Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:45:24 AM EDT
[#1]
A photo like that is why I now only fly first class. I was smashed up against the bulkhead once when someone nearly that sized squeezed into the middle seat. I had to feel his back sweat for 3 hours. NEVER AGAIN.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:47:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Spare tire is supposed to mean on the belly, not around the head.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:49:12 AM EDT
[#3]
If they made extra wide seats just for the fatties then skinny people would be buying them up even if they weren't overweight. Just for the extra seat room.

Having to buy 2 seats is the only solution.

They should make something like they have at check in for your bag. If it doesn't fit in the box you have to check it in.

If you can't fit in between the armrest guage at check in the you have to buy a second seat.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:49:17 AM EDT
[#4]
The airlines did this to themselves. You can’t have a business model that revolves around selling more room at a premium and not charge the big uns more money.  most fair way would be a weight and measurement scan for everyone. I pay the same for my 2 year olds seat as I pay for my own.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 10:49:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jerrwhy01:
I’m traveling to Japan in 4 weeks. We’re going 1st class all the way; I can’t wait to not have to rub up against a fatty.
View Quote

Traveling to Asia typically means the chances of sitting next to a fatty are about as close to zero as you can get.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 11:06:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: StealthyBlagga] [#6]
I agree with the two-seat solution, but a potential problem is that nobody will board for that seat so the airline staff will assign it to another passenger on oversold flights.

I say they should fly on Southwest where they get to request an extra seat for free. I almost never fly Southwest  😂
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 11:07:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ChrisLe] [#7]
Ahhh, political correctness. Morbidly obese is now called "plus size"
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 11:10:16 AM EDT
[#8]
I don't feel bad for the fatty, he should have enough self awareness to know he needs 2 seats.  I feel sorry for the poor bastard who has to sit next to that fat bastard because you know his fat rolls will be all in that other guys personal space.

Ive sat next to some big fat women (not like this guy) and had to deal with them jelly rolling into my space.  Made me want a nice wall to send up, stay on your side of the wall meatball.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 11:11:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By imq707s:
I don't feel sorry for people that are that HUGE.

To maintain that kind of weight, you basically have to work at it......I bet that guy is eating 8K calories a day of nothing buy junk food. It takes serious skill to get that fat.  

View Quote

That it's possible to get that fat period is a shameful condemnation of our society and people in general.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 11:24:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Wolfy42:

Thats a huge safety issue.  He is going to block the aisle in an emergency evac.
View Quote

I'm sure there are ways to convince him to remain in that row of seats when the shit hits the fan.  May not be pretty or ethical, kind of like bear hunting with someone else when the griz shows up for dinner.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 11:24:13 AM EDT
[#11]
That looks like a former coworker.  I can smell that guy still. Nothing like that yeasty, nasty funky smell.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 11:28:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By madwis15:

Traveling to Asia typically means the chances of sitting next to a fatty are about as close to zero as you can get.
View Quote
With my luck, I'd end up on the same flight as the National Sumo Team on the way home from a tournament.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 11:47:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By AEROMechanic:

I’m gonna be honest with you, I think he would struggle to get into a first Class seat even.
View Quote

I agree.  But he’s not even close in that pic.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 11:56:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By ChrisLe:
Ahhh, political correctness. Morbidly obese is now called "plus size"
View Quote

There are plus sized people, but the guy from the story is more of multiply or exponent sized.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 11:58:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Fatty needs to pay for a second seat.

Society owes him nothing.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 12:02:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By woodsie:
I love the tards who argue the airlines should just make seats bigger.  They'd be the first to complain when seat prices went up in direct proportion to that change.

They always act like it's a "free" solution and that airlines would just magically absorb the decrease in passengers per flight.

View Quote

I would not complain if I paid more for larger seats.  I’m a normal sized male at 6 foot 210 lbs.   I can’t sit next to another similarly sized person in a normal position.  Have to lean forward or pull my shoulders forward.  Airplane seats are not adequate for normal sized people.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 12:04:56 PM EDT
[#17]
I bet you can smell his unwiped ass.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 12:07:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Should have a box you must fit through before you board and if you don’t have two tickets you can’t proceed.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 12:09:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By AKFF:

I would not complain if I paid more for larger seats.  I’m a normal sized male at 6 foot 210 lbs.   I can’t sit next to another similarly sized person in a normal position.  Have to lean forward or pull my shoulders forward.  Airplane seats are not adequate for normal sized people.
View Quote

