User Panel

What did Sitka do? (Page 3 of 4)
Page / 4
Link Posted: 9/9/2024 1:32:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Sitka? He was the 4th Stooge.
Link Posted: 9/9/2024 1:51:05 AM EDT
[#2]
daily reminder that vietnam is a marxist, godless society and you're doing the world a disservice by trading with them

micro china, i don't know why they get a pass on everything
Link Posted: 9/9/2024 2:25:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By magane:
daily reminder that vietnam is a marxist, godless society and you're doing the world a disservice by trading with them

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/9/2024 7:37:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FG24U] [#4]
Originally Posted By M4DUDE:
Am I seeing this correctly that seems like EuroOptic is butthurt that Sitka chose Scheels to launch the new camo pattern even though EuroOptic is their largest dealer?
View Quote

No.

It’s more likely the retail stores being opened. I noticed there was a Sitka store “coming soon” at Mall of Somalia over the weekend.
Link Posted: 9/9/2024 7:40:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By SkullFarmer:
Several years ago they came out against drilling in ANWR, but I'm curious as to what's happened more recently.  Probably some woke/DEI bullshit they've tried to push on their dealers/distributors if I had to guess.
View Quote

Too many white Christian males on Eurooptic’s board would be my guess.
Link Posted: 9/9/2024 7:42:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Notcalifornialegal:

I don't think they're THAT pissed since it's only 30% off.

Pissed sure.

But the level of the discount alludes to it being a business and not moral issue.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Notcalifornialegal:
Originally Posted By Aimless:
Damn euro Optic is pissed

I don't think they're THAT pissed since it's only 30% off.

Pissed sure.

But the level of the discount alludes to it being a business and not moral issue.

So they should be “pissed” enough to sell it at a loss and hurt the company and everyone that works there. Got it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2024 9:35:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By MattR:

Same. Firstlite seems cheap and Kuiu fits me horribly. I don't know if I have the weirdest proportions on earth, but an XL in Sitka is a 3XL in Kuiu and I'll have 6" of extra arm length sticking out. It's not just because I'm a heavy boy, because it's also tight around my shoulders/chest/upper arms or thighs/ass. Several of my Kuiu jackets ride up too
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RePp:

I have tons of gear from Kuiu, Sitka and Firstlite. Sitka gear is hands down the best imo. From fit, quality etc it’s my favorite. The cost of it has pretty much made me say fuck that and use kuiu and firstlite. Plus those last two have good solids so I can use it for more than just field stuff.

Same. Firstlite seems cheap and Kuiu fits me horribly. I don't know if I have the weirdest proportions on earth, but an XL in Sitka is a 3XL in Kuiu and I'll have 6" of extra arm length sticking out. It's not just because I'm a heavy boy, because it's also tight around my shoulders/chest/upper arms or thighs/ass. Several of my Kuiu jackets ride up too

I love all my Kuiu stuff but it's the only XXL jacket I own & I had to hem the arm length, so they weren't too long.  Other than that, along with sizing up a size or two their stuff works great for me.
Link Posted: 9/9/2024 9:48:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Hobs98:

No shit.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Hobs98:
Originally Posted By Moxy:
I had to look out of curiosity and will now return to my people, the Poors.

No shit.
Yup.

Back to Cabela's brand but really it's Wal-Mart.
Link Posted: 9/9/2024 9:51:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WrightP] [#9]
Originally Posted By Pinetree77:
I'm assuming it's something political or Sitka had some business agreement with EuroOptic and fucked them over
View Quote

I thought they were taking all of their gear in house and selling through their brick and mortar and also online site only... But I'm sure I'm wrong.

With that noted, Their Delta Wading jacket is the best rain jacket I've ever owned.
Link Posted: 9/9/2024 9:57:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By wookie1562:

Why is this company even named Sitka lol

https://i.imgur.com/uKHkZHv.png

View All Quotes

LOL only because I've learned this is how it works.
Link Posted: 9/9/2024 10:04:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/9/2024 10:14:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Is Sitka's hunting clothing still made in China and Vietnam?
Link Posted: 9/9/2024 10:35:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By turbobrick:
SG absolutely makes a better pack, and their base layers are great, but Sitka makes some outstanding clothing.  Having owned an Eberlestock pack, they don't even deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as SG or Sitka, and their clothing is nothing special.
View Quote

This is absolutely true.  I have a mix of First Lite, Kuiu, and Sitka clothing and Sitka knocks everything else out of the park.  Every detail is designed in a way that is useful, tough, and purposeful.
Their Mountain Pant is the absolute best hunting pant out there for temps under 60 degrees.  The only time I wear something else is when I'm wearing all merino (First Lite) for the scent and sound reduction.
My Sitka Kelvin is my warmest jacket by about 100%, it's simply a furnace and still is packable.  I can easily pack it into a spot in my daypack and put it on once I start to cool off.

