glocklegged themself back in the day too.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 9:58:35 AM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

Just one of many examples.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SigSauer/comments/18awjqp/rusty_365_customer_service_issue/

As usual, the poster is met with low IQ responses from Sig fan boys to lubricate his gun and magazines daily when no other manufacturer requires that level of care. They need to convince themselves that the $1000+ that they spent on the latest Sig Legion Tac Ops Nightmare Limited Edition Curry Infused P320/P365 was a good value when it's not.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 10:06:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CanNevrHaveEnuffGuns] [#28]
Poll should’ve allowed multiple selections.

Also, they release stuff which gets discontinued and goes unsupported.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 10:07:30 AM EDT
[#29]

https://www.reddit.com/r/SigSauer/comments/18awjqp/rusty_365_customer_service_issue/

As usual, the poster is met with low IQ responses from Sig fan boys to lubricate his gun and magazines daily when no other manufacturer requires that level of care. They need to convince themselves that the $1000+ that they spent on the latest Sig Legion Tac Ops Nightmare Limited Edition Curry Infused P320/P365 was a good value when it's not.
View All Quotes

Almost every time i've seen a gun with "rust issues" is because some nasty fatbody was fupa carrying it for years.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 10:09:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: buck19delta] [#30]
If sig had stuck to only making P-220 / P-226 pistols and cut down versions since 1988 while only changing the grip panels they would have few issues and basically be glock, whos made basically the exact same guns g-17 / g-19 and cut down versions for the last 40 years.

You can bitch about sig for various reasons,  but they damn sure do try new things, bring out all new designs, where glock is still basically only making the same exact guns for 40+ years, and only very recently started anything that could remotely be considered  “ new “.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 12:16:25 PM EDT
[#31]

There’s a plethora of video and picture evidence online of the modern Sig offerings rusting slides and mags. The P320 and P365 Macro I foolishly bought both had these issues. My early MK25 and P226 Sigs have never had rust issues.
View Quote

Cool. That can be said for any gun.

I was just stating my experience.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 3:13:41 PM EDT
[#32]

View Quote
Let me post a pic of the horror:

It shouldn't do that, but all I'd do is take my AP brush, and in five strokes, it would be gone.

I've had guns from all major manufacturers do the same. I certainly wouldn't bitch about it on the internet.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 3:32:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By buck19delta:
If sig had stuck to only making P-220 / P-226 pistols and cut down versions since 1988 while only changing the grip panels they would have few issues and basically be glock, whos made basically the exact same guns g-17 / g-19 and cut down versions for the last 40 years.

You can bitch about sig for various reasons,  but they damn sure do try new things, bring out all new designs, where glock is still basically only making the same exact guns for 40+ years, and only very recently started anything that could remotely be considered  “ new “.
View Quote

My Sig carbine sure outshoots my Glock carbine...
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 3:37:54 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

The only rust I've experienced with my P320 is actually from the Wilson Combat grip module mag release button rusting. The other parts are fine, including the magazines.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 3:45:07 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

When did SIG start using mim parts? My newest one is a 2017, I think.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 3:46:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By raygixxer89:

View Quote

A couple decades ago.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 3:56:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By 11boomboom:

A couple decades ago.
View All Quotes

A couple decades ago.

Oh shit, lol.
I guess they know how to make them, then. All of mine are the 200 series and I'm pretty confident they'll work as designed and last a good while.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 3:59:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By crownvic96:
Almost every time i've seen a gun with "rust issues" is because some nasty fatbody was fupa carrying it for years.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By crownvic96:

I had a Glock that went with me in and out of water all summer, with tons of salty sweat in between.  It eventually gunked up with lint, pulverized twigs, and granite dust… but it didn’t rust.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 4:03:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By crashburnrepeat:

View Quote

Here's what they did that upset me. I bought a 556 as soon as they were released ('07?), because I'd always wanted a 55x, and it seemed like a great option that was actually affordable.

I bought a bunch of shit to make it more like the 551/2: imported handguards from Switzerland, the stock that looked most similar to the OG, got a diopter rear sight and replaced the front POS with a mil-style shielded post, bought translucent Lancer mags... I was trying to figure out the best way to get the stock to fold when...

After I spent tons of money on it, the next version came with all that shit and a folding stock - for the same price I spent several hundred dollars "customizing" it for nothing.

