Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

People not Voting for Trump (Page 92 of 134)
Page / 134
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 5:14:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Anonymoose1:

Or that Covid was going to kill anyone that wasn’t vaccinated lol. You get the jab sir?
View Quote

You will be immune and not get sick, morphed into, well maybe it's better than nothing, or maybe its worse, but we can't tell you for 75 years.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 5:16:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By nu3gawhat:

Yeah, some even believe covid-19 wasn't a natural occurrence, the government was illegally spying on Trump, Clinton's and Biden's have broken the law, and Oswald wasn't acting alone.
View Quote

The CIA  and FBI got caught interfering in the election , pretty hard to top that.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 5:16:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By FreefallRet:
So what do you think he can do as President?
View Quote

@FreefallRet

At best?  Delay the inevitable.  
(In the case of the 2A, assuming there are a couple big mass shootings, he’ll accelerate the attacks on said amendment)

Let’s be honest here. Say he does get back into office. You know as well as I do that both parties will work together just as hard to thwart his efforts just like last time “The swamp is deep. The swamp likes to protect itself.”

I’m not saying we stay home and not vote. I’ll vote for him a third time and hope he does get elected but we need to keep realistic expectations of what he can accomplish fighting both parties.  I think he’ll have to do more via executive orders than getting legislation passed but as soon as he’s out of office again, the left will undo most if not all of his EO’s anyway.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 5:19:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Pretty broad brush in your post.

So why even use the term Cult when talking about Trump supporters? It has been used multiple times in this thread.

I was just making a ridiculous statement in this ridiculous thread.

Or are we to believe only a vocal Trump supporter can be in a cult?
View Quote
To me the cult like followers re the ones who brush off all the bad things about trump.  Voting for him at this point doesn't make you a fanatic but the people who have him primary victory and never admit all the bad he's done as president that got us to this shitty point.  Those people are the trump cult.    This race shouldn't even be near 50/50 but some insisted on trump so here we are .
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 5:21:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By GutWrench:

Why does one have to become a cult at all?

I'm going to be chilling on election night. Probably will order some WingStop and have a few cold beers then go ravage my old lady and hit the sack. If I'm going to choose a cult. I want to be in the cult of chicken wings, beer and poontang.

After Election Day I will wake up and to a new day. Either Trump or Harris will be president. I will log on early and read the arfcom doom threads where some of you guys will continue to blame fellow forum members for the worlds problems and how Trump is going to sort it all out because he is a fucking world leading savant born of immaculate conception to rid the world of his satanic political opponents. Even if he loses  it will be 5d chess he lost again and doesn't do shit or 5d chess he won and doesn't do shit. And I am afraid we will continue to argue about some form of a Trump is "going to save the world" in 2028 and if I don't like it I am a communist  

See how this works?

View Quote
So the do nothing cult
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 5:29:15 PM EDT
[#6]

A lot of people believe the Warren Commission's report as well, because, you know, the government said it to be true. 60 years later the government is still hiding shit, so
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:

Accepted is the word you're looking for.

True, a lot of people believe it was...despite trump's own lawyers saying it wasn't. A lot of people think professional wrestling is real too.

I'd actually like to see a venn diagram of the above two groups...

A lot of people believe the Warren Commission's report as well, because, you know, the government said it to be true. 60 years later the government is still hiding shit, so

The difference is that this was trump's OWN lawyers that said there was no evidence of fraud. Not the government.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 5:29:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By AEROMechanic:

@FreefallRet

(In the case of the 2A, assuming there are a couple big mass shootings, he'll accelerate the attacks on said amendment)

Let's be honest here. Say he does get back into office. You know as well as I do that both parties will work together just as hard to thwart his efforts just like last time "The swamp is deep. The swamp likes to protect itself."

I'm not saying we stay home and not vote. I'll vote for him a third time and hope he does get elected but we need to keep realistic expectations of what he can accomplish fighting both parties.  I think he'll have to do more via executive orders than getting legislation passed but as soon as he's out of office again, the left will undo most if not all of his EO's anyway.
View Quote
That's my point

Elect Trump and let them fight and leave us alone. Government destroying each other is what is needed.

Some homes can't be fixed, let them tear it down and rebuild. Hopefully this time the foundation will be stronger.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 5:30:41 PM EDT
[#8]

So why even use the term Cult when talking about Trump supporters? It has been used multiple times in this thread.

