Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:32:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:

What would they do with those seats on flights where nobody is morbidly obese?
View Quote

Drop the Cone of Silence on it for the Mile High Passengers?  There is probably money in it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:36:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By LoBrau:

This is why I always request to be seated next to petite milfs.
View Quote

Is there an app for that?
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:36:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By jerrwhy01:
I’m traveling to Japan in 4 weeks. We’re going 1st class all the way; I can’t wait to not have to rub up against a fatty.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:37:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By AmericanPeople:

I have asked to be seated next to an attractive single female.  It never worked.
View Quote

While I didn't ask for it, I had a flight once where I was in the aisle seat; the middle and window seats were taken up by a pair of teeny little Japanese girls that couldn't have weighed more than 90 pounds each.  45 minutes into the flight, the girl next to me fell asleep with her head on my shoulder.  She smelled like a poem.  It was the most pleasant flight ever.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:38:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By woodsie:
I love the tards who argue the airlines should just make seats bigger.  They'd be the first to complain when seat prices went up in direct proportion to that change.

They always act like it's a "free" solution and that airlines would just magically absorb the decrease in passengers per flight.

View Quote

They make bigger seats, its called first class.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:39:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By anymanusa:
How would you like to be stuck behind him in an emergency?
View Quote

He would destroy the slide for one thing if he even makes it there.  
But in seriousness the safety factor in evacuating should be of consideration
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:39:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Mike_314:
That's what they make C-17s for.
View Quote

I have an idea now for strategic fatty airlines. No windows and they can be palitized like cargo with a forklift.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:40:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:46:06 AM EDT
[#9]
View Quote

This

Also im.the guy in the middle seat I'm asking to be moved or looking at the next flight.  Not flying like that.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:49:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By woodsie:
I love the tards who argue the airlines should just make seats bigger.  They'd be the first to complain when seat prices went up in direct proportion to that change.

They always act like it's a "free" solution and that airlines would just magically absorb the decrease in passengers per flight.

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:49:33 AM EDT
[#11]
I had to sit next to a landwhale on a recent trip from DFW to FL. Took her a few minutes just to be able to wedge herself into the seat and I'm not sure if she was actually able to buckle her belt because it disappeared under one of her folds. She overflowed the armrest into my seat for 2.5 hours. She had to lean out into the aisleway just to give me room for my lungs to expand regularly, which then meant everyone who passed us to go to the toilet had to walk sideways when passing our aisle. I held my pee because there was no way I would have been able to get past her stomach onto the aisle. Isn't that a safety hazard???

That and a kid kicking the back of my seat (then throwing up) from JFK to Germany have been my two worst experiences.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:50:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By MADMAXXX:
There should be a metal gauge that people need to fit in like they have for carry on luggage size to determine if they should buy 2 seats.
View Quote

I was going to say this. The fact that people have no self-control over their impulses does not mean other people should suffer.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:51:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By TexCorriente:
Say he and I grab lunch at McDonalds together.
Should we pay the same amount for our orders?
View Quote

Is he eating more than you?

Transportation is about taking up space, he is certainly taking up more space.

If he fits into a normal seat without infringing on another passenger’s space he should be paying normal price but that clearly isn’t the case.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:54:04 AM EDT
[#14]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Rat_Patrol:
Could they not have one or two double wide seats available for extra large people?

They do have those seats, they are called 7A & 7B.  The cost increases proportionally to the cost of the individual seat, and when normal people fly, they can fold down the armrest where the fat slob's butt crack goes.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:00:04 AM EDT
[#15]
View Quote

I'd prefer that vs being in front of him in a crash landing!
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:02:30 AM EDT
[#16]
The airlines already do have a test they could implement to see if your too large to fly or not. If you can't fit through the planes bathroom door, you have to buy an extra seat, or not fly. Put that door at the gate. :)
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:04:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: grambosc] [#17]
Even if you bought two seats, I could see the airlines charging you extra to have them next to each other.

Or even in the same row.  

Flying commercially sucks in general now, and this is just another symptom.

