BCM
User Panel

What did Sitka do? (Page 2 of 4)
Page / 4
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 8:14:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By FG24U:

It’s just another pattern. It was in the Scheel’s ad.
View Quote

What is the pattern?
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 8:16:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 8:18:45 PM EDT
[#3]
He tended to catch a pie in the face

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 8:19:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By wsix:

What is the pattern?
View Quote

I tossed the circular. It’s darker with some bright greens.
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 8:23:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Meh, Kuiu are in line with our values, for now.
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 8:24:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By JTX23:

I have nothing specific with either of these companies but I know the company I worked for bragged about forcing suppliers and contractors to join them in discriminatory practices based on race and gender.  

Not saying anything like that happened here but it is a real thing that is propagating throughout corporate "america".
View Quote

Vendor DEI is definitely a thing.
Demanding to inspect the racial makeup of your largest customer's workforce is not a thing AFAIK.
If it were, I'd have a blowout sale on their crap and then denounce them loudly and proudly as soon as I was done selling the shit off.
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 8:27:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: agb104983] [#7]

What is the pattern?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FG24U:

It’s just another pattern. It was in the Scheel’s ad.

What is the pattern?

Attachment Attached File

It’s called cover.  Kind of looks like a cross between open country and elevated II with some big green splotches put in there.  It’s supposed to be designed for more of a early season hunting pattern when there is still a lot of greenery out

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/8/2024 8:27:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By mannyCA:
Meh, Kuiu are in line with our values, for now.
View Quote

SG, Kuiu, Forloh and I still think Firstlite has value.

Sitka stuff has sucked for a few years.
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 8:30:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Caboose314:
Tag, because cheap Sitka gear sounds tempting...

but I wanna know what they did first
View Quote

Cheap Kuiu gear sounds more interesting, but I’ll check it out. Thanks OP.
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 8:32:50 PM EDT
[#10]
30% off fucking expensive is still expensive
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 8:33:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Notcalifornialegal:

I don't think they're THAT pissed since it's only 30% off.

Pissed sure.

But the level of the discount alludes to it being a business and not moral issue.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Aimless:
Damn euro Optic is pissed

Pissed sure.

But the level of the discount alludes to it being a business and not moral issue.

IDK…that 30% is likely their markup profit.
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 8:33:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 8:35:15 PM EDT
[#13]
They should bring back the Wall of Shame, and put the full explanation on it like they used to.
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 8:40:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Could be as simple as Sitka slashed prices on their own site to make room for new product line and left Europtic holding mounds of older stuff at higher prices, unable to sell it.
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 8:43:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By sakohntr:
Is all of Sitka's gear made in China? I avoid Commies at every opportunity.
View Quote

I thought it was made in Vietnam like a bunch of the other premium brands.

John Dudley left Sitka also and is endorsing Origin camo which is made in the USA. Only bad thing is the only camo patterns they have are two versions of a Tiger Stripe type camo.
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 8:49:08 PM EDT
[#16]
There have been some openings of Sitka brand stores in major cities.     No doubt compeating with all of there dealers and if ero optics was the largest.  sitka may be trying to fase our some of there dealers...   🤔     or changing the dealer agreement to less favorable terms

Link Posted: 9/8/2024 8:55:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Pallas] [#17]
Originally Posted By Blaster7R:
There have been some openings of Sitka brand stores in major cities.     No doubt compeating with all of there dealers and if ero optics was the largest.  sitka may be trying to fase our some of there dealers...   🤔     or changing the dealer agreement to less favorable terms

View Quote

Arcteryx hung dealers out to dry too with their BS civ sales policy. It’s fucking clothing, not eye burning lasers or whatever.

