BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 7:49:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Morlawn66:
She knew way too many details about select questions, her narrative always picked up real fast in response to the questions.
She knew the dirty shit to interject, she was coached by the best .
View Quote

She may have ear buds…

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/nova-audioearrings/audio-earrings-earphones-made-earrings
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 8:08:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By CarmelBytheSea:

For those impressed by her performance what question or questions did she actually answer?
View Quote

none, she was graded primarily on no "word salad" and she smoked that, she was well rehearsed as if she knew the answer before the questions were asked.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 8:08:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Primecube:
Top 5 Moments:

PS: I love Nicole Shanahan!!

View Quote

I didn't watch the debate, but he is not close to wrong with what he said.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 10:20:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Did the Fetterman/Oz Pa Senate debate matter at all?

Fetterman could hardly speak at the time due to a debilitating stroke yet he "won" the election fairly handily.

BTW - Trump did really well watching some of the highlights.  

Link Posted: 9/12/2024 10:33:59 AM EDT
[#5]
The question is should Trump debate her again? If he does what should he change?
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 10:42:50 AM EDT
[#6]
The media spin machine has been weird on this one.  Makes me wonder what they have up their sleeves
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 10:42:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: fargo007] [#7]
A debate is not a zero sum game. One person can clearly "lose" without the other person actually "winning," and that's what happened here IMHO.

For instance, Trump seems to have literally benefited in terms of swinging voters to him.

Reuters (left of center) focus group of 10 undecided and six out of ten break for Trump, Three for Harris, and one remains undecided.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/some-undecided-voters-not-convinced-by-harris-after-debate-with-trump-2024-09-11/
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 10:48:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By pineywoodsbuck:

none, she was graded primarily on no "word salad" and she smoked that, she was well rehearsed as if she knew the answer before the questions were asked.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By pineywoodsbuck:
Originally Posted By CarmelBytheSea:

For those impressed by her performance what question or questions did she actually answer?

Imagine that! She absolutely knew the questions ahead of time, she didn't answer many of them though. The questions were just a cue to her to go off on a tangent to attack Trump. Even CNN is calling her out on not answering the questions.

Link Posted: 9/12/2024 10:50:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By fargo007:
A debate is not a zero sum game. One person can clearly "lose" without the other person actually "winning," and that's what happened here IMHO.

For instance, Trump seems to have literally benefited in terms of swinging voters to him.

Reuters (left of center) focus group of 10 undecided and six out of ten break for Trump, Three for Harris, and one remains undecided.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/some-undecided-voters-not-convinced-by-harris-after-debate-with-trump-2024-09-11/
View Quote

People who exist on MSM heard Trump make valid points that the bubble wouldn't normally allow .
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 10:51:10 AM EDT
[#10]
It was made to generate soundbites and "gotcha" situations that can be taken out of context and spoon fed to low information people on both sides of the aisle.

Link Posted: 9/12/2024 12:11:46 PM EDT
[#11]
I dunno.

While yes, I agree DJT gave much more substantive responses, and in effect should technically have won, your average village idiot isn't listening with a critical ear like you and many on our side were. Yes, her responses were canned and full of hot air, but it was the 5th grader level dumbed down kind of emotional reasoning that appeals to lefties.

Combined with DJT taking the bait on a couple of the jabs and getting sidetracked, it was a much more evenly matched debate than it is in a technical regard when you listen with a critical ear and apply nuance to each individual topic.

For example, the topic of abortion. DJT did a fair job of explaining that it should be a states rights issue, that he's proud to have made that happen, and that it is much more easily changed by the will of the people at the state level than federal. He even admitted that he thinks some pro-life stances of some states are extreme for his own views, and that it may take some time for each state to work out where their line is, but overall it is better that it is now at the state level where it can be more easily changed by the will of the people in each state, to reach an agreeable line in the sand. Then, Kamala just took the emotional route and pulled a emotional Greta Thunberg-esque "how dare you", which is all the lefties need to reject every point DJT made on the topic. Technically, DJT had a much more defined and well reasoned response to the question, and should have therefore counted that topic as a win for him, but does that matter? I dunno.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 12:25:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By fender_fella:
I would encourage everyone to watch it again.  Last night I thought that DJT had screwed up and lost.  Then I watched again tonight knowing what to expect.  Here's what I see:
Trump not only won, he kicked her ass.  After watching and more importantly listening, it's really obvious.  Kamala is simply an actress reciting rehearsed lines.  Her emotional facial expressions were all coached and contrived.  Yes she threw in a couple of bait questions that Trump fell for, but it is really obvious if you listen to when she did it.  To deflect her failure!  Trump was stoic and factual. The moderators are activists and on second viewing you will see that very clearly.  It really was 3 on 1.  They fed her talking points.  It's shocking how bad they did when you view it a second time.

I came away from this thinking that American history will be very kind to Donald Trump.  He has no equal in modern politics.  He will win.
View Quote

Thank you. I did too And I was like wait a minute. Did I watch a different debate the first time. I think he did very well. I think she lied the whole way through and her smug attitude was off putting to people.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 12:28:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By JLAudio:

It was for anyone that thinks Trump won and it was a good night for him. It was a preventable disaster but Trump is too much of a man baby and egomaniac that he let a comment about rally crowd sizes get under his skin. It was pathetic to watch. He should have never run again for the 2024 election but his ego and desire for retribution got the best of him.

