Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 11
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 12:52:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Coffin-Nail] [#1]
Until they face accountability that doesn't emanate from a courtroom society's faith in law enforcement will continue to decline. With a severe lack in judgment this obvious, leadership in the department should immediately suspend this guy, then put him before a review board that refers any negative findings to a POST complaint meant to remove people not cut out to be an officer from the ability to ever be one in the future. Beyond removing QI that's the only thing that might restore some of the lost confidence. I know it's wishful thinking, this broken system of letting shitbag officers move from department to department will continue.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 12:57:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bdy83:

Yep.   This one is still employed despite being charged for beating someone on the job, then falsifying report to over charge him.  

https://www.krem.com/article/news/crime/assault-charge-against-sergeant-marks-historic-first-in-spokane-county-sheriffs-office/293-2a4341c4-1737-49e4-99d4-01ad96b7fed4
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 103:
It can be really hard to fire a cop due to civil service rules depending on the state, county, municipality. I once prosecuted a cop for her third DUI, and she was IN HER PATROL CAR. She had been previously fired for the last on-duty DUI, but she got her job restored through civil service rules and an appeal. No one. I mean NO ONE in the agency wanted her there.

Her third DUI eventually went over my head to higher ups. I wanted a year in jail for her. She ended up getting the more typical 30 days jail sentence with a resignation.

I participated in a few other internal affairs cases where officers were forced to resign (and were still prosecuted). Come to think of it, if anything, we gave cops harsher sentences than the rest of the public pretty much every time. Funny thing was their arrests made the news, but their sentences and ended careers never did...

Yep.   This one is still employed despite being charged for beating someone on the job, then falsifying report to over charge him.  

https://www.krem.com/article/news/crime/assault-charge-against-sergeant-marks-historic-first-in-spokane-county-sheriffs-office/293-2a4341c4-1737-49e4-99d4-01ad96b7fed4

Hinton was finally fired on September 3.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 12:58:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Cultural decay.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 12:59:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By BlackFox:
This is how you respond to LEs at your door!  (warning: definitely not safe for work if your audio is on)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s73lmudpLyg
View Quote

Best thing I've seen all day! A tyrant's worst nightmare is a citizen who knows their rights
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 12:59:52 PM EDT
[#5]
"They opened the door and then ran from me..."

Predators chase prey.

LE should not be PREDATORS.

Give him a job more suited to his temperament... filling tampon dispensers in men's locker rooms.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 12:59:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By StanGram:
I hope you are trolling, otherwise this is the stupidest comment I have read all week.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By StanGram:
Originally Posted By lowcountrydirtrider:

Yes, am aware, but every case is unique.
Was the child at the door in distress, prompting officer to enter to investigate?
I hope you are trolling, otherwise this is the stupidest comment I have read all week.

I see you are new here.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 1:00:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By brownbomber:
Cultural decay.
View Quote

We are overdue to hear that this is the public’s fault.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 1:01:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Plank_Spanker:

I see you are new here.
View Quote

Also, please don’t get this locked for calling people trolls.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 1:04:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Elvis121:
"Hello, 911?  There's an armed home invader in my living room who won't leave, I'm in fear for my life."
View Quote

Truly, call 911.

Anyone can dress up in the manner such as that guy.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 1:10:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By fxntime:
This is actually a pretty good case for the cop to get QI denied. He absolutely 100% violated her Constitutional right on purpose and actually defended his authority to do so when called on it.
View Quote

It also seems like a good cause for SCOTUS to rethink QI entirely, especially the cutoff point in the 80s.

Video changed everything.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 1:19:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Are these the same police that do not owe you individual protection under the law?
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 1:23:06 PM EDT
[#12]
I once had a false alarm that a cop showed up for. He ran my ID on the front porch which matches the address and called in to check for warrants. He refused to leave even though I told him what happened and everything was fine. He would not go until I let him come inside and shout that he was police and for any hiding intruders to show themselves. A real asshole.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 1:24:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By QwikKotaTx:
I once had a false alarm that a cop showed up for. He ran my ID on the front porch which matches the address and called in to check for warrants. He refused to leave even though I told him what happened and everything was fine. He would not go until I let him come inside and shout that he was police and for any hiding intruders to show themselves. A real asshole.
View Quote

He could stand on the porch all night if that’s what he wanted to do.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 1:30:40 PM EDT
[#14]

Cop is dick
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 1:32:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Koa:

That line was idiotic. Why would he say that!
View All Quotes

And when the officer fails to leave your home because "it's his home now"?  I'd be pissed too

That line was idiotic. Why would he say that!

