Page / 5
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 10:05:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I thought this was a dupe.
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 9:35:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By HappyCamel:
My understanding is they're waiting on the injection molding machine to be available...there has been a part stuck in it they can get out.

Story goes the Magpul FMG was designed circa 2008, and the first production version got stuck in the machine. They needed a screwdriver to open the machine, but no one could find a screwdriver as the shop was buried in piles to t-shirts and sunglasses. As a result, for years they wandered the shop aimlessly unable to produce any new products.

Then in 2021Magpul found out someone at Zev may own a screwdriver, so they partnered to finally get the FMG to market. When the guy from Zev came over with the screwdriver, he was unfortunately fatally buried in a landslide of belts, hats, and stickers.

As a result of these challenges, Magpul has had severe difficulties releasing new products since 2008, and they can't get the machine open that they need for the Tmags. If someone has a screwdriver please reach out to them.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 9:37:23 PM EDT
[#3]
My understanding is they're waiting on the injection molding machine to be available...there has been a part stuck in it they can get out.

Story goes the Magpul FMG was designed circa 2008, and the first production version got stuck in the machine. They needed a screwdriver to open the machine, but no one could find a screwdriver as the shop was buried in piles to t-shirts and sunglasses. As a result, for years they wandered the shop aimlessly unable to produce any new products.

Then in 2021Magpul found out someone at Zev may own a screwdriver, so they partnered to finally get the FMG to market. When the guy from Zev came over with the screwdriver, he was unfortunately fatally buried in a landslide of belts, hats, and stickers.

As a result of these challenges, Magpul has had severe difficulties releasing new products since 2008, and they can't get the machine open that they need for the Tmags. If someone has a screwdriver please reach out to them.
View Quote

Lol
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 9:48:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By 77Bronc:

As far as I am concerned Lancers are far superior to Pmags.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By gearjammer351:
What's wrong with Lancers? I've had a few of those for many years (to make my Sig 556 look a little more authentic), and they work fine.

Honestly, I don't know that I've used them enough to make this determination.

I've wanted a 55X rifle for so long (but couldn't afford one) that I bought a Sig556 as soon as I could - I was literally put on the waiting list when they announced them in '10 or '11. I bought a 3-pack of Lancers when I got some Sig furniture and the stock that looked closest to the 551 stock.

I don't even remember what they cost then. I see in this thread that their cost is what people are complaining about. I've not had any issues with mine, but I haven't bought more. I've got a pretty good collection of $8/free steel government mags and $10-$12 PMAGs that I haven't really shopped for other brands in many years now.
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 10:02:03 PM EDT
[#5]

I've wanted a 55X rifle for so long (but couldn't afford one) that I bought a Sig556 as soon as I could - I was literally put on the waiting list when they announced them in '10 or '11. I bought a 3-pack of Lancers when I got some Sig furniture and the stock that looked closest to the 551 stock.

I don't even remember what they cost then. I see in this thread that their cost is what people are complaining about. I've not had any issues with mine, but I haven't bought more. I've got a pretty good collection of $8/free steel government mags and $10-$12 PMAGs that I haven't really shopped for other brands in many years now.
View All Quotes
What's wrong with Lancers? I've had a few of those for many years (to make my Sig 556 look a little more authentic), and they work fine.

5 or so years ago they were $25-30ish IIRC, currently they're around $20-25ish (some current sales have them at $15).

Even at $20 per mag it's still hard to justify the cost when I can buy a combo deal at PSA and get 10 PMags almost free. The Lancer mags are great for pictures, low quantities, or special calibers, but they're not cheap enough to build an ammo fort IMO. I currently only use them for 458 SOCOM and use the 300 BO PMags for 300 BO.

Link Posted: 7/5/2024 11:05:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 11:21:40 AM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

Damn. That's less than what I usually pay for gen3 PMAGs.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 11:23:08 AM EDT
[#8]

Damn. That's less than what I usually pay for gen3 PMAGs.
View Quote

How do they compare with the PMags?
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 6:58:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Jason280:

View Quote

No comparison.
lancers don't need a cover to keep the cheap plastic feed
lips from spreading apart on a pmag.

I own Lancers and surefeed mags, thats it.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 7:00:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Newnimprovedusername:
We have TMAGS at home…

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/542867/IMG_1542_jpeg-3256826.JPG

View Quote

The "at home" meme only applies when talking about an inferior product.

It does not apply to superior lancer mags.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 7:02:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By backbencher:

Non-transparent mags do not show the .300 Eldest Son round lurking inside your magazine.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By LarryLove: Hey what's wrong with the mags we got? I mean the mags we got shoot pretty good don't they? I ain't ever heard nobody complain about the mags we have. They shoot pretty good. Pmags... What's the name of some of them other mags? Pmags and what else? Lancer? Okay Surefeed, huh? They shoot pretty good, don't they?