I have a few of their inner items as well and they're on par with First Lite and Kuiu, but for outerwear Sitka is easily the best out there.
Stone Glacier and especially Eberlestock don't compare with Sitka clothing.
Link Posted: 9/9/2024 10:46:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By WildBoar:
EuroOotic is a name I forgot about.

They have Steiner P4Xi for 599. Tempting but I just miss the 450 dollar days of them. Hell I'd grab one for 500

I really love that scooe
View Quote

Man, seems like a long time ago now
Link Posted: 9/9/2024 10:49:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By mudholestomper:

So they should be “pissed” enough to sell it at a loss and hurt the company and everyone that works there. Got it.
View Quote

There is no way they are taking a loss at 30% off.  They're making less, but they'd $500 pants can't cost $400 to make and store in a warehouse.
Link Posted: 9/9/2024 10:54:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Kolat:
Stone glacier and eberlestock are better and cheaper.
View Quote

Eberlestock is shit tier
Link Posted: 9/9/2024 11:09:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By turbobrick:
SG absolutely makes a better pack, and their base layers are great, but Sitka makes some outstanding clothing.  Having owned an Eberlestock pack, they don't even deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as SG or Sitka, and their clothing is nothing special.
View Quote

Agreed.  Eberlestock has a weird fan club.  Had 2 packs and sent them back.
Link Posted: 9/9/2024 11:09:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RePp] [#18]
Originally Posted By dsotm82:

Eberlestock is shit tier
View Quote

They are the worst. I got a pack to try at PRS matches and I was blown away how cheap and poorly designed it was. The people that pimp their stuff must have never tried a good pack or collecting a check from them.  Back to mystery ranch or kifaru.
Link Posted: 9/9/2024 12:58:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Macchina:

This is absolutely true.  I have a mix of First Lite, Kuiu, and Sitka clothing and Sitka knocks everything else out of the park.  Every detail is designed in a way that is useful, tough, and purposeful.
Their Mountain Pant is the absolute best hunting pant out there for temps under 60 degrees.  The only time I wear something else is when I'm wearing all merino (First Lite) for the scent and sound reduction.
My Sitka Kelvin is my warmest jacket by about 100%, it's simply a furnace and still is packable.  I can easily pack it into a spot in my daypack and put it on once I start to cool off.

I have a few of their inner items as well and they're on par with First Lite and Kuiu, but for outerwear Sitka is easily the best out there.
Stone Glacier and especially Eberlestock don't compare with Sitka clothing.
View Quote
I fully agree for outer layers especially.  People who haven't hunted/had hard field use of technical clothing, this stuff all seems overpriced.  My Sitka has been flawless, I shop in the offseason or buy used, and its really reasonable if you do your homework.  I have both Stone Glacier, Sitka, and Kuiu merino and synthetic base and mid layers, I mix them up for the hunt I'm on.  I really like the SG merino base layers, they are on par with Sitka and Kuiu.  For mid layers, Kuiu just flat works for me, I just have to order two sizes bigger than normal.  My Kuiu Super Down Pro jacket and pants are better than the SG I originally had, and leaps better than the First Lite.  The Sitka Jetstream jacket and Mountain pants are both those perfect tools that you have confidence in, I know as long as I have them, I probably won't get hypothermia.  I'll continue to buy from Sitka, SG, and Kuiu, but I'm probably leaning toward Kuiu for everything but outer layers.
Link Posted: 9/9/2024 2:18:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: oscardeuce] [#20]
Originally Posted By KA3B:
Sitka? He was the 4th Stooge.
View Quote

@KA3B

Beat you!
Page 2 3rd post

Never doubt my Stooge-fu
Link Posted: 9/9/2024 2:36:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dodgedthecoathangers] [#21]
Originally Posted By PNFLDS:
High priced chinese garbage, no love lost here.
View Quote

High priced…yeah…garbage…no.  They make quality gear.