Cause he's an idiot.

She should have grabbed her property tax statement and handed it to him, and sat down to watch TV and ignored him.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 1:32:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Chris_in_TX] [#16]
If this kind of thing ever happens to me, I'm going to demand the officer's badge and duty pistol as part of the settlement.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 1:33:07 PM EDT
[#17]
what a shock....ethnic with accent behaving ike a shithead totalitarian cocksucker from his own shithole...
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 1:36:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Sierradyne:

I thought vampires were supposed to ask permission to enter a home?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Sierradyne:
Originally Posted By StarJumper:
Cop is investigating a noise complaint. Cop rings the doorbell, kids answer door, they realize a cop is standing on the porch and so they run to get their mother.

Officer proceeds to open the door, invites himself in the house and refuses to leave when asked to leave.

Homeowner demands cop leaves, cop says he owns the house if he is standing inside and that he doesn't have to leave.

At what point is the cop an armed home invader? What could possibly justify this thinking?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfGooi1JJUg

I thought vampires were supposed to ask permission to enter a home?

You have to invite them in
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 1:37:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Why do people even have front doors?
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 1:40:12 PM EDT
[#20]
This is easy. If a cop comes to your door and knocks. Don’t answer it.
Even if they want to arrest you, you don’t have to answer. Just don’t answer the door people. Even if they know your inside.
Now if they have a warrant, their going to force their way in and their not going to sit there and knock. Their letting themselves in.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 1:49:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Mech2007:

See? Now I know that Extorris was a cop and roughly where.

I trust his perspective.
View Quote

Apparently the guy who caused his retirement got nothing, too.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 1:57:09 PM EDT
[#22]
This shit is all so tiresome. Conversing with the officer in an adult mature manner solves all of this unnecessary drama.
ETA: I hope she gets paid.
View Quote

Damn, someone tell the home owners that during armed burglaries they should just have an adult conversation with the intruders and it will solve everything!

Why haven't they been telling people about this?
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 2:00:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By BlackFox:
This is how you respond to LEs at your door!  (warning: definitely not safe for work if your audio is on)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s73lmudpLyg
View Quote

That's a thing of beauty right there!
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 2:01:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By merick:
Parlaying a noise complaint into a 3rd amendment violation, I'd give him points for creativity.
View Quote

Wait....

I thought cops were civilians. You are now saying he is a soldier?
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 2:02:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By lowcountrydirtrider:
There are numerous exceptions to the warrant requirement, and in California they have the community caretaking function. I can see this go either way.
View Quote

Nope. Noise wouldn't go that way alone. You would have to show abandonment or something else, which isn't the issue here.

Community caretaker is all over and not just a CA thing.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 2:06:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Coffin-Nail:
Until they face accountability that doesn't emanate from a courtroom society's faith in law enforcement will continue to decline. With a severe lack in judgment this obvious, leadership in the department should immediately suspend this guy, then put him before a review board that refers any negative findings to a POST complaint meant to remove people not cut out to be an officer from the ability to ever be one in the future. Beyond removing QI that's the only thing that might restore some of the lost confidence. I know it's wishful thinking, this broken system of letting shitbag officers move from department to department will continue.
View Quote

There is more accountability now than ever.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 2:07:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By UV18:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Coffin-Nail:

What punishment do you predict he’ll receive?
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 2:13:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Tactical_Jew:
Why do people even have front doors?
View Quote

I kinda don’t.  Back of the house faces the driveway and there’s a gate.  No doorbell.  So visitors get to yell from the gate and hope the dogs or I take notice.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 2:14:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: UV18] [#29]
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:

View Quote

It will depend on their matrix and the priors. I would love to see the bodycam and call details to get an accurate picture, but that is a serious escalation of stupidity over a call where nothing would be done anyways. I would get a max suspension and mandatory training absent additional factors in his history that would be a terminable offense.

