BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 9:58:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By FedDC:

No, that’s incorrect.

The officers did contact the post office and did confirm that the suspect received mail there.  

They didn’t do it via the normal channels.  

No, that’s not fabricated evidence.  It’s incorrect description of their method.  

Additionally, the postal info wasn’t the basis for the warrant.  It was supplemental.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:
So….postal did verify…but not the way it was listed in the warrant.

Okay.  So the officer(s) made up facts that didn't happen and listed them in the warrant.

Do you believe that constitutes fabricating evidence?

No, that’s incorrect.

The officers did contact the post office and did confirm that the suspect received mail there.  

They didn’t do it via the normal channels.  

No, that’s not fabricated evidence.  It’s incorrect description of their method.  

Additionally, the postal info wasn’t the basis for the warrant.  It was supplemental.

Swearing to things that didn’t actually happen isn’t fabricating evidence on a warrant.  Got it.

The officers should have had you as a lawyer, then they may not have plead guilty to doing that already.

Once again, “good cops” are defending criminals who have already been fount guilty.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 10:00:34 AM EDT
[#2]

It’s a giant ghetto…median income is welfare rat.
View All Quotes
At the time, they did not have enough to issue them to everyone.  

That PD is poor…low pay, bad gear.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/66085/louisville_metro_police_jpg-3303954.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/66085/Untitled_jpg-3303957.JPG

They make 46% more than the city's median income upon graduating the academy and 84% more than the median income after two years.  

I honor you ability to try defiending your position in the face of contrary facts.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 10:12:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FoxValleyTacDriver] [#3]
"there is no direct link between the warrantless entry and Taylor's death."

Lol. Fuck no knock warrants.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 10:46:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By FoxValleyTacDriver:

View Quote

And their functional equivalents, the knock then break in before the person can be expected to process what is happening.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 10:48:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Best I can tell, she was kind of sketchy herself and enjoyed hanging around criminals and got herself killed via those bad decisions.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 10:49:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Before people comment, they should listen to the podcast from the officer that was shot and returned fire.

The majority of the info that’s out there in the media is completely wrong, including the warrant predication.  He explained how the PD literally lied to the media in order to throw the officers to the wolves and refused to correct themselves when the actual officers proved it was untrue.  

https://www.amazon.com/12-Seconds-Dark-Officers-Firsthand/dp/1956007016
View Quote

My only comment is it's sad that shitty/inaccurate/irresponsible media coverage and sensationalism has turned this into something where it's hard to know exactly what happened for sure.

And it's not just the media to blame here, either.

The whole thing turned into a fucking circus.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 10:50:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Protecting the blue line.

Link Posted: 8/25/2024 10:51:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By buck19delta:
Best I can tell, she was kind of sketchy herself and enjoyed hanging around criminals and got herself killed via those bad decisions.
View Quote

OK, cool.

Sketchy gets capital punishment. Death penalty for sketchy.  The good ole blue judge dread.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 11:03:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By gotigers:

OK, cool.

Sketchy gets capital punishment. Death penalty for sketchy.  The good ole blue judge dread.
View Quote

LOL

Actions have consequences and sometimes those consequences are severe.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 12:01:35 PM EDT
[#10]

I honor you ability to try defiending your position in the face of contrary facts.
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/66085/louisville_metro_police_jpg-3303954.JPG

They make 46% more than the city's median income upon graduating the academy and 84% more than the median income after two years.  

Go read the book or listen to one of the podcasts that the officer did.  The dept is low pay, low income area…it’s common in the south.  The officers involved all admitted they wish they had body cams but the department couldn’t afford them.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 12:03:35 PM EDT
[#11]

And their functional equivalents, the knock then break in before the person can be expected to process what is happening.
View All Quotes

Ironically, a no knock service would have likely saved her.  

By knocking and waiting, they gave the shooter about a minute to arm up and get into a defensive position in the hallway where he shot the officer who made entry.  The officer was hit in the femoral artery.  

