User Panel

Page / 11
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:19:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Extorris:

Sternly worded letter in his file?
View Quote

Careful now. That is deeply held belief here on Arf. You see another cop misbehaving? All you should do is call their supervisor so that a letter can get put in their record...

Or at least that's what many said the guy in Florida should have done when the other cop ran from him in a cruiser...
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:23:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By BabyGlock_27:
Ya know, every time I see incidents like this where the cop is clearly in the wrong and fucks up so bad to the point of a lawsuit, I think about what the right way it should be handled.

If I were that woman, I would sue in civil court and instead of a payout, I would settle for this:

Spare the tax payers the bill to compensate me.

I would settle only for that cop to not only be fired, but also demand his pension/benefits be rescinded.

Fuck the money, I want his retirement and his whatever benefits he spent his career working for to be stripped away completely.

Making your neighbors pay for his fuck up is not going to make a difference in sending bad cops a real message.

They need to start wondering if going to far will cost them more PERSONALLY than just getting fired and making the people foot the bill.
View Quote

The cop needs fired, and benefits and retirement taken away for sure. But, maybe if the taxpayers are forced to pay out enough money they will start demanding that cops be held to a Constitutional standard and this kind of stuff will happen far less often. There is no way it will ever totally go away, but maybe it become less common.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:24:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By ClayHollisterTT:

Trustworthy

ETA, soon China’s totalitarianism will seem more appealing than the lawlessness throughout our entire system. One must wonder if that is part of a larger plan.
View Quote

Cloward–Piven in action.  AKA fuck it up so bad that people will gladly accept what rational people would reject.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:28:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By LawyerUp:

That's not a remedy you can get via a civil lawsuit. The taxpayers have created an environment where public employees generally cannot be fired at all, and are legally entitled to all sorts of benefits that are not capable of being taken. Not just cops. An entire free shit army of government employees at every level. In reality, it's next to impossible to even get money in a civil lawsuit, due to qualified immunity, and other reasons.
View Quote

You should be a lawmaker, you understand the problem.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:28:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:

They’ll threaten you with misusing 911 then.

Best to treat them with the same advice that police give about rapists: Don’t resist and let the police investigate it take it violently in the ass.
View Quote

Fixed
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:30:12 AM EDT
[#6]
This cop is apparently bored with the 4th Amendment and is going after the 3rd.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:31:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By wesr228:
Still waiting for the cops to do the right thing and fire his ass. They say the only thing the cops hate worse than criminals, is a bad cop.

But ya know what, turns out that's horse shit and the thin blue line is more important than civil rights and integrity, every time.
View Quote
It can be really hard to fire a cop due to civil service rules depending on the state, county, municipality. I once prosecuted a cop for her third DUI, and she was IN HER PATROL CAR. She had been previously fired for the last on-duty DUI, but she got her job restored through civil service rules and an appeal. No one. I mean NO ONE in the agency wanted her there.

Her third DUI eventually went over my head to higher ups. I wanted a year in jail for her. She ended up getting the more typical 30 days jail sentence with a resignation.

I participated in a few other internal affairs cases where officers were forced to resign (and were still prosecuted). Come to think of it, if anything, we gave cops harsher sentences than the rest of the public pretty much every time. Funny thing was their arrests made the news, but their sentences and ended careers never did...
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:37:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By scotchymcdrinkerbean:
Looks like an aggravated burglary under LA law to me.

ETA:  To clarify, I can understand him opening the door and looking inside after the door was opened by a minor then shut (not that I would on a noise call,) but there was no reason for entry I could see, and absolutely zero reason to not be apologetic and respectful towards the adult who came to the door.
View Quote

I can understand wanting to, but what would be the exigency that would legitimize entering the home even if to briefly look inside!
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:40:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Pallas] [#9]
He'll get a letter in his file and go sit at the court house for a few months, she won't get anything or anything substantial.

"Sir, I revoke your license to be on my property, please leave." Or something to that effect, I forget the court ruling. You can legally tell LE to get the fuck off your property, unless something bad is going on.

You never, ever open the door for LE and stand there and talk to them, you walk out and close the door behind you. Kids should not open the door, ever, get a parent.

It looked like she had a nice rack.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:47:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Pallas:
He'll get a letter in his file and go sit at the court house for a few months, she won't get anything or anything substantial.

"Sir, I revoke your license to be on my property, please leave." Or something to that effect, I forget the court ruling. You can legally tell LE to get the fuck off your property, unless something bad is going on.