Either way, EO is good people, I’m inclined to side with them.
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 8:59:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Foxtrot08:

View Quote

I have tons of gear from Kuiu, Sitka and Firstlite. Sitka gear is hands down the best imo. From fit, quality etc it’s my favorite. The cost of it has pretty much made me say fuck that and use kuiu and firstlite. Plus those last two have good solids so I can use it for more than just field stuff.
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 9:00:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Still too much for me lol
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 9:03:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Anyone have a EO code, see if they stack?
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 9:04:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By gunner76:

John Dudley left Sitka also and is endorsing Origin camo which is made in the USA. Only bad thing is the only camo patterns they have are two versions of a Tiger Stripe type camo.
View Quote

Origin is good stuff.

I own some of their BJJ GI's and Rash Guards. Not super thrilled about those patterns, but I will definitely buy one of their Hunting Jackets when they introduce new ones.
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 9:16:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By RePp:

I have tons of gear from Kuiu, Sitka and Firstlite. Sitka gear is hands down the best imo. From fit, quality etc it’s my favorite. The cost of it has pretty much made me say fuck that and use kuiu and firstlite. Plus those last two have good solids so I can use it for more than just field stuff.
View All Quotes

The only thing I liked a lot from Stika was their gloves.

I bought Stika gloves, I swear probably in 2012.

Those fucking things are still perfect. They’re the only glove I’ve ever found that fits my hand absolutely perfectly.

I have an SG pack,  Kuiu & Firstlite base layers, mid layers.  Outer wear wise, it’s almost all Firstlite because my thighs are too big for Kuiu. I have 3 pairs of Kuiu pants and I have to go up at least 1, if not 2 sizes to get the pants to fit my thighs.
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 9:17:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Kid_Sampson:

Origin is good stuff.

I own some of their BJJ GI's and Rash Guards. Not super thrilled about those patterns, but I will definitely buy one of their Hunting Jackets when they introduce new ones.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By gunner76:

Origin is good stuff.

My origin Hoodie shrunk.

I bought an XL. It’s now a very very small Large.  I buy hoodies to be loose. Not skin tight.
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 9:17:53 PM EDT
[#24]

Pissed sure.

View All Quotes
Damn euro Optic is pissed

Pissed sure.

It's ALL business. No need to take a loss to display one's high morality.
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 9:18:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RePp] [#25]

Those fucking things are still perfect. They’re the only glove I’ve ever found that fits my hand absolutely perfectly.

I have an SG pack,  Kuiu & Firstlite base layers, mid layers.  Outer wear wise, it’s almost all Firstlite because my thighs are too big for Kuiu. I have 3 pairs of Kuiu pants and I have to go up at least 1, if not 2 sizes to get the pants to fit my thighs.
View Quote

My kuiu sizes are like two sizes bigger than my firstlite and sitka is right in the middle where most things fit. Kuius sizing must be made for starving runners.
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 9:21:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Euro optic probably isn't mad about Gore Tex's sweat shop rules
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By L_JE:
Originally Posted By SkullFarmer:
Originally Posted By odiedodi:
Originally Posted By SkullFarmer:
Probably some woke/DEI bullshit they've tried to push on their dealers/distributors if I had to guess.

If that's the case, I can't find anything public anywhere.

This is on Sitka's website, but it's light on detail beyond the normal platitudes.

You, uh, think this is because of their social responsibility page?
Euro optic probably isn't mad about Gore Tex's sweat shop rules

Yeah, I'm having a hard time seeing how anyone could be upset over their social responsibility statement.
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 9:21:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By PNFLDS:
High priced chinese garbage, no love lost here.
View Quote

Umm…
Maybe a few more seasons with the gear in unforgiving conditions?
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 9:26:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Over $500 dollars for a Made in China hunting parka that probably costs $5 to make. LMAO.

I gladly pay more, when I can, for items that are made in the US, Canada, or Europe.  I refuse to pay more just because a brand puts their name on it.

More for you guys I guess.
View Quote
Like what?
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 9:32:12 PM EDT
[#29]
30% off is still too fucking expensive
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 9:38:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By madmathew:
Like what?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By madmathew:
Over $500 dollars for a Made in China hunting parka that probably costs $5 to make. LMAO.

