Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:38:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Was there an oak tree nearby?

Wind conditions at the time?
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:39:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Creatyre] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PepePewPew:

If I'm the leasing manager, I'm not calling the cops with that bullshit. The idiot who called me can call the cops themselves if they really care.

If I'm the dispatcher, "we've got a probable bullshit call, can you take a walk around and see if anything's going on there?"

If I'm the cops, walk, listen, "call cleared, no crime detected".
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PepePewPew:
Originally Posted By Creatyre:

You're assuming they didn't do any of this. It mentions 4th party. I'm assuming the lease manager got a call from a most likely unidentified neighbor to the suspected dispute.

Leasing manager says I don't know anything else, person didn't give me more information and I don't know who they are.

If I'm the leasing manager, I'm not calling the cops with that bullshit. The idiot who called me can call the cops themselves if they really care.

If I'm the dispatcher, "we've got a probable bullshit call, can you take a walk around and see if anything's going on there?"

If I'm the cops, walk, listen, "call cleared, no crime detected".

And if you walk and listen and hear screaming inside of an apt?

ETA And this is obviously all hypothetical since we don't know any details. I'd love to see body cam in this one.

The accusation that the police made entry themselves makes it appear as if they were relying on exigent circumstances.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:40:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Damn.

Sounds like they were more a death squard than anything.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:40:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By burnka871:
Protected and served like a mother fucker
View Quote

RIP
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:41:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Local radio news said he was shot to death while on a conference call, police hit wrong address.

Does not matter black or white when the cops kill you from negligence.
Crump is a bottom feeder but sounds like the cops screwed the pooch.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:41:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Evil_Ryu:

Are these guys just functioning alcoholics or what?
View Quote

Sounds like possibly the most messed up Sheriff's Department in the entire country.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:41:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Woof!

That's a BIG fuckup. Wonder when policy starts to change due to people getting killed who really didn't need to be? Surely there's some middle ground between not responding and making sure the appropriate level of response is what occurs?
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:46:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Glck1911] [#8]
I don't really see them identifying themselves or not as the or even a major issue if they entered the wrong apartment.

There have been several examples of criminals identifying themselves as cops prior to/during a home invasion.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:46:55 AM EDT
[#9]
toni and spni.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:47:05 AM EDT
[#10]
fpni and spni.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:47:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By JKH62:
Local radio news said he was shot to death while on a conference call, police hit wrong address.
View Quote

I'm getting the impression that nobody ever figured out what the right apartment was, so we have no idea if it was the right address.
But if there's more than two apartments, chances are it's the wrong address if there's no evidence it was the right address.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:47:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Glck1911:
I don't really see them identifying themselves or not as the or even a major issue if they entered the wrong apartment.

There have been several examples of criminals identifying themselves as cops prior to/during a home invasion.
View Quote

IF they didn't identify themselves and made entry that is absolutely a massive issue.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:49:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Glck1911] [#13]

IF they didn't identify themselves and made entry that is absolutely a massive issue.
View Quote

Sorry,  I should have phrased it better.  What I should have said is If they did identified themselves it doesn't really make the situation any better.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:49:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By josepha1:
Ben Crump?
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:50:00 AM EDT
[#15]

Sorry,  I should have phrased it better.  What I should have said is If they identified themselves it doesn't really make the situation any better.
View All Quotes

Sorry,  I should have phrased it better.  What I should have said is If they identified themselves it doesn't really make the situation any better.

This depends on a bunch of information we don't know yet.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:50:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 103] [#16]
GD has become so reflexively anti-LE that it just takes all of Ben Crump's  word as gospel?
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:52:50 AM EDT
[#17]
I know GD won't like it, but it mentions he was on a video chat.

Was he on the phone with someone and they were screaming at each other which included threats and it was perceived by the officers that there were two people inside of the apartment and they believed that someone was in danger? They make entry, gun vs gun, and shots fired.

My hesitation is crump coupled with an "I can't breathe."

