Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Windustsearch:
She had a LIDAR, but got hungry.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Windustsearch:
Originally Posted By lowcountry:
What that cop is holding in her fat paws is a radar gun and not a lidar sensor.
She had a LIDAR, but got hungry.

LMFAO, U guys kill me, Thanks for that.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:53:34 AM EDT
[#3]
As usual, the policing priorities are quite in order. Don’t worry about the violent crime, rapes, car jackings, etc that dc specializes in.
No, Jan in HR hit 17 in a 15 on her way home
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:54:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By tc556guy:
Does state law allow for posting and enforcement of speed limits on these bike trails? Most bikes don't come with speedometers in the modern world
View Quote

Too bad... stop resisting.. it's the law... ignorance of the law is no excuse..
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:54:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Coffin-Nail:
Next they'll start requiring cyclists to equip their bikes with speedometers to use the trail lol.
View Quote

and seat belts
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:55:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Arty8:

This.... thank God there's no more murders and shootings for police to investigate
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Arty8:
Originally Posted By jollyg83:
Just when you think it can’t get any gayer in DC.

This.... thank God there's no more murders and shootings for police to investigate

VIDEOS: The WNBA’s Worst Attacks and Assaults Against Caitlin Clark
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:57:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Paul:

With an annual $16 license and inspection fee.

That helps pay for the 14 full time employees who administer the program.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Paul:
Next they'll start requiring cyclists to equip their bikes with speedometers to use the trail lol.

With an annual $16 license and inspection fee.

That helps pay for the 14 full time employees who administer the program.

make a law to require self reporting bike software have the govt deduct the fine directly from your bank account
or bill your credit card/debit card...
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:58:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Sorry_Your_Girl_Lost:
This is the brainchild of some dumbass white shirt or government official both of whom probably have no real credentials to be making this type of policy. Not the beat cops fault.  I guarantee they feel super stupid doing this.
View Quote

From my experience, shit like this stems from one Karen calling and emailing city council 20x per day.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:58:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By BoneB1B:
These threads are great opportunities for the Arfcom fatsos to lash out against the non-fatsos.

I used to wonder if I’d get pulled over in Scottsville , NY for exceeding the 25 mph speed limit in town.
View Quote

Always is.... That and those who are constantly behind and late due to poor organizational skills.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:59:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By stk016:
As usual, the policing priorities are quite in order. Don’t worry about the violent crime, rapes, car jackings, etc that dc specializes in.
No, Jan in HR hit 17 in a 15 on her way home
View Quote

Spandex warriors are overwhelmingly affluent white people. They aren’t going to shoot back, and no cop will get Derek Chauvin’ed if he has to Taser one that gets uppity.

Molon Pension.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 8:01:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 8:02:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By dangerranger61007:

From my experience, shit like this stems from one Karen calling and emailing city council 20x per day.
View Quote

“We got complaints from residents.”

No you didn’t. One busy body Karen complained on twitterface, and it wouldn’t matter if 10x as many people complained about the police being overzealous about the same thing - you’d keep doing it and gaslighting everyone anyway.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 8:02:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AmericanPeople] [#13]
It may be that bike riders are a safety hazard among pedestrians.   Bike riders are responsible for slowing down, stopping, waiting, etc to avoid being a hazard to pedestrians and dogs.  

When you consider that a couple and a dog going one way need room for the same going the other direction, unless the path is ~20 yards wide, there may not be room for bikes.

Fix that issue.

Maybe you have set times for bikes and set times for pedestrians.  Perhaps you alternate days for a given block of time.  Even days have bikes from 6:00 AM to 9:00 AM, noon to 3:00 PM and 6:00 - 900 PM.  Pedestrians have the other time blocks.

