Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 10:26:52 PM EDT
[#1]
It's run by Bernie babies. Then again, my state is being run by wanna be Bernie babies. Both suffer from the transplant issue from other shithole lefty states where the new folks now out number the old timers. Missionary style politics.
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 10:27:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Edward82:
Looking around Manchester area now.
View Quote

NH or VT we both have a Manchester
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 10:40:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I think if I was making a move OP the only place I would be looking to buy there is something on Lake Champlain.

If I wasn't going to do that it would be either NH or Maine  if you want to move north and want cold winters .
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 10:45:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Badlatitude:

View Quote

NH, VT doesn’t sound like a good future homeplace.
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 10:47:27 PM EDT
[#5]
They put the commie in the Senate from Vermont
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 11:02:47 PM EDT
[#6]
New Hampshire is way better
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 11:03:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Unless you're a libtard, WTF would you want to move to VT instead of much freer NH?   Same weather, same high property taxes, no sales or income tax, fewer gun restrictions.   If you've ever voted Democrat, go to VT; not welcome in NH
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 11:06:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By c7aea15:
With NH right there, why? Unless you have a man bun and like vinegar with your french fries why would you ever want to move to Vermont?
View Quote

100% this.  NH is everything VT is but better in every way!  

Forget VT, consider NH!
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 11:11:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By ranging-by-zipcode:
I think if I was making a move OP the only place I would be looking to buy there is something on Lake Champlain.

If I wasn't going to do that it would be either NH or Maine  if you want to move north and want cold winters .
View Quote

I lived next to Lake Champlain.  

It is in the path of the Saint Lawrence Valley storm track.  Shitty winter weather builds up in Canada and rolls down into NY/VT.

It gets freakin COLD there.  Daytime high temps of minus 20 degrees, snowstorms of 20-30 inches, frostbite on exposed skin, antifreeze in my car froze up, doors and windows frozen shut on my house.  It sucked in more ways than I cared to count.
Link Posted: 9/15/2024 11:14:06 PM EDT
[#10]
if the nine cities (I think that was the number when I lived there in the 80s) were just completely depopulated, Vermont would be most excellent.  The lib voters in the cities have really spoiled what was a cool state
Link Posted: 9/16/2024 12:25:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/16/2024 12:54:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Arguably the most liberal state in the country.
Link Posted: 9/16/2024 2:56:19 AM EDT
[#13]
2 words

Frost

Heaves
Link Posted: 9/16/2024 3:04:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GI-45] [#14]
For a long time they were the only constitutional carry state. That's obviously no longer the case.

Link Posted: 9/16/2024 3:15:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cleger] [#15]
You wouldn't like it. KTFO.
Link Posted: 9/16/2024 3:54:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Northern half of NH for country farmland type living is what I would do. The taxes in Vermont are possibly the highest in the nation. Vermont is super liberal but we do have conservatives although we are outnumbered.
Link Posted: 9/16/2024 4:30:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Have owned a house there for 14 years. It gets worse every year. Taxes, libtards, laws, etc. If not for the skiing, Id abandon ship tomorrow.
Link Posted: 9/16/2024 5:13:57 AM EDT
[#18]
It's a beautiful state that's been ruined by liberalism.
The NY, Mass, NJ, Conn liberals moved in starting in the 80's. In the 90's they started running for office. Now, they are over 90% of our state and local government.

I'd love to have ya, but we're a lost cause.
Link Posted: 9/16/2024 5:54:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Only state with a darn in New England is NH.  But look at the map. Nashua is basically a Boston bedroom commnunity and the invasion from Mass is real.

NH is the best state in NE but Id widen your aperture if you're a Texan.
Link Posted: 9/16/2024 6:01:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Grew up there, visit often. You'd be in for some major culture shock.
Link Posted: 9/16/2024 6:19:52 AM EDT
[#21]

Where do you see this? I don't see any of that and I live here lol
View Quote

Have you read the responses in this thread?  Seems like you're the only one that thinks VT isn't circling the drain.
Link Posted: 9/16/2024 6:25:53 AM EDT
[#22]
The hottest redhead I've ever met, Allison, hailed from VT. That's my only knowledge of the place. Heard it's pretty in the fall.
Link Posted: 9/16/2024 6:34:26 AM EDT
[#23]
What Oregon is now, is what Vermont is going to be within the next 10 years.  It’s about 3/4 of the way to fully woke right now
Link Posted: 9/16/2024 6:36:23 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Blue_Monkey:
Bernie Sanders.
View Quote