Go ahead, pile on me.
View Quote

What if it was a movie?  What if you did that at a neighbor's house?  Police can't just kick a door down and shoot a man, because.  I mean, we will see.  Maybe they can.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:55:26 AM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

It actually could be the crux of the issue. If they knocked, resident asked who's there, and they failed at that point to ID and then kicked the door in, it would be easy to surmise that the resident believed his home was being invaded and armed himself.

VS knock, resident ask who's there, cops answer "police checking on a call", he's less likely to answer the door armed
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:56:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SAE] [#19]
Originally Posted By 103:
GD has become so reflexively anti-LE that it just takes all of Ben Crump's  word as gospel?
View Quote

Who's that?
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:58:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By SAE:

Who's that?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SAE:

Who's that?
A very famous race-baiting attorney who became famous by race-baiting. Black person harmed ALWAYS equals injustice to him. Well known liar.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:58:44 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:59:56 AM EDT
[#22]
The witness statement is coming from Benjamin Crump.  

The same attorney who pushed the witness lies of "hands up, don't shoot" for the shitstain michael brown in Ferguson missouri, and also was the representative for Trayvon Martin's family and all their lies and bullshit.  

I'm not saying the cops DIDN'T accidentally kill an innocent person in their home.  

But i am saying that if Ben Crump told me what time it was, i'd still check my watch because he a notorious race baiting huckster, and liar.  

All that said,  if the police DIDN'T fuck this up,  they are fools to not get the exculpatory body cam footage out ASAP.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 11:02:56 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By mtnpatriot:

Of course there are calls without complete information going out daily, but there is also a due diligence to obtain the most applicable information as possible before putting it out. The dispatcher had the leasing manager ON THE PHONE. If she isn't able to determine first floor, second floor, third floor, or other basic details of the apartments she rents, and the renters she has on the leases, the dispatcher needs to obtain a different profession.

The cop could have spoken with the leasing manager on-scene before walking aimlessly into the complex. There are a literal shit-ton of mitigating actions both the dispatcher and the responding officer could have taken but it appears they did not.
View All Quotes

The dispatcher shouldn't have sent the job because they didn't have an apt #? How long have you been in law enforcement?

Of course there are calls without complete information going out daily, but there is also a due diligence to obtain the most applicable information as possible before putting it out. The dispatcher had the leasing manager ON THE PHONE. If she isn't able to determine first floor, second floor, third floor, or other basic details of the apartments she rents, and the renters she has on the leases, the dispatcher needs to obtain a different profession.

The cop could have spoken with the leasing manager on-scene before walking aimlessly into the complex. There are a literal shit-ton of mitigating actions both the dispatcher and the responding officer could have taken but it appears they did not.

You should come on a ride along. Your opinion of both dispatchers and apartment complex employees will suffer greatly.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 11:05:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By jb31:

What if it was a movie?  What if you did that at a neighbor's house?  Police can't just kick a door down and shoot a man, because.  I mean, we will see.  Maybe they can.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jb31:
I know GD won't like it, but it mentions he was on a video chat.

Was he on the phone with someone and they were screaming at each other which included threats and it was perceived by the officers that there were two people inside of the apartment and they believed that someone was in danger? They make entry, gun vs gun, and shots fired.

My hesitation is crump coupled with an "I can't breathe."

Go ahead, pile on me.

A movie is very identifiable. Music, audio, etc. Someone supposedly asked "who is it" when they knocked and presumably continued in the conversation on the phone.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 11:06:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By ttushooter:
The witness statement is coming from Benjamin Crump.  

The same attorney who pushed the witness lies of "hands up, don't shoot" for the shitstain michael brown in Ferguson missouri, and also was the representative for Trayvon Martin's family and all their lies and bullshit.  

I'm not saying the cops DIDN'T accidentally kill an innocent person in their home.  

But i am saying that if Ben Crump told me what time it was, i'd still check my watch because he a notorious race baiting huckster, and liar.  

All that said,  if the police DIDN'T fuck this up,  they are fools to not get the exculpatory body cam footage out ASAP.
View Quote

Agreed. Problem is that FDLE took over and they may hold back video.

Link Posted: 5/9/2024 11:11:16 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 11:11:37 AM EDT
[#27]
Cops killing service members?

