Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 11
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 3:00:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Kokodude:
This is how they will come take your guns.
View Quote

That would go over smoothly
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 3:02:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By haveTwo:

Ha! They didn't believe in individual accountability by the kings men, only by the little people.

Otherwise why is it well known that ignorance of the law is no excuse?*

Except for those changed with enforcing it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By haveTwo:
Originally Posted By Mikhail_86:
Originally Posted By Flysc:

She should get paid. Deputy Powertrip there entered her home without  consent or a warrant.

Yes, but deputy dipshit should pay, and as another member said the departments pension fund.

Ha! They didn't believe in individual accountability by the kings men, only by the little people.

Otherwise why is it well known that ignorance of the law is no excuse?*

Except for those changed with enforcing it.

This.

The judiciary has, as a matter of law, created a second class of citizens. They are loathe to do anything that'll upset their lap dogs.

Fuck this cop, and fuck anyone that defends him
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 3:14:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By StanGram:
I hope you are trolling, otherwise this is the stupidest comment I have read all week.

View Quote

Dude is a known troll
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 3:19:53 AM EDT
[#4]
It's wild that I went from extremely pro to anti law enforcement in like 4 years.

Not I hate them, I just think we'd be better off without them.

They seem to target the compliant/law abiding, protect the criminals, and ignore criminals mostly

Just what it seems.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 3:38:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Bigger_Hammer:

I've always believed that if Bad Cops had to pay the settlement themselves or it comes from their department pension fund, they'd very soon learn that crime should not pay.

Taking settlements & judgements from the Department's Pension pool ....  and soon Officers & Deputies would be motivated to sort out their own "bad apples" much sooner.

Bigger_Hammer
View Quote

Have the settlement funds come from the next fiscal years budget.
"Sorry guys, Officer Dumbass, through his stupidity cost the department $5.5 million because he was stupid. No OT, work week is cut back to 30 hrs per week for the foreseeable future"
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 4:08:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Krombompulos_Michael] [#7]
42 USC 1983.  The homeowner can file an action under this section of law.  The payoff will be huge.  The city will move to settle immediately because there is no defense here for the officer’s actions.  The officer should be fired.  Major blatant 4A violation.  

I think the officer confused vampire rules (a vampire cannot enter your home unless you invite him in) with search warrants.  Just a joke of course, but a vampire wouldn’t have entered be cause he wasn’t invited, and even though LE may control comings and goings during a search warrant, they certainly don’t own the home.   This moron cop was neither a vampire nor had a warrant.  

Fuck that cop.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 4:12:09 AM EDT
[#8]
He owns the home now.
The least she could do was make him a sandwich.l
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 4:22:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Krombompulos_Michael] [#9]
Originally Posted By lowcountrydirtrider:

Yes, am aware, but every case is unique.
Was the child at the door in distress, prompting officer to enter to investigate?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By shaggy:

Lol

Caniglia v Strom

Was the child at the door in distress, prompting officer to enter to investigate?

No, the minor wasn’t in distress.  The cop had zero PC.  He didn’t even have reasonable suspicion (he observed no noise when he arrived and a report to dispatch gives him nothing as soon as he found there was no noise.  

Let me make this easy for you, the cop trampled that woman’s 4A rights.  Like obliterated them.  He then cemented the deal by placing her under arrest under false pretenses, yet another 4A violation.  I have been in LE for over 30 years.  This one is so easy, a caveman could figure it out.  

How it should have happened:

- Cop arrives to investigate noise complaint.  Heard nothing after observing for a minute or so.  Cop leaves and calls it in as unfounded.  Maybe goes and talks to the complaining party in person and finds out what the problem really is in case the complaint is called in again.

That cop went from zero to retard as soon as he knocked on the door.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 4:29:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Krombompulos_Michael] [#10]
Originally Posted By Mech2007:
Isolated Incident.

View Quote

In this case, it is.  The vast majority of cops know better than to do what that cop did.  Does it happen?  Yes, but very rarely because the cop knows he will get the shit sued out of him.  This cop was truly one of the very stupid ones and will pay dearly for his blunder.   Prior to streaming video and the internet this kind of thing probably happened a little more, but with nearly every encounter being recorded, even the bad cops know not to do something so blatant and stupid.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 4:38:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By SuperSixOne:
Pretty wild. Dude opened the door and invited himself in.