Being able to get 10+ years out of gear that spends 100+ days a year in nasty briar thickets is amazing.  It’s even nicer when things like pockets are intelligently laid out.  I’m not a Sitka all the things person by any stretch…but their upland panda, and cold weather inferno gear is hard to beat when it comes to quality.
Link Posted: 9/9/2024 5:06:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Damn... In this thread I learned that I'm the only one still wearing woodland BDU's for hunting.
Link Posted: 9/9/2024 5:10:26 PM EDT
[#23]

They are the worst. I got a pack to try at PRS matches and I was blown away how cheap and poorly designed it was. The people that pimp their stuff must have never tried a good pack or collecting a check from them.  Back to mystery ranch or kifaru.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dsotm82:

Eberlestock is shit tier

Exo mountain n gear makes a kick ass pack. Made in Boise Idaho.
Link Posted: 9/9/2024 5:17:31 PM EDT
[#24]
If you see anything referencing "Stakeholders" know it's a Woke DEI commie bullshit
Link Posted: 9/9/2024 5:20:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Interesting.

For packs Kifaru is king. I one of  their lost park parkas and it’s amazing.

I wonder what they exactly did.
Link Posted: 9/9/2024 5:29:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By SmokeEater2:
Damn... In this thread I learned that I'm the only one still wearing woodland BDU's for hunting.
View Quote

...I'm in Multicam
Link Posted: 9/9/2024 5:58:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By mleaky:

...I'm in Multicam
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mleaky:
Originally Posted By SmokeEater2:

...I'm in Multicam
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/9/2024 6:33:29 PM EDT
[#28]
At this rate i'm just going to have to call EuroOptic and see what the scoop is
Link Posted: 9/9/2024 6:44:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By magane:
daily reminder that vietnam Connecticut is a marxist, godless society and you're doing the world Union a disservice by trading with them

View Quote

FIFY

Link Posted: 9/9/2024 6:55:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Shooter66] [#30]
Love my Sitka gear. Comfy and warm.   Really really want some Kuiu gear but their stuff is made for the tall  people with no ass or thighs.  If you are built like a fire plug or the least bit chunky Kuiu is not your brand.  

Kuiu has a store in Dallas so why wouldn’t Sitka follow suit and go retail.  If it wasn’t for the Dallas store I would have never found out that Kuiu T shirts and Hoodies are the only thing of theirs I can wear.  This prevented me from having to find that out by ordering and then returning a bunch of shit that didn’t fit.
Link Posted: 9/9/2024 6:59:33 PM EDT
[#31]
God I hate Bozeman and every single faggot in it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2024 7:03:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By sakohntr:
Is all of Sitka's gear made in China? I avoid Commies at every opportunity.
View Quote

Vietnam.

With one contractor in Italy, and one in Colombia.
Link Posted: 9/9/2024 8:35:32 PM EDT
[#33]
This is just rumors I’ve read. People are saying Sitka is going DTC with their own stores. They will only sell outside of them to a few other distributors. Like I said, this is just chatter that I read today.
Link Posted: 9/9/2024 8:57:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Krauss:
Interesting.

For packs Kifaru is king. I one of  their lost park parkas and it’s amazing.

I wonder what they exactly did.
View Quote

I’ve got tons of Kuiu clothing and one Kifaru pack. That pack is fantastic!
I had an Eberlestock pack about 15 years ago, it was a total POS back then! Couldn’t sell it off fast enough.
Link Posted: 9/9/2024 9:10:24 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

Lanham MD fits in there quite well
Link Posted: 9/9/2024 9:13:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Blaster7R] [#36]
Originally Posted By optimator:
This is just rumors I’ve read. People are saying Sitka is going DTC with their own stores. They will only sell outside of them to a few other distributors. Like I said, this is just chatter that I read today.
View Quote

that is my assumption..  they are opening a store in Charlotte in the fall...  I saw none of there stuff in Charlotte Bass Pro on Saturday and they are not listed on there Sitka websight anymore.    But Greenville SC bass Pro about 1 hr away is still listed in Sitka websight..  