View Quote

Again, it's a specific word with a specific meaning. This has been covered multiple times, even in this thread.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 5:36:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By aftac:
Well I know you are trying to get under the skin of people because you think he tried to secede from the Union.  Secessionist really that is all you have and if he had there would have been a trial for it.  The sad part is you like to attack anyone who goes against your fiction in your head.  

You have to be Mormon.

View Quote

Huh? Trump is a got dam idiot. His presidency was a fucking disaster. Covid. Guns, he lack of a set of balls.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 5:40:48 PM EDT
[#10]

View Quote

Supporting Trump does not mean you are in a cult.  I’m going to vote for him, and I hate his guts.

However there are fanatical Trump supporters who exhibit cult-like behavior.  I gave you a couple examples.

See the difference?
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 5:41:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By GutWrench:

Huh? Trump is a got dam idiot. His presidency was a fucking disaster. Covid. Guns, he lack of a set of balls.
View Quote
So sitting by and allowing Harris to become President is the solution?

Serious question how would Hillary have handled covid?
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 5:42:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FreefallRet] [#12]
Originally Posted By Low_Country:

Supporting Trump does not mean you are in a cult.  I'm going to vote for him, and I hate his guts.

However there are fanatical Trump supporters who exhibit cult-like behavior.  I gave you a couple examples.

See the difference?
View Quote
Yep

Link Posted: 8/26/2024 5:42:34 PM EDT
[#13]

Or that Covid was going to kill anyone that wasn’t vaccinated lol. You get the jab sir?
View Quote

Haven’t had a vaccine since a flu shot in 2011, but at least you tried.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 5:42:50 PM EDT
[#14]
I thought Trump could snap his fingers and have a wall built.

Wonder who stopped him?
View Quote

He lost in 2020 that’s what stopped him. But the physical wall is not the whole problem. It’s shit policies and outright malfeasance of elected govt officials. Local, state and national levels.

Donald Trump was never going to stop people crossing the border. That’s about as realistic as him injecting bleach to kill Covid.

He is a liar. All politicians are liars. They have no desire to fix anything. It’s bad politics to sort issues out. They want you pissed off and hating. Donald Trump is the master of pissing people off and causing hate. You guys hate me me because I don’t believe his lies. Lol
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 5:44:14 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote

Nothing. Just like last time. He sits alone in the whitehouse while they build cases on him. Ignoring his commands and orders. He was never taken seriously for one minute.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 5:44:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: nu3gawhat] [#16]

The difference is that this was trump's OWN lawyers that said there was no evidence of fraud. Not the government.
View Quote

Did any of them make statements of there own free will, with no coercion of any kind?
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 5:45:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ArmyInfantryVet] [#17]
That's my point

Elect Trump and let them fight and leave us alone. Government destroying each other is what is needed.

Some homes can't be fixed, let them tear it down and rebuild. Hopefully this time the foundation will be stronger.
View Quote

That's not how it's going to work. Project 2025 is the blueprint to take the independent institutions that are checks against the Executive branch and turn them into the President's lap dog.

Plus with SCOTUS pretty much agreeing with Trump's idea that the President us above the law. There won't be bulwarks left for Trump to spend his time fighting instead of becoming an autocrat.

Link Posted: 8/26/2024 5:47:26 PM EDT
[#18]
So sitting by and allowing Harris to become President is the solution?

Serious question how would Hillary have handled covid?
View Quote

You still don’t get it. There wouldn’t have been a covid if Hillary had one. Not saying she should have. I voted for the orange madman to keep her out. I despise the woman more than I despise Trump.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 5:47:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By ArmyInfantryVet:

That's not how it's going to work. Project 2025 is the blueprint to take the independent institutions that are checks against the Executive branch and turn them into the President's lap dog.

Plus with SCOTUS pretty much agreeing with Trump's idea that the President us above the law. There won't be bulwarks left for Trump to spend his time fighting instead of becoming an autocrat.

View All Quotes
That's my point

Not sure if serious.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 5:50:06 PM EDT
[#20]

Not sure if serious.
View Quote

It's in the book. Lol. And his top aids were co-authors of it.

Trump's handwaving jedi mind trick isn't fooling anybody
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 5:51:51 PM EDT
[#21]

Did any of them make statements of there own free will, with no coercion of any kind?
View All Quotes

I would assume they were "coerced" by a threat of jail time if they lie...but that's just sorta how court works.