I gladly pay more, when I can, for items that are made in the US, Canada, or Europe.  I refuse to pay more just because a brand puts their name on it.

More for you guys I guess.
Like what?

My Leupold Mark 5 HD.

My Origin BJJ equipment.

My Red Wing boots.

My Yoder Pellet Smoker.

My Ferragamo belts and wallet.

It's not always possible (i.e. electronics) but as I said. When I can, I avoid chinesium.
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 10:03:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: green_bullet] [#31]

Meh, looks a lot like their Subalpine to me with some added greenery. Which, I do like more greenery. Wake me when they bring Ground Forest to the U.S.

Odd I'm only seeing this on printed materials. Nothing on forums really, except a bit back in March. Nothing on Sitka's website
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 10:11:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Seems like when I see messages or statements like that posted it's usually a money and/or integrity issue. EuroOptic has a pretty good reputation so my gut is to lean towards their side. Hopefully more details come out eventually
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 10:16:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bikedamon] [#33]

My kuiu sizes are like two sizes bigger than my firstlite and sitka is right in the middle where most things fit. Kuius sizing must be made for starving runners.
View All Quotes

I mostly use Kuiu and love it but their sizing is whack.  Weird that a hunting company would size clothes around vegetarian Europeans, or seems to at least.
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 10:18:24 PM EDT
[#34]
back in 2018 they had a lead salesman who was apparently anti gun according to the interwebs.
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 10:22:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Jakezor:
30% off fucking expensive is still expensive
View Quote

This is kinda what I was thinking
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 10:22:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By TechOps:
Anyone have a EO code, see if they stack?
View Quote

My veterans discount did NOT stack
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 10:39:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Am I seeing this correctly that seems like EuroOptic is butthurt that Sitka chose Scheels to launch the new camo pattern even though EuroOptic is their largest dealer?
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 10:39:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By oscardeuce:
He tended to catch a pie in the face

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/307202/IMG_4095_jpeg-3317025.JPG
View Quote

First thing I thought of when I saw the name.
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 10:55:09 PM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

Same. Firstlite seems cheap and Kuiu fits me horribly. I don't know if I have the weirdest proportions on earth, but an XL in Sitka is a 3XL in Kuiu and I'll have 6" of extra arm length sticking out. It's not just because I'm a heavy boy, because it's also tight around my shoulders/chest/upper arms or thighs/ass. Several of my Kuiu jackets ride up too
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 10:58:07 PM EDT
[#40]
30% is still profit for EO, I would assume.

The outfitter discount is 40% and they regularly send me another 15% off on top of that. I wouldn't pay full price for Sitka, but 50% off does it for me. I love their duck hunting gear, specifically. It's always well thought out (pockets, clips, length, etc) and insulated in the right areas or thin in others. I feel like they actually asked hunters what they wanted, tried it out, and revised as needed.
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 10:59:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By MattR:

Same. Firstlite seems cheap and Kuiu fits me horribly. I don't know if I have the weirdest proportions on earth, but an XL in Sitka is a 3XL in Kuiu and I'll have 6" of extra arm length sticking out. It's not just because I'm a heavy boy, because it's also tight around my shoulders/chest/upper arms or thighs/ass. Several of my Kuiu jackets ride up too
View Quote

That is odd. In most street outerwear I’m a large. In Kuiu and Sitka I’m XL in both. The Kuiu is just bit slimmer than Sitka.
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 11:10:07 PM EDT
[#42]
I got my first set of Sitka gear way back in the early 2000's. I have put at least 1k miles on the pants and the 90% jacket. Still going strong 20 years later.

If you think the clothes are expensive, you generally get what you pay for with this stuff.