They are designed to fit as many people as possible, not for comfort. Even first class isn’t that comfortable. If you are morbidly obese, you should have to purchase two seats. Same goes for buses, sports arenas and everything else. He chose to be morbidly obese and now has to deal with the consequences.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 12:10:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By RePp:
Should have a box you must fit through before you board and if you don’t have two tickets you can’t proceed.
View Quote

Or have to enter weight and measurements when purchasing a ticket. On a full flight, there are no other tickets to purchase.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 12:12:15 PM EDT
[#21]
++++sized

And fuck him. He knew exactly what he was getting in to.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 12:13:01 PM EDT
[#22]
But are the armrests removable? So you buy two seats but still have to squish your morbidly large ass in between the armrests.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 12:14:10 PM EDT
[#23]
So, is a skinny person “minus sized”?
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 12:14:54 PM EDT
[#24]
But I'm supposed to pay extra if my suitcase is over 50lbs.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 12:28:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By CouchCommando22:

Or have to enter weight and measurements when purchasing a ticket. On a full flight, there are no other tickets to purchase.
View Quote

Absolutely. Enter the measurements and if you lied and can’t fit through the box of shame it’s a no go.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 12:31:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By GlockfanUT:
I bet that fucker goes through a LOT of toilet paper…
View Quote

I bet not.

If you are that obese you can't reach and have to get in a shower with flexible hose head.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 12:31:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By JerkStore:
FAR on aircraft exit door size

I do not want that guy between me and the exit.
View Quote

A good starting point for the “plus size” crowd would be to have to fit through an emergency exit size opening before they are allowed to board.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 12:38:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By MADMAXXX:
There should be a metal gauge that people need to fit in like they have for carry on luggage size to determine if they should buy 2 seats.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 12:40:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By anymanusa:
How would you like to be stuck behind him in an emergency?
View Quote

This.  They should NOT be able to fly.  He is a safety hazard.  Also, if you buy 2 seats and only occupy one, the airlines typically sit someone there from standby.  I think the quote from the OP is a lie.  I have seen it happen more than once.  Not sure if they got refunded for the second seat, but they sure didn't leave it open.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 12:45:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Plus size is not double or triple average body weight or size.

If you can't physically fit in a (one) seat the problem is yours, not the airlines and others should not have to deal with it.
If you are going to card someone for a T-shirt you really should be kicking people off that do not fit the cabin constraints.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 12:57:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:

A good starting point for the "plus size" crowd would be to have to fit through an emergency exit size opening before they are allowed to board.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

A good starting point for the "plus size" crowd would be to have to fit through an emergency exit size opening before they are allowed to board.
And do it quickly on their own.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 1:11:38 PM EDT
[#32]

People always say they want more space in their seat, but then they’ll choose the shittiest airline to save $2.
View Quote

Exactly this. Theoretically airlines could eliminate the middle seat and got to 2 seats on each side and the tickets should only cost 50% more but, as stated above, people are cheap.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 1:12:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By StealthyBlagga:
I agree with the two-seat solution, but a potential problem is that nobody will board for that seat so the airline staff will assign it to another passenger on oversold flights.
View Quote

That has happened before.  Tubby buys two adjoining seats, airline say only one guy boarder, so they give that second paid for seat to someone else.   Don't recall if the tubby got a refund for his second seat they gave to someone else.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 1:13:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Dude isn’t plus sized. He’s Jabba the Hut sized!
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 1:15:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By anymanusa:
How would you like to be stuck behind him in an emergency?
View Quote
I don't think he can fit through the over-wing emergency exit.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 1:15:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By KTMRIDER:
I like RFKs idea of putting them in the circus
View Quote

Me too.

Bring back circus freaks!
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 1:18:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: woodxdm] [#37]
Originally Posted By greenranger:
That’s not a “plus sized passenger”.
That’s a hippo
View Quote

This, I’m 6’4” 255, I’m plus sized. This dude is beyond what the human body is meant to carry
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 1:20:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Concentricity:
If they buy two seats, can they remove the arm rest in the middle, or do they straddle the arm rest between the two paid seats?
View Quote

Put an ass check on each side of the arm rest.   That way it helps stabilize the load in case of turbulence.

<— fat ass but not the whole zip code fat.  

Saw a guy on the range like that yesterday.   He made the bench rest stool disappear.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 1:25:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By AEROMechanic:

This is the way and quite frankly it’s in more than a few airline policies that they’re supposed to. However, Airlines are very reluctant to enforce it for reasons of being sued.
View Quote

The spilling over in to the aisle is a safety hazard for emergency evacuations. That should not be allowed nor seated in the emergency exit rows.   Put them up in first class where the seat is adequate or two seats.  They should pay their way for the extra room.