And you have very solid case law about entering a residence for a crime and even the community caretaker option. Agency will get sued over it OR just settle and be done.

ETA- Ya, he needs to be canned for it. Listening to every part again surely justifies none of the actions.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 2:18:32 PM EDT
[#30]

It will depend on their matrix and the priors. I would love to see the bodycam and call details to get an accurate picture, but that is a serious escalation of stupidity over a call where nothing would be done anyways. I would get a max suspension and mandatory training absent additional factors in his history that would be a terminable offense.

And you have very solid case law about entering a residence for a crime and even the community caretaker option. Agency will get sued over it OR just settle and be done.

ETA- Ya, he needs to be canned for it. Listening to every part again surely justifies none of the actions.
View All Quotes

Accountability.  

That’s a pretty sweet deal for breaking into someone’s house and kidnapping them.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 2:21:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: StarJumper] [#31]

View Quote

This video is so bad, I mean it's all bad. There have been worse and nothing happened.

This tyrant was probably worse, he got fired but got rehired and is still a cop. He walked into their home, beat people for raising their voice to him and did everything possible to these poor people including breaking the homeowners hand, he didn't even get prosecuted.

West Virginia State Trooper Wiseman assaults home owner

I doubt anything happens to this guy...
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 2:23:51 PM EDT
[#32]
This video is so bad, I mean it's all bad.
This tyrant was probably worse, he got fired but got rehired and is still a cop.
I doubt anything happens to this guy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TR5cRjdTTr4
View All Quotes

What punishment do you predict he'll receive?
This video is so bad, I mean it's all bad.
This tyrant was probably worse, he got fired but got rehired and is still a cop.
I doubt anything happens to this guy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TR5cRjdTTr4
Have they figured out what caused his home to burn up yet?
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 2:31:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: StarJumper] [#33]
Originally Posted By parshooter:
Have they figured out what caused his home to burn up yet?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Couldn't have happened to a more a deserving person, he is an absolute scumbag...
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 3:04:19 PM EDT
[#34]

Accountability.  

That’s a pretty sweet deal for breaking into someone’s house and kidnapping them.
View Quote

Now go back in time. You would have seen nothing happen prior to the 90s. Something "maybe in the 90s". Likely in the 00s. Yes in the 10s. And more likely to be fired and charged in the last decade.

The good ol' days were full of little to no oversight. Training sucked. And violations were accepted as SOP.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 3:09:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Chris_in_TX:
If this kind of thing ever happens to me, I'm going to demand the officer's badge and duty pistol as part of the settlement.
View Quote

I would sue for $1 and his post certificate
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 3:13:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SmilingBandit] [#36]

Now go back in time. You would have seen nothing happen prior to the 90s. Something "maybe in the 90s". Likely in the 00s. Yes in the 10s. And more likely to be fired and charged in the last decade.

The good ol' days were full of little to no oversight. Training sucked. And violations were accepted as SOP.
View All Quotes

Accountability.  

I totally get that back before cameras cops could lie with impunity,  it’s just amusing that someone would think having to buy a new uniform shirt counts as accountability for illegal and unconstitutional actions.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 3:18:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: elmanotejas] [#37]
Hand him a dish rag and tell him to do the dishes then take out the fucking trash and the mortgage payment is due.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 3:41:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bollocks44] [#38]
Originally Posted By Ridgeline001:

View Quote

Careful painting with a broad brush. When I was in my mid twenties I knocked the complete dog shit out of an off duty cop. Marked him for life too.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 4:01:24 PM EDT
[#39]
If the cop owns my house, then he should pay the mortgage.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 4:02:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By LawyerUp:

That's not a remedy you can get via a civil lawsuit. The taxpayers have created an environment where public employees generally cannot be fired at all, and are legally entitled to all sorts of benefits that are not capable of being taken. Not just cops. An entire free shit army of government employees at every level. In reality, it's next to impossible to even get money in a civil lawsuit, due to qualified immunity, and other reasons.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By LawyerUp:
Originally Posted By BabyGlock_27:
Ya know, every time I see incidents like this where the cop is clearly in the wrong and fucks up so bad to the point of a lawsuit, I think about what the right way it should be handled.

If I were that woman, I would sue in civil court and instead of a payout, I would settle for this:

Spare the tax payers the bill to compensate me.

