Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 9:44:30 AM EDT
[#1]
My future ex wife takes around 22 pills a day. She takes pills to counter the side effects of other pills. The doctors saw her coming and warmed up their prescription pads. I’ve told her more than a few times to quit poisoning her body with all that shit and start over but she trusts her doctors.

Link Posted: 9/10/2024 9:54:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Did big pharma ever write you a prescription?

So who is killing you.
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 10:00:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Herewego:
Did big pharma ever write you a prescription?

So who is killing you.
View Quote

Why did you need the prescription?
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 10:03:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Remember, Big Pharma spends more on marketing than they do research.

Link Posted: 9/10/2024 10:07:57 AM EDT
[#5]
OP, google Confirmation Bias.
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 10:09:14 AM EDT
[#6]
They a drug dealers...just with a license

Healthy communities make no money for drug companies and money is the bottom line
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 10:10:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By alexA2:

Stanislaw Burzynski look up this man. He’s had a cure for cancer since the 70’s. Although the FDA and other pharmaceutical companies say it’s medical quackery, the people he’s cured of cancer would say otherwise.
He has a documentary on YouTube.

I’m also inline to believe big pharma is more out to make money than cure people. Just look at the opioid epidemic they caused. They knew it was extremely addictive, but they hid that information so they could make more money.

I love capitalism, but the line has to be drawn when it interferes with our life, liberty and pursuit of freedom.
View Quote

Lololol the dude is full of shit and his "cure" is not verifiable nor is it able to be replicated. The cure for any type of the thousands of cancers would first have to stop the imperfect cells from passing a G2 checkpoint into mitosis.
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 10:21:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Happy_Hour_Hero:
My personal take on typical primary care is they've given up on convincing patients to take their health into their own hands and default to a quick "here's what you really should do, but you're fat, lazy and stupid, so that's never going to happen, so here's a bunch of prescriptions instead"
View Quote

I think there is a lot of truth here.  

Americans want a quick fix for their health issues and big pharma is obliged to find it... if the money is there.   My personal experience in practice is that the new medicines (esp biologics) are miracles for the conditions they are intended to treat.  
However, these medicines are terrifically expensive and are often required for rest of a patient's life.  As a society we can't afford them, and something will have to give.
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 10:35:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Duck_Hunt] [#9]
Originally Posted By roa:

Americans want a quick fix for their health issues and big pharma is obliged to find it... if the money is there.   My personal experience in practice is that the new medicines (esp biologics) are miracles for the conditions they are intended to treat.  
However, these medicines are terrifically expensive and are often required for rest of a patient's life.  As a society we can't afford them, and something will have to give.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By roa:
My personal take on typical primary care is they've given up on convincing patients to take their health into their own hands and default to a quick "here's what you really should do, but you're fat, lazy and stupid, so that's never going to happen, so here's a bunch of prescriptions instead"

Prescriptions drugs are the large contributing factor in the rising health care costs we’ve seen over the last 2-3 decades.

In 2020, 1 in 4.28 people in the US were taking psychiatric drugs.. now think of how many people are on other meds like BC, cholesterol meds, diabetes meds, etc.
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 10:48:44 AM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

We need to bring back fat-shaming.
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 10:50:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Notcalifornialegal] [#11]
Originally Posted By Duck_Hunt:

Prescriptions drugs are the large contributing factor in the rising health care costs we’ve seen over the last 2-3 decades.

In 2020, 1 in 4.28 people in the US were taking psychiatric drugs.. now think of how many people are on other meds like BC, cholesterol meds, diabetes meds, etc.
View Quote

So real talk, I'm pretty damn healthy. Exercise, weight all that fun stuff.

My doc took a look at my lipid profile I think my total cholesterol was... like 170 something and my bad cholesterol was 130.  Obviously not perfect, but.... minor.

Doc wanted to put me on a statin, and I can absolutely see how there may be a problem with over prescribing.
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 10:57:52 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm probably more worried about plastics. Bisphenols and phthalates and other estrogen mimicking, endocrine disrupting effects.

GD worries about Soybeans, endocrine-disrupting chemicals - that's bigly

Link Posted: 9/10/2024 11:19:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Notcalifornialegal:

My doc took a look at my lipid profile I think my total cholesterol was... like 170 something and my bad cholesterol was 130.  Obviously not perfect, but.... minor.