Better be glad they didn't roll up on a 7th group SF guy or one of the RIs down there.

Those guys take revenge pretty seriously, I would not want to be on their list.

Link Posted: 5/9/2024 11:15:05 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Undaunted:
So - victim was on a video conference @430pm.

Knock on the door. "Who is it?" without a response.

Victim arms himself.

Cops make entry and victim gets drilled.

According to the article, they didn't identify as LEO.

Based on a disturbance call, they made entry without a warrant.

Fuck that cop and RIP airman.
View Quote
And if the conference call was recorded they have a play by play of the event.

Dude probably had his headphones on and as soon as the door was breached grabbed his gun.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 11:15:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SAE] [#29]
Originally Posted By FreefallRet:
Cops killing service members?

Better be glad they didn't roll up on a 7th group SF guy or one of the RIs down there.

Those guys take revenge pretty seriously, I would not want to be on their list.

View Quote

They ain't going to do shit cuz.
I wish it were different.

They'd get Leavenworth if caught for sure.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 11:18:21 AM EDT
[#30]
View Quote

Ad hominems are logical falacies.  I'm sure you know that though.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 11:20:40 AM EDT
[#31]

It doesn't appear to be as simple as that. From the article, it sounds as there wasn't an apt# provided. They actually state in the article, "Don't have anything further than a male and female; it's all fourth party information from the front desk at the leasing office,"

If that is the case, then why the fuck is dispatch putting it out before having the information??? The dispatcher has just as much culpability as the dipshit officer who didn't respond when the Airman asked "who is it", after the officer knocked on the door.  I didn't see if the officer busted into the apartment or if the airman opened the door.

The system is failed at multiple levels, but the moral decay is the underlying reason for stupid shit like this.

The dispatcher shouldn't have put it out without more information, or at least an apartment number.

The cop shouldn't have played super-secret agent/swat by not announcing himself as law enforcement after knocking on the door.

The airman shouldn't have opened the door (if he did) if someone knocks and doesn't announce themself.

What a waste, and if the cop did fuck up, I hope they fry his ass in the chair, but I know that most likely won't happen.
View Quote
I want to know what the E4 AF guy was doing to justify a no knock raid?

If they knew him they could contact the base and pick him up without incident (btdt).

Show up at the home with the COC after calling him and they take him in peacefuly.

No need for no knock executions.

Especially if he was on a conference call with his unit.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 11:22:41 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By walkinginadangerzone:

Yes, race baiting lawyer saw a paycheck.
View Quote
Pretty easy when cops executed a service member.

He saw the easy win and big money.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 11:22:59 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By VACaver:

Coming soon: "We investigated ourselves and found we did nothing wrong".
View All Quotes

I was thinking that the presser would go more like:  "Meh.  Accidents happen."  **shrug**
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 11:23:29 AM EDT
[#34]

If they knew him they could contact the base and pick him up without incident (btdt).

Show up at the home with the COC after calling him and they take him in peacefuly.

View Quote

INAL, but the only way they could have entered in this scenario would be consent (obviously not relevant here) or exigent circumstances.  Based on the information so far they would struggle to justify an exigency.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 11:24:06 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By whollyshite:

I was thinking that the presser would go more like:  "Meh.  Accidents happen."  **shrug**
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By whollyshite:

If cops are held accountable for their illegal actions then nobody would be a cop.  
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 11:26:35 AM EDT
[#36]
View Quote

Seems most posters are suspicious of both sides, and annoyed that Crump is involved at all.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 11:28:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Beltfed308] [#37]
If there isn't any clear info after 2 days about what happened then I think it is safe to assume Club Acorn has a real serious problem.

I'm going to bet that its like the 2 female officers mag dumping on the homeowner approaching the door.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 11:29:08 AM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

From the article it wasnt a no knock raid it was them responding to a call for service
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 11:29:14 AM EDT
[#39]

Crump in saying they entered the wrong apartment.

The family of the airman is saying they "may have".