You never, ever open the door for LE and stand there and talk to them, you walk out and close the door behind you. Kids should not open the door, ever, get a parent.

It looked like she had a nice rack.
View Quote

Even going outside removes constitutional protections.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:52:24 AM EDT
[#11]
LE investigating their own wrongdoing is akin to taco bell sanitation being scrutinized/penalized by only their own corporate paid team of health inspectors.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 11:08:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bollocks44] [#12]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 11:10:16 AM EDT
[#13]

I can understand wanting to, but what would be the exigency that would legitimize entering the home even if to briefly look inside!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By scotchymcdrinkerbean:
Looks like an aggravated burglary under LA law to me.

ETA:  To clarify, I can understand him opening the door and looking inside after the door was opened by a minor then shut (not that I would on a noise call,) but there was no reason for entry I could see, and absolutely zero reason to not be apologetic and respectful towards the adult who came to the door.

Not saying I would, just that I could forgive it from a legal standpoint if he said "I knocked, a minor opened the door then seemed frightened and shut it again, so I tried the door, it was unlocked, so I opened it for a quick visual scan to see if something appeared amiss."  As I said, especially being a loud noise complaint, I would have assumed said minor was going to fetch an adult and just waited.  (Who am I kidding, I worked in New Orleans; if no noise on a noise complaint, [super likely given that the response would be hours or the next day due to call volume,] I wouldn't have knocked on anyone's door in the 1st place and just marked it up and moved on to the next call.)  
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 11:17:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By StanGram:
I hope you are trolling, otherwise this is the stupidest comment I have read all week.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By StanGram:
Originally Posted By lowcountrydirtrider:

Yes, am aware, but every case is unique.
Was the child at the door in distress, prompting officer to enter to investigate?
I hope you are trolling, otherwise this is the stupidest comment I have read all week.

interestingly, both are true here
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 11:18:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By 103:
It can be really hard to fire a cop due to civil service rules depending on the state, county, municipality. I once prosecuted a cop for her third DUI, and she was IN HER PATROL CAR. She had been previously fired for the last on-duty DUI, but she got her job restored through civil service rules and an appeal. No one. I mean NO ONE in the agency wanted her there.

Her third DUI eventually went over my head to higher ups. I wanted a year in jail for her. She ended up getting the more typical 30 days jail sentence with a resignation.

I participated in a few other internal affairs cases where officers were forced to resign (and were still prosecuted). Come to think of it, if anything, we gave cops harsher sentences than the rest of the public pretty much every time. Funny thing was their arrests made the news, but their sentences and ended careers never did...
View Quote

Yep.   This one is still employed despite being charged for beating someone on the job, then falsifying report to over charge him.  

https://www.krem.com/article/news/crime/assault-charge-against-sergeant-marks-historic-first-in-spokane-county-sheriffs-office/293-2a4341c4-1737-49e4-99d4-01ad96b7fed4
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 11:20:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By stevelish:
This cop is apparently bored with the 4th Amendment and is going after the 3rd.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 11:21:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Those cops minds have become parasitic too, just like the crazy "I can't breathe", "do not touch me" folks..
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 11:25:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By swampfoxoutdoors:

Let’s see how many officers line up to throw him under the bus, file charges, arrest him and send him off to prison.

Let me guess 0.

Back the blue is gone. And qualified immunity needs to be done away with so fast it’s ridiculous.
View Quote

true dat.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 11:41:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By MattyMattel:
Damn the ACAB list is just getting bigger.
View Quote

“It’s irresponsible to post videos like these incidents that are intentionally taken out of context to put LEO’s in a bad light.  It only creates division and makes the good cops job even harder and more dangerous.”

Or something similar that I’ve read in GD.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 11:45:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Ridgeline001:

Lol. Back when I was younger, then I would reply to this kind of BS with a middle finger and laugh. Or a " Bitch please" to your face knowing that you would not do shit on your own to a man standing up for himself, family, or home. Now. I honestly just laugh in my own home knowing that there with always be cunts that feel they need to run their dick licker in life because they were mouthy lil fuks and got their head shoved into a toilet bowl in HS and deserved it. Sometimes GD is worth the entertainment.
View Quote

A little work and this has the potential to be the worlds greatest copy pasta.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 11:47:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By bdy83:

Yep.   This one is still employed despite being charged for beating someone on the job, then falsifying report to over charge him.  

https://www.krem.com/article/news/crime/assault-charge-against-sergeant-marks-historic-first-in-spokane-county-sheriffs-office/293-2a4341c4-1737-49e4-99d4-01ad96b7fed4
View Quote

Stay classy Spokane
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 11:56:52 AM EDT
[#22]

Great.  Now what should happen to t this officer in your opinion?
View Quote

I don't think he's implying that the officer was in the right just making a statement.