Where was this at? AZ?

I like how body cameras were supposed to be the end all be all for nailing criminals, but all they seem to catch is cops acting like criminals themselves.
View Quote

You got that backwards, body cams were supposed catch all the cops doing dirty things.  A big push came for them after the Michael Brown case.  They have ended up showing more criminals acting like criminals.  This case didn’t involve a body cam.  The idiot cop was filmed violating the homeowner’s 4A rights by someone in the house.  Good thing too.  The homeowner will be getting a huge payout for it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 4:43:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Rescue43:
Even though I was a Sheriffs Deputy from 2007 to 2015, I always thought it was ridiculous to arrest someone for “resisting arrest” when they weren’t under arrest in the first place.

Edit to add: I left law enforcement because of witnessing to much corruption within the department. Way too many shady dealings within the good ol boy system.
View Quote

That’s because you were 100% correct.  A resisting arrest charge cannot stand on its own.  There has to be a predicate offense.  Resisting arrest, aka “contempt of cop”, is way overused and dismissed frequently.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 5:27:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:
There are many instances you can enter a home without a warrant and uninvited.

I don’t think a loud music complaint is one of those unless extenuating circumstances exist.
View Quote

It's not.

He's the reason why the barrier of entry for law enforcement should be a law degree.

And gypsy cops should be barred from even working at McDonalds.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 5:30:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By caduckgunner:
Here is the Deputy Dipshit's boss complaining that police get no respect.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ACAB/comments/15mnfuv/riverside_county_sheriff_chad_bianco_whines/
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 5:31:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By crashburnrepeat:
It's wild that I went from extremely pro to anti law enforcement in like 4 years.

They seem to target the compliant/law abiding, protect the criminals, and ignore criminals mostly

Just what it seems.
View Quote

Always respected most law enforcement for doing a difficult job but was wary about a lot of the unconstitutional practices and casual violation of civil rights.
COVID BS enforcement while tolerating rioting and looting from other demographics shifted my cautious optimism about the profession to just acknowledging that we doing this anarchotyranny thing now and police are not here to help.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 5:38:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Get a storm door and keep it locked.  Then speak to the officer through that door.  

Once you open the door and they cross the barrier, they will charge you with battery on a police officer if you try and bar their entry.

The officer was a dick, and deserves to be fired, but he will prevail in court.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 5:43:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By StarJumper:
Cop is investigating a noise complaint. Cop rings the doorbell, kids answer door, they realize a cop is standing on the porch and so they run to get their mother.

Officer proceeds to open the door, invites himself in the house and refuses to leave when asked to leave.

Homeowner demands cop leaves, cop says he owns the house if he is standing inside and that he doesn't have to leave. Officer then drags woman outside and arrests her for contempt of cop.

At what point is the cop an armed home invader? What could possibly justify this thinking?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfGooi1JJUg
View Quote

Let’s see how many officers line up to throw him under the bus, file charges, arrest him and send him off to prison.

Let me guess 0.

Back the blue is gone. And qualified immunity needs to be done away with so fast it’s ridiculous.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 5:49:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Defund the police and this is what we get.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 5:53:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: VidaEterna] [#19]
There are numerous exceptions to the warrant requirement, and in California they have the community caretaking function. I can see this go either way.
View Quote

I haven’t watched the video, but I’ve had to sit thru enough 4th amendment classes/videos that I bet it’s a violation. Sue the officer and the County for this in federal court. That’s where it will carry weight.

Police have the exigent circumstance rule. Entering a home because the child left the door open isn’t an invitation to enter and doesn’t fit the exigent circumstance rule. Period.

If a wife and husband open the door together and one says come in and the other says you cannot, you cannot, without exigent circumstance. What is exigent circumstance? Violent domestic 911 call where “he is stabbing me” is heard screamed and no one will open the door….door will get kicked down. No time to obtain a judge signed warrant.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 5:56:03 AM EDT
[#20]

Just what it seems.
View Quote

That's the message that they get from their Masters, the politicians who write the laws.