Doc wanted to put me on a statin, and I can absolutely see how there may be a problem with over prescribing.
View All Quotes

Ayup, it’s a damn shame.  As far as your doctor is concerned… cholesterol is just one of the many things western Medicine doesn’t have an understanding of.
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 11:22:59 AM EDT
[#14]
If you're dumb enough to "Ask your doctor about iondjosdifvjasvere" and take their drugs, it's on you.
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 11:24:59 AM EDT
[#15]

View All Quotes

There are definitely bad doctors. I was given an asthma inhaler for a sinus issue. When my ENT heard about it he really held back on what he wanted to say.

The Dr that gave me the inhaler also refused to refer me to an ENT for a couple months until he felt like he could bill me enough first. I had a sinus infection the whole time.
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 11:29:01 AM EDT
[#16]
The FDA is in the loop and has a revolving door from the pharmaceutical industry
Just read how aspartame got the FDA approval
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 11:35:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: David14] [#17]
View All Quotes

This.  100% dead-on balls-accurate.

Originally Posted By feudist:

"Big Pharma" responds to market forces, just like "Big Food, "Big Oil", "Big Capitalism" and all the other simple minded liberal Boogeymen do. The market responds to human nature, not planned conspiracies.
There are huge successes in lifestyle improvements from many drugs, and at the same time some interventions amount to long term palliative care for people who simply will not modify their  mix of utter sedentariness, ultra high caloric intake of mostly sugar and toxic anger, frustration and isolation from being glued to the boob tube for life.

Also, this.
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 11:37:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By kychas:
The FDA is in the loop and has a revolving door from the pharmaceutical industry
Just read how aspartame got the FDA approval
View Quote

Ayup.

Hell, look up how many FDA approved drugs have been recalled
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 11:38:19 AM EDT
[#19]
I don’t really think so. Something’s can’t be cured but managed. I think the better question to ask is “ is the structure in which medicines reach their end user retarded?”
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 11:38:58 AM EDT
[#20]
I think the US is probably the best place to be for acute health care. If your leg gets crushed in a car accident, you have a heart attack, or get breast cancer, this is the place to be. The doctors and big pharma will save you. It's actually pretty damn awesome.

But, we are also lazy and gluttonous, which creates a whole host of chronic health issues. Big pharma is more than happy to get rich from treating your symptoms if you aren't willing to actually solve the problem. That in itself isn't necessarily conspiratorial.

But then you have the problem of industry influencing government to drive regulations to protect them from competition, dish out bad health advice, etc. They exaggerate the effectiveness of their products while downplaying risks.

If you aren't getting 7-10k steps per day, hitting the weights a couple times per week or doing manual labor, and eating a high protein diet primarily consisting of whole foods, you're killing yourself. Once you have thar under control, then maybe you can start worrying about big pharma, plastics, pesticides, and mad scientists making addictive Doritos.
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 11:42:16 AM EDT
[#21]
We're killing ourselves, and we are asking our doctors prescribe Big Pharma's assistance.

And none of those persons/entities have succeeded to kill me, yet, despite my setting myself up for failure. And, to be frank, everybody wants to bitch about healthcare and medications, but without both of them I would be dead already, in one of numerous possible ways.
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 11:49:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Let's not leave the food industry out of this.
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 11:52:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Duck_Hunt] [#23]
Originally Posted By SnoopisTDI:
I think the US is probably the best place to be for acute health care. If your leg gets crushed in a car accident, you have a heart attack, or get breast cancer, this is the place to be. The doctors and big pharma will save you. It's actually pretty damn awesome.

But, we are also lazy and gluttonous, which creates a whole host of chronic health issues. Big pharma is more than happy to get rich from treating your symptoms if you aren't willing to actually solve the problem. That in itself isn't necessarily conspiratorial.

But then you have the problem of industry influencing government to drive regulations to protect them from competition, dish out bad health advice, etc. They exaggerate the effectiveness of their products while downplaying risks.

If you aren't getting 7-10k steps per day, hitting the weights a couple times per week or doing manual labor, and eating a high protein diet primarily consisting of whole foods, you're killing yourself. Once you have thar under control, then maybe you can start worrying about big pharma, plastics, pesticides, and mad scientists making addictive Doritos.
View Quote

Pretty much spot on.

I will say that western culture with its industrialize agriculture, foods that are made to be addictive, inventions that reduce or eliminate physical activity, the belief that pharmaceuticals are the answer, and residential development models are the reasons why Americans are lazy and gluttonous.