That or put covid plexiglas dividers between the seat so I don’t have to deal with spillover lard.  Having a large person squashed upon you is hot and sweaty and unfair.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 1:27:59 PM EDT
[#40]
I'm tired of fat fucks.

I'm tired of subsidizing their health care costs.

I'm tired of getting stuck behind their asses waddling down the grocery store aisle at 0.1mph, enroute to the shelf with the Rice Crispy Treats.

I'm tired of the smell of crotch cheese.

I'm tired of being visually assaulted every time I go out in public.

I'm tired of people acting like it's OK to be a fat fuck.

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 1:29:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Kraquine:

I bet not.

If you are that obese you can't reach and have to get in a shower with flexible hose head.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 1:40:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By 74HC:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 74HC:

From the link I posted:

§ 25.807 Emergency exits.
(a) Type. For the purpose of this part, the types of exits are defined as follows:

(1) Type I. This type is a floor-level exit with a rectangular opening of not less than 24 inches wide by 48 inches high, with corner radii not greater than eight inches.

(2) Type II. This type is a rectangular opening of not less than 20 inches wide by 44 inches high, with corner radii not greater than seven inches. Type II exits must be floor-level exits unless located over the wing, in which case they must not have a step-up inside the airplane of more than 10 inches nor a step-down outside the airplane of more than 17 inches.

(3) Type III. This type is a rectangular opening of not less than 20 inches wide by 36 inches high with corner radii not greater than seven inches, and with a step-up inside the airplane of not more than 20 inches. If the exit is located over the wing, the step-down outside the airplane may not exceed 27 inches.

(4) Type IV. This type is a rectangular opening of not less than 19 inches wide by 26 inches high, with corner radii not greater than 6.3 inches, located over the wing, with a step-up inside the airplane of not more than 29 inches and a step-down outside the airplane of not more than 36 inches.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 1:42:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Caeser2001] [#43]
There should be a metal gauge that people need to fit in like they have for carry on luggage size to determine if they should buy 2 seats.
View All Quotes

This. I was stuck next to some goblin at a layover in Chiraq that couldn't fit in her seat. Stewardess made up for it with strong/free rum and cokes once that fattie opened her mouth.

Originally Posted By Torf:

And do it quickly on their own.

Ohh, never even thought about that. This too.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 1:54:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By tifosi:
It's been suggested around here many times, but airfare should be "pay by the pound".
Reserve your ticket at a nominal price, when you get to the airport, you and all your bags go on a scale.
Your final ticket price is adjusted from there.
View All Quotes
That's not the issue.
If there is a weight fine over a bag that I am carrying why is their not a weight fine over the hundreds of pounds of fat that he is carrying?
I plus my bag weigh 1/3 his weight so why would I have to pay a "fine" if my bag that only I have to carry is slightly over weight.
It's been suggested around here many times, but airfare should be "pay by the pound".
Reserve your ticket at a nominal price, when you get to the airport, you and all your bags go on a scale.

The REEEEE would be amazing
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 3:31:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MtnMusic] [#45]
Originally Posted By Agilt:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Agilt:
That's not the issue.
If there is a weight fine over a bag that I am carrying why is their not a weight fine over the hundreds of pounds of fat that he is carrying?
I plus my bag weigh 1/3 his weight so why would I have to pay a "fine" if my bag that only I have to carry is slightly over weight.

Average weight (2023):

Men:       199 lbs
Women:  164 lbs
All:         182 lbs

HOWEVER, those numbers are "self-reported". I'm guessing that most fatties aren't going to voluntarily report their weight, even if they can find a scale that will handle it.    So the real numbers are probably higher.

Source: https://www.statista.com/statistics/1449317/us-adults-mean-self-reported-weight-by-gender/
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 3:34:57 PM EDT
[#46]
If I was that gross, I'd buy 2 to avoid going viral.  

People that gross have no shame though.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 3:36:13 PM EDT
[#47]
View Quote

Nice.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 3:37:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Fatties should pay for 2 seats. Nobody wants to sit beside some fat ass that's overflowing into their seat.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 3:37:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Undaunted:
If I was that gross, I'd buy 2 to avoid going viral.  

People that gross have no shame though.
View Quote

Hell, we bought an extra seat once when we had a 6month old.  The baby didn't need the seat (you can hold em in your lap up to 2 years), but we figured we would spare any potential neighbors from being stuck next to a baby.  Who ended up just sleeping the whole flight anyways.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 3:42:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Pilot should kick him off for weight and balance considerations unless he buys to adjoining seats.  

And I haven’t flown commercial for a while.  Those seats are so thin.  No padding, just some fabric on a plastic frame.   They used to be like a 4” cushioned seat back.
Page / 6
Top Top