BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 8:04:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 9mmmac:
CG is where now?  All sorts of trim and attitude problems to work out.
View Quote

Huge-O's should avoid the rear of a Boeing Max jet.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 8:07:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Airlines should charge passengers by weight.  Body + luggage.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 8:19:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By chmodx:
I make fun of assholes and bad people, no problem.

While I doubt he's a member here but i can't imagine reading online anywhere about yourself and it being this stuff that some here have posted.
View Quote
He has no respect for the passengers next to him. Ridicule is appropriate.

Kind of seems a bit like some sort of twisted virtue signaling that you didn't think of them either.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 8:20:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Houstons_Problem:

Kind of seems a bit like some sort of twisted virtue signaling that you didn't think of them either.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Houstons_Problem:
Originally Posted By chmodx:
I make fun of assholes and bad people, no problem.

While I doubt he's a member here but i can't imagine reading online anywhere about yourself and it being this stuff that some here have posted.

He has no respect for himself, fuck him.*

*outside very specific medical conditions*
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 8:29:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By MisterPX:

What did flight's cost in the 30's?  Or the 60's?

I don't think first class existed until the early 70's.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By OregonShooter:
I sometimes wonder what a flight would cost if the entire plane were "first class" accommodation.

What did flight's cost in the 30's?  Or the 60's?

I don't think first class existed until the early 70's.

They used to have both first and coach flights until the early 1960s when the airlines started to combine them both.

United with the Sud Est Caravelle even had Men Only flights between Chicago and NYC.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 8:43:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BobP] [#6]
I once flew from Hawaii to LA and thought I was lucky to get an aisle seat. Unfortunately, across the aisle was the largest man I have ever seen. He wasn't fat, and his calves were larger than my waist. He was a Pacific Islander who was simply huge. The problem was that he extended quite a way into the aisle and people could see him, so the people crowded to my side of the aisle. I got hit by people's butts, service carts and purses.  It was miserable.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 8:47:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: byron2112] [#7]
Oh you haven't lived friend until you've ridden several 5-6 hour trips in coach on a crowded Amtrak..
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 8:49:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Just remember, only Americans are fat.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 8:55:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Triplelocked:

This.  They should NOT be able to fly.  He is a safety hazard.  Also, if you buy 2 seats and only occupy one, the airlines typically sit someone there from standby.  I think the quote from the OP is a lie.  I have seen it happen more than once.  Not sure if they got refunded for the second seat, but they sure didn't leave it open.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Triplelocked:
Originally Posted By anymanusa:
How would you like to be stuck behind him in an emergency?

This.  They should NOT be able to fly.  He is a safety hazard.  Also, if you buy 2 seats and only occupy one, the airlines typically sit someone there from standby.  I think the quote from the OP is a lie.  I have seen it happen more than once.  Not sure if they got refunded for the second seat, but they sure didn't leave it open.

A former coworker ran into this. He purchased 2 seats to Japan because he was very large. He had a layover of a few minutes, where he had to stay on the same plane in the same seats. He planned ahead for his trip.

The airline decided that only one person checked in at the first airport, so they sold one of his seats at the layover airport. Some poor sucker got to sit next to him from the west coast to Japan.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:00:25 PM EDT
[#10]

That has happened before.  Tubby buys two adjoining seats, airline say only one guy boarder, so they give that second paid for seat to someone else.   Don't recall if the tubby got a refund for his second seat they gave to someone else.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By StealthyBlagga:
I agree with the two-seat solution, but a potential problem is that nobody will board for that seat so the airline staff will assign it to another passenger on oversold flights.

That has happened before.  Tubby buys two adjoining seats, airline say only one guy boarder, so they give that second paid for seat to someone else.   Don't recall if the tubby got a refund for his second seat they gave to someone else.

Exactly what I just posted. Airline software needs a unique name for each seat or they consider one of them unsold.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 11:50:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By VidaEterna:
I’m upset that I cannot bring my support emu with me on my flights any longer. It’s not fair.
View Quote

I cannot bring my support velociraptor so I feel your pain.
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 12:00:31 AM EDT
[#12]
nearly all problems with modern air travel could be solved by replacing the jetway with a cargo net.

you gotta walk out to the motherfuckin plane and climb that bitch with all your shit if you wanna board the plane.
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 12:00:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Twisted10:
screen name?
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 12:04:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Every time I see a maintenance request (at the airline I work for at DFW) for extra seat belt extenders, I know what's up.
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 12:27:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Lou_Daks] [#15]
Why does OP call him "plus sized"?  That's just capitulation to the woke nonsense.  The guy is morbidly, grossly obese.  How about we tell the truth?

Stop using the Left's language.
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 5:32:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By byron2112:
Oh you haven't lived friend until you've ridden several 5-6 hour trips in coach on a crowded Amtrak..
View Quote

I experienced it on a Greyhound once. It was brutal.
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top