I think dude should be fired.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 11:57:35 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By merick:
Parlaying a noise complaint into a 3rd amendment violation, I'd give him points for creativity.
View Quote

I'd like to see a modern day quartering challenge.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 11:58:19 AM EDT
[#24]
Oh, it's YOUR home?  Go start vacuuming, clean the bathrooms, take out the trash, do the dishes and mow the lawn bitch.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 12:02:12 PM EDT
[#25]
It's rather simple, those who are armed make the rules.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 12:06:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By wesr228:
Still waiting for the cops to do the right thing and fire his ass. They say the only thing the cops hate worse than criminals, is a bad cop.

But ya know what, turns out that’s horse shit and the thin blue line is more important than civil rights and integrity, every time.
View Quote

American decay will only see more tribal activities...Cops aren't immune to human nature.
Of few more ticks down on the ecconomy and its going to be third world law enforcement out there.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 12:06:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Paul:
It's right there in the Constitution for Pete's sake!

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized, except if someone complains about loud music.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Paul:
Originally Posted By Nightstalker32:Loud music is the exception? Lol wtf. And he " owns their house"?  He can get fked
It's right there in the Constitution for Pete's sake!

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized, except if someone complains about loud music.

Abraham Lincoln always said, "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet. Except conspiracy theories. That shit'll kill you."
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 12:07:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By crashburnrepeat:
It's wild that I went from extremely pro to anti law enforcement in like 4 years.

Not I hate them, I just think we'd be better off without them.

They seem to target the compliant/law abiding, protect the criminals, and ignore criminals mostly

Just what it seems.
View Quote

Anarcho tyranny
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 12:11:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By StillGonnaSendIt:

I don't think he's implying that the officer was in the right just making a statement.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By StillGonnaSendIt:

Great.  Now what should happen to t this officer in your opinion?

I get that.

I’m just curious on his opinion of how the officer should be punished for his illegal and unconstitutional actions.

A day off and retraining on overtime?
Fired?
Criminally charged?
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 12:14:32 PM EDT
[#30]
If there were extenuating circumstances they were completely absent in that video. Nor did it appear he would have been addressing them in a safe manner.

I am willing to bet that guy just forced his way into that home without any warrant or any extenuating circumstances and refused to exit. After being told to do so several times by multiple occupants.

At this point it appears this little Fife is acting as if he is the law.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 12:14:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Your1Savior:

The moment he turns into an armed invader in someone's private home he ceases to be a cop and is a threat to that family's lives.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Your1Savior:
Originally Posted By Mikhail_86:
[Deleted]I deleted this. Don't make implied threats v police Aimless

The moment he turns into an armed invader in someone's private home he ceases to be a cop and is a threat to that family's lives.

Nope. You can't even expect a cop to stop a violent felony when the attacker is another cop. Expecting cops to stop a violent felony is a bannable offence here.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 12:17:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By tc556guy:

The workload in law enforcement doesn't work that way. Responding to the MVA or crime in progress isn't something that can be pushed back to another day because you ran out of paid hours today
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tc556guy:
Originally Posted By 50cal:

Have the settlement funds come from the next fiscal years budget.
"Sorry guys, Officer Dumbass, through his stupidity cost the department $5.5 million because he was stupid. No OT, work week is cut back to 30 hrs per week for the foreseeable future"

The workload in law enforcement doesn't work that way. Responding to the MVA or crime in progress isn't something that can be pushed back to another day because you ran out of paid hours today

Incorrect.  You have stated yourself on multiple occasions that the police can be ordered to not enforce the law or answer calls.  Nothing they can do about it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 12:21:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Koa] [#33]
This shit is all so tiresome. Conversing with the officer in an adult mature manner solves all of this unnecessary drama.
ETA: I hope she gets paid.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 12:22:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Koa:
This shit is all so tiresome. Conversing with the officer in an adult mature manner solves all of this unnecessary drama.
View Quote

She said she was willing to talk to the officer outside and he insisted on remaining inside the house with no lawful authority.