A high profile shooting? Write new laws that take away the rights of John and Jane Whitebread but will do nothing to control Jamiriqui Q. Quantavius who is out roaming the hood with a Glock switch.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 5:57:31 AM EDT
[#21]
He got home safe at the end of his shift and that's all that matters.

Oh wait!
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 6:09:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Krombompulos_Michael:

In this case, it is.  The vast majority of cops know better than to do what that cop did.  Does it happen?  Yes, but very rarely because the cop knows he will get the shit sued out of him.  This cop was truly one of the very stupid ones and will pay dearly for his blunder.   Prior to streaming video and the internet this kind of thing probably happened a little more, but with nearly every encounter being recorded, even the bad cops know not to do something so blatant and stupid.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mech2007:
Isolated Incident.

If more "good" cops were willing to speak up about "bad" cops, public perception would change.

I'm NOT saying that all or even most cops would do the same thing. What I AM saying is that if they say or do nothing to the contrary, it at least implies that they're OK with it. I

I live in a "cop town" and have overheard multiple instances of cops at kids' sporting events openly discussing how they have pulled over cops for drunk driving and sent them on their way. Now, I don't drink, so I don't care about inequal treatment,  but I DO care about potentially being on the road with some liquored up cop. And to openly discus it within earshot of children!?!

I have seen countless instances on Arfcom where cops will even take it a step further and defend bad behavior.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 6:11:02 AM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

Sternly worded letter in his file?
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 6:13:30 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Extorris:

View All Quotes

See? Now I know that Extorris was a cop and roughly where.

I trust his perspective.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 6:18:53 AM EDT
[#25]
So how do I know that the "cop" is actually a cop? Uniforms and badges don't mean shit. If you like, you can wait there while I call the local department and verify who you are. Or you can force your way into my house and be dealt with the same as an armed intruder of any other type.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 6:25:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Where do they find a nearly continuous string of officers who missed their first day of law enforcement training?

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 6:26:33 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By 50cal:

Have the settlement funds come from the next fiscal years budget.
"Sorry guys, Officer Dumbass, through his stupidity cost the department $5.5 million because he was stupid. No OT, work week is cut back to 30 hrs per week for the foreseeable future"
View Quote

The workload in law enforcement doesn't work that way. Responding to the MVA or crime in progress isn't something that can be pushed back to another day because you ran out of paid hours today
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 6:27:22 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Nightstalker32:Loud music is the exception? Lol wtf. And he " owns their house"?  He can get fked
View Quote
It's right there in the Constitution for Pete's sake!

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized, except if someone complains about loud music.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 6:28:58 AM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

I do appreciate your input on this thread, but why is getting sued the accepted standard for punishing bad cops like this?  His actions were criminal and should be treated as such,
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 6:31:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dbrowne1] [#30]
I don’t understand why people open the door for strangers, let alone ones with badges. Just don’t let him in.

What is he going to do, kick your door in over a noise complaint? Let him try to explain that. If the cops are at your door for a reason that’s actually bad enough to justify forcing entry, then make them do it - you’re already fucked anyway well beyond the cost of repairing your door.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 6:33:44 AM EDT
[#31]

I don’t think a loud music complaint is one of those unless extenuating circumstances exist.
View Quote

One of the reasons I will never call 911.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 6:35:20 AM EDT
[#32]
Some people think a badge is a super power, when in reality it's only as powerful as others allow it to be. Everything's hunky dory until somebody doesn't give a fuck.

"I own your home."

LOL.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 6:38:28 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:
You can tell a cop is trustworthy when is standing inside the house and stating he isn’t in the house,  
View Quote

Also, didn't the kid open the door and then shut it? If so, then the cop is a liar as well by stating the kid let him inside.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 6:38:30 AM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

Don't forget the paid admin leave while they investigate.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 6:41:04 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Your1Savior:

The moment he turns into an armed invader in someone's private home he ceases to be a cop and is a threat to that family's lives.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Your1Savior:
Originally Posted By Mikhail_86:
[Deleted]I deleted this. Don't make implied threats v police Aimless

The moment he turns into an armed invader in someone's private home he ceases to be a cop and is a threat to that family's lives.

