Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:55:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By el_hombre:
I was a scout in the 80's and our troop was like a Ranger School prep group  We backpacked damn near every weekend in the Sierras, Winter camped in 20' of snow freezing our little nuts, shooting 22's, learning how to be MEN.
View Quote

80s and early 90s for me. Our troop was out of Fort Bragg and we did soo much awesome shit from the rappelling tower on base to regular hiking/camping trips through the Appalachian trail.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:55:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I hate to see traditions watered down, in the same way I hate to see females “integrated” into MCRD SD recruit training.  The thought of 80 shrill female voices sounding off at once makes me both laugh and cringe.  I mean, how can you take that shit seriously?

I could deal with having girls in the scouts better than I could having gay scoutmasters or encouraging gay scouts to “come out of the closet” though.  That’s a tough one.

Kids that age and into scouting shouldn’t have to be concerned with sexuality.  Far from it.

Some things should just be unapologetically exclusive.

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:55:46 PM EDT
[#3]
My kids are in cub scouts. So far it's been decent. The Scout leader/Master whatever actually told us that it was a boys only troop. Sucks the organization wants to be a bunch of fags.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:56:43 PM EDT
[#4]
You silly goose.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:56:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Number_Six] [#5]
Originally Posted By MrMackey:Boy-Scouts-changing-their-name-Because-inclusion
“When we think scouts we think knots and camping, but those are a means to an end," Minett said. “We are actually teaching kids a much bigger thing. We are teaching them how to have grit, and we’re teaching them life skills
View Quote

just don’t ask..?? #viral #funny #comedy @bronwinaurora
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:57:26 PM EDT
[#6]
When BSA went as far as shredding documents highlighting Scout abuse (goggle Seattle Head Office), I started giving a "no shit" attitude towards them.

Fuck 'em!
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:58:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Can a trans-male use the gal's bathroom?
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:58:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By el_hombre:
I was a scout in the 80's and our troop was like a Ranger School prep group  We backpacked damn near every weekend in the Sierras, Winter camped in 20' of snow freezing our little nuts, shooting 22's, learning how to be MEN.
View Quote

If you had the right scoutmaster back in that era, this is exactly how it worked. We camped once a month during the school year and it was 100% backpacking, about half the hike-ins were night time on Fridays. No car camping bullshit. White Mountains in NH, Saco River in Maine. 10-day canoe trip in remote Canada in the summer.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:59:36 PM EDT
[#9]
In the OP, that means that they are going make the boys behave more like women.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:59:56 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm in a hotel this week where their convention is happening. There are thousands of them, must cost them a fortune, it's a really nice hotel.

I would say it's about 90% 50+ gray haired white guys.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:00:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Notcalifornialegal:
God damn that's depressing.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:01:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By MacManus:
you know you can buy the book and teach this shit to your kids on your own right?  You don't need to support a closeted commie org in order to teach these skills to your children.
View Quote
True, but learning how to exist and thrive in a hierarchical paramilitary organization has value too.

Everyone wants to focus on the outdoor skills stuff, but Boy Scouts was first and foremost a leadership development organization.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:02:03 PM EDT
[#13]
It sucks the national org got taken over by a bunch of leftists, at least a lot of the rural troops ignore as much as they can of the bullshit and stick to what has always made scouting great.

Ours does regular campouts, hikes, boundary waters trips and shooting range trips. If that ever changes I will pull my kids out.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:02:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By -Kyuss-:
Now where is all my Eagle Scout shit, the trash can is only partially full right now.
View Quote

Save it. Tell people about it. Don't let people forget what BSA used to be and don't let them forget what it was turned into. There's still value in a cautuonary tale.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:02:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By IceChimp:
It sucks the national org got taken over by a bunch of leftists, at least a lot of the rural troops ignore as much as they can of the bullshit and stick to what has always made scouting great.

Ours does regular campouts, hikes, boundary waters trips and shooting range trips. If that ever changes I will pull my kids out.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:02:43 PM EDT
[#16]
This is what happens when men tolerate aberration and try to be inclusive with deviants.

I got my Eagle in 2006 when it meant something.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:03:39 PM EDT
[#17]
The girls with penises scouts will be the new name.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:05:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Windustsearch] [#18]
It was a joke when I was in it in 1980. My parents did a way better job.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:05:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Why is it necessary to abolish the gender dichotomy in existing organizations when the gender dichotomy itself is apparently a fabrication? Why do organizational rules, names, and traditions need to be modified to include the opposite gender when gender is meaningless?
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:08:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Thought about putting my boys in Scouts. Went to an intro meeting or whatever. They spent 90% of the meeting talking about selling popcorn. That told me everything I needed to know about what was important to them.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:08:26 PM EDT
[#21]
As long as the US military offers E2 upon enlistment for Eagle Scouts there will always be a place for scouting.

Find a good suburban or rural troop. There are no co-ed troops in our AO.

The leadership training for young men is invaluable.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:08:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By perfectsilence:
Why is it necessary to abolish the gender dichotomy in existing organizations when the gender dichotomy itself is apparently a fabrication? Why do organizational rules, names, and traditions need to be modified to include the opposite gender when gender is meaningless?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:09:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By sawgunner73:
The organization will be called Scouting America, SA, instead of Boy Scouts of America, BSA.
View Quote

It has not been named Boy Scouts of America since 2019.

The name was changed in 2019 from "Boy Scouts of America" to "Scouts BSA"

This name change is going from "Scouts BSA" to "Scouting America"
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:09:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By kilrain:

The Girl Scouts are changing their name also...to Scouting Sisters...SS.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kilrain:
Originally Posted By CZRider:

"SA"

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/th-463.jpg

The Girl Scouts are changing their name also...to Scouting Sisters...SS.