Link Posted: 8/25/2024 12:07:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FoxValleyTacDriver] [#12]
Originally Posted By Never_A_Wick:

LOL

Actions have consequences and sometimes those consequences are severe.
View Quote

There's innocent people that have ended up dead because of no knocks at the wrong house..

Imagine this. It's 3am. You hear your door get kicked in.

What will you do it? I'd bet most people here would grab a gun. If it's your local swat team that will get you killed and you'll be cooling off at the morgue. It will be justified because you had a firearm in your hand, even though they had the wrong residence and you had no idea it was the police.

That scenario has happened several times. I can give you 3 occasions that are fresh in my memory where a no knock occurred at the wrong house and this has happened.

No knocks are fucking retarded. It is a far less safe option for all parties involved. Including the cops.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 12:09:06 PM EDT
[#13]

OK, cool.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By buck19delta:

OK, cool.

Again, if you look into the actual events, her boyfriend used her as a human shield and then actively prevented her from receiving medical care for about half an hour.  

He shot an officer, then barricaded and called his mom…destroyed evidence…made BS calls to cover up his actions…all while his girl was bleeding on the floor.  

He chose to let her die while destroying and fabricating evidence.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 12:18:11 PM EDT
[#14]

There's innocent people that have ended up dead because of no knocks at the wrong house..

What will you do it? I'd bet most people here would grab a gun. If it's your local swat team that will get you killed and you'll be cooling off at the morgue. It will be justified because you had a firearm in your hand, even though they had the wrong residence and you had no idea it was the police.

That scenario has happened several times. I can give you 3 occasions that are fresh in my memory where a no knock occurred at the wrong house and this has happened.

No knocks are fucking retarded. It is a far less safe option for all parties involved. Including the cops.
View Quote

this wasnt a no knock and was at the correct address
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 12:21:59 PM EDT
[#15]

By knocking and waiting, they gave the shooter about a minute to arm up and get into a defensive position in the hallway where he shot the officer who made entry.  The officer was hit in the femoral artery.  

View All Quotes

That's an opinion.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 12:23:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By NCPatrolAR:

View Quote

How long was it between the knock and the breach?
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 12:27:38 PM EDT
[#17]

Go read the book or listen to one of the podcasts that the officer did.  The dept is low pay, low income area it's common in the south.  The officers involved all admitted they wish they had body cams but the department couldn't afford them.
View Quote
My department, a state agency, did not have Body Worn Cameras until 2021.  Many agencies did not.  It is much more SOP now, but just an FYI.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 12:32:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By aztrooper:
My department, a state agency, did not have Body Worn Cameras until 2021.  Many agencies did not.  It is much more SOP now, but just an FYI.
View All Quotes

Go read the book or listen to one of the podcasts that the officer did.  The dept is low pay, low income area it's common in the south.  The officers involved all admitted they wish they had body cams but the department couldn't afford them.

Any agency that didn't at least have some video being taken of the execution of high risk warrant service since the 90s has done so because they didn't want video taken of them.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 12:32:45 PM EDT
[#19]

View Quote

I am calling your BS.  

According to the FBI, about 80,000 no-knock warrants are served in the US every year.  Since 1970, there have been 12 served on the wrong house, about 1 every 3-5 years.  So I call your bullshit on 3 "fresh in your memory".  I will patiently await your response.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 12:33:20 PM EDT
[#20]

Go read the book or listen to one of the podcasts that the officer did.  The dept is low pay, low income area…it’s common in the south.  The officers involved all admitted they wish they had body cams but the department couldn’t afford them.
View All Quotes

The department that pays twice the prevailing wage is low pay?
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 12:35:33 PM EDT
[#21]

I am calling your BS.  

According to the FBI, about 80,000 no-knock warrants are served in the US every year.  Since 1970, there have been 12 served on the wrong house, about 1 every 3-5 years.  So I call your bullshit on 3 "fresh in your memory".  I will patiently await your response.
View All Quotes

I am calling your BS.  

