Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 11
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:02:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By crashburnrepeat:
It's wild that I went from extremely pro to anti law enforcement in like 4 years.

Not I hate them, I just think we'd be better off without them.

They seem to target the compliant/law abiding, protect the criminals, and ignore criminals mostly

Just what it seems.
View Quote

As if I wrote that myself.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:15:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep raising my daughter to not talk to or trust the police.

Wife’s already pissed that I’m teaching her “in what sound does this animal make” pig = get on the ground or hands up or I will shoot!
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:19:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Is he working for another department yet?
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:21:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By SamuelAdams1776:
Is he working for another department yet?
View Quote

Of course not.

He hasn’t even started the “six months of paid leave” stage yet.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:23:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By MattyMattel:
Damn the ACAB list is just getting bigger.
View Quote

IDK about him as a cop but him as a criminal unlawfully entering a residence is 100% a bastard. So maybe All Criminals Are Bastards?
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:29:02 AM EDT
[#6]
I recall Negan saying something very similar.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:47:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By DaveM4K:

Parents teach your kids to not open the door for police.
View Quote

This

If you have young kids or grandchildren tell them they're like Vampires.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:58:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Might makes right seems to be his mantra.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 8:00:16 AM EDT
[#9]
“The threshold is the threshold”

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 8:08:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9divdoc] [#10]

How many murdering drug dealing rapists home invading illegal aliens released by ICE/BP still plying their trades in CONUS?

A fish rots from the head down.

We have turned into Mexico-Zimbabwe

We will soon turn into China
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 8:13:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 8:14:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ClayHollisterTT] [#12]
Originally Posted By 9divdoc:

How many murdering drug dealing rapists home invading illegal aliens released by ICE/BP still plying their trades in CONUS?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 9divdoc:

Trustworthy

ETA, soon China’s totalitarianism will seem more appealing than the lawlessness throughout our entire system. One must wonder if that is part of a larger plan.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 8:16:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:

But he had a call.  Everyone knows that’s a fourth amendment exception.
View Quote

Oh yes! The call!
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 8:16:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Making cops look good again.

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 8:19:06 AM EDT
[#15]
*Sigh*
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 8:20:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By delemorte:
Making cops look good again.

View Quote

In six months they will determine the officer needs some additional training during overtime.  If we have more accountability for their criminal behavior then nobody will be a cop.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 8:29:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By cubsfanbudman:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cubsfanbudman:
Originally Posted By crashburnrepeat:
It's wild that I went from extremely pro to anti law enforcement in like 4 years.

Not I hate them, I just think we'd be better off without them.

They seem to target the compliant/law abiding, protect the criminals, and ignore criminals mostly

Just what it seems.

Same.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 8:35:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Then take out the trash dickhead!
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 8:37:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By tc556guy:

The workload in law enforcement doesn't work that way. Responding to the MVA or crime in progress isn't something that can be pushed back to another day because you ran out of paid hours today
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tc556guy:
Originally Posted By 50cal:

Have the settlement funds come from the next fiscal years budget.
"Sorry guys, Officer Dumbass, through his stupidity cost the department $5.5 million because he was stupid. No OT, work week is cut back to 30 hrs per week for the foreseeable future"

The workload in law enforcement doesn't work that way. Responding to the MVA or crime in progress isn't something that can be pushed back to another day because you ran out of paid hours today

How about, ‘Sorry, no raises this year.  Your dental plan copay is now 90% and we won’t be getting any new vehicles’.

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 8:40:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Cop is a cock sucker for intimidating a woman and child.

It's also amazing he has the most punchable face I have ever seen.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 8:43:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Marksman14] [#21]

I do appreciate your input on this thread, but why is getting sued the accepted standard for punishing bad cops like this?  His actions were criminal and should be treated as such,
View Quote

Because most people who have this happen to them would rather get a check than pursue a criminal charge that won't benefit them in any way.  This dude deserves both the suit and the charge.