Link Posted: 9/10/2024 12:21:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By ClayHollisterTT:

It is crazy what they get away with.

I would like to see a ban on TV advertising, that would change things dramatically for the better.

The MSM wouldn’t be beholden to them anymore and might start telling the truth about the problems.
View Quote

I think that's the primary reason they advertise on TV.  The threat of pulling the advertising money if a negative story is run on them.
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 12:25:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By C-4:

@73RR

Just to dispel some myths.

1) Most doctors don’t or won’t even see drug reps due to time constraints.  No doc has time to sit there and listen for 20 minutes about some new drug while their patients are backing up.  I’m running from room to room all day and don’t have time to chat if they just show up.

2) There are new drugs that I think potentially can help my patients so I will set up a time to meet with a drug rep.  It’s important to get drug samples so I can try out a drug and see if it even does what they claim it will do without any significant side effects, and that the patient can afford.  With almost every new drug, insurance will not cover it, and even though it actually does help, I simply can’t use it as it costs too much.  If the drug company can’t figure out a way for the patient to afford it, it’s dead in the water.  

A good example is Nuplazid which is still name-brand and is still stupid expensive.  It’s used for hallucinations and delusions in Lewy Body Dementia/Parkinson’s disease.  In a substantial majority of patients it will eliminate or greatly reduce hallucinations and delusions.  They finally have a drug-assistance program that pays for the drug in those patients where insurance doesn’t cover it so I can use it more.

I don’t use Neupro, even though it is a great drug for Parkinson’s disease because insurance won’t pay for it and they don’t have a drug assistance program.  Great drug.  Never prescribe it.

3) Many hospital corporations that the 75% of doctors work for ban or limit drug reps from coming in.  They are not making any money off of it so they don’t want them there.

4) We don’t get kick-backs.  It’s actually illegal.  The most we get is some cookies for the staff and free drug samples.  It’s been 15 years since they were allowed to give us pens and pads with their name on it so we don’t even get that anymore.  If I didn’t want to try a new drug for my patients then I would not see the drug rep.  Free samples means that I get to try something at zero cost to the patient and if it doesn’t work, the patient is not out any money.  That’s the main reason for drug samples.

5) Yes, we do try to tell patients to not use hard drugs, quit smoking, quit drinking excessively, look at their diet, and exercise.  These are “heavy lifting” aspects of health and difficult to change.  We usually get the body when it’s already broken.
View Quote

No kickbacks, but they'll fly you to Florida and pay you $50K to stay in a resort all weekend to give a 5 Minute speech on how great ByDureon is if you'll push it on your new diabetes patients.  And, yeah, that's publicly available information.
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 12:26:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Big Pharma has kept me going for years.
The Mrs. too.

I think that is true for a majority of people who have access to modern medical care.
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 12:27:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By LRShooter:

I think that's the primary reason they advertise on TV.  The threat of pulling the advertising money if a negative story is run on them.
View All Quotes

I would like to see a ban on TV advertising, that would change things dramatically for the better.

The MSM wouldn’t be beholden to them anymore and might start telling the truth about the problems.

Rupert Murdoch made a comment about this several years ago.. can’t find it now.  Iirc pharma makes up the majority of Fox News ad revenues.. like 80-90%.
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 12:29:37 PM EDT
[#28]

Rupert Murdoch made a comment about this several years ago.. can’t find it now.  Iirc pharma makes up the majority of Fox News ad revenues.. like 80-90%.
View All Quotes

They make up the majority of ad spend for most media companies (by large.)

There was also a report done that showed 7 of the 10 largest pharma companies in this country spent more money on marketing and sales, than they did on research and development (all by a few billion dollars.)
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 12:44:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Mr_Nasty99:

There was also a report done that showed 7 of the 10 largest pharma companies in this country spent more money on marketing and sales, than they did on research and development (all by a few billion dollars.)
View All Quotes

Ayup.  The federal government funds a lot of the R&D I’d like to see actual numbers on that.
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 12:49:00 PM EDT
[#30]

Ayup.  The federal government funds a lot of the R&D I’d like to see actual numbers on that.
View All Quotes

https://www.ahip.org/news/articles/new-study-in-the-midst-of-covid-19-crisis-7-out-of-10-big-pharma-companies-spent-more-on-sales-and-marketing-than-r-d

Of the 10 drug manufacturers examined, 7 of them spent more on selling and marketing expenses than they did on research and development. For this group of 10 companies alone, selling and marketing expenses exceeded R&D spending by $36 billion, or 37%.

