Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 7:03:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Gunner226:

No, but stop using the "if drugs were legal people wouldn't die" argument. It's obviously false. If you want to legalize drugs that's fine, but at least be man enough to say you're okay with people - including kids - dying from it because freedom is supposed to be scary.

Legalizing doesn't stop deaths or reduce crime or reduce the use of other, still-illegal drugs. In fact it seems to have had the opposite effect in Michigan. Just admit that the death and crime is a price you're willing to pay for the freedom to get high and move on.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Cypher214:

So ban alcohol too, right?  Because it has killed a metric fuckton more kids than weed ever has or will.

No, but stop using the "if drugs were legal people wouldn't die" argument. It's obviously false. If you want to legalize drugs that's fine, but at least be man enough to say you're okay with people - including kids - dying from it because freedom is supposed to be scary.

Legalizing doesn't stop deaths or reduce crime or reduce the use of other, still-illegal drugs. In fact it seems to have had the opposite effect in Michigan. Just admit that the death and crime is a price you're willing to pay for the freedom to get high and move on.

Bullshit. Legalizing it means more transparency in the contents and less ODs. It also greatly reduces violence of the illicit drug trade, ya know the violence inherent in black markets…
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 7:08:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Similar thing happened to my Ex's cousin.  Smoked weed laced with LSD and went nuts and started thinking he was an orange.  They still have him locked up in a mental institution.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 7:15:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Badlatitude:

This. Laced weed is also boomer bullshit
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Golden-Arm:
Originally Posted By Stantonizm:
This reads like FB fake news that elderly people post.

sounds like it. someone laced some weed, and only one person is affected? nobody else in the town experienced anything similar? sounds like bullshit to me.

Perhaps boomers came up with “wet,” but if you’re saying marijuana laced with other crap is a boomer myth, you’re smoking too much of something…
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 7:23:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By DDiggler:
Let this be a lesson to everyone.

Learn to grow your own supply so you know it's safe.

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 7:45:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 7:52:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By xerxes2695:

If legal and regulated it wouldn’t be contaminated with fentanyl or whatever.

See 24 states.
View Quote

You may want to look into that a little more, now that it isn’t a hypothetical.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 7:53:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By badredfish:
This popped up in my Book of Faces feed....
View Quote

So why the fuck are you spamming that bullshit here?  
Ban OP.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 7:55:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By MK3110:

Bullshit. Legalizing it means more transparency in the contents and less ODs. It also greatly reduces violence of the illicit drug trade, ya know the violence inherent in black markets…
View Quote

Totally agree.

Silkroad was a good example how buyers and sellers had to be transparent since Silkroad had a feedback system like Ebay.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 7:56:34 AM EDT
[#9]
I was a hell no when she asked to TAKE THE CAR TO THE PARK TO SMOKE WEED.  So drive somewhere, get fucked up, then drive home.  Great values to teach your kid.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 7:56:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Dunderway:
Similar thing happened to my Ex's cousin.  Smoked weed laced with LSD and went nuts and started thinking he was an orange.  They still have him locked up in a mental institution.
View Quote

How does one smoke LSD?

Not how that works at all.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 8:01:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Jay561:

How does one smoke LSD?

View All Quotes

How does one smoke LSD?

Stop it. you can’t reach ‘em.
The families go with the craziest shit to avoid the gorilla in the room that’s always the family member with way more issues than they want to admit.

Link Posted: 9/12/2024 8:09:31 AM EDT
[#12]

How does one smoke LSD?

View Quote
It really happened.  She told me!
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 8:10:04 AM EDT
[#13]

How does one smoke LSD?

View All Quotes

How does one smoke LSD?

Yeah I thought the heat pretty much instantly destroyed the molecule or something to that effect.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 8:15:49 AM EDT
[#14]
The sooner boomers quit Facebook, the better off we will be as a nation.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 8:21:44 AM EDT
[#15]
FB is a metastatic cancer.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 8:22:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Mom should thank her lucky stars her daughter is only retarded enough to scare herself and not so retarded that she died from it. Daughter needs to choose her friends more carefully.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 8:27:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Drugs are a self correcting problem. My Dad had the solution and he didn't like big .gov getting bigger. It was when crack was hitting the scene bigly. He said to have the .gov go into crack production on a WW2 scale. Dump it on every street corner for free. 90 days later-problem solved.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 8:31:42 AM EDT
[#18]
Lol....read this last night here and didn't have the heart to post anything sarcastic, as per usual. So instead, I'll just say here are the facts.

1. Weed is not "legal" in any state. Federal law always trumps state law. Not talking Delta 8 here, just good bud. It is simply decriminalized in the same way that a sanctuary city refuses to help ICE with an illegal invader. Refusal to prosecute does not a real law make.

2. If it was decriminalized in the state this happened, and purchased from a dispensary, there would have been no additional chemicals in it as they are run thru a lab. All of my packets have the lab name and the results of the tests and the actual THC content listed on them. (though this is a bullshit story anyways)

3. If it was decriminalized in this state that this probably didn't occur in, you would have to be 21 or over to purchase. Not a high school age girl.