On the last flight I took, in 2019, I had a huge woman spilling over the armrest onto me for an entire flight to Detroit.  It really set the tone for the whole trip.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:08:12 AM EDT
[#18]

People always say they want more space in their seat, but then they’ll choose the shittiest airline to save $2.
View Quote

It’s been over 5 years since my last flight and even than I was forced by my wife. I don’t fly because airlines are shitty period. Add government tsa as a special thank you for list of reasons why I don’t fly. I got my balls feeled up so my kid could have a juice box.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:08:25 AM EDT
[#19]
They really need those carry-on measuring frames, but for passengers.  Don't fit through the frame?  You're buying an extra seat.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:09:45 AM EDT
[#20]
There should be a metal gauge that people need to fit in like they have for carry on luggage size to determine if they should buy 2 seats.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:10:16 AM EDT
[#21]
And i am there unpacking and repacking my Wifes suitcases at the airport because the stupid retarded new automated machines cant average the weight of two suitcases for two people traveling together.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:10:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Plus size?

He's a walking zip code.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:18:43 AM EDT
[#23]
I 100% support just rolling these types out of the door mid flight.  the crater impacts would be incredible.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:20:19 AM EDT
[#24]
The pic of eddie hall and brian shaw sitting 2 wide in a 3 seat row always cracks me up

Cant figure out how to embed pic

https://people.com/travel/two-worlds-strongest-men-sit-next-to-each-other-plane/
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:21:00 AM EDT
[#25]
I mean, he got on the plane he had to have known the seat would be too small for him.  So what did they think is going to happen?
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:22:01 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By FreefallRet:
Buy a first class ticket or two seats.
View Quote

I am not sure that a First Class seat would be wide enough.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:24:28 AM EDT
[#27]
And I had to pay  an extra $50 because my carry on bag weighed 1 pound too much yet this guy weighs 4 times as much as me.
View Quote

Reach into carryon and remove something that weighs a pound.  Insert under your shirt.  Reweigh carryon.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:24:52 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By tveddy:
The pic of eddie hall and brian shaw sitting 2 wide in a 3 seat row always cracks me up

Cant figure out how to embed pic

https://people.com/travel/two-worlds-strongest-men-sit-next-to-each-other-plane/
View Quote

You can clearly see that's a 2-seat row.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:25:57 AM EDT
[#29]
When he goes to lunch, does fatty have to pay for a second sandwich if one doesn’t fill him up? Should the restaurant just give him a second sandwich for free because he’s fat?
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:25:59 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By farfromhome:
What about seat belts? I doubt any plane seat belt would fit around that slob.

So you are sitting next to him, turbulence hits. Since he is "too big" to fit in a seat belt, he ends of on top of you. Life sucks lol.

I only fly when absolutely necessary.
View Quote

They have seat belt extenders.  One may not be adequate for that person.  Are they limited to one extender?
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:26:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Morgan321] [#31]
That fatass probably couldn't fit through an emergency exit door.  He'd probably pop the inflatable slide like it was a party balloon.  

They need a narrow door to the jetbridge - don't fit then you don't fly.  
That would also get rid of the shitheads who bring giant bags, carry 87 pounds of garbage with them, or hold up everybody else by gate checking their bag to avoid paying $30 for a checked bag.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:26:29 AM EDT
[#32]
I've sat next to a few fatties in my day, but that's a BIG boy. Damn.

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:27:37 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:28:19 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Baq:
And i am there unpacking and repacking my Wifes suitcases at the airport because the stupid retarded new automated machines cant average the weight of two suitcases for two people traveling together.
View Quote
The suitcase limit is per suitcase, not per passenger.  Probably has to do with ergonomic requirements since someone has to lift those huge things full of hairspray, blow dryers and shoes.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:28:26 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By ZA206:
I've got broad shoulders, and I'm fairly fit. The broad shoulders can be an issue in coach when another broad shoulder guy has the seat next to me.

I basically just fly first class now, so problem solved.