I am kind of surprised Ero Optic is there #1 retailer.  as they are kind of a gun community nitch and have a low socal media presence..  

there are definitely more retailers that can take the brand more main stream...  

and I love ero optics and have spent tens of thousands of dollars with them 😆
Link Posted: 9/9/2024 9:14:39 PM EDT
[#37]
I have been getting a bunch of emails from SG lately but for Midwestern hunting they need to make some camo.
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 5:44:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By seaskidoo:

Kuiu makes FAR better apparel than sitka.
Eberlestock packs are a fucking joke.
Kuiu packs are just this side of shitty.

Exo, SG, or hell even MR packs are not even in the same universe as eberlestock or kuiu
View Quote

Agree on the pack comment.

Apparel on the other hand...Kuiu makes some good gear, but so does Sitka. I hate a few pieces that I've gotten from Kuiu. The attack pants wont last 15 minutes in any brush. The Kenai jacket I bought was piling after one outing. I know it's more of an insulating layer, but still... They claimed both of those were "normal wear" and no warranty.

They did fix my Yukon zipper that wouldn't work after a half season. I also HATE my Guide jacket due to the sleeve length and how tight it is on the deltoid area.

Sikta fits me well and I haven't had the same issues with their gear. To be fair, I use the Sitka stuff more for duck hunting out of a boat or blind rather than busting through brush...but it is used much more often and abused with freezing temps, constant soaking, mud, etc. There are pieces for both that I like and ones that I don't, but from my experience....Sitka isn't that far behind (if at all).
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 5:48:57 PM EDT
[#39]
A local retailer has Sitka on sale too, 25% off. Odd time of year for them to have anything hunting related on sale.
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 7:02:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By TinSpinner:
A local retailer has Sitka on sale too, 25% off. Odd time of year for them to have anything hunting related on sale.
View Quote

how close to the new atlanta store are you?  

would not suprise me if they where pulling retailers that where within a certain distance of there new stores..
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 7:19:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By homeyclaus:

Vietnam.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By homeyclaus:
Originally Posted By sakohntr:
Is all of Sitka's gear made in China? I avoid Commies at every opportunity.

Vietnam.

Half of my Sitka stuff is made in El Salvador.
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 7:40:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Matt_The_Hokie:
Half of my Sitka stuff is made in El Salvador.
View Quote

If Kamala gets elected they will be forced to move the factory to the US after thier workers get here...
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 8:45:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By TinSpinner:
View Quote

Seems like everyone is running sales on all sorts of brands.
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 9:55:31 PM EDT
[#44]

Agree on the pack comment.

Apparel on the other hand...Kuiu makes some good gear, but so does Sitka. I hate a few pieces that I've gotten from Kuiu. The attack pants wont last 15 minutes in any brush. The Kenai jacket I bought was piling after one outing. I know it's more of an insulating layer, but still... They claimed both of those were "normal wear" and no warranty.

They did fix my Yukon zipper that wouldn't work after a half season. I also HATE my Guide jacket due to the sleeve length and how tight it is on the deltoid area.

Sikta fits me well and I haven't had the same issues with their gear. To be fair, I use the Sitka stuff more for duck hunting out of a boat or blind rather than busting through brush...but it is used much more often and abused with freezing temps, constant soaking, mud, etc. There are pieces for both that I like and ones that I don't, but from my experience....Sitka isn't that far behind (if at all).
View Quote

Sorry to hear you had poor experiences with Kuiu.
I've got their Alpine Pro pants (no longer made) and a similar newer model but with a different name. Both have been utterly bomb proof.
No tears despite many seasons of near constant bushwacking through the elk/deer woods.
I usually use the Alpine pro pants for all my backpacking trips too. No issues.
The only holes are from embers at the fire.

I'm definitely their target for sizing though. Average height, skinny as fuck. Works out well for me.

Some of my sitka stuff has been great. Most has been so-so and passed on to other folks.
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 9:57:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By mudholestomper:

Too many white Christian males on Eurooptic’s board would be my guess.
View Quote

That’s never a problem.
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 10:34:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Looks like Mountain Archery might be dropping them too.  All Sitka stuff is on clearance sale.

Did anyone find out what Sitka did?

Link Posted: 9/11/2024 10:40:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RePp] [#47]
Originally Posted By spunk2:
Looks like Mountain Archery might be dropping them too.  All Sitka stuff is on clearance sale.

Did anyone find out what Sitka did?