Yeah this dude has been VTs Senator forever. That should tell you all you need to know.
Link Posted: 9/16/2024 6:36:47 AM EDT
[#25]
Beautiful state
Poor, liberal, and MANY tri state transplants since Covid.
Link Posted: 9/16/2024 6:40:24 AM EDT
[#26]
I’ve lived in VT by choice off and on for years.

Buy a house in a rural area, gain the trust of locals, And half of the negative points above won’t apply to you.

It’s exactly what I did.

Link Posted: 9/16/2024 6:56:28 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By W202fan90:
Isn’t there a major heroin problem in VT?
View Quote

Rutland is lousy with it.  Autocorrect substituted “lost” at my first attempt at typing “lousy”. That was also correct so autocock gets partial credit.

The ten round limit is at the moment the only onerous infringement that I can think of.

It is a nice state not counting the looney government that is taken over by ben and jerry types.   They don’t seem to take laws that seriously over there.  I think they view them more as suggestions.....if it’s convenient.

If you like VT take a look at northern NH.
Link Posted: 9/16/2024 7:00:58 AM EDT
[#28]
Look at NH. I was born and raised in VT, but it just keeps getting worse every year.

The state is small enough that a handful of out of staters moved in and took over the government and now are trying to turn it into their own liberal paradise.

Every year taxes and crime go up, soon the only people who are left are going to be vacationers and homeless.
Link Posted: 9/16/2024 7:08:18 AM EDT
[#29]
NH. North of the lakes.

Link Posted: 9/16/2024 7:10:37 AM EDT
[#30]
View Quote

What attracts you to Manchester, NH?

Work?  If so, sure.

No work needed? fuck living in or near a city.
Link Posted: 9/16/2024 7:12:00 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By GAU5-A-A:

I lived next to Lake Champlain.  

It is in the path of the Saint Lawrence Valley storm track.  Shitty winter weather builds up in Canada and rolls down into NY/VT.

It gets freakin COLD there.  Daytime high temps of minus 20 degrees, snowstorms of 20-30 inches, frostbite on exposed skin, antifreeze in my car froze up, doors and windows frozen shut on my house.  It sucked in more ways than I cared to count.
View Quote

You’re 50/50 mix antifreeze froze?   I have been living in the area all my life, up on the St. Lawrence, now near Champlain.  It’s been cold, twenty to thirty below zero.  I have never had that happen.   Batteries refuse to give up electrons to start a vehicle yes, bet never a frozen radiator.  I must believe that your mix was added to with water after a repair.
Link Posted: 9/16/2024 7:12:21 AM EDT
[#32]

Both the post you linked to and your post below that are idiotic to be polite and within the COC.
Link Posted: 9/16/2024 7:12:40 AM EDT
[#33]
I live next to VT and we really have no reason to go there, except Quechee. That place is cool with the Antique Mall. People from VT wear sweaters and are green democratic Bernie lovers. Otherwise there is enough to do between NH and ME there really is no reason to go to VT, and VT has no coast.
Link Posted: 9/16/2024 7:13:51 AM EDT
[#34]
lol, fuck all that!
Link Posted: 9/16/2024 7:14:07 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By pdm:
2 words

Frost

Heaves
View Quote

Lately it’s been rain events that wash out the regional roads.  Many roads follow the water courses and that makes sense as everything else tends to be a ridge with some sporadic hollows until you’re up by the lake.
Link Posted: 9/16/2024 7:17:52 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By SteelonSteel:

Lately it’s been rain events that wash out the regional roads.  Many roads follow the water courses and that makes sense as everything else tends to be a ridge with some sporadic hollows until you’re up by the lake.
View Quote

Vermont has taken it up the ass these last couple years with floods.

Last I heard Lyndonville was looking at 8mil in repairs from the latest round.
Link Posted: 9/16/2024 7:26:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SteelonSteel] [#37]
Indeed they have.   Newcomb NY area got the same damage around the same time......twice.  Like washouts big enough to swallow a whole log truck semi.   The road and 14’ culvert just plain gone.