Non-transparent mags do not show the .300 Eldest Son round lurking inside your magazine.

This is why 300 stays in 300-exclusive magazines.

Never load mags of both calibers at the same time, nor in the same place, if possible. Easiest way is to just keep them separated.

But I do like the idea of transparent mags for 300.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 7:04:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Just10mm:
No Tmags but plenty of Tbags.

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/5/2024 7:05:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By mPisi:

Lancer clears are $10 recently from a couple vendors (like Midway).  I'm surprised to hear the Magpul ones weren't out, since I thought it would be pressure from Magpul causing the Lancer price reduction.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mPisi:
Originally Posted By HillaryClinton:

I love the Lancers, but they're just too expensive. I have a few and love them, but due to the metal feed lips they'll never be as cheap as PMags.

Lancer clears are $10 recently from a couple vendors (like Midway).  I'm surprised to hear the Magpul ones weren't out, since I thought it would be pressure from Magpul causing the Lancer price reduction.

I've bought Clear or Smoke Lancers multiple times at prices of $10 to $12 a mag.  Got to find sales, but they happen.  Now that I have 20-something Lancers, a mix of Smoke and Clear, I'm not really fired up for TMAGS.  I mean I'll definitely buy some, because I'm a mag whore, but I'm good to go right now with Lancer options.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 7:06:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By AbleArcher:

In what ways?
View All Quotes

In what ways?

Well, regarding clear mags, you can actually buy Lancers today

I don't know if they are "better" or not.  I have a bunch of PMags, various generations.  No problems.  I also have a bunch of Lancers.  Also no problems.  I think both are good to go.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 7:08:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By bfoosh06:

I love the Lancers, but they're just too expensive. I have a few and love them, but due to the metal feed lips they'll never be as cheap as PMags.

type Status report

description Access to the specified resource has been forbidden.

Apache Tomcat/7.0.68 (Ubuntu)

" target="_blank">https://www.midwayusa.com/s?searchTerm=lancer%20magazine

I just bought 10 more Lancers.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 7:08:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AeroEngineer] [#16]
Double post
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 7:10:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HillaryClinton] [#17]
Doubletap
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 7:11:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HillaryClinton] [#18]
Doubletap
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 7:11:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By HecklerKac:

The "at home" meme only applies when talking about an inferior product.

It does not apply to superior lancer mags.
View Quote

Hence the emojis
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 7:11:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HillaryClinton] [#20]
I have GI mags, PMags, Hexmags, Troy mags, and Lancers. Hands down the Lancers are the best. Cost is the only downside IMO.
Lancer>PMags>GI Mags>Hexmags>Troy mags

BTW there is an insane sale on Lancer mags right now ($13-15), 
https://gunmagwarehouse.com/lancer-l5-ar-15-223-5-56-30-round-advanced-warfighter-magazine.html
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 7:16:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By ARs4EVER:

No comparison.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jason280:

No comparison.

The Gen-3 PMAG feed lips don't spread apart, either. With that being said, you can't go wrong with either Lancer or Gen-3 PMAGs.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 7:19:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By rb889:

Never load mags of both calibers at the same time, nor in the same place, if possible. Easiest way is to just keep them separated.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By rb889:
Originally Posted By LarryLove: Hey what's wrong with the mags we got? I mean the mags we got shoot pretty good don't they? I ain't ever heard nobody complain about the mags we have. They shoot pretty good. Pmags... What's the name of some of them other mags? Pmags and what else? Lancer? Okay Surefeed, huh? They shoot pretty good, don't they?

Nay, nay.  Transparent mags are for 5.56.  No errant .223 round is going to blow up your .300 Blackout gun.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 8:21:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Scrote] [#23]
Originally Posted By Skywarp2203:
Long time, no see OP.   Good to see ya.
View Quote

How you doing Uncle Kcolg30?
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 8:43:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 9:32:31 PM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

Damn dude.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 9:48:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Pallas:

Of what year?
View Quote

heh.
Link Posted: 7/6/2024 5:21:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Uncle @Kolg30 ,

You are old enough to pull off the grumpy forgetful guy, I propose you call them every day and ask WEN TMAG until we get them.

Help us Uncle Kolg, you're our only hope.
Link Posted: 7/6/2024 7:46:25 PM EDT
[#28]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By twoisone:
Lancers are better anyway.