View Quote

They are changing how they do business and opening up their own stores. That plus releasing a new pattern. Sitka is always having sales and promotions. Hell the guide discount they hand out like candy is 40% off. I’m sure they are still making money at that so until they are discounting like. 50% or more it’s nothing really. I’m betting the opening their own stores and going direct to consumer pissed the distributors ff.
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 11:52:07 PM EDT
[#48]
I was in the Sitka BZN store during Christmas and they told me that the new color pattern was for "Eastern Woods."
They didn't have any of it in the store, so I never saw it.  
I think the their Elevated II pattern is absolutely great for late season dead grass / snow of the open Montana range.  I know it's not designed for that but the colors are spot on.  A poor man's version of it that's pretty close, is Huntworth Disruption.

If I had $500 bucks burning a hole in my pocket and I hunted in cold windy country, I'd get that Sitka Fanatic jacket.  Warmest garmet I've ever put on.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 6:53:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: LeadBreakfast] [#49]

They are changing how they do business and opening up their own stores
. That plus releasing a new pattern. Sitka is always having sales and promotions. Hell the guide discount they hand out like candy is 40% off. I’m sure they are still making money at that so until they are discounting like. 50% or more it’s nothing really. I’m betting the opening their own stores and going direct to consumer pissed the distributors ff.
View Quote

Just some conjecture here, but Sitka probably finally figured out that the majority of their buyers use their clothes as fashion accessories. They're a lifestyle brand at this point. Most people I see wearing Sitka or with a sticker on their vehicle want the "hunting lifestyle" aesthetic or whatever but are a one weekend a year rifle opener deer hunter in an elevated heated blind type of hunter. That's fine but it doesn't require any fancy gear. I see more people wearing Sitka stuff in public (presumably to signal that they're "country/redneck" and affluent) than I do in the field. Everyone in my circles hunts, a couple guys guide, etc. The only guys I personally know that wear it are city guys that come to the country to hunt or kids that wear it around constantly. No mindful hunter gets their good gear smelly by wearing it to school, on a date or to work.

Full transparency: I dont own any Sitka gear and, while I love quality stuff, I have no desire to spend Sitka levels of money on clothes made entirely in other countries. I don't require the technology that is put into it so it wouldn't give me any additional advantage. I would gladly fork over their full MSRP if the gear was made in USA by patriots.

ETA: if that's the case it's a shame but the precedent for this was set long ago with Abercrombie and we have seen it again over the last 3 decades with Cabela's. I don't expect this type of thing to fo away in our modern era of MBA penny pinching procedures.  

As stated above, solely conjecture but it wouldn't be the first time a company became a shell of its former self in the name of profit. I still want to know "the rest of the story" and suspect someone will be along soon with insider info.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 7:24:45 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By LeadBreakfast:

Just some conjecture here, but Sitka probably finally figured out that the majority of their buyers use their clothes as fashion accessories. They're a lifestyle brand at this point. Most people I see wearing Sitka or with a sticker on their vehicle want the "hunting lifestyle" aesthetic or whatever but are a one weekend a year rifle opener deer hunter in an elevated heated blind type of hunter. That's fine but it doesn't require any fancy gear. I see more people wearing Sitka stuff in public (presumably to signal that they're "country/redneck" and affluent) than I do in the field. Everyone in my circles hunts, a couple guys guide, etc. The only guys I personally know that wear it are city guys that come to the country to hunt or kids that wear it around constantly. No mindful hunter gets their good gear smelly by wearing it to school, on a date or to work.

Full transparency: I dont own any Sitka gear and, while I love quality stuff, I have no desire to spend Sitka levels of money on clothes made entirely in other countries. I don't require the technology that is put into it so it wouldn't give me any additional advantage. I would gladly fork over their full MSRP if the gear was made in USA by patriots.
View Quote

I see just the opposite. I use Kuiu, Sitka, and Asbell Wool to hunt in. That is the only place I wear it. Hunting.

My small circle of serious hunters are the same way. Wearing Sitka out on the town would be ridiculous.

I USE those premium brands because they fill a niche' that matters to me. I spent a lifetime hunting in crappy Walmart clothes or Army surplus cotton junk.

Between October and January, I hunt about 40 days. I appreciate quality gear.
Page / 4
What did Sitka do? (Page 3 of 4)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top