BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 6:43:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CaliContractor] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 545days:

There are 708,000 full time police officers in the United States, plus a shit load of reserves and part time.  If only 1% are bad apples that is more than 7,000 bad cops.

It is not surprising that we hear about bad cops regularly, especially when Internet algorithms choose the news you receive.

One of the communist's goals was to destroy the American people's faith in their institutions.  Do you ever wonder why certain posters and internet algorithms feed you a barrage of this stuff?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CaliContractor:
Another day and another damn POS worthless bad apple. Utterly amazing how many bad apples there are in Law enforcement.

There are 708,000 full time police officers in the United States, plus a shit load of reserves and part time.  If only 1% are bad apples that is more than 7,000 bad cops.

It is not surprising that we hear about bad cops regularly, especially when Internet algorithms choose the news you receive.

One of the communist's goals was to destroy the American people's faith in their institutions.  Do you ever wonder why certain posters and internet algorithms feed you a barrage of this stuff?

My interactions with leo's over the course of 40 years have made me think the way I do, not the internet or media. Getting pulled over for speeding, well not actually speeding.  Being threatened with arrest on my own property, while officer dipshit arrests my 73 year old neighbor for felony DV and false imprisonment, when he was beat to shit and she didn't have a mark on her and has dementia. Officer fuck face was arresting my neighbor no matter what was said, all charges dropped.

Actions of Leo's have done this and them alone.
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 7:08:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

There are bad apples everywhere.

We have probably a dozen folks who post pretty consistently anti cop stuff. Cool.

Approximately 250k people every year die
From medical malpractice.

Outrage?

View Quote

I don’t care for those cock suckers either.
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 7:17:33 PM EDT
[#3]

View Quote

What an interesting position to take, though I’ve seen it before:  Don’t be outraged by the truth, be outraged at who told you the truth.
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 7:21:17 PM EDT
[#4]
"meant for husband" who believe that
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 7:23:45 PM EDT
[#5]

We have probably a dozen folks who post pretty consistently anti cop stuff. Cool.

Outrage?
View Quote

When they do something painfully stupid like we saw with the doctor removing the wrong organ and killing someone.  Yeah.

But even then I will suggest there is a difference since doctors don't show up and use force to make you partake in their services.  Since informed consent isn't at the core of these interactions, I suggest we treat the malfeasance seriously.
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 7:26:50 PM EDT
[#6]
lol

Fuckin perv loser
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 7:26:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By CastleBravo91:

My BIL had a rough time at Soldier Field because of the ticket app. Went to a Metallica show, I guess the place is a dead zone. No one could open the app to have the tickets scanned, so they didn't let folks inside. Had to walk around until he got a signal so he could open it. Ended up missing Pantera over the whole deal, which he really wanted to see. He said he thought folks were gonna riot.
View Quote

I learned the hard way to always download tickets Before going to the venue for that reason.  We also make sure that at least two of us have the tickets downloaded for redundancy.
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 7:28:13 PM EDT
[#8]
This is why I have a proof of insurance card and DL in my wallet. My registration is in the glove compartment.

Putting that crap on your phone, worrying about going paperless and such is lazy and problematic.
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 7:29:30 PM EDT
[#9]
I can't understand why anyone would have naked photos of themselves on their phone unless they were wanting to track the growth of a concerning mole on their ballsack or something
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 7:31:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By CoconutLaCroix:
I can't understand why anyone would have naked photos of themselves on their phone unless they were wanting to track the growth of a concerning mole on their ballsack or something
View Quote

I can't understand why anyone in a healthy relationship would not have nudes on their phone.
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 7:37:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Any nudes on your phone are copied by the NSA and are used for NSA employees to have fun with
Along with any other information that they care to take
Remember the fat NSA employee who got caught with 16 Million dick pictures that she had downloaded off of NSA computers and took home?

Link Posted: 9/13/2024 7:52:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Sounds like an awesome new feature for cell phones
Passwords for select parts of the phone content
So you can lock most of the phone and have a “public” folder you put some things in for the cops to see.
Or even make the photos and folders be invisible so they don’t even know that they are there
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 8:17:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By kychas:
So you can lock most of the phone and have a “public” folder you put some things in for the cops to see.
Or even make the photos and folders be invisible so they don’t even know that they are there
View Quote

They already exist.
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 9:05:54 PM EDT
[#14]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CaliContractor:
Another day and another damn POS worthless bad apple. Utterly amazing how many bad apples there are in Law enforcement.

You reckon the commies made the cop do bad stuff too in this case? Just to erode faith in duh blew?
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 9:09:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By efpeter:
If you unlock and hand your phone to a police officer, you literally deserve whatever the fuck they do to you.

How fucking stupid do you have to be?   Seriously.  How can a person that dumb remember to breath oxygen?
View Quote

Yup, same thing you dress sexy, you deserve it if the cop rapes you.
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 9:12:12 PM EDT
[#16]

Outrage?

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By madmacs69:

Except for those few orchards of bad apples...

Outrage?

Yea, but generally other doctors don't try to justify the killing.

"He didn't get out of the hospital bed fast enough so I had to take the wrong kidney"
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 9:12:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By UV18:

They already exist.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By UV18:

They already exist.

