User Panel

New StG 44 available (Page 3 of 3)
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 1:16:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 110:

PSA should just go ahead and add MLOK slots and a top rail to modernize it if it's not a direct clone.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 110:
Originally Posted By mstennes:

The PSA isn’t a replica, or clone at best it’s similar looking at best.

PSA should just go ahead and add MLOK slots and a top rail to modernize it if it's not a direct clone.

This and call it inspired by………
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 1:27:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By mstennes:

The PSA doesn't have 80% of the look, I'd say it vaguely resembles the STG..
View Quote
Looks like more than "vaguely resembles" to me.  

I don't think PSA would spend the time and money to help develop it if they didn't do some market research around it.  Could they make it exact?  Probably, but it would cost more and they'd sell less of them, I'd assume.  They cut corners on their Type 56 Spiker clone as well.  It's a balance they have to find and I bet it was deliberate for the niche they are in.

I guess you can get the .22LR version of the STG44 from ATI/GSG for around $500 if you want something that shoots and looks similar to an STG44, or you can get the PSA version of the STG44 for - I'm assuming - somewhere around $1600 and shoot certerfire cartridges, or if you are a collector and want accuracy in the reproduction, you can get the DK version for $6200.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 11:52:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By jtb33:
Looks like more than "vaguely resembles" to me.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QopXH293FQI

I don't think PSA would spend the time and money to help develop it if they didn't do some market research around it.  Could they make it exact?  Probably, but it would cost more and they'd sell less of them, I'd assume.  They cut corners on their Type 56 Spiker clone as well.  It's a balance they have to find and I bet it was deliberate for the niche they are in.

I guess you can get the .22LR version of the STG44 from ATI/GSG for around $500 if you want something that shoots and looks similar to an STG44, or you can get the PSA version of the STG44 for - I'm assuming - somewhere around $1600 and shoot certerfire cartridges, or if you are a collector and want accuracy in the reproduction, you can get the DK version for $6200.
View Quote

Yes, I stand behind my statement, vaguely resembles a real STG44, you be the judge. I will also spend the $$$ to get the correct one, either a semi from a parts kit, or a faithful clone. I’d spend $6200.00 or more for a STG44 clone, but I sure as hell would not spend $1600.00 and a abomination PSA is calling a STG44. Nothing, I mean nothing will interchange, it has a slight resemblance and that’s it.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 12:09:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Honestly, for $6,000.00 one could probably fly to SWA and find an original for sale.

Just say’n…

Link Posted: 8/27/2024 12:20:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Good to see it's in 8mm Kurz. Kind of gay to have one in 5.56 or 7.62x39
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 12:42:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By ArmyInfantryVet:
Good to see it's in 8mm Kurz. Kind of gay to have one in 5.56 or 7.62x39
View Quote
If you're going to spend $6K on the DK one, I agree that it should be in the original caliber for the STG44, for sure.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 12:52:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By jtb33:
If you're going to spend $6K on the DK one, I agree that it should be in the original caliber for the STG44, for sure.
View Quote

Well that and it would look like a gay wannabe with its 7 62 and 5.56 curved magazine
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 1:09:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By ArmyInfantryVet:

Well that and it would look like a gay wannabe with its 7 62 and 5.56 curved magazine
View Quote
Take a look at this video at the 5:45 mark.  

Vor 20 Jahren: Alltag im eingekesselten Mostar | SPIEGEL TV

Link Posted: 8/27/2024 1:12:46 AM EDT
[#9]
So, only available through his company?
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 1:17:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By USMCTanker:
Honestly, for $6,000.00 one could probably fly to SWA and find an original for sale.

Just say’n…

View Quote

Truth.  And it'd be OG 1944-45.  Cost about $500.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 10:57:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By ServusVeritatis:
For $6200 I expect a real STG44 kit that was converted to semi with real German ww2 parts.
View Quote

I’ve see pictures and video of quite a few being used in the Syrian civil war. Maybe a good source for parts? I bet you could get some smart Israeli arms company to buy them up and make parts kits to ship over.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 10:01:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Shadyman:

I’ve see pictures and video of quite a few being used in the Syrian civil war. Maybe a good source for parts? I bet you could get some smart Israeli arms company to buy them up and make parts kits to ship over.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Shadyman:
Originally Posted By ServusVeritatis:
For $6200 I expect a real STG44 kit that was converted to semi with real German ww2 parts.

Cases of brand new ones were found buried in caches in Iraq, so there are still new ones to be found. Supposedly there are many still in new condition in Europe left from WW2.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 10:50:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Flogger23m:

I don't really see the point of getting an old historic gun and then putting rails and different calibers on them. You may as well get a modern gun, or at least one that is mass produced like an AK. It would be like tooling up for K98K production, and then putting rails and FDE all over it. Why bother? It isn't true to the historic look, and it will still perform worse than a modern bolt action. Its like the worst of both worlds.

Don't see the issue. These are lower production guns, and cost a lot. Still amazed to see 15,000 M249S selling. But I think if you have lots of money, why not? I would buy both even though a semi M249 is dumb it would be fun to have.
View Quote

That sounds fun. I'm in.
Link Posted: 8/28/2024 12:11:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Arty8] [#14]
Originally Posted By AngryCaveman:

I wouldn’t trust them for shit
View Quote

Add me to the list, still waiting on my SVD.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
New StG 44 available (Page 3 of 3)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top