I still have it and shoot it often. It's super-reliable and has above-average accuracy. I wouldn't hesitate to use it in an emergency... however, the experience annoyed me just enough to make my lip curl a bit when I see Sig.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 4:06:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11boomboom] [#40]

Oh shit, lol.
I guess they know how to make them, then. All of mine are the 200 series and I'm pretty confident they'll work as designed and last a good while.
View Quote

It depends, there were open issues with the QC on the Indian MIM stuff, but there hasn't been too many issues anymore with the P365 and the MIM parts. The MIM in their 1911s and DA/SA guns have been perfectly fine. The MIM in the P320s doesn't seem to be a problem either, as it seems to be a handling issue or the old drop safe issue.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 4:47:03 PM EDT
[#41]

It depends, there were open issues with the QC on the Indian MIM stuff, but there hasn't been too many issues anymore with the P365 and the MIM parts. The MIM in their 1911s and DA/SA guns have been perfectly fine. The MIM in the P320s doesn't seem to be a problem either, as it seems to be a handling issue or the old drop safe issue.
View All Quotes

Oh shit, lol.

That's why I'm not worried. Mine are da/sa guns. Just picked up my P227 FDE this past Tuesday. Freaking can't wait to shoot it.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 4:53:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Do SIGs rust? Do they shoot themselves? Do they have poor QC? Do their rifle barrels flex in the receiver?

Maybe, maybe not. But why risk it when there are so many other choices out there?
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 5:15:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By JAG2955:
It shouldn't do that, but all I'd do is take my AP brush, and in five strokes, it would be gone.
View Quote
Professional LEO aint got time for dat
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 6:25:48 PM EDT
[#44]
Let me post a pic of the horror:
https://preview.redd.it/rusty-365-customer-service-issue-v0-86h7pt15wc4c1.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=f4d610c9be812116141bd6b36124e5a93e25bcbb

I've had guns from all major manufacturers do the same. I certainly wouldn't bitch about it on the internet.
View Quote

No metal pistol sight on the market is going to be coated in anything as strong as Sig's Nitron, Glock's NDLC, etc. finish. Plus, metal sights are almost always made by a 3rd party. In Sig's case they sourced most of their tritium sights from Meprolight, and later to Trijicon. That's why the first thing to rust on a gun is commonly the steel sights. I'm surprised some on here are still blaming the gun for this.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 6:55:20 PM EDT
[#45]

No metal pistol sight on the market is going to be coated in anything as strong as Sig's Nitron, Glock's NDLC, etc. finish. Plus, metal sights are almost always made by a 3rd party. In Sig's case they sourced most of their tritium sights from Meprolight, and later to Trijicon. That's why the first thing to rust on a gun is commonly the steel sights. I'm surprised some on here are still blaming the gun for this.
View Quote
Bruhhhh, you've got to remember that Sig stole the military handgun contract! Muh Glawk should have won!
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 7:15:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Bruhhhh, you've got to remember that Sig stole the military handgun contract! Muh Glawk should have won!
View All Quotes

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 7:25:39 PM EDT
[#47]
View Quote
Nailed it.

Honestly, the military handgun contract is about as important in the grand scheme of things as the military stapler contract.

Now if they'd start equipping some people with an M17 in a Flux Raider chassis with a red dot as their T/O weapon, I would tell a different story.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 7:31:06 PM EDT
[#48]
If you need service and your gun is over a year old its 55.00 for shipping.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 7:33:16 PM EDT
[#49]
I feel like I've been bamboozled.  Here I am enjoying my Sig guns, and all along I was unaware they were an "unfavorable manufacturer"...

I guess I need to sell them and maybe buy some KACs (have 2), a Geissele (have 3), and Daniel Defense (have 3), maybe some Colts (have an M16A1 full auto in ATF Form 4 hell, technically haven't shot it yet).

Arfcom GD basement dwellers have convinced me of the error of my ways.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 8:29:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: italianstallion95] [#50]
Nailed it.
Now if they'd start equipping some people with an M17 in a Flux Raider chassis with a red dot as their T/O weapon, I would tell a different story.
View Quote

SOCOM is evaluating Flux Raiders for their M17s
https://www.sandboxx.us/news/socoms-potential-new-firearm-is-a-revolution/#:~:text=The%20Flux%20Raider%20allows%20the,a%20submachine%20gun%2Dsized%20weapon.
Page / 7
Top Top