Just wait until the "brown shirted" scouts all over the country are sporting an SA somewhere on their shirts.
People don't think things through......or maybe they do.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:09:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By gearsmithy:
Are they keeping the girlscouts or merging the two? Last I heard they let girls into the boyscouts but boys couldn't join the girlscouts. Now they're nuking boyscouts which effectively makes them 2 girlscouts. what a fucking joke
View Quote

What people really want to know is will they now sell cookies twice a year…..

BSA….it’s dead Jim ….
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:11:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By dbrowne1:

No. They should go be part of something else.

The creep of “well the little sisters come to meetings anyway …” and letting women be field leaders was part of the creep that got us to where we are now.

None of it should have ever been allowed.
View Quote

Why would they want to be in the Boy Scouts? They might be trapped in the woods with boys and bears!
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:11:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By FALARAK:

It has not been named Boy Scouts of America since 2019.

The name was changed in 2019 from "Boy Scouts of America" to "Scouts BSA"

This name change is going from "Scouts BSA" to "Scouting America"
View Quote

The overarching corporate organization has always been Boy Scout of America.....until February 2025.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:12:00 PM EDT
[#28]
The world is no longer interested in male role models for boys and teaching them leadership.  It can't have real men in the future, they just might not help the new world order cause!
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:12:38 PM EDT
[#29]
I am the Committee Chair for my son's Cub Scouts pack, and next year will be my last year.  I'd quit now, but I volunteered for this role and nobody will volunteer to replace me, so I am going to honor my commitment for the other kids sake.

It has been fun for my son up to this point, but we aren't going to support this organization into Boy Scouts.  He will stop with cub scouts.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:14:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Grit Scouts
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:16:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:19:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:22:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Hopefully the BSA will just collapse from low interest
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:23:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Ben:

Www.americanpioneercorps.org

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By KD_KA_Drinker:
Well put a fork in that institution.  I grew up a scout in the 80s. It was a good thing back then and I have good memories of it.

I have 2 boys now and we don’t do scouts.

This is the way.

Everything the article mentioned: teaching grit, leadership skills, dealing with adversity, etc., are all a part of the APC.

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:24:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Logcutter] [#35]
It's 100% volunteer run.

Take it over at the troop level and do fun, cool shit with your son and his friends.

Attachment Attached File

Or don't, and bitch about it here.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:25:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Aimless:
Scouting America
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Aimless:
Originally Posted By MaverickH1:
For those of us who don't want to click on the article, what are they changing the name to?
Scouting America

Those idiots will never learn.

‘America’ is a trigger word for the left. Soon ‘Scouting America’ won’t be inclusive enough and they’ll be forced to change their name again.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:25:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Lord Robert Baden-Powell must be turning in his grave

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:26:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Looks like telling the Committee in Jan that I'm stepping down as SM after this year  was the right call. My son will probably take Feb. 8th on as his Eagle deadline.

Would love to hear Spartacus' take on all this.

#rememberwhattheytookfromyou
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:28:11 PM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

This thread reminded me of this, and I was just about to go look for it. I need to get out more, anyway.

Can I bring my 10 year old boy to this?
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:29:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Is there any normal parent that would allow their child, boy or girl, in that organization?
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:29:55 PM EDT
[#41]
My wife hated Girl Scouts and always fought to go with the den leader (mom) and the boys on the Boy Scout events. She said the boys always did much cooler stuff and would have preferred it over selling cookies, sewing, and social events.

One Scout troop we sponsor through an outdoors non-profit has about 33% girls in it. No pussification and different treatment than what i experienced. I have seen no ill effects from it.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:30:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Notcalifornialegal:
God damn that's depressing.
View Quote
every day we stray further from Dog.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:32:21 PM EDT
[#43]
The attack on white males continues.

No "safe spaces" for us.

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:32:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Meh, locally it is all but gone.  Guessing they have decided they already ran off the normal people so hoping to get the abnormals to join.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:32:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Sad.  F them.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:34:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Fathers abandoned sons.

Mothers took over Boy Scouts.

Gays.

Ruined.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:35:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Sadly this will be another example of go woke, go broke.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:35:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Shootindave:
Fathers abandoned sons.

Mothers took over Boy Scouts.

Gays.

Ruined.
View Quote

Yep. This is it right here.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:37:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By crwdplsr:
Hopefully the BSA will just collapse from low interest
View Quote

It's heading that way.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:40:54 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Chida66:
BSA is dead to me.

I say that as an Eagle Scout, as was my dad and my son just last year.  When they added the woke merit badge required for Eagle, that was it.

As with any organization, leftists infiltrate and destroy it from within.  Seems BSA has not learned any lessons on why membership is so poor.

When I was in, we did fun bad ass and sometimes dangerous shit.  Nighttime capture the flag with no lights out in the South Texas brush, knife and ax throwing, bonfires, primitive camping just for fun, fishing for our meals, maybe some small IED's (not me of course just in case my Scoutmaster is reading this from heaven).

When my son was in a couple of years ago, the boys were the biggest bunch of pansies I've ever seen and that was across the three troops we were involved with.  Mostly single moms bringing their snowflakes hoping to toughen them up a bit but preventing that from happening at every turn.  To the point of cooking their food for them on campouts. Part of Scouts is eating shitty food cooked by kids with sand and egg shell in it damn it.

Pissed me right off.

View Quote
Sounds like my troop in the south garland area around mid 1980s, you didn't happen to be in that area that time?
Page / 7
Top Top