[#1]
Why not?
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 5:04:07 AM EDT
[#2]
It means you're a commie shit.
Fish are surprisingly intelligent.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 5:41:46 AM EDT
[#3]
As previously pointed out, Detroit’s octopus represents the 8 games needed to win the cup.

But what has recently chafed my balls is, why the hell is everyone interjecting their “something “ into the national anthem?
For instance, I’m a Golden Knights fan. During the anthem, the entire crowd screams KNIGHTS. “ gave proof through the KNIGHTS that our flag was still there”.
I feel like a freaking Hanson’s brother when I just want to listen to the freaking song!!
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 6:40:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: eracer] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By cavedog:
Don't be scared of the internet search engines.  They can actually help.

https://www.thrillist.com/lifestyle/nashville/nashville-predators-catfish-tradition-explained
View Quote

From the article:  "Fast forward to 2002, when the Wings came to Nashville, and some inspired Preds lover decided that the team needed its own twist on the toss, this time using a staple of local cuisine."

Local Cuisine?

Link Posted: 5/4/2024 6:47:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Tango-22:
I bet whoever threw it was a grown ass man wearing a jersey….
View Quote

I found this funnier than I thought I would
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 6:56:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By cavedog:
Don't be scared of the internet search engines.  They can actually help.

https://www.thrillist.com/lifestyle/nashville/nashville-predators-catfish-tradition-explained
View Quote

If we googled every question there would be no GD
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 7:19:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: UncleRemis] [#7]
https://youtu.be/ORiTZDvD9sA?si=6o_fFx5HV82N-Kos

Hit link fail
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 7:27:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By DayandNight1701:
Ill go a step further, and ask why does anyone like sportsball of any kind, then have so much free time and money to watch a game while hauling dead fish to it.  I'll never get it.
View Quote
Because they have actually touched a woman and she didn't scream and call the cops
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 7:30:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Ill go a step further, and ask why does anyone like sportsball of any kind, then have so much free time and money to watch a game while hauling dead fish to it.  I'll never get it.
View Quote

There’s no balls in Ice Hockey!
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 7:32:30 AM EDT
[#10]
View Quote
 Hockey uses a puck not a ball. But do feel superior anyway.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 7:43:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By macman37:

FL throws rats because their first arena was so bad there were rats in the locker rooms. Scott Mellanby killed one with his hockey stick and a legend (copying Detroit) was born.
View Quote

It goes further than that.  Mellanby killed the rat before the game, and then went on to score two goals in the game.  Two goals, plus one rat, equals a hat trick - err.... rat trick.  Hence the rubber rats thrown onto the ice.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 8:02:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ZF-1] [#12]
Originally Posted By UncleRemis:
As previously pointed out, Detroit’s octopus represents the 8 games needed to win the cup.

But what has recently chafed my balls is, why the hell is everyone interjecting their “something “ into the national anthem?
For instance, I’m a Golden Knights fan. During the anthem, the entire crowd screams KNIGHTS. “ gave proof through the KNIGHTS that our flag was still there”.
I feel like a freaking Hanson’s brother when I just want to listen to the freaking song!!
View Quote

First of all that's an Atlanta tradition. We've been doing that here for a loooooong time. Even for non hockey games.
Attachment Attached File

Second of all, the other Atlanta tradition is losing your hockey teams to other markets. 3x now.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlanta_Knights
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlanta_Flames
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlanta_Thrashers
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 9:41:15 AM EDT
[#13]
View Quote

“Why does anyone like what I don’t like!?  Look at how edgy I am!!”

Link Posted: 5/4/2024 9:52:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By FaygoJoe:
They're copying Detroit.  New Jersey, Nashville, Edmonton, San Jose, and Phoenix have all bit this tradition and tried to emulate it.  

EDIT:  I actually like Little Caesars pizza and everything but I'm still salty they decided against calling it the Faygo Dome after demolishing Joe Louis Arena.  I'm surprised it was even allowed to happen at all, to be honest.
View Quote

I’m salty that they didn’t retain Joe Louis Arena for the name.