If YOU are making a claim, then YOU are the one that has to prove it.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 5:54:18 PM EDT
[#22]

Trump's handwaving jedi mind trick isn't fooling anybody
View Quote

Demonstrably false
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 5:55:21 PM EDT
[#23]
trump cult .... (trump stands with jesus)...

Link Posted: 8/26/2024 5:55:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ArmyInfantryVet] [#24]
The stealing election thing... yeah and more bullshit is coming out today with news of 3 members Georgia State Election board trying to put people in places to deny election verification if their district doesn't go Trump.

Kemp is considering removing them. Fingers crossed
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 5:56:44 PM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

Do you consider the threat of prison for committing felony perjury by lying under oath to be coercion?

Cause that’s kinda the thing. It’s not a crime to lie to the American people during a press conference or on twitter. It is a crime to lie to a judge in court.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 5:57:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Maybe, but Kamala has quite the cult of her own.

So which cult describes you?

Trump cult
Kamala cult
Stay at home, Cross my fingers and hope neither cult fucks me over cult

Chose your leftism, Conservative leftism or Liberal leftism.

It seems since former Democrat Reagan, it's pretty much the case of the level of leftism you are willing to accept.
View Quote

So where do us “I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States from all enemies, foreign and domestic” types go?   Is there a cult for us?
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 5:57:21 PM EDT
[#27]

Demonstrably false
View Quote

lol
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 6:01:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: nu3gawhat] [#28]

Do you consider the threat of prison for committing felony perjury by lying under oath to be coercion?

Cause that’s kinda the thing. It’s not a crime to lie to the American people during a press conference or on twitter. It is a crime to lie to a judge in court.
View All Quotes

Does a judge have to do what is true and just?
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 6:09:50 PM EDT
[#29]
That's my point

View All Quotes

@FreefallRet

(In the case of the 2A, assuming there are a couple big mass shootings, he'll accelerate the attacks on said amendment)

Let's be honest here. Say he does get back into office. You know as well as I do that both parties will work together just as hard to thwart his efforts just like last time "The swamp is deep. The swamp likes to protect itself."

I'm not saying we stay home and not vote. I'll vote for him a third time and hope he does get elected but we need to keep realistic expectations of what he can accomplish fighting both parties.  I think he'll have to do more via executive orders than getting legislation passed but as soon as he's out of office again, the left will undo most if not all of his EO's anyway.
That's my point

I agree with you on the general concept. Let the fight be between a Republican Congress and someone who isn't Trump.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 6:11:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eurotrash] [#30]

Supporting Trump does not mean you are in a cult.  I’m going to vote for him, and I hate his guts.

See the difference?
View Quote

The condescending attitude a lot of people have towards Trump’s supporters drives more of the working class towards Trump. Hillary didn’t understand this when she called his supporters “deplorables” and I think a lot of people here don’t get it either when they misattribute the word “cult.”
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 6:13:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By eurotrash:

The condescending attitude a lot of people have towards Trump's supporters drives more of the working class towards Trump. Hillary didn't understand this when she called his supporters "deplorables" and I think a lot of people here don't get it either when they misattribute the word "cult."
View All Quotes

Supporting Trump does not mean you are in a cult.  I'm going to vote for him, and I hate his guts.

See the difference?

The condescending attitude a lot of people have towards Trump's supporters drives more of the working class towards Trump. Hillary didn't understand this when she called his supporters "deplorables" and I think a lot of people here don't get it either when they misattribute the word "cult."

It's not misattributed usually, though it does happen. The cult like behavior pushes everyone else away from trump.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 6:15:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By st0newall:

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/61NBNgHeTjL.jpg
View Quote

More than that, they have Trump leading the way.

MTGA Bible, chapter 2:

One night Jesus dreamed He was walking along the beach with Donald Trump.
Many scenes from His life flashed across the sky.
In each scene, He noticed footprints in the sand.
Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,
other times there was one set of footprints.

This bothered Him because He noticed
that during the low periods of His life,
when He was suffering from
anguish, sorrow, or defeat,
He could see only one set of footprints.

So He said to Donald Trump,
"You promised Me, that if I followed you,
you would walk with Me always.
But I have noticed that during
the most trying periods of My life
there has only been one
set of footprints in the sand.
Why, when I needed you most,
you have not been there for Me?"