Of particular note:

-Abbvie, which manufactures branded drugs like Humira®, spent $11 billion on sales and marketing in 2020, compared with $8 billion on R&D.

-Bayer, which manufactures branded drugs like Xarelto® (codeveloped with Johnson & Johnson) and Eylea®, spent $18 billion on sales and marketing, compared to $8 billion on R&D.

-Johnson & Johnson, which manufactures branded drugs like Xarelto® (codeveloped with Bayer) and Stelara®, spent $22 billion on sales and marketing, compared to $12 billion on research and development.
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 1:02:29 PM EDT
[#31]

https://www.ahip.org/news/articles/new-study-in-the-midst-of-covid-19-crisis-7-out-of-10-big-pharma-companies-spent-more-on-sales-and-marketing-than-r-d

Of the 10 drug manufacturers examined, 7 of them spent more on selling and marketing expenses than they did on research and development. For this group of 10 companies alone, selling and marketing expenses exceeded R&D spending by $36 billion, or 37%.

Of particular note:

-Abbvie, which manufactures branded drugs like Humira®, spent $11 billion on sales and marketing in 2020, compared with $8 billion on R&D.

-Bayer, which manufactures branded drugs like Xarelto® (codeveloped with Johnson & Johnson) and Eylea®, spent $18 billion on sales and marketing, compared to $8 billion on R&D.

-Johnson & Johnson, which manufactures branded drugs like Xarelto® (codeveloped with Bayer) and Stelara®, spent $22 billion on sales and marketing, compared to $12 billion on research and development.

Interesting

I found this as well concerning tax payer/fed funding of R&D.  https://www.ineteconomics.org/perspectives/blog/us-tax-dollars-funded-every-new-pharmaceutical-in-the-last-decade
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 1:05:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Many of you folks speak ill against big pharma, you will sing a different tune when one of your loved ones develops cancer, in that case you will want the best SotA wonder drugs. The current crop of mRNA COVID-19 vaccines is one of them, my nephew has a PhD in bio-chem, and I asked him about it the COVID vaccines, and he said that vaccines only has the proteins that stimulate the body's immune system to fight the virus, but the vaccines does not have the complete protein package to make you ill. Many of you believe what you read in the general news media, many of that is BS written by English majors. The mRNA vaccine technology is the SotA in vaccines and it is unlike the technology of older vaccines.
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 1:06:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By mbonnie:

I don't believe you. Please convince me by identifying some of these great mRNA treatments.
View Quote

Google it yourself and look up mRNA vaccines in Youtube.
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 1:14:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By warlord:
Many of you folks speak ill against big pharma, you will sing a different tune when one of your loved ones develops cancer, in that case you will want the best SotA wonder drugs. The current crop of mRNA COVID-19 vaccines is one of them, my nephew has a PhD in bio-chem, and I asked him about it the COVID vaccines, and he said that vaccines only has the proteins that stimulate the body's immune system to fight the virus, but the vaccines does not have the complete protein package to make you ill. Many of you believe what you read in the general news media, many of that is BS written by English majors. The mRNA vaccine technology is the SotA in vaccines and it is unlike the technology of older vaccines.
View Quote

I believe big pharma can do, and has done, incredible things to help people. I also believe big pharma is corrupt and uses its influence to create its own demand.  

I feel the same way about the US Government.
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 2:01:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Duck_Hunt] [#35]

I believe big pharma can do, and has done, incredible things to help people. I also believe big pharma is corrupt and uses its influence to create its own demand.  

View All Quotes

Bruh.. 60% of a civilization having a chronic illness is like normal bro. 1 in 4.28 people being on psychiatric drugs is perfectly fine and normal bro. Move along there’s nothing to see here.. go back to the ball game and sitcom  
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 2:10:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Laetrile is a cheap cancer prevention and slows or halts the cancer growth
Pulled off the market.
It worked too well I suppose
It is in apricot kernels and some people eat them to keep cancer away
If you think this is crazy just remember chemotherapy is often no more than 2% effective
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 2:33:59 PM EDT
[#37]

Bruh.. 60% of a civilization having a chronic illness is like normal bro. 1 in 4.28 people being on psychiatric drugs is perfectly fine and normal bro. Move along there’s nothing to see here.. go back to the ball game and sitcom  
View All Quotes

What percentage of that do you attribute to shitty diets and shit ingredients being put into foods? Add that to the percentage of people that you think are misdiagnosed/over diagnosed because the doctor can technically check a box and medicaid will pay for it? Then add how many are included in that number that couldn't have been diagnosed 30 years ago because detection wasn't possible without the technology we have today?