Republicans should have nominated DeSantis and let him seek revenge. I have no choice to vote Trump because Kamala and the authoritarianism, loss of gun rights, and Marxist policies are a no go for me.

If he loses in November there is only one person to blame: Donald Trump. And with how things are going he'll likely end up in jail.

View Quote

What world are you living in. It doesn’t matter who the hell we run from our side they will do the same thing. They are too far into it now. They will not back off. They are out in the open they can’t afford to lose.  They’ve done too much illegal stuff. Guess who you think for forcing their hand and exposing them? That’s right. Donald Trump. Everybody would still be asleep at the wheel
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 1:22:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NoFnNamesLeft] [#14]
Originally Posted By wspe1:
The question is should Trump debate her again? If he does what should he change?
View Quote

He should draw upon his experience in the business world, and speak to her like a C-suite executive that’s been “out to lunch” for 3.5 years, and just walked into a performance review, cocky and expecting a promotion while her entire division is tanking.

Call out her dramatic clown expressions, and ask her if that’s her plan to get through negotiations with tough, hardened leaders.

There was a searing counter attack available for nearly everything that came out of her mouth, yet a majority went unchecked. Scribble on the notepad as these points come up, and address them systematically in retort. Her weak ass would temper her tongue as soon as $T even looks at his pen.

Address her diversion and denial in regards to things that people see with their own eyes (crime increases, financial hardships, for example) as living in a bubble and disconnected from reality, regardless of what her ringmasters are telling her. Connect with the People who are feeling it too (everyone), and ask if they’re seriously considering a continuation of the previous 3.5 years.  Make the People feel the last few years, and kick that flaming bag of shit over to her podium.

Don’t stand there like a dumbass when the Hyena is repeating the words “Trump abortion ban”, in reference to individual State’s laws. Use the opportunity to provide to her a remedial lesson in US Government structure, the Constitution, and the role of the FedGov.

Call out that the only reason Dementia Joe is still “in power” (use finger quotes), and they haven’t put her in the president position right now, is that her own party knows she will do so poorly that it would destroy the entire party that stood behind her.

Her reaction to, and neglecting to retort to the Marxist comments should have resulted in tearing off that scab, and dousing it with brake cleaner spray.  Poll the “undecided” voters, and see how they respond to Marxism. Poll the Democrats too; while many have social issues that drive their thought, there’s plenty of Blue boomers that are old enough to know what that means. Paint her as the next Joseph Stalin.

Use “Joe’s Border Czar” as often as practical. Immigration is one of the few things we can hang squarely around her neck. Make her carry that yoke.
If she denies being border czar ( we all saw the headlines when she was named it); ask her when and  under what circumstances she was fired from that role.

If he can get her flustered, she will detonate live on stage. It’s how bitches operate.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 2:02:32 PM EDT
[#15]
That was the conclusion I was getting while watching it. Trump kicked her ass and it wasn't close at all. These doomers saying Kamala is gonna win because of the other night have no clue what they are talking about, they went in with this nearly masochistic doomer mindset almost wanting Kamala to win.

It's very obvious they have demoralized a lot of the right over the last few years.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 2:04:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Just saw an article saying Trump is up 14 points with moderates and 19 points with Latinos after the debate.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 2:05:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By JLAudio:
Trump didn't win, Trump got bitch smacked and spanked. I honestly don't understand how anyone could come to any other conclusion than that. It was a horrible night for him. Why the F does he talk about rally crowd sizes? Why did he take her bait? He's like a man child.

and before you say "but muh 3 on 1, it was a tag team". Don't care. If you're complaining about the refs then you're a b*tch.
View Quote

I keep saying this dumb shit "he took the bait bro" what do you mean he took the bait? All he did the entire time was tell the truth and all she did was lie. She claimed to be pro gun, he pointed out she ripped off his entire platform, he pointed out her bullshit several times. He pointed out how bad the economy has been since 2021, he pointed out how she's currently in power not doing jack shit and yet making all these promises...

It's like, you guys go into a debate with Trump, expect him to not act like Trump, and then cry when he does acting like he lost for some reason. Trump easily won the other night. Stop with the fucking doomerism.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 2:08:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Speedwinder] [#18]
I understand now why she's calling for a second debate.  She needs it!
View Quote

If Trump is smart, he will let Karmella slip into obscurity, with no second debate.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 2:08:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By NoFnNamesLeft:

He should draw upon his experience in the business world, and speak to her like a C-suite executive that’s been “out to lunch” for 3.5 years, and just walked into a performance review, cocky and expecting a promotion while her entire division is tanking.

Call out her dramatic clown expressions, and ask her if that’s her plan to get through negotiations with tough, hardened leaders.

There was a searing counter attack available for nearly everything that came out of her mouth, yet a majority went unchecked. Scribble on the notepad as these points come up, and address them systematically in retort. Her weak ass would temper her tongue as soon as $T even looks at his pen.