Trump replied,
"Look, Jesus, let me tell you something.
Those times when you only saw one set of footprints?
That was me. I was carrying you, okay?
Nobody carries better than I do. Believe me."
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 6:17:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Low_Country] [#33]

The condescending attitude a lot of people have towards Trump’s supporters drives more of the working class towards Trump. Hillary didn’t understand this when she called his supporters “deplorables” and I think a lot of people here don’t get it either when they misattribute the word “cult.”
View Quote

I understand your point.

But in many cases it’s also not a misattribution.

ETA: and among those to whom it is not misattributed, there has been plenty of vitriol coming from them as well. I’ve been called most names under the sun for simply pointing out Trump’s own words and actions.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 6:19:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FreefallRet] [#34]
Originally Posted By jwr6:

So where do us "I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States from all enemies, foreign and domestic" types go?   Is there a cult for us?
View Quote
Tell me the specific current domestic enemy the military should rise up and fight against?

Should we cancel the election?

Link Posted: 8/26/2024 6:20:23 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

In some cases isn’t misattributed, and that is what draws the ire.

Supporting or voting for Trump by itself isn’t an issue.  You want to say he sucks, but are voting for him anyways because he’s better than Harris, I’ve got no issue with that.   It’s the cultism and constant excuses for the shit he does that are the problem.  If you are voting for him “because he loves America and its people,” or “he’s gonna drain the swamp THIS time!” - you look like someone in denial of reality and deserve ridicule.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 6:36:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By st0newall:

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/61NBNgHeTjL.jpg
View Quote

Fucking creepy and anti-christen on so many levels.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 6:43:05 PM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

Plus if they were true Americans and patriots and believed the election was truly stolen, why did they cave so easily? Evan under the threat of a prison sentence a true patriot would have held fast if it were true.  And we both know the answer to that question, they were peddling Trump's bullshit and getting paid.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 6:45:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Alwaysright:

Plus if they were true Americans and patriots and believed the election was truly stolen, why did they cave so easily? Evan under the threat of a prison sentence a true patriot would have held fast if it were true.  And we both know the answer to that question, they were peddling Trump's bullshit and getting paid.
View Quote

Do you think you have the character to be a confidant in the gulag?
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 6:46:42 PM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

Is the whole "working class" a new Trump-faithful talking point? Another parishioner is spouting it in the thread also.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 6:49:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By macros73:

More than that, they have Trump leading the way.

MTGA Bible, chapter 2:

One night Jesus dreamed He was walking along the beach with Donald Trump.
Many scenes from His life flashed across the sky.
In each scene, He noticed footprints in the sand.
Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,
other times there was one set of footprints.

This bothered Him because He noticed
that during the low periods of His life,
when He was suffering from
anguish, sorrow, or defeat,
He could see only one set of footprints.

So He said to Donald Trump,
"You promised Me, that if I followed you,
you would walk with Me always.
But I have noticed that during
the most trying periods of My life
there has only been one
set of footprints in the sand.
Why, when I needed you most,
you have not been there for Me?"

Trump replied,
"Look, Jesus, let me tell you something.
Those times when you only saw one set of footprints?
That was me. I was carrying you, okay?
Nobody carries better than I do. Believe me."
View Quote

Yeah, that's not Jim Jones level behavior at all.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 6:50:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Alwaysright] [#41]

Do you think you have the character to be a confidant in the gulag?
View Quote

Thank God the guys back in 1776 didn't have the moral fiber of Trump's attorneys.

Plus, I don't think the election was stolen, it was lost. So II guess we will never know the answer to your question.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 7:21:17 PM EDT
[#42]

View All Quotes

See the difference?

I’m not certain anyone has a more condescending attitude towards Trump’s supporters than…Donald Trump himself.

Reportedly he referred to his own supporters as “basement dwellers”.

This isn’t even a tiny bit surprising or difficult to believe when you understand who and what Trump is. For the most part Trump doesn’t see people as people. He sees them as transactions. If he needs to suck-up to the working class to get their vote, he’ll easily do so. But don’t mistake that necessary transaction for any kind of affection towards the working class.

Having known and worked with his type for more than two decades, I strongly suspect he rather holds the working class in low regard.