She was nicer than needed to an armed home invader.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 12:23:53 PM EDT
[#35]
View Quote

And when the officer fails to leave your home because "it's his home now"?  I'd be pissed too
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 12:25:43 PM EDT
[#36]

And when the officer fails to leave your home because "it's his home now"?  I'd be pissed too
View Quote

That line was idiotic. Why would he say that!
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 12:27:24 PM EDT
[#37]

View All Quotes

Why would he not?  What repercussions is he likely to face?
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 12:32:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lil_Sig] [#38]

View All Quotes

Because training is that. ""If"" a crime had been committed that gave him the authority to enter the home without a warrant. He is trained to take control of the scene.

He is clearly abusing his position and acting beyond the bounds of the law.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 12:33:07 PM EDT
[#39]

View All Quotes

This right here. He says it’s his home, I’ll answer with “get the fuck out of my house right now, motherfucker”.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 12:34:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Why couldn’t this tiny peckered little wannabe Hitler have just said “we got a call about too much noise. Can you keep it down?”

This guy is mentally unstable. Everything that occurred in that video comes down to him escalating the situation. His refusal to leave the house was escalation. His inflammatory statements, such as “I own your house” was escalation too. When she stupidly suggested that her dog would bite him, he told her to have the dog bite him. More escalation. What do you guys think he would’ve done if the dog came at him? He probably would’ve drawn his weapon and killed the dog right in front of the family. This fucking cocksucker needs to have his career ended immediately, before he murders someone. And anyone who defends his behavior is probably just as much of a fucking psycho as he is.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 12:35:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By lil_Sig:

Because training is that. ""If"" a crime had been committed that gave him the authority to enter the home without a warrant. He is trained to take control of the scene.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By lil_Sig:

And the taxpayers will suffer for it.

But what repercussions is he likely to face?

The government has built a system with no effective negative feedback loop so we shouldn’t be surprised when it goes awry.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 12:36:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By TheRealBluedog:
Why couldn’t this tiny peckered little wannabe Hitler have just said “we got a call about too much noise. Can you keep it down?”

This guy is mentally unstable. Everything that occurred in that video comes down to him escalating the situation. His refusal to leave the house was escalation. His inflammatory statements, such as “I own your house” was escalation too. When she stupidly suggested that her dog would bite him, he told her to have the dog bite him. More escalation. What do you guys think he would’ve done if the dog came at him? He probably would’ve drawn his weapon and killed the dog right in front of the family. This fucking cocksucker needs to have his career ended immediately, before he murders someone. And anyone who defends his behavior is probably just as much of a fucking psycho as he is.
View Quote

Keep what down?  The Ring audio didn’t capture excessive noise.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 12:37:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By DaveM4K:

Parents teach your kids to not open the door for police.
View Quote

Also to lock the screen once everyone is in for the night.

I hope the judge gives the cop an extensive ass chewing, focused on how wrong his thinking is. Let that shit become public record.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 12:37:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:
There are many instances you can enter a home without a warrant and uninvited.

I don’t think a loud music complaint is one of those unless extenuating circumstances exist.
View Quote

What are they going to hide? The noise?
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 12:38:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By JellyBelly:

Also to lock the screen once everyone is in for the night.

I hope the judge gives the cop an extensive ass chewing, focused on how wrong his thinking is. Let that shit become public record.
View Quote

Oh no, not an ass chewing,
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 12:38:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Armed intruder.

AZ allows the defense of yourself against unlawlful law enforcement action iirc.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 12:39:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By MattyMattel:
Damn the ACAB list is just getting bigger.
View Quote

About as big as the "defend all cops" regardless list... maybe the cops should police themselves and things like this wouldn't happen?
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 12:40:47 PM EDT
[#48]
This is how you respond to LEs at your door!  (warning: definitely not safe for work if your audio is on)

Angry woman yells and cusses out cops over Ring camera
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 12:46:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By shaggy:

Lol

Caniglia v Strom
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By shaggy:
Originally Posted By lowcountrydirtrider:
There are numerous exceptions to the warrant requirement, and in California they have the community caretaking function. I can see this go either way.

Lol

Caniglia v Strom

Well at least provide some explanation.

The “community caretaking” exception to the Fourth Amendment’s warrant requirement, described in Cady v. Dombrowski, 413 U.S. 433 (1973), does not extend to the home. Justice Clarence Thomas authored the unanimous opinion, holding that police officers’ seizure of the petitioner’s guns from his home violated his Fourth Amendment right against warrantless searches and seizures.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 12:49:35 PM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes

Because it’s inflammatory.
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top