I couldn't imagine 7 days in the Backcountry doing miles on foot in wranglers, so much more comfort and thoughtful designs. Makes life much better
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 11:16:44 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

I love kuiu and have a ton of kuiu shit. But their sizing is all fucked. I think a lot of it had to do with when they finally starting making size small, and then added shit all the way up to XXL (don't get me started in that ridiculousness)
Both pics are two garments of the same productand size. Only difference is one is hooded and the other isn't.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 11:19:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: OregonShooter] [#44]
Originally Posted By bikedamon:

I mostly use Kuiu and love it but their sizing is whack.  Weird that a hunting company would size clothes around vegetarian Europeans, or seems to at least.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bikedamon:

Kuiu was started as mountain hunting brand for people that wanted high quality alternatives to the mountain hiking clothing available at the time. Of course, the founder also started Sitka in 2005. I think the expectation was that buyers would be very lean folks.

Sitka had become a well-known hunting brand. But Hairston yearned to create higher-performance “extreme hunting” apparel for use in the mountains. He became increasingly disenchanted with the retail model Sitka followed. The competitive demands of retail pricing structures stifled his visions of mountain-worthy gear.

Before Sitka Kuiu and First Lite there was commercial hunting clothing designed for rednecks in Alabama hunting out of Deer blinds or WWII surplus wool trousers combined with a plaid wool coat for big game hunting in cold regions.

The difference in wearing Kuiu while hunting on steep ground is incredible.
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 11:32:36 PM EDT
[#45]
What does Sitka make in China? The stuff I have says Vietnam.
Link Posted: 9/9/2024 12:35:11 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By mk4dubbin:

I love kuiu and have a ton of kuiu shit. But their sizing is all fucked. I think a lot of it had to do with when they finally starting making size small, and then added shit all the way up to XXL (don't get me started in that ridiculousness)
Both pics are two garments of the same productand size. Only difference is one is hooded and the other isn't.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/145358/20231115_161825_jpg-3317199.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/145358/20221106_145954_jpg-3317201.JPG
View Quote

Wow dude that’s wild. I can’t believe they are so inconsistent in the same item just with a hood. I wish I could get Sitka gear in kuius colors for firstlite cost.
Link Posted: 9/9/2024 12:37:31 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By OregonShooter:

Kuiu was started as mountain hunting brand for people that wanted high quality alternatives to the mountain hiking clothing available at the time. Of course, the founder also started Sitka in 2005. I think the expectation was that buyers would be very lean folks.

Before Sitka Kuiu and First Lite there was commercial hunting clothing designed for rednecks in Alabama hunting out of Deer blinds or WWII surplus wool trousers combined with a plaid wool coat for big game hunting in cold regions.

The difference in wearing Kuiu while hunting on steep ground is incredible.
View Quote

Man back in the day it was arcteryx, north face etc for the long hunts in the mountains. We’re spoiled big time now.
Link Posted: 9/9/2024 12:43:52 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Pallas:
I like EO and I prefer Kuiu anyway.

Wasn't impressed with mine, they went a little too crazy on the internal storage pockets, which takes up a lot of useable space. Their range bag is really nice.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Pallas:
I like EO and I prefer Kuiu anyway.
Eberlestock pack

Wasn't impressed with mine, they went a little too crazy on the internal storage pockets, which takes up a lot of useable space. Their range bag is really nice.

Kuiu makes FAR better apparel than sitka.
Eberlestock packs are a fucking joke.
Kuiu packs are just this side of shitty.

Exo, SG, or hell even MR packs are not even in the same universe as eberlestock or kuiu
Link Posted: 9/9/2024 12:52:41 AM EDT
[#49]
I've been wanting one of their black Jet Stream jackets for awhile now.  This is as cheap as I will ever likely find it so I fent.  

I have Sitka stuff and I like it so...plus it's a MT company.
Link Posted: 9/9/2024 12:54:32 AM EDT
[#50]
Following this. Hate to see such a fallout for two companies I like.
Page / 4
What did Sitka do? (Page 2 of 4)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top