Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2006 3:33:51 PM EDT
I need a disc sander, I need a jig saw, this seems to be good for both.  For $240 what do you guys think?

Link Posted: 5/11/2006 3:34:52 PM EDT
[#1]
what are you planning on cutting and using it for?
Link Posted: 5/11/2006 3:35:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Hopefully not for anything more than balsa
Link Posted: 5/11/2006 3:38:05 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
what are you planning on cutting and using it for?

Thin sheets (.125") polycarbonate and acrylic.
Link Posted: 5/11/2006 7:32:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I've got a dremel jig saw.  It is kind of cheap.  I would recommend looking at alternate brands, you can probably find something better.  
Link Posted: 5/11/2006 11:47:08 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I've got a dremel jig saw.  It is kind of cheap.  I would recommend looking at alternate brands, you can probably find something better.  

Which one?  I had an old one from 20 years ago, it was cheap but it did the job.  This one seems much nicer though.
Link Posted: 5/12/2006 12:04:41 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Which one?  I had an old one from 20 years ago, it was cheap but it did the job.  This one seems much nicer though.

I couldn't tell you off the top of my head.  I'm not really into jig saws.  I don't care for mine because the blade won't stay on the line unless I feed thework really slow, plus it has too much vibration.  I've seen others that have longer, beefier, arms (or what ever the recipricating parts are called) that seen to cut alot faster and alot smoother.  Since I only use mine very occasionally, I put up with it.  If I was going to do alot of that kind of work, I would look for something more pro.

My go-to saw for little things is a 9" bandsaw, I find it much easier to use.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top