Link Posted: 8/26/2024 8:02:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MaverickH1] [#43]

@FreefallRet

(In the case of the 2A, assuming there are a couple big mass shootings, he’ll accelerate the attacks on said amendment)

Let’s be honest here. Say he does get back into office. You know as well as I do that both parties will work together just as hard to thwart his efforts just like last time “The swamp is deep. The swamp likes to protect itself.”

I’m not saying we stay home and not vote. I’ll vote for him a third time and hope he does get elected but we need to keep realistic expectations of what he can accomplish fighting both parties.  I think he’ll have to do more via executive orders than getting legislation passed but as soon as he’s out of office again, the left will undo most if not all of his EO’s anyway.
View All Quotes

@FreefallRet

Let me modify your worst case scenario in the other direction.  The reality is we still have no idea what Trump believes because he often occupies both sides of an issue within the same sentence when he speaks.

What Trump seems to believe the most is that he is a good leader who "gets things done".  

This is why he begged Pelosi and Schumer for a COVID bill quickly and vowed to destroy Thomas Massie for delaying the vote for a day.

This is why after banning bumpstocks he bragged about being better at using the ATF against gun owners than Obama was.

Now look at the endorsements he's gathering.  RFK Jr believes they will fight childhood diseases, which could mean a new bureau/agency.  

Trump promised to do more for "the black community" with more money for black colleges and local "opportunity zones" during the black journalists interviews.

He's promising the unions more tariffs against foreign competition.

All of those policy positions will draw ire from actual conservatives.  If the left ever figures out they can use Trump to grow government by PRAISING him and the true conservatives oppose him, you have a scenario where the Trump supporters will move to the left with glee to show their loyalty to Trump and make fun of "principled conservatives" who "only whine and never get anything done".

We saw this in the Feinstein anti-2A meeting where the praise he got from democrats made him tell Republicans to "stop being afraid of the NRA".  He essentially called 2nd Amendment supporters COWARDS with that statement.

By the end of his term he could have moved the party so far to the left that Democrats nominate a moderate just like him in 2028 and the GOP might nominate someone like Desantis.  And if Desantis didn't praise Trump at all times in those 4 years but the Democrat moderate did...

Trump might endorse the Democrat.

That is actually worst case scenario surrounding a Trump win.  There are other worst case scenarios surrounding a Harris win.

Typed quickly on my phone.  There are probably a lot of spelling mistakes.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 9:30:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Tell me the specific current domestic enemy the military should rise up and fight against?

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jwr6:

So where do us "I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States from all enemies, foreign and domestic" types go?   Is there a cult for us?

Not voting for politicians who have zero regard for the Constitution is a start.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 10:12:17 PM EDT
[#45]
whoo eey the trump haters are on a roll.

Link Posted: 8/26/2024 10:13:54 PM EDT
[#46]
the real reason for trump hate

Link Posted: 8/26/2024 10:55:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By iveseenalittleontv:
the real reason for trump hate

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GV817fvXMAAdi8g?format=jpg&name=small
View Quote

You might be onto something, there.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 11:27:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eurotrash] [#48]

Is the whole "working class" a new Trump-faithful talking point? Another parishioner is spouting it in the thread also.
View All Quotes

No, the “working class” is a real thing. I didn’t make it up. Imagine a class of people who can’t afford private school, don’t use “summer” as a verb, and live in towns that are affected by open border policies. There are people who are directly impacted by the party that wins the presidential election.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 11:54:25 PM EDT
[#49]

No, the “working class” is a real thing. I didn’t make it up. Imagine a class of people who can’t afford private school, don’t use “summer” as a verb, and live in towns that are affected by open border policies. There are people who are directly impacted by the party that wins the presidential election.
View Quote

You and the Q guy have the same talking points. Almost word for word.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 11:56:10 PM EDT
[#50]

View Quote

Trump’s tariff proposals would cost the typical middle-income household at least $1,700 a year, the researchers found.

“These policies are more likely to hurt than help the lower- and middle-income Americans they purport to benefit,” authors Kimberly Clausing and Mary Lovely, senior fellows at the Peterson Institute, wrote in the paper, titled “Why Trump’s Tariff Proposals Would Harm Working Americans.”

https://www.cnn.com/2024/05/21/business/trump-trade-war-tariffs-china/index.html

"Overall, we rate The Peterson Institute for International Economics Least Biased with a slight right lean. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and clean fact check record."

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/peterson-institute-for-international-economics/
Page / 134
People not Voting for Trump (Page 92 of 134)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top