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 8:46:26 AM EDT
[#22]
I was at a friend's house one night with a few others, cop walks in front door. Home owner talked with him for about 2 minutes, cop was being penis. So home owner, just up and says to yhe cop "stay or go buy I'm done" he sits back down and we all ignore the cop. The cop just stands there for about 10 minutes with a pleading look on his face and then just up and leaves. Everyone there was AF and 2 of us were reserve deputies, we never did find out what the actual complaint was about. Sometimes just ignore them and they'll go away.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 8:46:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bollocks44] [#23]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 8:47:40 AM EDT
[#24]
Makes you wonder how a cop like that handles a real problem.....
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 8:51:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: LawyerUp] [#25]

@LawyerUp

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By lowcountrydirtrider:
There are numerous exceptions to the warrant requirement, and in California they have the community caretaking function. I can see this go either way.

@LawyerUp

Geez, California has that? The Supreme Court should look into it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 8:59:51 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Krombompulos_Michael:

That’s because you were 100% correct.  A resisting arrest charge cannot stand on its own.  There has to be a predicate offense.  Resisting arrest, aka “contempt of cop”, is way overused and dismissed frequently.
View Quote

interdasting. cops here have told me i’m wrong when i said resisting isn’t a charge when nothing happened before.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:09:03 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Herewego:
Get a storm door and keep it locked.  Then speak to the officer through that door.  

Once you open the door and they cross the barrier, they will charge you with battery on a police officer if you try and bar their entry.

The officer was a dick, and deserves to be fired, but he will prevail in court.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:10:55 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By mooreshawnm:

View All Quotes
Get a storm door and keep it locked.  Then speak to the officer through that door.  

Once you open the door and they cross the barrier, they will charge you with battery on a police officer if you try and bar their entry.

Which part do you find funny?
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:13:41 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:
There are many instances you can enter a home without a warrant and uninvited.

I don’t think a loud music complaint is one of those unless extenuating circumstances exist.
View Quote

Extenuating circumstances. The home is the most protected place there is. Short of extenuating circumstances, you cannot enter home. The whole fourth amendment and all. Don’t try to make excuses for this guy or play down his clear violation of the fourth amendment
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:15:04 AM EDT
[#30]

View All Quotes

The prevail in court part of course.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:15:47 AM EDT
[#31]
It appears the cop is declaring home inv see a lawsuit coming and she is gonna win big. No protected immunity here.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:17:27 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By CouchCommando22:

Extenuating circumstances. The home is the most protected place there is. Short of extenuating circumstances, you cannot enter home. The whole fourth amendment and all. Don’t try to make excuses for this guy or play down his clear violation of the fourth amendment
View All Quotes

I don’t think a loud music complaint is one of those unless extenuating circumstances exist.

Consent: He obviously didn’t have that.
Warrant: Not a chance he had one,
Exigent circumstances: Even the normal amount of creative writing couldn’t come up with this.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:17:50 AM EDT
[#33]

View All Quotes

"Exigent" circumstances.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:22:52 AM EDT
[#34]
Was one of the minors wearing a "I 'heart' Sluts" t-shirt?
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:26:29 AM EDT
[#35]
Cops continue to be their own worst enemy. Woman is gonna get a nice payout for this though.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:27:41 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Marksman14:

Because most people who have this happen to them would rather get a check than pursue a criminal charge that won't benefit them in any way.  This dude deserves both the suit and the charge.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Marksman14:

I do appreciate your input on this thread, but why is getting sued the accepted standard for punishing bad cops like this?  His actions were criminal and should be treated as such,

Well, the people victimized by a cop would be relying on certain few government agents to pursue a criminal case.  And trusting that they do it with integrity.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:28:59 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By TLD05:
This thread is going away with no warrant.
View Quote

Yup.  At a minimum, we’ll probably see a couple of timeouts.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:29:26 AM EDT
[#38]
Ya know, every time I see incidents like this where the cop is clearly in the wrong and fucks up so bad to the point of a lawsuit, I think about what the right way it should be handled.

If I were that woman, I would sue in civil court and instead of a payout, I would settle for this:

Spare the tax payers the bill to compensate me.

I would settle only for that cop to not only be fired, but also demand his pension/benefits be rescinded.

Fuck the money, I want his retirement and his whatever benefits he spent his career working for to be stripped away completely.

Making your neighbors pay for his fuck up is not going to make a difference in sending bad cops a real message.