I picked up more when Botach had them for $9.99 or so. Great deal.
Link Posted: 7/6/2024 7:54:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By NachoDip:

Not owning a .300 BlowOut also solves that issue. Paying attention when loading mags is also a secondary option. YMMV.
View Quote
People who can't do THIS is why we have garbage safety gas cans .
Link Posted: 7/6/2024 7:59:46 PM EDT
[#30]
I haven't had problems with lancer mags but I think Magpul has something when it comes to well used dirty mags. They might be better than dirty Glock mags although I think they are metal lined.

I'll probably wait a couple years before I stack Tmags eitherway.
Link Posted: 7/6/2024 8:09:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By JamesJones:
I haven't had problems with lancer mags but I think Magpul has something when it comes to well used dirty mags. They might be better than dirty Glock mags although I think they are metal lined.

I'll probably wait a couple years before I stack Tmags eitherway.
View Quote

That's a good point. On a couple occasions, I've had sandy/dusty/dirty Lancers fail me when the follower starts getting stuck or gritty. Obviously once cleaned, they were good to go again. PMAGs have magical followers in them that never seem to get jammed up.
Link Posted: 8/5/2024 7:52:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Someone said August right?
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 10:55:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Someone said August right?
View Quote

TWO WEEKS
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 11:06:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Magpul's website says "coming this summer." We only have a month and a half of summer left. Soon?
Link Posted: 8/7/2024 11:32:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: backbencher] [#35]
Originally Posted By 14BoltFF:  Magpul's website says "coming this summer." We only have a month and a half of summer left. Soon?
View Quote

Maybe they meant summer in Texas?  Boeing's Stayliner might be back before TMags come out.

ETA:  https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Which-arrives-in-the-US-first-Boeing-s-Stayliner-or-Magpul-s-TMags-/5-2741306/?
Link Posted: 9/3/2024 10:07:05 PM EDT
[#36]

Maybe they meant summer in Texas?  Boeing's Stayliner might be back before TMags come out.

ETA:  https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Which-arrives-in-the-US-first-Boeing-s-Stayliner-or-Magpul-s-TMags-/5-2741306/?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 14BoltFF:  Magpul's website says "coming this summer." We only have a month and a half of summer left. Soon?

Well August has come and gone.
Link Posted: 9/3/2024 10:11:58 PM EDT
[#37]
2 more weeks?
Link Posted: 9/3/2024 10:13:55 PM EDT
[#38]

No comparison.

View Quote

Do you still smack the spine of your mags on your helmet to make them more reliable too?
Link Posted: 9/3/2024 10:13:56 PM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

Are they here yet?
Link Posted: 9/3/2024 10:28:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By HK94dude:
I believe production was outsourced to Vltor and are currently in production along side the new Bren 10
View Quote

Man, that still stings.
Link Posted: 9/3/2024 10:37:22 PM EDT
[#41]

Of what year?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By country_boy87:
At the NRA show they told me in August.

Of what year?

Link Posted: 9/3/2024 10:40:35 PM EDT
[#42]
They are working on an avocado toast press.

One thing at a time you tacticool Mfer’s!

Link Posted: 9/3/2024 10:43:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Marksman14:

Do you still smack the spine of your mags on your helmet to make them more reliable too?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Marksman14:

No comparison.

If I had a nickel for every time I watched a dude whack himself upside the head, thinking he was wearing his kevlar, I could probably buy a McDonalds happy meal…

In today’s money!

Link Posted: 9/3/2024 11:10:47 PM EDT
[#44]
View Quote

I can't stand those things. I have a half dozen and none of them seat well when loaded without just hammering them in.

Every other mag goes in no problem but the lancers I have to fight to get to lock in
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 6:29:05 AM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

Wake them up when September ends
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 6:45:47 AM EDT
[#46]
I don't want them anymore.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 6:49:30 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By kcolg30:
View Quote

Come on, yes you do
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 6:52:54 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Amped:

Come on, yes you do
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Amped:
Originally Posted By kcolg30:

Come on, yes you do

ok, but only two mags.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 6:55:24 AM EDT
[#49]
No update on the website. Screenshot as of a few minutes ago. We have two weeks to flatten the vaporware curve before summer officially ends!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 6:56:14 AM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By twoisone:
Lancers are better anyway.

$13 each for clears at

type Status report

description Access to the specified resource has been forbidden.

Apache Tomcat/7.0.68 (Ubuntu)

" target="_blank">https://gunmagwarehouse.com/10-pack-of-lancer-l5-ar-15-223-5-56-30-round-advanced-warfighter-magazines.html?queryID=2c713a60baa7d620c0391b9846c9046c&objectID=4197&indexName=magento_default_products
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top