Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 11:43:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wmagrush] [#1]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/That_Printer_of_Udell's
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 11:51:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By -OdieGreen-:
Does it provide any insight on his war against firearm owners? I'd be really curious as to his personal outlooks when he created the California antigun movement as governor.
View Quote

There's always got to be someone who shits on the supper.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 11:53:28 PM EDT
[#3]
My inlaws saw it and said it was really good.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 11:55:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheWhiteHorse] [#4]
One has to ask one’s self, why is Hollywood making this?  Because they were told to…

He was as much or more of a puppet than Biden in his later years… strings pulled MIC and CIA.

Fuck him and all the damage he’s responsible for. The only good thing he did was meet with Gorbie in Iceland to try and get rid of nukes… but you’ll have people here say that was a bad thing.
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 11:55:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PhotonKV] [#5]
Originally Posted By mPisi:
Enjoyed it as a historical story covering his origins and greatest hits.  But the casting is questionable at best (very limited pool willing to do it I've heard) and the de-aging on Reagan is terrible at points.  Since there are a lot of close-ups, it is very distracting.  Basically a good story but a bad technical movie.
View Quote

My wife and I, as well as a near full house theater, enjoyed it, Most clapped at the end, even the younger crowd <40.
 But, I agree that it was “Budget”.
Penelope Anne Miller had a few not great scenes to go with some good ones.
“B” quality production values with decent acting a good story.

Link Posted: 9/5/2024 12:06:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Over three decades and RDS is still strong.

Never ceases to amaze me how effective the media is.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 12:15:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By FaygoJoe:

It was the Crusader.

I saw it last week on release day and I really liked it.  The lady who played Nancy should get best supporting actress awards but will likely be snubbed simply due to what the movie is.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FaygoJoe:
Originally Posted By MikeJGA:
Did anyone get the name of the book that inspired him?  They held it up several times but none of us could make out the title,

It was the Crusader.

I saw it last week on release day and I really liked it.  The lady who played Nancy should get best supporting actress awards but will likely be snubbed simply due to what the movie is.

My bad, I didn't read!

The Crusader was what inspired the movie; someone has posted the book FROM the movie that inspired Reagan.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 12:40:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By ClayHollisterTT:

The ignorance here is astounding.  

View Quote

Some people don’t know how government works.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 1:11:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Just so long as it isn't a hit piece.

Hollywood did a film about Thatcher and rather than doing a film about the first female PM who improved the economy, rebuilt the military and made terrorists "think twice" for almost a decade before they start shit, they instead made a film about a mean lady who took away milk money from school kids and then had mental health problems.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 10:08:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By TheWhiteHorse:
One has to ask one’s self, why is Hollywood making this?  Because they were told to…

He was as much or more of a puppet than Biden in his later years… strings pulled MIC and CIA.

Fuck him and all the damage he’s responsible for. The only good thing he did was meet with Gorbie in Iceland to try and get rid of nukes… but you’ll have people here say that was a bad thing.
View Quote

LOL at the revisionist.  He turned the economy around, he made us proud to be American's again, he rebuilt the military from the post Vietnan shit we had (like the post GWOT military we have now X 87), he gave us hope with the SDI........
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 10:23:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Rather eat a poop sandwich than watching another stupid fucking bio movie. Hollywood is tapped out with good ideas so they just keep pumping out movies about any famous person they can think of. Fuck all of them, including Oppenheimer.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 1:51:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By callgood:

Yep. IMDb rates it 6.3.
View Quote

People that watch a lot of movies, let alone not evangelical Christians, aren't going to rate it highly.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 1:56:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Wife and Morher saw it.  They said it is a must see,

I read the rotten tomatoes CRITICS section.
Full of liberal haters.  So that’s another reason to see it.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 2:01:59 PM EDT
[#14]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By zaitsev44:
I wonder if they will cover the California gun control he pushed for, signing FOPA with the Hughes Amendment, and giving amnesty to millions of illegals forever dooming California to a Dem shithole? Yeah that real bastion of conservatism!
Or Nancy the Suck Queen of Hollywood?

I guess people enjoy being suckers buying what the MSM sells.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 4:12:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Dennis Quaid: 98% of people can’t be all wrong

Link Posted: 9/14/2024 1:52:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: F1PRB22] [#16]
I loved it.

During the first scene of Quaid acting as Reagan, my first thought was, "this is going to be bad", but for the rest of the movie, he nailed it.

The way the story was told, from a Russian spies perspective  was terrific.

The supporting actors were mostly very good to near excellent.

Two thumbs  up !

Post 500.
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 2:01:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BamBam-31] [#17]
Rotten Tomatoes is a microcosm of society today.  They try to gaslight people with the critics' views (like the MSM), but the people know better.

Watched "Reagan" with the family.  We all loved it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 3:04:27 PM EDT
[#18]
We went on opening day.  Full theater.  Heard sniffling and crying towards the end.  The audience loudly applauded.  Not a single person stood up until the credits were over.  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top