4. The imaginary parent of the imaginary girl this happened to is retarded. Not like with an extra chromosome, but like so fucking stupid as to be even worse than that.

5. Interjecting my opinion here, but OP is either utilizing the same large spoon as I to stir the pot or is deathly afraid of the pot needles.

Oh, and 1 more thing.

Originally Posted By badredfish:

Ari then did a week of outpatient therapy at Wolfsons, to help with the trauma and anxiety she was experiencing.  
View Quote

They shoulda just let her smoke some weed to help with that anxiety.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 8:34:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Palm] [#19]
One of the big arguments for legal weed is that weed grown, processed, and is monitored so that additional drugs are not spiked in. Your state will be voting on Proposition 3 (I believe) in November which is legalization of weed. Spiking weed is becoming a thing in the illegal drug trade.  

You should be seeing more of these stories in the coming week in an attempt to sway voters to approve recreational pot.

I personally am a supporter of recreational pot. The way we handle it now does not make any sense if you consider all the money we spend on enforcement and prosecution of weed smokers. It is not changing behavior; but only making a few rich off of the court efforts.

I am tired of spending tax money with no benefit or no change in behavior that benefits society.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 8:35:03 AM EDT
[#20]
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 8:35:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Glocked] [#21]
View Quote

Doubtful. It was far more likely Sherm, and he voluntarily did it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 8:37:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: wally910] [#22]
Memorial Hospital is not downtown. There’s a clue. I also grew up here in Jax which is essentially where this story purports to be from (Julington Creek is just south of the Duval County line). There have always been drugs in high schools here (as I expect would be true of anywhere else), including at the big three private schools, Bolles, Episcopal, and Kenny, and kids have always gotten too drunk, too high, etc. If the author of this story is really perplexed about drugs being in affluent neighborhoods (JC is not that affluent by the way), then he or she has been living under a rock.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 8:48:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Jack_Dempsey:

Perhaps boomers came up with “wet,” but if you’re saying marijuana laced with other crap is a boomer myth, you’re smoking too much of something…
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jack_Dempsey:

sounds like it. someone laced some weed, and only one person is affected? nobody else in the town experienced anything similar? sounds like bullshit to me.

Most aren’t say it’s a myth. The “myth” is that it happens accidentally or with any regularity. Telling mommy, daddy, police, and healthcare providers. “I just smoked a little weed and OMG it must have been laced” is far more common than admitting they knowingly chose to use hard drugs.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 8:48:58 AM EDT
[#24]

View All Quotes

So ban alcohol too, right?  Because it has killed a metric fuckton more kids than weed ever has or will.

Obviously.  I gave weed an honest try and don't like it but it damn sure shouldn't be regulated the same as meth.  People die all the time from their personal choices and more government involvement is not the answer.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 8:58:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AgeOne] [#25]

View Quote

the fuck it does.

these things all turn into money laundering ops for cartels.

big time out here.

take in tons of cash, $100 for a joints worth, bull crap.

while the money comes in off the street from selling hard drugs.

state is happy to collect taxes on it and brags how great a program it is. meanwhile people are OD'ing everywhere from the blue fentanyl pills and the cash goes right into the weed shops with a receipt.

OP's repost is bull, but the whole weed industry is fucking corrupt from day one, its practically built into it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 9:06:11 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By magane:
FWD:FWD:FWD
View Quote

This.  But it also shows why weed should be legal.  Buying from a dispensary instead of sketchy dealers seems a lot safer.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 9:13:37 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By AgeOne:

the fuck it does.

big time out here.

state is happy to collect taxes on it and brags how great a program it is. meanwhile people are OD'ing everywhere from the blue fentanyl pills and the cash goes right into the weed shops with a receipt.

OP's repost is bull, but the whole weed industry is fucking corrupt from day one, it’s practically built into it.
View All Quotes

the fuck it does.

big time out here.

OP's repost is bull, but the whole weed industry is fucking corrupt from day one, it’s practically built into it.

Like the laws and requirements, it varies from state to state.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 9:16:08 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Triplelocked:

This.  But it also shows why weed should be legal.  Buying from a dispensary instead of sketchy dealers seems a lot safer.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Triplelocked:

Buying it from Walmart next to the liquor/beer section and taxed at normal rates with only an ID needed for age verification is probably safest.

You can throw it in your buggy with your OTC 3-pack of claymores and BOGO M249s.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 9:21:13 AM EDT
[#29]
True or not the border needs to be closed to stop fentanyl from pouring in.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 9:27:07 AM EDT
[#30]
If OP would have drawn the conclusion that we need to invade Mexico and kill every member of the cartels for poisoning our children, he would have been correct.

Instead, he foolishly blame cannabis.  

OP, if I put poison in your soda and die.  Did I kill you, did the Poison kill you or did the soda kill you?  Cause you are blaming the soda.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 9:30:52 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Herewego:
If OP would have drawn the conclusion that we need to invade Mexico and kill every member of the cartels for poisoning our children, he would have been correct.

Instead, he foolishly blame cannabis.  