View Quote

Did the family say "may have" or is the media saying "may have"? Big fucking difference
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 11:32:17 AM EDT
[#40]
View Quote

No, Not at all,

Crump is a bottom feeder.

However even a blind kid can score a goal once and a while.

If it was a wrong address, its open and shut. GG and cops deserve what they get.

If it was correct address, I would need to see body cam as to what happened.

Link Posted: 5/9/2024 11:34:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FreefallRet] [#41]
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:

INAL, but the only way they could have entered in this scenario would be consent (obviously not relevant here) or exigent circumstances.  Based on the information so far they would struggle to justify an exigency.
View Quote
Edit

Cops hit the wrong apartment and executed the guy on a conference call it seems.

Now base is gonna tell members to sleep in their plate carrier if they live off post.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 11:35:45 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By josepha1:
Ben Crump?
View Quote

Already on scene
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 11:38:14 AM EDT
[#43]
True

Who know said AF guy might had a drug business on the side etc.

I just want to know what was the reason for the No knock raid? Was this guy a person of interest?

Did they have a warrant for his arrest?

Was he selling drugs? Did he assault someone?

Did he cut down a acorn tree?

View All Quotes

True

Who know said AF guy might had a drug business on the side etc.

I just want to know what was the reason for the No knock raid? Was this guy a person of interest?

Did they have a warrant for his arrest?

Was he selling drugs? Did he assault someone?

Did he cut down a acorn tree?

The leasing office said that there was a disturbance and dispatch stated they "Don't have anything further than a male and female; it's all fourth party information from the front desk at the leasing office."

Unless the officers observed something more, the extent of their exigency seems to be "they got a call."  
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 11:41:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FreefallRet] [#44]

The leasing office said that there was a disturbance and dispatch stated they "Don't have anything further than a male and female; it's all fourth party information from the front desk at the leasing office."

Unless the officers observed something more, the extent of their exigency seems to be "they got a call."  
View Quote

So Barney Fife killed the dude while he was fixing the next days power point slides.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 11:43:01 AM EDT
[#45]
View Quote

How many videos of cops fucking up badly do you have to see before you assume a report of them fucking up is correct as quickly as you assume a report of "teens behaving badly"  is gonna have a certain type of person involved?
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 11:43:09 AM EDT
[#46]

So Barney Fife killed the dude while he was fixing the morning power point slides.
View Quote

You know the guy or something?  You're kind of off the rails which is unusual for how you normally post
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 11:44:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SmilingBandit] [#47]
We should focus on all the calls where cops didn't kill anyone without a reason.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 11:51:10 AM EDT
[#48]
There has yet to be a police shooting where Crump got involved that he did not completely re-invent the situation to spin a good yarn.

At this point, I assume he just invents a story that he hopes can't be disproven with evidence, or that he hopes get enough public traction that the evidence ceases to matter.

Bullshit always moves faster than accuracy. It takes time for a local government to respond to accusations when and if it is interested in gathering accurate information about its own actions. It takes very little time to just make shit up.

Link Posted: 5/9/2024 11:51:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FreefallRet] [#49]
Originally Posted By NCPatrolAR:

You know the guy or something?  You're kind of off the rails which is unusual for how you normally post
View Quote
Don't mean to be, but it's 1630hrs and you are at home on a conference call.

No doubt probably with headphones on and then armed dude bust in the house. My Glock would be at my desk and my first instinct would to grab my Glock.

The above could be all wrong, but thus far it's getting to be the case.

No doubt my son would be in the same scenario.

Lets say all the MSM stories are true and they busted in the wrong apartment and this was one of our kids?

I guess that scenario has me fired up, as a former Eglin AFB guy even more.

Its sad a Service member can't even sit safe in his home in the afternoon.

This will ripple across the Eglin community quick.

Link Posted: 5/9/2024 11:52:04 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Grumple:

Did the family say "may have" or is the media saying "may have"? Big fucking difference
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Grumple:

Crump in saying they entered the wrong apartment.

The family of the airman is saying they "may have".

The title of the article is saying the "Family said". Looked through two others and that wording didn't come up. So it could just be that particular news media saying it.
Page / 45
Top Top