They need to start wondering if going to far will cost them more PERSONALLY than just getting fired and making the people foot the bill.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:35:26 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By BabyGlock_27:
Ya know, every time I see incidents like this where the cop is clearly in the wrong and fucks up so bad to the point of a lawsuit, I think about what the right way it should be handled.

If I were that woman, I would sue in civil court and instead of a payout, I would settle for this:

I would settle only for that cop to not only be fired, but also demand his pension/benefits be rescinded.

Fuck the money, I want his retirement and his whatever benefits he spent his career working for to be stripped away completely.

Making your neighbors pay for his fuck up is not going to make a difference in sending bad cops a real message.

They need to start wondering if going to far will cost them more PERSONALLY than just getting fired and making the people foot the bill.
View Quote

Best you could get is a settlement with no admission of wrongdoing.  You’d need “fuck you” money to get what you want.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:36:02 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By MSGTUSAF:
I was at a friend's house one night with a few others, cop walks in front door. Home owner talked with him for about 2 minutes, cop was being penis. So home owner, just up and says to yhe cop "stay or go buy I'm done" he sits back down and we all ignore the cop. The cop just stands there for about 10 minutes with a pleading look on his face and then just up and leaves. Everyone there was AF and 2 of us were reserve deputies, we never did find out what the actual complaint was about. Sometimes just ignore them and they'll go away.
View Quote

Just don't answer the door while holding a gun at your side.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:36:44 AM EDT
[#41]
A Puerto Rican woman would have handed him a stack of unpaid bills.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:39:18 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By BabyGlock_27:

View Quote

That's not a remedy you can get via a civil lawsuit. The taxpayers have created an environment where public employees generally cannot be fired at all, and are legally entitled to all sorts of benefits that are not capable of being taken. Not just cops. An entire free shit army of government employees at every level. In reality, it's next to impossible to even get money in a civil lawsuit, due to qualified immunity, and other reasons.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:39:47 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By dbrowne1:
I don’t understand why people open the door for strangers, let alone ones with badges. Just don’t let him in.

What is he going to do, kick your door in over a noise complaint? Let him try to explain that. If the cops are at your door for a reason that’s actually bad enough to justify forcing entry, then make them do it - you’re already fucked anyway well beyond the cost of repairing your door.
View Quote

At 0:50 in the video, it looks like he did force his way in when the minor opened the door and (according to the text on the video) attempted to immediately close it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:00:33 AM EDT
[#44]
I'm no kind of anti-cop person, but that particular cop needs to be defunded.
Not all cops, but that one definitely needs it.

He needs to find another line of work, and not bounce around departments like you hear about now and again.

We need the police, doing their jobs correctly, to keep assorted assholes in check. We don't need cops to become one of them.

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:06:51 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By LawyerUp:

That's not a remedy you can get via a civil lawsuit. The taxpayers have created an environment where public employees generally cannot be fired at all, and are legally entitled to all sorts of benefits that are not capable of being taken. Not just cops. An entire free shit army of government employees at every level. In reality, it's next to impossible to even get money in a civil lawsuit, due to qualified immunity, and other reasons.
View Quote

This is unfortunately very correct.

Firing a government employee outright even with substantial cause takes many years, and the effort succeeds less than half the time.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:10:13 AM EDT
[#46]
Don't ever answer the front door unless you know its a delivery or a friend.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:10:21 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By DaveM4K:

Parents teach your kids to not open the door for police.
View Quote

We dont open doors unless someone is expected.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:14:02 AM EDT
[#48]
Settlements need to be taken out of union dues and pension funds. It wouldn't be long before the union weeded out the bad apples, or buried them in the desert out past Terlinguia.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:14:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: scotchymcdrinkerbean] [#49]
Looks like an aggravated burglary under LA law to me.

ETA:  To clarify, I can understand him opening the door and looking inside after the door was opened by a minor then shut (not that I would on a noise call,) but there was no reason for entry I could see, and absolutely zero reason to not be apologetic and respectful towards the adult who came to the door.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:19:41 AM EDT
[#50]
The officer was working well within the current cultural norms of the profession.

Just following training like he has for years.
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top