Reference to your stats?
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 12:36:18 PM EDT
[#22]

Any agency that didn't at least have some video being taken of the execution of high risk warrant service since the 90s has done so because they didn't want video taken of them.
View Quote

Yeah, ok.  BWCs did not exist in the United States until 2007.  So if you wanted to bring your Digital High 8 camera and strap it to your helmet, sure.  So many people in here don't have a fucking clue, it is funny.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 12:37:33 PM EDT
[#23]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NCPatrolAR:

Let’s check the video.

Link Posted: 8/25/2024 12:39:11 PM EDT
[#24]

View Quote
This +1000
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 12:40:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Good shoot, boyfriend was a shitbag and caused her death. Judge ruled correctly in this instance.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 12:42:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Kunta_Kinte:

Good shoot, boyfriend was a shitbag and caused her death. Judge ruled correctly in this instance.
View Quote

Thank God for women who make bad decisions. Please don't execute all of them.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 12:42:57 PM EDT
[#27]

Yeah, ok.  BWCs did not exist in the United States until 2007.  So if you wanted to bring your Digital High 8 camera and strap it to your helmet, sure.  So many people in here don't have a fucking clue, it is funny.
View All Quotes

Did I say as a body worn camera?   What in the words I wrote made you make that logical leap?  Or are you just making stuff up?
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 12:43:49 PM EDT
[#28]

Reference to your stats?
View Quote

Here is a liberal rag that has the # of warrants.  
Here is another one.  This one says 70k.  
Another One.  

Link Posted: 8/25/2024 12:44:47 PM EDT
[#29]
The leaked (intelligence) surveillance report was very enlightening as to urban surveillance operations.
This was the info that led to the door knocking.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 12:44:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Whether they did wrong or not, outside of possibly certain undercover work a camera on a cop should be mandatory for an arrest of any kind.    

Also, qualified immunity needs to end.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 12:46:36 PM EDT
[#31]

Reference to your stats?

Here is a liberal rag that has the # of warrants.  
Here is another one.  This one says 70k.  
Another One.  

Where is the primary source from the FBI?
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 1:02:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By anesvick:
She was a shitbag, and hung out with other shitbags.  This is known.

Issue I always had was the no cameras thing, which LMPD needs to fix, and the scared fuck doing a mag dump into an occupied structure.

If they had worn cameras, the issue would have been resolved a long time ago and wouldn't have given the BLM crew an excuse to riot.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/25/2024 1:26:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Boyfriend who was in the apartment was not on the warrant. Also had a legal pistol so no previous arrest issues.
This guy had 0 reason to think it was police kicking in his door.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 1:59:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Imzadi:

View All Quotes

Twice the prevailing wage…in the ghetto…is still crap.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 2:01:02 PM EDT
[#35]
LMPD has body cameras.

Next excuse please.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By crwdplsr:

A lot of agencies don't have body cameras

It's expensive  and if the politicians don't want to spend the money on them, then the LEOs don't get them
LMPD has body cameras.

Next excuse please.

Now they do.  And they should:  the things end up stopping more lawsuits against the department than they facilitate.

But back then, they didn't.

I need to read the opinion, and see how tailored the holding is to these facts, or whether it's applicable much more broadly.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 2:01:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Danted:
Boyfriend who was in the apartment was not on the warrant. Also had a legal pistol so no previous arrest issues.
View Quote

Aside from the police in overt armor that says police…and them identifying themselves as Police…and there being a marked Police car out front with a clearly uniformed officer…

Link Posted: 8/25/2024 2:04:41 PM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

That wasn’t the scenario here.  They didn’t have the wrong house.  So, with regards to this subject, your argument is null.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 2:14:25 PM EDT
[#38]

Aside from the police in overt armor that says police…and them identifying themselves as Police…and there being a marked Police car out front with a clearly uniformed officer…

View All Quotes

Let's go to the video and see if he had time to observe and process all of that.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 2:24:41 PM EDT
[#39]

Let's go to the video and see if he had time to observe and process all of that.
View All Quotes

Assuming you are being facetious.  There is no video of the warrant service as the officers were not issued body cameras or similar.  

The only real video is from the SWAT element that responds later and a few car cameras from responding units that were trying to evac the wounded officer.  