I would settle only for that cop to not only be fired, but also demand his pension/benefits be rescinded.

Fuck the money, I want his retirement and his whatever benefits he spent his career working for to be stripped away completely.

Making your neighbors pay for his fuck up is not going to make a difference in sending bad cops a real message.

They need to start wondering if going to far will cost them more PERSONALLY than just getting fired and making the people foot the bill.

That's not a remedy you can get via a civil lawsuit. The taxpayers have created an environment where public employees generally cannot be fired at all, and are legally entitled to all sorts of benefits that are not capable of being taken. Not just cops. An entire free shit army of government employees at every level. In reality, it's next to impossible to even get money in a civil lawsuit, due to qualified immunity, and other reasons.
My, cousin, a lawyer, was hired by the Seal Beach police union to represent them in contract negotiations.  He said incredulously "they OWN their jobs."  Back in the 80's I think.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 4:04:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NYresq1] [#41]
Woman is going to get paid.

Cop is going to be driving a desk for a while, while its being investigated.

Depending on size of department, he will either be transferred to another division/precinct after the public anger cools off, OR he will be allowed to retire/resign and seek employment elsewhere with a nice letter from his chief recommending him, and saying what a great guy he is.

He should, but wont be fired for this incident, unless he gets caught in a lie during the investigation. Which, if he is as stupid as he appears to be, he may be dumb enough to lie and forget.

The department will announce a "training initiative to educate their cops on new ways to engage the neighborhoods and people they serve to promote better understanding of problems and issues in their patrol areas...."

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 4:19:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By elmanotejas:
Hand him a dish rag and tell him to do the dishes then take out the fucking trash and the mortgage payment is due.
View Quote

He'd dump a magazine into you when you tried to hand it to him because "based on his experience and training he perceived a threat."
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 4:25:46 PM EDT
[#43]
If qualified cops cannot be hired,
then barely qualified cops will be hired.

If barely qualified cops cannot be hired,
then unqualified cops will be hired.

If Americans will not apply,
then foreigners will be hired.

And they will not come from countries where the rights of the people are respected.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 4:31:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By tc556guy:

The workload in law enforcement doesn't work that way. Responding to the MVA or crime in progress isn't something that can be pushed back to another day because you ran out of paid hours today
View Quote

But it will cut back on the amount of officers on the street.
"Everyone gets 30 hrs per week. No exceptions." "We're low on funds, have to cut back. No money for fuel. Walk."
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 4:43:39 PM EDT
[#45]

Oh no, not an ass chewing,
View Quote

“I’ve been chewed-out before.”
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 4:44:05 PM EDT
[#46]
As a law abiding citizen, I know I've done nothing wrong.  By that logic, I will automatically assume that any uninvited (warrantless) entry to my home is a simple mistake and the offender will be told to leave in very clear language.  Something like "I did not call/invite you inside.  You are trespassing, leave immediately".  There is no discussion, failure to comply immediately upgrades the offender to an armed intruder.  Thoughts and prayers will be sent up, but since no action will be taken while the armed intruder's empty hands are in front of their chest/body cam, the last image on the cam will be of me yelling "GUN!" before the armed intruder is dealt with.  

Again by that logic: In the unfortunate event of a "no knock", I'll have to assume they are home invaders and some-many won't leave.  Gangs have adopted the tactic of wearing tactical gear and yelling "POLICE!!", so no amount of identification will stop the incoming fire.

It would definitely cost me "the ride" (eventually, after I've consulted with my attorney which would happen before I even called to report the attack) and likely cost me a fair bit of money.  Both would be worth it and the mistake wouldn't happen again, one way or the other.

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 4:47:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Elvis121:
"Hello, 911?  There's an armed home invader in my living room who won't leave, I'm in fear for my life."
View Quote

Continuing, "He is impersonating a police officer."
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 4:49:23 PM EDT
[#48]
What a fuckin retard. Fuck that guy.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 4:50:29 PM EDT
[#49]

At what point is the cop an armed home invader?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfGooi1JJUg
View Quote

I'd rather make it a very large payday.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 4:50:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By QwikKotaTx:
View Quote

"Well officer I guess you're going to be here for a while." *slam*
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top