I know, corporate sponsorships and all… but it was a nice throwback. Didn’t even name it “Little Caesars’ Joe Louis Arena” or anything.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 9:54:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Tango-22:
I bet whoever threw it was a grown ass man wearing a jersey….
View Quote

The easier to smuggle it in with, ba-duy.

Random thought: You’d think more of our size XXXXXL membership would warmly embrace the idea of hockey jerseys… Even the skinnier guys, you can hide a large gun under a hockey jersey (not to the game, just around town). Things that make you go hmm. 🤔
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 9:56:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By ceetee:

It goes further than that.  Mellanby killed the rat before the game, and then went on to score two goals in the game.  Two goals, plus one rat, equals a hat trick - err.... rat trick.  Hence the rubber rats thrown onto the ice.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ceetee:

FL throws rats because their first arena was so bad there were rats in the locker rooms. Scott Mellanby killed one with his hockey stick and a legend (copying Detroit) was born.

Aha! Thanks for the assist. I read the account in a Rinkside magazine years ago, and forgot those details.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 9:59:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Damn, y’all bitching about hockey being boring must be watching women’s FIELD hockey or something.

1. Find a town with a professional hockey team
2. Travel to that town
3. Purchase tickets
4. Watch game
5. Come back to this thread and offer your most sincere apologies (because your current opinion is incorrect).
6. Bonus if it’s a playoff or rivalry game.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 10:39:41 AM EDT
[#18]
I'll go a step further, and ask why does anyone like sportsball of any kind, then have so much free time and money to watch a game while hauling dead fish to it.  I'll never get it.
View Quote
We didn't ask you
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 10:44:27 AM EDT
[#19]
I'll go a step further, and ask why does anyone like sportsball of any kind, then have so much free time and money to watch a game while hauling dead fish to it.  I'll never get it.
View Quote
So edgy.   Get back to your basement.

Link Posted: 5/4/2024 10:47:15 AM EDT
[#20]
View Quote

People want to feel like they belong to a tribe, we're wired for it. With the breakdown of community and family, people are increasingly isolated and searching for something to belong to. This is also behind the rise of identity politics - people want to belong to a group.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:52:47 AM EDT
[#21]

The easier to smuggle it in with, ba-duy.

Random thought: You’d think more of our size XXXXXL membership would warmly embrace the idea of hockey jerseys… Even the skinnier guys, you can hide a large gun under a hockey jersey (not to the game, just around town). Things that make you go hmm. 🤔
View Quote

I should get into hockey so I can start wearing hockey jerseys.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 12:10:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By redfish86:
Damn, y’all bitching about hockey being boring must be watching women’s FIELD hockey or something.

2. Travel to that town
3. Purchase tickets
4. Watch game
5. Come back to this thread and offer your most sincere apologies (because your current opinion is incorrect).
6. Bonus if it’s a playoff or rivalry game.
View Quote

Monica.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 12:15:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Should have seen the chick who was in the stands drinking beer out of the catfish a game or 2 ago.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 12:16:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ShortyAK] [#24]
Originally Posted By 15jonshoot:
The tradition has continued over the years, with fans throwing octopuses onto the ice to celebrate the team's success and to bring good luck. The octopus has become a beloved symbol of the Red Wings and their fans, and its presence on the ice is often seen as a sign of good fortune and a harbinger of victory.
View Quote
Not by the people who have to clean them up.

edit: I guess, technically, getting paid to clean up octopus (octopii?) could be considered good fortune.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 5:16:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Well that’s a new one for me.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 6:37:15 PM EDT
[#26]
I remember back when the Bruins used to leave the opponents' teeth on this ice. The good old Days of Terry O'Reilly.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 6:47:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 549] [#27]
Originally Posted By redfish86:
snip
2. Travel to that town
3. Purchase tickets
4. Watch game
View Quote

6.Bonus if it’s a playoff or rivalry game.

I miss the Detroit - Colorado games back in the '90s.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 8:25:10 PM EDT
[#28]
https://youtu.be/lDBjM4o292g?si=ScTromjehvXnIteK

Link Posted: 5/4/2024 8:26:44 PM EDT
[#29]
https://youtu.be/lDBjM4o292g?si=ScTromjehvXnIteK
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top