Do tell
I know one can cut and paste into another folder
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 9:16:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Just don’t copy my monkey NFTs bro!
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 9:16:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Happened here a few years ago

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/10/us/minnesota-former-trooper-nude-woman-texts/index.html

This pervy cop was smart enough to delete the texts from the victim's phone before giving her the phone back.  However phone was synced to computer and detected later.
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 9:19:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By runcible:
If you had nudes on your phone, why on earth would you give it to ta stranger?
View Quote

Wait a second, I thought police were to be explicitly trusted and given respect!

What if the cop demands you surrender your phone, what do you do then? Fight him for it?  What if he just snatches it out of your hand while you are showing him the info?  Fight him for it?
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 9:20:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By pukindog:

I don't remember having to show proof of insurance, but it has been nearly a decade since I have registered a vehicle - as opposed to just renewing tags.
View Quote

I did when I moved and reregistered my truck. My sons tags expired when he went into the Navy between the move and they would not let me register his car to the new address without proof of insurance and I had to call our agent and have her email his policy to me.  Mom and dad had to show proof when they moved from Shelby County to Benton? County. It's a thing. It doesn't stop people from buying a policy, registering a car and immediately cancelling it tho, OR registering it out of state.
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 9:21:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Like 87% of you degenerates wouldn’t do the same.
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 9:21:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By ClayHollisterTT:

Because police are trustworthy. I have been told that on this very site.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ClayHollisterTT:
Originally Posted By runcible:
If you had nudes on your phone, why on earth would you give it to ta stranger?

Because police are trustworthy. I have been told that on this very site.

Just one (more) bad apple.
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 9:22:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bollocks44] [#24]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 9:28:44 PM EDT
[#25]

Do tell
I know one can cut and paste into another folder
View Quote

Hidden is a simple click on the picture. You need Face ID or passcode to access.

Or get an app that is a secure vault where you need a code and one of the above to enter.
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 9:31:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Learned something new, for Android, you can pin an app then lock your phone. Gives access to that app only. If you do it right you can have your insurance card shown, all other pics in a secure folder/other app and have your phone locked. Suppose could also be useful for other things like locking kids into a game app too.

How To Set Up and Use Pin Windows
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 9:45:43 PM EDT
[#27]
The last time I got pulled over I could not find my Insurance card and told the officer from the SO. He said "that's ok, I saw it online".

Apparently both the SO and PD here have access to that info by entering your license plate number on their in-car computer.

View Quote
Same
Last time I got pulled over in wife's car , her console was full of shit and I couldn't find it
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 10:06:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:

Nonsense.  This isn’t something that a day or two without pay may fix.
View Quote

The fbi investigating means there is something more systemic and troubling.

Link Posted: 9/13/2024 10:11:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By GI-45:
So I guess keeping a print-out of my insurance in my glove compartment makes me a Boomer now.

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/13/2024 10:26:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AmishElectrician] [#30]
Originally Posted By SuperSixOne:
Some states have insurance data on the NCIC return, others do not.

It's not always accurate either.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SuperSixOne:
The last time I got pulled over I could not find my Insurance card and told the officer from the SO. He said "that's ok, I saw it online".

Apparently both the SO and PD here have access to that info by entering your license plate number on their in-car computer.

He just pulled me over because of a light being out, which was probably more of an excuse since it was 3:45 a.m.  

No ticket. I was on the way to work and replaced the light on the way home from work.
Some states have insurance data on the NCIC return, others do not.

It's not always accurate either.

I've seen plenty of cops nowadays open the door and scan the VIN on a handheld, brings up everything, ownership, reg/insurance, inspection/smog, if thats ur state, the correct plate, runs the RO

Strange as fuck until I realized what was going on. Cop walks up, quick chat, "HEY, do you mind if I open the door to scan the tag? "

people can have fake reg papers on their window and shit I suppose but nobody probably ever checks the door tag
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 10:31:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Is there an app that can lock the phone and.allow only the chosen document to be open?  

Illinois has electronic CCW . There not supposed to look at anything else.

Handing it to him to read is not unreasonable but what if he decides to go back to the car?

What exactly are you going to do to stop him.
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 10:40:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By CoconutLaCroix:
View Quote

I just took a selfie of my ballsack in the hopes of a cop stealing it from my phone.
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 11:50:22 PM EDT
[#33]

View All Quotes

Nonsense.  This isn’t something that a day or two without pay may fix.

Or it could mean that the locals were unwilling/unable to criminally punish their own.
Link Posted: 9/13/2024 11:52:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By whiskerz:
I eliminate the traffic stop and just send my nudes off to the local police .
View Quote

this right here. i've been sending dick pics to the county and city pd for years, haven't been pulled over or ticketed yet.
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 12:16:56 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By scrambler28:
She probably thought the cop would let her off if he saw her nekids.
View Quote

Well.  It worked.
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 12:19:54 AM EDT
[#36]

Outrage?

View Quote

I’m outraged and suggested doctors should wear body cameras in the operating rooms.
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 12:57:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jDrexler] [#37]
Originally Posted By ARMALITE-FAN:
Is there an app that can lock the phone and.allow only the chosen document to be open?  