OP, if I put poison in your soda and die.  Did I kill you, did the Poison kill you or did the soda kill you?  Cause you are blaming the soda.
View Quote

Best damn comparison. And even still, soda kills more people a year than weed does.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 9:37:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TaylorAcoustic] [#32]

View Quote

This. High schoolers aren’t lacing weed with fentanyl, and all of the other kids that smoked it would have been entirely f*cked up as well.

ETA: if there was fentanyl, synthetic or otherwise, in the weed, the kid would’ve tested positive for opiates at the hospital.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 9:44:30 AM EDT
[#33]
Parents give in and stop being a parent or never was a parent seeking to be a friend.
Horse $hit. My older sister succumbed to this style of parenting.

Kids will make poor to bad decisions no matter what. Parents, do you want to reduce the danger that some of these decisions pose or do you want to be a friend?
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 9:57:40 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By wienerman1961:
Drugs are a self correcting problem. My Dad had the solution and he didn't like big .gov getting bigger. It was when crack was hitting the scene bigly. He said to have the .gov go into crack production on a WW2 scale. Dump it on every street corner for free. 90 days later-problem solved.
View Quote

Well it's entirely possible that they actually did just that. Not free, but provided it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 9:58:09 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By BillofRights:
I want to know, what did this Karen do to punish her Own daughter?  

That part was strangely left out.  
View Quote

If that really happened, the girl already received a harsh punishment.

It sounds fishy.  Why was that girl the only one affected?
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 10:08:00 AM EDT
[#36]
Reminds me of a guy about 20 years back. He was passed out in an alley behind a bar on Sunday afternoon. Been there since the night before. When they found him , he was 4 times the legal limit for alcohol, organs were shutting down. That’s after 12 plus hours in an alley. Ended up in the hospital and swore up and down he hadn’t drank that much, someone must have spiked his drink.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 10:10:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Hatari] [#37]
So, her daughter does drugs (which she appears to condone based “(Yes, the weed that is legal in several states, and the media portrays as a recreational drug that does no harm.)” but she wants the other kids charged?

The most disturbing part of this is that o.p. uses facebook and openly admits it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 10:18:28 AM EDT
[#38]
View Quote

And the hospital didn't even "flush her out"?
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 10:36:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HandtoHandWombat] [#39]
Originally Posted By CenterMass762:

Yep. Fear porn for old people.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CenterMass762:

Yep. Fear porn for old people.

Attachment Attached File

Eta: GOT DAYUMN JAZZ CABBAGE
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 10:42:40 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 12:19:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Glocked:

Doubtful. It was far more likely Sherm, and he voluntarily did it.
View Quote
Was just joking.  Guy ODs on LSD and thinks he's an orange for the rest of his life, is an urban legend that's been around since the 60s.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 12:42:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By AeroE:

Do you smoke lots of pot to know that?

View Quote

It exists, but historically it's something end-users do on purpose, not something weed dealers do to unsuspecting customers.

We had a thread not long ago about this and every credible story was somebody hitting a random joint from a stranger at a concert or something.

Fentanyl changes things, mostly just because the consequences are so much worse, but fortunately nobody has to buy black market weed anymore.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 12:48:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Facebook. 'Nuff said.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 12:51:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Ditch weed is wild hemp plants that are probably the result of the commercial production of hemp from years ago. Very low THC. Commonly found in ditches in the Midwest, thus the name.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 12:54:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Fwd:fwd:fwd:fwd:fwd:
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 12:55:04 PM EDT
[#46]
Yes, the weed that is legal in several states,
View Quote
If the story is true, then legal weed is not to blame. Legal dispensaries don't sell weed laced with fentanyl.

Shit on the street is a whole different story.

And no I don't smoke weed.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 12:58:57 PM EDT
[#47]
DAMN ELECTRIC LETTUCE STONERS RIDING AROUND BLASTING THEIR HIP HOPS MUSIC AND SHOOTING UP ALL THE JOBS
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 1:00:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Riiiiiight, and just as Florida is voting for legal weed.  I totally believe this story.

Hey dumbasses, when people can buy the shit from a dispensary, they don't end up with fentanyl-laced garbage.
View Quote

BINGO
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 1:03:37 PM EDT
[#49]
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/12/2024 1:12:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Master_Shake] [#50]

the fuck it does.

big time out here.

OP's repost is bull, but the whole weed industry is fucking corrupt from day one, its practically built into it.
View Quote

Where I live (one of the first state's to legalize) the money just isn't there anymore for the cartels to have any sort of interest. The gold rush for weed is years behind us now and pot shops are closing up left and right.  

When weed became legal here there was so much money involved. People started growing, opening dispensaries, opening businesses selling grow equipment, and over the course of years the industry became extremely saturated and the bottom fell out.

The cartels are in it to make money, and previously for weed this meant that they'd set up shop on Gov land in some remote are of the woods and they'd essentially grow outdoor using slave labor which results in a pretty sub-par product.

Right now pot shops are closing down and my guess is the industry is at a point of consolidation with little growth. Every other guy I know who smokes has a couple plants growing in his garage or barn. The cartels could literally make more money 3D printing Warhammer miniatures let alone dealing with their actual revenue streams like narcotics/extortion/human trafficking/etc
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top