Diet and exercise make doctors and pharma $0. Finding a way to diagnose a patient and develop a treatment plan keeps doctors and pharma in business.
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 2:50:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Duck_Hunt] [#38]

What percentage of that do you attribute to shitty diets and shit ingredients being put into foods? Add that to the percentage of people that you think are misdiagnosed/over diagnosed because the doctor can technically check a box and medicaid will pay for it? Then add how many are included in that number that couldn't have been diagnosed 30 years ago because detection wasn't possible without the technology we have today?

Diet and exercise make doctors and pharma $0. Finding a way to diagnose a patient and develop a treatment plan keeps doctors and pharma in business.
View All Quotes

Ayup.  

I’ll touch on it again since it’s brought up frequently… and that’s ‘exercise’.  Americans are over the global median of 6.1hrs of exercise per week, yet are one of the most unhealthy populations on the planet.

When it comes to ‘exercise’ What really matters is general physical movement.  Here is a scenario -  If you work a desk job for 40hrs a week, exercise for 6hrs a week, and watch football on the weekends, ride the couch and an zero turn mower once a week.. you are living a largely sedentary lifestyle.   If you are physically active in everyday life.. walk to get the mail, make instead of buy, move as much as you can at work, split wood by hand, dig post holes by hand, push mow the yard, walk to the garden to manually pull weeds, actually move in the kitchen cooking your food instead of popping in the microwave, walk to check the cows, don’t sit on your duff all weekend etc and do zero exercise.. you are not living a sedentary lifestyle.  

Link Posted: 9/10/2024 2:51:10 PM EDT
[#39]
I'm convinced they want us to be sick as long as possible to maximize profits versus wanting us dead.

Dead workers provide no value or cash
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 2:57:53 PM EDT
[#40]

Ayup.  

I’ll touch on it again since it’s brought up frequently… and that’s ‘exercise’.  Americans are over the global median of 6.1hrs of exercise per week, yet are one of the most unhealthy populations on the planet.

When it comes to ‘exercise’ What really matters is general physical movement.  Here is a scenario -  If you work a desk job for 40hrs a week, exercise for 6hrs a week, and watch football on the weekends, ride the couch and an zero turn mower once a week.. you are living a largely sedentary lifestyle.   If you are physically active in everyday life.. walk to get the mail, make instead of buy, move as much as you can at work, split wood by hand, dig post holes by hand, push mow the yard, walk to the garden to manually pull weeds, walk to check the cows, don’t sit on your duff all weekend etc and do zero exercise.. you are not living a sedentary lifestyle.  

View All Quotes

Ayup.  

When it comes to ‘exercise’ What really matters is general physical movement.  Here is a scenario -  If you work a desk job for 40hrs a week, exercise for 6hrs a week, and watch football on the weekends, ride the couch and an zero turn mower once a week.. you are living a largely sedentary lifestyle.   If you are physically active in everyday life.. walk to get the mail, make instead of buy, move as much as you can at work, split wood by hand, dig post holes by hand, push mow the yard, walk to the garden to manually pull weeds, walk to check the cows, don’t sit on your duff all weekend etc and do zero exercise.. you are not living a sedentary lifestyle.  

Just like every other statistic the government puts out, it's completely made up.

I don't believe Americans are more unhealthy than most of the world. I believe our fat people are extremely fat compared to the world and greatly skew the statistics, but I don't think most people fall into that category. I think the average American is very close to the average European.

It's similar to the statistic that the average American net worth is $1.2million while the the median net worth is $192k. The only difference is that you can't find any data on the median weight of Americans.
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 2:59:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By pzilla:
I’m not convinced they’re trying to kill us but it’s reasonable to believe that they aren’t out to cure us of anything.

Joe Rogan had a former pharmaceutical salesman on his podcast a couple of years ago. He opened my mind to the notion that their business benefits (profits) from having people reliant on pharma to treat conditions. Those same profits go down when people no longer need pharmaceutical solutions.

I encourage all to apply your own critical thinking for any conclusions.  However, I can not defend them or their business model.
View Quote

FPNI again.
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 3:11:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Duck_Hunt] [#42]

Just like every other statistic the government puts out, it's completely made up.