Odd days the times are switched.  These times are just notional.  Get groups together to come up with a schedule.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 8:02:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 8:04:52 AM EDT
[#15]
There is a canyon that I routinely ascend and descend locally that often times has a cop posted up running radar. He is presumably there to keep the motorcyclist in check as it's a popular place with the sport bike crowd in addition to the tons of cyclist. I always go as fast as possible on the down (over 40mph) in the hopes that I'll get pulled over. I genuinely have no idea what the actual speed limit is so my efforts may be in vain.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 8:05:33 AM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

Requiring speedometers on bicycles is racist.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 8:08:12 AM EDT
[#17]
View Quote
Fortunately every bike comes with a self-mounting air-bag on top for safety.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 8:12:31 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By HillaryClinton:
I hate bicyclists more than speed enforcement. Lock them all up.
View Quote

Facts.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 8:14:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By dbrowne1:

“We got complaints from residents.”

No you didn’t. One busy body Karen complained on twitterface.
View Quote

Reminds me of when I was in a local flying club and would attend the airport meetings.  There was always the:

“Airport received 287 noise complaints this month, however 285 of them were from the same individual.”
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 8:15:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By anymanusa:
Going after electric bikes.

I like it.
View Quote

There’s folks running actual gas powered ones on the trails.  Although the last week I’ve seen cops out riding a couple times and haven’t seen any of those.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 8:18:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By JimEb:

Reminds me of when I was in a local flying club and would attend the airport meetings.  There was always the:

“Airport received 287 noise complaints this month, however 285 of them were from the same individual.”
View Quote

And that person just bought the house six months ago next to an airport that was built in the 30s.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 8:35:01 AM EDT
[#22]
I walk, run and bike my local trails, logged 1000’s of miles over the years.  Here’s what I see as being the biggest problems.

1) unleashed dogs
2) motorized bikes/skateboards.  
3) oblivious buddy walkers and ear bud people

Unleashed dogs is really the biggest problem by a factor of 100.  Everyone in my family has had a run in with that.  Wife got bit in the ass while running.  Young daughter got  knocked off her bike by a dog…that was the time the dog owner then called me an asshole. I got tripped up by an overly enthusiastic lab while running.  That owner was at least extremely apologetic and immediately put the dog back on a leash.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 8:48:15 AM EDT
[#23]
lol I would be pretty embarrassed if I was one of those cops.  

Shit that dude at the end just got stopped and a warning for going 16mph on a 15mph bike path lmao
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 8:59:33 AM EDT
[#24]
This why bikes should be on the road.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:05:56 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By KILLERB6:
And the posted (bicycle) speed limit is…?
View Quote

Was 25 now 15.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:08:54 AM EDT
[#26]
I'd be thrilled that I was going fast enough to justify a speeding ticket on my bike.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:12:31 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By twoisone:
I walk narrow paved trails here. Posted signs say 10mph and call out while passing. Road bikes all kitted up come by hunched over doing 25 or more and don’t even have the gawdamn common courtesy to call out “on your left”.

I carry a gun, but I need to carry a stout stick in my left hand and left it swing gently side to side. They’ll slow down if they think they are going to do a header when their wheel locks up.
View Quote

Just carry a white cane with red tip and wave it back and forth when you hear a bike coming.

Into the spokes if necessary.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:13:49 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By CreativeBall:
I'd be thrilled that I was going fast enough to justify a speeding ticket on my bike.
View Quote

15 mph, as was stated in the thread, isn’t that fast.  10 mph is downright leisurely.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:16:22 AM EDT
[#29]
These threads are great opportunities for the Arfcom fatsos to lash out against the non-fatsos.

I used to wonder if I’d get pulled over in Scottsville , NY for exceeding the 25 mph speed limit in town.
View Quote

The speeders probably have e bikes, thus most likely being fatsos.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:18:28 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By WackbiscuitThorazine:
I was losing sleep over the wave of speeding cyclists.

So glad resources were devoted to that crime spree
View Quote

Same here.