Illinois has electronic CCW . There not supposed to look at anything else.

Handing it to him to read is not unreasonable but what if he decides to go back to the car?

What exactly are you going to do to stop him.
View Quote

iPhones have guided access built in, which can lock the phone to a single app, can even put a time limit on it before it locks out entirely. If you want to show just a single screen turn on guided access then disable touch screen. Officer can look at what is on the screen but otherwise cannot interact with the phone.
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 1:02:02 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Bama-Shooter:

There is no reason to take someone's phone after they show you proof of insurance. I won't even touch it. But lots of folks will basically toss you their phone.

I prefer the old fashioned POI with paper.
View Quote
This.  I don't touch em, unless handcuffs are involved.
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 1:10:50 AM EDT
[#39]
Even if you are doing nothing wrong and have absolutely nothing to hide, NEVER HAND A COP AN UNLOCKED PHONE.

Link Posted: 9/14/2024 1:25:13 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Bama-Shooter:

There is no reason to take someone's phone after they show you proof of insurance. I won't even touch it. But lots of folks will basically toss you their phone.

I prefer the old fashioned POI with paper.
View Quote

I printed mine out but honestly the reason was because State Farm website sucks
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 1:28:27 AM EDT
[#41]

I work at dollar general stocking shelves on night shift between drill weekends. I don’t know anything
View Quote

Thought Dollar General went out of business?
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 2:54:08 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By mclark202:

I’m outraged and suggested doctors should wear body cameras in the operating rooms.
View All Quotes

We need citizen review boards who judge doctors and recommend punishment and discipline.

Well.  It worked.

Now she's a victim and a witness.

He really did good and she certainly dodged that ticket along with getting a payday

Or it could mean that the locals were unwilling/unable to criminally punish their own.

Locals don't have the ability to send people to federal prison on civil rights charges.

FBI does.

If I was a local I'd rather them take the case.

Originally Posted By CarmelBytheSea:

Thought Dollar General went out of business?

Nope still doing good.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 3:27:07 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By haveTwo:
Just keep paper copies of things.  They don't run out of battery.
View Quote

Most people don't own a printer and cheap printers have a nasty habit of fucking themselves if not used regularly.

Combine this with lots of insurance companies no longer sending you paper proof of insurance and you have this situation.
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 3:31:48 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By jDrexler:
Where’s that poster that just the other day was saying all police don’t have to earn respect and they are owed it?
View Quote

Probably fellating a nightstick.
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 3:52:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Scott-S6] [#45]
Originally Posted By jhereg:
That's where I have a problem w/ any document on my phone or tablet I'm going to hand to someone.    I'd much prefer to have a lock screen app or option that will only show that document, and will only show it when authorized.   Now I realize w/ physical access things can be hacked, but it takes time.
View Quote

This is a good idea so I did a bit of digging (this is for android). There are some dubious apps available but I found a method that does not require them.

Save your proof of insurance, game tags, whatever as a pdf. (This is because the built in pdf app has no navigation, if you just have it as a screenshot they can still dig around in your gallery)
Turn on app pinning

When someone wants to see them:
Open the pdf
Go yo overview (either tap square or swipe from bottom to center)
Tap the icon for your app

Now home and overview are disabled and back only works within the app which in this case means it goes nowhere. To leave the app you press and hold back and overview, it takes you to the lock screen and after unlocking phone is back to normal. It's not perfect but it's a lot better.
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 4:39:19 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Scott-S6:

This is a good idea so I did a bit of digging (this is for android). There are some dubious apps available but I found a method that does not require them.

Save your proof of insurance, game tags, whatever as a pdf. (This is because the built in pdf app has no navigation, if you just have it as a screenshot they can still dig around in your gallery)
Turn on app pinning

Open the pdf

Now home and overview are disabled and back only works within the app which in this case means it goes nowhere. To leave the app you press and hold back and overview, it takes you to the lock screen and after unlocking phone is back to normal. It's not perfect but it's a lot better.
View Quote

That's a lot of work for simply showing insurance.

Link Posted: 9/14/2024 5:07:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Scott-S6] [#47]

View All Quotes

Turn on app pinning

Open the pdf

Once you have it enabled and your docs stored as pdfs then it only takes four extra taps when you want to show something. How lazy are you that that is "a lot of work"?

There should be a button combo that disables the touchscreen, second press of the combo takes you to the lock screen and re-enables it. It might be possible to write an app that does that on Android, pretty sure that it is not possible on iOS.
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 7:49:00 AM EDT
[#48]
Locals don't have the ability to send people to federal prison on civil rights charges.

FBI does.

If I was a local I'd rather them take the case.
View Quote

You don't say.  

Are you implying that there were no relevant state charges that could be applied rather than this one specific federal charge?
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 7:51:03 AM EDT
[#49]

Turn on app pinning

Open the pdf

View Quote

On iPhone I can put my insurance information into the wallet and access that through a button press that doesn't unlock the phone.  Seems a lot easier than fiddling with a guided access mode or similar under stress.
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 8:01:15 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top