Luckily, I've never sat next to a whale like that. I'd probably try to switch seats if possible.
View Quote
That happened to me on a flight. I was at my seat on the aisle, and another guy comes and sits in the middle. As soon as he's down, well look at each other and say "this isn't going to work." There was a flight attendant right in front of us having the other way. I said "Excuse me, miss...", she turned around, and before I could say anything she goes "Oh, that's not good" and proceeds to find a seat for the other guy. Fortunately it wasn't a full flight.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:28:53 AM EDT
[#36]

There would be two seats in place of three assuming that is an adequate size/width.  Leave it in that configuration.  If no whale uses it, maybe someone in a wheel chair...or someone gets upgraded to that seat.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AEROMechanic:

OK but what about all the flights where you don’t have someone willing to pay for that seat because they’re not land whales. Now you’ve lost revenue where you could have three other seats for each one of those ridiculously oversize seats

You’d have to reconfigure That particular row every flight based upon the occasional obese person. Which means at each location you fly to you would have to have spare seats and different sizes

There would be two seats in place of three assuming that is an adequate size/width.  Leave it in that configuration.  If no whale uses it, maybe someone in a wheel chair...or someone gets upgraded to that seat.

The major airlines make way more profit on their premium class seats than they do on economy. A huge incentive for someone to upgrade their seat is extra space. If the airlines created a psuedo business/first class sized seat that was cheaper, they would automatically be competing against themselves for that higher revenue.
So a normal sized passenger that otherwise would have purchased a first class seat decides that they will sit in the same sized seat a few rows back, forgo the crappy meal, and still save money even if they pay for a few drinks. Then you are left with this exact same situation, only now the person who did pay for that seat gets shamed for not giving it up to the fatty.
Changing out plane configs with new seats is not a trivial task, especially when it has to be done on hundreds of them to ensure continuity across fleets. There would be significant up front costs to the airlines just to get it setup only to likely have it followed by lowered revenue than they had before.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:29:16 AM EDT
[#37]
I wonder what his screen name is.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:29:37 AM EDT
[#38]
I don't feel sorry for people that are that HUGE.

To maintain that kind of weight, you basically have to work at it......I bet that guy is eating 8K calories a day of nothing buy junk food. It takes serious skill to get that fat.  

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:32:31 AM EDT
[#39]
I bet that fucker goes through a LOT of toilet paper…
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:33:06 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Rat_Patrol:
Could they not have one or two double wide seats available for extra large people?
View Quote

Or he could lose weight and not be an unhealthy fat blob, or charter a cargo plane to haul his ass around.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:34:25 AM EDT
[#41]
Imagine the smell. Imagine the sweat and grease rubbing against you.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:35:50 AM EDT
[#43]
View Quote

That’s why I always scope out the exit and alternate exits closes to me.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:37:01 AM EDT
[#44]
FAR on aircraft exit door size

I do not want that guy between me and the exit.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:38:57 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By ag04blast:

They make bigger seats, its called first class.
View Quote

That disgusting beast wouldn't fit in a first class seat either.

Sling load with a chinook is the way.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:40:11 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By treelow:
Imagine the smell. Imagine the sweat and grease rubbing against you.
View Quote

[Lands in Denmark] -- "Why do you smell like bacon?"
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:40:38 AM EDT
[#47]

Reach into carryon and remove something that weighs a pound.  Insert under your shirt.  Reweigh carryon.
View All Quotes
And I had to pay  an extra $50 because my carry on bag weighed 1 pound too much yet this guy weighs 4 times as much as me.

That's not the issue.
If there is a weight fine over a bag that I am carrying why is their not a weight fine over the hundreds of pounds of fat that he is carrying?
I plus my bag weigh 1/3 his weight so why would I have to pay a "fine" if my bag that only I have to carry is slightly over weight.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:41:38 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By GlockfanUT:
I bet that fucker goes through a LOT of toilet paper
View Quote
I bet he can't wipe his own ass.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:41:51 AM EDT
[#49]
View Quote

This lol
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:43:52 AM EDT
[#50]
That's not the issue.
If there is a weight fine over a bag that I am carrying why is their not a weight fine over the hundreds of pounds of fat that he is carrying?
I plus my bag weigh 1/3 his weight so why would I have to pay a "fine" if my bag that only I have to carry is slightly over weight.
View Quote
It's been suggested around here many times, but airfare should be "pay by the pound".
Reserve your ticket at a nominal price, when you get to the airport, you and all your bags go on a scale.
Your final ticket price is adjusted from there.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top