Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 3:54:29 PM EDT
[#1]
How are you going to blur it out for people driving down your street?
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 3:54:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 1975:
On Google Earth, even if you block street view you can still survey the property from the sky.
View Quote

Well this is disappointing.  I've been waiting years for GE to update their imagery. The finally did and it's crap.

Bing is better.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 3:55:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By JustinS:
The google car drove by our house and the garage door was open.  I had them blur the house so the whole world didn’t see in our garage.

Street view in residential neighborhoods is a little creepy.
View Quote

I flip them the bird whenever I see those vehicles.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 3:56:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By JimEb:
Whatever you do, don’t google your name.  

That ‘white pages’ website is frickin creepy.  It shows me as having 2 professional certifications.   I don’t want to pay money to see what they are but bet one’s my pilot’s license.   The other ???…CCW?, motorcycle endorsement on DL?
View Quote

I have a fairly common first and last name.

"Wasn't me."
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 3:57:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Ambridge77:
I don't know if it's a good idea or not,
but I am much older now, and no longer
have the energy to waste being paranoid.

View Quote

But.....but....they're out to GET YOU!!!!
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 3:59:00 PM EDT
[#6]
We’re in a gated community, there is no street view for our house

What’s weird is there’s a hiking trail behind our house, when you click on Google street view it highlights that trail and you can pick a spot on it to view the backside of our house

Link Posted: 5/3/2024 4:03:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Why?

Also, I'd rather have a "filter" option to make it look like a castle, Pizza Hut, steel mill, or something.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 5:21:49 PM EDT
[#8]
C
Originally Posted By Mojo_Jojo:
I wonder what the owners think they are achieving by doing this.  
View Quote

Cause fuck google.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 5:29:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Every home owner should do it so it makes it worthless to all
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 5:31:54 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote
Yep, anyone that wants to can drive up and take far better pictures than you can get from Google Maps.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 5:32:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By ScopeScar:
Why?

Also, I'd rather have a "filter" option to make it look like a castle, Pizza Hut, steel mill, or something.
View Quote

I like this idea. Maybe a "pride" filter?
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 9:30:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By JPN:

Volcano?  I'm supposed to have a volcano?  I'm still trying to figure out if I have a cave large enough to be worth opening up an entrance, and now you're telling me that I'm also supposed to be looking for a volcano?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FuriousYachtsman:
Do you not live behind a great wall of corn, in the dead center of at least 2000 acres of old growth forest, under an active volcano like the rest of us?

Volcano?  I'm supposed to have a volcano?  I'm still trying to figure out if I have a cave large enough to be worth opening up an entrance, and now you're telling me that I'm also supposed to be looking for a volcano?

If you’ve got a legit cave, I’m happily envious of you and hope it is worth entering as it’s a beautiful thing, and I wish you happy exploration.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 10:10:09 PM EDT
[#13]
I live on a public road. ANYBODY can drive right past my house and take photos and there isn’t anything I can do about that. I don’t see much point blurring street view.

Link Posted: 5/3/2024 10:22:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By TheLineIsReady:
Yes, it's absolutely a wise idea if you value your privacy and/or don't want to leave yourself vulnerable to weirdos, thieves, Jackboot.gov, or other actors you can't even imagine remotely casing your house.
View Quote

ZOMG they will know I live in a house with trees and flowers and shit!!
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 10:23:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By John-in-austin:
Did it years ago.  Damn thing took a pick of my truck hooked up to the boat.   The hull numbers on the boat were clear as day.
View Quote

Serious question but so what?
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 10:25:56 PM EDT
[#16]
This is me.  I watched the car drive by and checked the site for weeks wondering if it would be posted.

Link Posted: 5/4/2024 3:00:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By constitutionlvr:

If you’ve got a legit cave, I’m happily envious of you and hope it is worth entering as it’s a beautiful thing, and I wish you happy exploration.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By constitutionlvr:
Do you not live behind a great wall of corn, in the dead center of at least 2000 acres of old growth forest, under an active volcano like the rest of us?

When the flow in the creek drops to a certain amount, the water disappears at a certain spot, and you can hear the water falling into a space under the creek bed.  Not a usable prospect (not worth digging up to see if there is enough space to crawl around in), in my opinion, since it would be completely flooded when the creek is up, but it does make me wonder if I have any other spots worth checking.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 3:20:33 AM EDT
[#18]
No option here. The little white google car can't be inside the community.they tried once. It's called trespassing.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 4:17:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Most homes can be viewed anyway on some realtors page.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 4:24:48 AM EDT
[#20]
View Quote

+ .000005 more privacy acquired

Nevermind the fact that Google already sold their info to China 5 years ago.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 4:29:44 AM EDT
[#21]
They caught me Beating my Wife and Kicking the Dog down the stairs.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 5:35:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Around here it seems like the sex offenders do it.

Not only to the street view, but also the satellite view.

Link Posted: 5/4/2024 5:57:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By SgtThump:
This is me.  I watched the car drive by and checked the site for weeks wondering if it would be posted.

https://i.imgur.com/5lGCqFu.jpeg
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/4/2024 6:02:43 AM EDT
[#24]
View Quote

That is just my smaller, diversionary property.  It keeps the poachers off the 5,000 acres I actually live on.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 7:04:47 AM EDT
[#25]
Someone has on-line photos of what can be seen from the street any day of the week?

Oh hell no. My daughter often sneaks out without a burka and that would bring the justified wrath of the modesty police.

Link Posted: 5/4/2024 7:11:13 AM EDT
[#26]
I had them blur my house.  I was outside working and they drove by with my garage door open.  You could see all the tools, etc. everything I have in my garage.  I go through a lot of effort to keep it closed and prying eyes away due to renter neighbors, and here it was for the whole world to see. No thanks.  And they blurred every angle you can see it from, not just the front.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 7:14:24 AM EDT
[#27]
No see my house from road.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 7:35:17 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By TN-MadDog:
I live on a public road. ANYBODY can drive right past my house and take photos and there isn't anything I can do about that. I don't see much point blurring street view.

View Quote
careful they might see you license plate too!

Link Posted: 5/4/2024 8:53:03 AM EDT
[#29]
My little brother did this and was so proud of himself so I drove by his house snapped pics and text them to him. You’re not accomplishing anything unless you figure out how to remove your address from the net.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 9:28:16 AM EDT
[#30]
Google maps stayed half a mile from my house and were driving 70.  City boy problems.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 9:29:56 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By PabloMcGlock:
My little brother did this and was so proud of himself so I drove by his house snapped pics and text them to him. You’re not accomplishing anything unless you figure out how to remove your address from the net.
View Quote

What comes up when you type his address in Zillow or Redfin?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top