He is a threat to the entire community his whole shift.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 6:41:29 AM EDT
[#36]

I do appreciate your input on this thread, but why is getting sued the accepted standard for punishing bad cops like this?  His actions were criminal and should be treated as such,
View All Quotes

A civil suit is part of the remedy.  As I indicated already, he is subject to a 1983 action - violation of rights under color of law.  That is a federal crime.  Make sense?
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 6:42:22 AM EDT
[#37]
I hope you are trolling, otherwise this is the stupidest comment I have read all week.

View All Quotes

Known troll.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 6:42:36 AM EDT
[#38]

View All Quotes

Lawsuit and federal criminal action under 1983.  DOJ will have a piece of his ass.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 6:43:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: oscardeuce] [#39]

View Quote

That’s the Ole Yeller exemption
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 6:43:15 AM EDT
[#40]

Lawsuit and federal criminal action under 1983. DOJ will have a piece of his ass.
View All Quotes

Lawsuit and federal criminal action under 1983. DOJ will have a piece of his ass.

I'll believe it when I see it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 6:46:30 AM EDT
[#41]

A civil suit is part of the remedy.  As I indicated already, he is subject to a 1983 action - violation of rights under color of law.  That is a federal crime.  Make sense?
View All Quotes

It is part of the remedy, but not the primary means to punish criminal activity.

And this shouldn’t be a federal issue, the states have plenty of laws about breaking into houses and kidnapping people.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 6:51:19 AM EDT
[#42]
I keep hearing it's just a few bad apples.
They need to police themselves of them.

A bad apple off gasses and spoils the good ones if not separated. It's surprisingly accurate to the government.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 6:51:47 AM EDT
[#43]

It is part of the remedy, but not the primary means to punish criminal activity.

And this shouldn’t be a federal issue, the states have plenty of laws about breaking into houses and kidnapping people.
View All Quotes

I'll believe it when the police actually police their own.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 6:54:33 AM EDT
[#44]
Protected and served
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 6:56:18 AM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

One of those circumstances is if they invite you in to play beer pong. I didn’t win but I got a free Pepsi.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 6:56:24 AM EDT
[#46]

Just what it seems.
View Quote

Imagine the possibilities, all the problems that could be solved swiftly by citizens that have tired of the BS.

I've got no ill will towards some agencies (the local SO is outstanding with regards to the 2A and taking care of business) but damn sure won't go out if my way to support any branch of any governmental agency without knowing exactly who it is i'm supporting.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 6:57:05 AM EDT
[#47]

Great.  Now what should happen to t this officer in your opinion?
View All Quotes

Great.  Now what should happen to t this officer in your opinion?

Is it specifically against department policy and training to “own a persons home” for a while?   I doubt it.  

30 minutes of new training and officer is good to go.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 6:59:33 AM EDT
[#48]

Lawsuit and federal criminal action under 1983.  DOJ will have a piece of his ass.
View Quote

1983 would be a self driven civil suit and good luck with that without some kind of civil rights group/ interested lobby (religious, gun, abortion, etc.) footing the bill since going to spend years just fighting qualified immunity defenses most likely.

Federal criminal charges would be under Title 18, U.S.C., Section 242 - Deprivation of Rights Under Color of Law  or similar and pretty much guaranteed not to happen with the current DOJ.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 6:59:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Paul] [#49]
What a fucking stupid officer.

How in God's name did that silly goose make it through the first day of cop school?

The tax payers are going to get raped.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:02:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: VidaEterna] [#50]
Originally Posted By Bigger_Hammer:

I've always believed that if Bad Cops had to pay the settlement themselves or it comes from their department pension fund, they'd very soon learn that crime should not pay.

Taking settlements & judgements from the Department's Pension pool ....  and soon Officers & Deputies would be motivated to sort out their own "bad apples" much sooner.

Bigger_Hammer
View Quote

It’s called a Biven’s action, and It would def. be a part of my lawsuit in this case, in federal court.

Disregard, Biven’s action appears to pertain to fed LEO.
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top