I don't believe Americans are more unhealthy than most of the world. I believe our fat people are extremely fat compared to the world and greatly skew the statistics, but I don't think most people fall into that category. I think the average American is very close to the average European.

It's similar to the statistic that the average American net worth is $1.2million while the the median net worth is $192k. The only difference is that you can't find any data on the median weight of Americans.
View All Quotes

Ayup.  

Of course we are very similar to ‘western’ Europeans.. they are apart of the global western network of corporations.  You really have to look outside the western countries that are bought and paid for by agriculture and pharma.  That being said there are a small hand full of chemicals that are banned in Europe(due to public outcries) that aren’t here.

It’s no secret that people in western culture are largely sedentary.

Eta: recently someone sent us one of those gift box subscriptions where they send you food from different countries.  Our first box was from South Africa… literally it was all shit food with shit ingredients made by the same companies we have here. I bet they will all be like that but we’ll see.

Link Posted: 9/10/2024 3:12:40 PM EDT
[#43]
They help a lot of people.

However, no medicine comes without a price.  That price is side effects or barely discernable long term effects.   Just look at aspirin or Tylenol.  Simple every day meds that can ruin your life.  

Link Posted: 9/10/2024 3:17:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Is Big Pharma trying to kill us for profit?

I didn't think that before Covid.  I now realize I should have.   Yeah, it sure looks like it.

Link Posted: 9/10/2024 3:27:30 PM EDT
[#45]

Of course we are very similar to ‘western’ Europeans.. they are apart of the global western network of corporations.  You really have to look outside the western countries that are bought and paid for by agriculture and pharma.  That being said there are a small hand full of chemicals that are banned in Europe(due to public outcries) that aren’t here.

Eta: recently someone sent us one of those gift box subscriptions where they send you food from different countries.  Our first box was from South Africa… literally it was all shit food with shit ingredients made by the same companies we have here. I bet they will all be like that but we’ll see.

View All Quotes

Ayup.  

I agree our food is shit and contributes to people being unhealthy.
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 3:39:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By ExFed1811:
Is Big Pharma trying to kill us for profit?

I didn't think that before Covid.  I now realize I should have.   Yeah, it sure looks like it.

View Quote

Follow the money

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 5:38:02 PM EDT
[#47]

Ayup.  

I'll touch on it again since it's brought up frequently  and that's 'exercise'.  Americans are over the global median of 6.1hrs of exercise per week, yet are one of the most unhealthy populations on the planet.

When it comes to 'exercise' What really matters is general physical movement.  Here is a scenario -  If you work a desk job for 40hrs a week, exercise for 6hrs a week, and watch football on the weekends, ride the couch and an zero turn mower once a week.. you are living a largely sedentary lifestyle.   If you are physically active in everyday life.. walk to get the mail, make instead of buy, move as much as you can at work, split wood by hand, dig post holes by hand, push mow the yard, walk to the garden to manually pull weeds, actually move in the kitchen cooking your food instead of popping in the microwave, walk to check the cows, don't sit on your duff all weekend etc and do zero exercise.. you are not living a sedentary lifestyle.  

View Quote
This is huge. I'm pretty sure there are studies that show hitting the treadmill every day for 30min is totally offset by sitting in a cubicle all day.

I've started to add low effort movement throughout the day. Have to leave my cubicle to take a leak? I walk down the hall and back 2-3 times before I actually go to the bathroom. Sit there for a couple hours? Go walk for 5 minutes. Every Sunday I spend a couple hours in the kitchen doing meal prep- I'll stir the pan and go pace around the house for a few minutes.

Motion = life. If you aren't moving, you're dying.
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 5:40:29 PM EDT
[#48]
RFK Jr just told Tucker that the most valuable commodity in the world is a sick child. Pharma will be making money that entire kids life.
He's not wrong.
None of them are interesting in fixing anything, just treating symptoms, then treating whatever symptoms arise from the first treatment and on and on.
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 5:42:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By DarkStar:

cures have been suppressed in the name of profit.

View Quote

Really?  Like what?
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 6:36:09 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Mr_Woodsy:
RFK Jr just told Tucker that the most valuable commodity in the world is a sick child. Pharma will be making money that entire kids life.
He's not wrong.
None of them are interesting in fixing anything, just treating symptoms, then treating whatever symptoms arise from the first treatment and on and on.
View Quote

Aren’t tranny kids worth a couple million each, if they start medically transitioning during adolescence?
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top