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:20:57 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Beretta_Jerry:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Beretta_Jerry:

Most e-bikes are allowed on our local trails.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:22:49 AM EDT
[#32]
Patrolling a bike path for speed  Sure try and catch me.  Then again I don't do paths due to all the loose dogs and people wearing headphones and shit.

I will say a few years ago I was "pulled over" on the road with my bike for speeding.  I was doing 3mph to fast in a school zone.  Was kinda funny and cop came up to me and says "hey I see you all the time on the road be safe and please keep your speed in the school zone in check"  He as totally cool about it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:23:45 AM EDT
[#33]
"Back the blue". Obviously over-staffed and over-funded if they see a "need" for that BS.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:24:22 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By JellyBelly:
I'd be beyond pleased if they enforced traffic laws on cyclists on the streets. (They're forever ignoring stop signs/lights)

This is just stupid.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:25:55 AM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

I’d say it’s more of a hetero vs homo kind of thing.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:29:42 AM EDT
[#36]
I can see both sides on this one.  I've been a bike trail user for 25+ years on a path with a lot of ped traffic.    There are some real toolbag asshole Lance Armstrong wannabees out there, in significant numbers, especially on the weekends.    They cause a lot of accidents, the worst being knocking down elderly folk.  I've seen more than a few accidents and I've been clipped myself, riding on the edge of the trail.

I ride fast when the trail is clear, I slow down to fudd speed when there are people around.   slow walking pace when there are untethered chilluns.  Not complicated.  

Thanks assholes.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:33:20 AM EDT
[#37]
View Quote

Amen!

Road fleas.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:41:43 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Pallas:

Amen!

Road fleas.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Pallas:

Amen!

Road fleas.

Reading is hard.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:42:55 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:45:12 AM EDT
[#40]
Feds. Lol.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:46:24 AM EDT
[#41]
Does state law allow for posting and enforcement of speed limits on these bike trails? Most bikes don't come with speedometers in the modern world
View Quote

It’s the feds. National Park Service US Park Police on an NPS trail in DC.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:46:48 AM EDT
[#42]
That cop needs to be pacing them to get their speed, not be stationary. She looks to have beenway to stationary most of her life.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:47:42 AM EDT
[#43]
Sounds like my AO, increasing criminal activity while the police become more and more obsessed with speed traps.

It's not really their fault, prosecutors won't lock anyone up.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:49:21 AM EDT
[#44]
they do this from time to time on kennesaw mountain. a long road, about 1.5 miles all the way to the top. some cyclist will race down the road on return. there are lots of folks walking or pushing baby carriages on the same road and cars also.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:52:16 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By chaas67:
lol / stopping someone for going 1mph over the speed  limit.

Great police work officers 🤨

Don’t worry about the real crime going on.
View Quote

It's a female officer... do you want her working real crime where other peoples lives are actually at stake?
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:53:58 AM EDT
[#46]

"Most riders have cell phones and we can direct you to a free GPS based speed app if you don't already have one" (they'll say it eventually)
View All Quotes

"Most riders have cell phones and we can direct you to a free GPS based speed app if you don't already have one" (they'll say it eventually)

My bicycle had a speedometer and odometer on it, in the 1980's.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:55:21 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By BigGrumpyBear:

It's a female officer... do you want her working real crime where other peoples lives are actually at stake?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:56:49 AM EDT
[#48]
Probably in response to a bunch of retards walking the trails who can't understand "keep right" and are also wearing earbuds so even if your bike had a train horn on it they'd still be startled as you pass by.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:56:54 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By lowcountry:
What that cop is holding in her fat paws is a radar gun and not a lidar sensor.
View Quote

Didn't watch the video. The thumbnail is a Kustom Prolaser 4 (LIDAR)
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:58:45 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By cedjunior:
Probably in response to a bunch of retards walking the trails who can't understand "keep right" and are also wearing earbuds so even if your bike had a train horn on it they'd still be startled as you pass by.
View Quote

I bet only a quarter of the people hear a warning when you pass.  
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top