Fortunately it skipped over my locale on its way to VT.   Our county is broke as it is.  

Before that Schoharie to Johnston was getting gutted by floods.  I cannot afford that kind of setback.  I live on a ridge of rock.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2024 7:34:20 AM EDT
[#38]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Manchvegas probably the most diverse area of the state.  But from there you can commute to MA for work if needed.  If you don’t need that, further north or west (avoid Hanoveristan)

You’ll see cheap places in Claremont (western part) and Rochester (eastern).  There are reasons, avoid both.

Absolutely gorgeous state.  Gets cold, heating oil pricey, but gorgeous.
Link Posted: 9/16/2024 7:36:22 AM EDT
[#39]
If you're a lib, go to Vermont, if not go to New Hampshire before the Massholes kill it.
Link Posted: 9/16/2024 7:42:05 AM EDT
[#40]
I received a good job offer doing interesting work in Vermont two years ago.

I could not afford housing and ultimately declined.
Link Posted: 9/16/2024 7:46:07 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By WhiskersTheCat:
NH and VT are very different, despite them being upside down neighbors.

There's a real fight in NH. Go to it. We can win it.
View Quote

+1

Vermont has a lot going for it but come to NH, or, honestly, stay in Texas.  It’s a great state!  

Do you have any experience with cold weather??
Link Posted: 9/16/2024 8:32:44 AM EDT
[#42]

Any suggestions on good places to move in NH?
View All Quotes
With NH right there, why? Unless you have a man bun and like vinegar with your french fries why would you ever want to move to Vermont?

Anything south of Franconia Notch is Massachusetts, and even then there are blue pockets. There are a sea of Harris Walz and other liberal signs in my area west of Lincoln.

Link Posted: 9/16/2024 8:35:40 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By prebans:
It was in my list of places to explore for retirement.  Was.

1.  Mag capacity limits set at 15 for handgun and 10 for rifle.

2.  Red flag laws.

3.  72 hour waiting period for all firearms purchases.

4.  No private sales.

5.  While I'm not into them, I look sideways at bump stock bans   Including Vermont's ban.

6.  It appears they haven't met a tax they don't like, especially when it comes to property taxes.

7.  They went beyond fill retard during Covid.

New Hampshire looks like a better option for me.  It's on the list of the girlfriend ends up working in Boston.
View Quote

Most places in NH within reasonable commuting distance to Boston will feel like northern Mass.
Link Posted: 9/16/2024 8:37:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: eolian] [#44]
At first glance VT looks nice but if thats not your politics GTFO.

I will say when their shit gets flooded and it has twice in the last couple of years they dont sit around all helpless with their hands out saying where my money.
Link Posted: 9/16/2024 8:38:51 AM EDT
[#45]
I lived in VT for 17 years (as an adult).  

Vermont is a beautiful state, a lot to offer in terms of the outdoors. It is a very peaceful state - not many people and lots of elbow room.    

Winter is cold and very dark - summers are awesome!  

All that said, it is VERY liberal.  If you and your wife are fairly conservative it will grind on you after a while.  

I live in TX now - VT and TX are VERY VERY different states.  

Best of luck!
Link Posted: 9/16/2024 8:43:19 AM EDT
[#46]
Lots of snow

Lots of gays

Link Posted: 9/16/2024 8:51:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Badlatitude] [#47]

Have you read the responses in this thread?  Seems like you're the only one that thinks VT isn't circling the drain.
View All Quotes

Where do you see this? I don't see any of that and I live here lol

That's why I asked you where you were seeing all that. I also live here unlike the majority of people making those claims lol. The area I stick to for the most part is just North of Bennington to just South of Middlebury from the NY line over to about Mount Holly.  Which pretty much excludes every libtard city.  I work in the Rutland area on the road four days a week.
Link Posted: 9/16/2024 9:07:22 AM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes

I guess it depends what you're looking for, and if you need work. Up north, lakes region or higher is nicest. Even that is getting pretty expensive though.
Link Posted: 9/16/2024 9:11:59 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 9/16/2024 9:12:13 AM EDT
[#50]
View Quote

I stay away from Manchester as much as possible
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top