The med response was also a fiasco but nobody cares.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 2:28:29 PM EDT
[#40]

That wasn’t the scenario here.  They didn’t have the wrong house.  So, with regards to this subject, your argument is null.
View All Quotes

Not only that, but the jail phone calls indicated that the information in the warrant was correct when the suspect said to send people to her house and get his stuff after the police leave.  

In the book, the officer talks about how badly the department handled the post shooting investigation.  For example- they never executed the original warrant or searched the residence for drugs or money.  

That’s super incompetent.  

Link Posted: 8/25/2024 2:30:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By BabaYaga22:
That was a bad shoot, officers should be charged
View Quote

Maybe.

But shouldn’t the judge that authorized the no knock as well as the superiors who pushed for it?
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 2:32:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By coffee2code:

Agreed, lack of cameras (and the lack of a requirement for cameras) is a huge problem.  Given today's litigious environment, I cannot imagine why, short of intentional incompetence, any department would not require cameras for all interactions.  That said, hasn't BLM already complained that cameras disproving their claims of racial targeting by definitively showing showing bad behavior are racist?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By coffee2code:
She was a shitbag, and hung out with other shitbags.  This is known.

Issue I always had was the no cameras thing, which LMPD needs to fix, and the scared fuck doing a mag dump into an occupied structure.

If they had worn cameras, the issue would have been resolved a long time ago and wouldn't have given the BLM crew an excuse to riot.

Agreed, lack of cameras (and the lack of a requirement for cameras) is a huge problem.  Given today's litigious environment, I cannot imagine why, short of intentional incompetence, any department would not require cameras for all interactions.  That said, hasn't BLM already complained that cameras disproving their claims of racial targeting by definitively showing showing bad behavior are racist?

We just got BWC within the last 2 years because the city council who controls the purse strings wouldn't fund them. We spent seizure money to get enough to equip patrol and traffic, but no one else in a specialized assignment has one.

We aren't a small agency either.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 2:48:12 PM EDT
[#43]
Hands up don’t shoot!
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 2:59:37 PM EDT
[#44]
The brother of a multiple-arrested drug dealing buddy of her boyfriend turned up dead in the trunk of her car. Coulda happened to anybody.

https://louisville-police.org/751/Breonna-Taylor-Investigation
https://louisville-police.org/DocumentCenter/View/1801/PIU-20-019-Breonna-Taylor-Summary
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 4:47:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SmilingBandit] [#45]

View All Quotes

Their second year pay (before overtime or special pay) puts them at 71st percentile nationwide and about 80th percentile for Kentucky.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 4:49:28 PM EDT
[#46]

Their second year pay (before overtime or special pay) puts them at 71st percentile nationwide.
View Quote

You’re really hung up on this.

They didn’t have BWCs for whatever reason.  So what?  Plenty of other agencies didn’t until recently, either.

Link Posted: 8/25/2024 4:50:35 PM EDT
[#47]

Assuming you are being facetious.  There is no video of the warrant service as the officers were not issued body cameras or similar.  

The only real video is from the SWAT element that responds later and a few car cameras from responding units that were trying to evac the wounded officer.  

View All Quotes

Since there is no objective evidence of what they were wearing, what they said, and the timelines; why are you so confident in your statements other than tribilism?
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 4:51:33 PM EDT
[#48]

They didn’t have BWCs for whatever reason.  So what?  Plenty of other agencies didn’t until recently, either.

View All Quotes

Their second year pay (before overtime or special pay) puts them at 71st percentile nationwide.

I'm hung up on wanting and using objective facts?

I'm okay with that.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 4:55:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By BabaYaga22:
That was a bad shoot, officers should be charged
View Quote

There is a difference between a bad shoot and a bad situation, until one is on the receiving end of gunfire yone can't predict how they will react
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 4:55:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Never_A_Wick] [#50]

I'm hung up on wanting and using objective facts?

I'm okay with that.
View Quote

An objective fact is not assertion that fuckery was afoot because there’s no video evidence.

I don’t see a whole lot of objectivity overall in your posts on this subject.  All we have to do is look at your first, emotional post in the thread to figure that out.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top