Address her diversion and denial in regards to things that people see with their own eyes (crime increases, financial hardships, for example) as living in a bubble and disconnected from reality, regardless of what her ringmasters are telling her. Connect with the People who are feeling it too (everyone), and ask if they’re seriously considering a continuation of the previous 3.5 years.  Make the People feel the last few years, and kick that flaming bag of shit over to her podium.

Don’t stand there like a dumbass when the Hyena is repeating the words “Trump abortion ban”, in reference to individual State’s laws. Use the opportunity to provide to her a remedial lesson in US Government structure, the Constitution, and the role of the FedGov.

Call out that the only reason Dementia Joe is still “in power” (use finger quotes), and they haven’t put her in the president position right now, is that her own party knows she will do so poorly that it would destroy the entire party that stood behind her.

Her reaction to, and neglecting to retort to the Marxist comments should have resulted in tearing off that scab, and dousing it with brake cleaner spray.  Poll the “undecided” voters, and see how they respond to Marxism. Poll the Democrats too; while many have social issues that drive their thought, there’s plenty of Blue boomers that are old enough to know what that means. Paint her as the next Joseph Stalin.

Use “Joe’s Border Czar” as often as practical. Immigration is one of the few things we can hang squarely around her neck. Make her carry that yoke.
If she denies being border czar ( we all saw the headlines when she was named it); ask her when and  under what circumstances she was fired from that role.

If he can get her flustered, she will detonate live on stage. It’s how bitches operate.
View Quote

This x 1000
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 2:14:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Speedwinder:

If Trump is smart, he will let Karmella slip into obscurity, with no second debate.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
I understand now why she's calling for a second debate.  She needs it!

She would never agree to it but he should challenge her to an immediate debate or joint press conference on the spot next time they are together for a photo op like yesterday.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 3:43:38 PM EDT
[#21]
As I said in another thread T$ did a semi-lackluster performance to get the cocky dems to agree to another
debate.He didn't give totally straight answers because he's saving some ammo for a cnn or fox debate.
To be honest cnn was fair and a week or so ago I flipped the sirius/xm to cnn and they had several ppl.
on absolutely trashing biden/harris over afghanistan.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 3:45:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By EBR-Okie:

I tried, but bailed about two minutes in. I can not stand the sound of her voice. It's worse than fingernails on a chalkboard.
View Quote

Her smug fucking face had me turn it off.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 3:45:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Network_Daddy] [#23]
Originally Posted By wspe1:
View Quote

Keep it together if she makes fun of his rallies or some other insignificant thing like that.  He was in control until she got under his skin, and it took him a while to get it back together.  If he had avoided that, and stuck to hammering the failures of the Biden policies, he would have had a fatality.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 3:54:24 PM EDT
[#24]
OP is missing the big picture.

What defines a “win” in a debate?  

Most of the population has their mind made up.  But there is a (small) portion that is up in the air.  A “win” is convincing a larger portion of undecideds to cast their vote for you.  Going back and keeping score is stupid, the game is already over.  The people they were trying to reach aren’t going back for a second look.

The other “win” is firing up your base, that didn’t happen either.  Most Trump voters came away feeling like things went poorly.  

If that is how they felt and he didn’t win people over, he lost.  

She baited him to act like a narcissist, talking about people leaving his rallies from boredom and other little ego jabs and he jumped all over it and got defensive.  All he had to do was force her to take positions to win, he has a better platform.  But he didn’t and he lost because she just kept him talking.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 4:02:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Maybe other than being deeply N_T people believe kamala "won" because she was a snarky asshole talking rude shit to Trump all night and for the most part Trump took it or never really pulled her pants down with a signature Trump retort.

Even though she acted a turd all night basically with impunity she never did actually impart any important information about her potential leadership and it seemed to me her nastiness ramped up as the night went on... which is not a great look for an asshole who says she wants to turn the page and bring the country together..
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 4:12:41 PM EDT
[#26]
I agree with this.  There were no great home runs but he was consistent.  She was all nothing but lies.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 4:32:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Elvis121:
Both the Smug Commie Moron's side and the Narcissistic Clown's side think they won.  I think America lost the debate if this is the best the two party cult can put up to keep people distracted from the farce that modern government and elections have become.  

I am anti-communist, so I'll vote for the Clown, but I'm under no illusion that the swamp will let him make much difference.  Actually I think him winning and the swamp going full on insurgency is the only thing that might wake up the democrats who aren't actually communists, but only under the spell of the media propaganda.
View Quote

Pretty much how I see it. If Trump manages to eek out a win it will just be a speed bump on the down ramp to hell.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 4:47:40 PM EDT
[#28]
I can't watch leftists on TV... I'd throw a brick through the screen in about 3 nanoseconds.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 6:18:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Finally watched it for the 1st time today. I was surprised as I didn't find it to be nearly as bad as all the nancies here claimed it was. Also saw that the independent voters overwhelmingly sided with Trump during the debate.
Link Posted: 9/12/2024 7:57:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AtLarge] [#30]

View Quote

Trump is right again as usual. She’s irrelevant and everyone is on to her.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top