Mountain

Arid

Desert Dune

Desert Jackal

Metro

Urban

Light Urban

Arctic White

Man, that is some SWEET looking camo! I like the look of it better than MARPAT or the Universal (ACUPAT) camo. And though I love Multi-Cam, I still think I prefer those area specific HyperStealh patterns. This camo may not be the best suited to militaries like our's simply because the gov can't afford to stock 20 different patterns. But for folks like us, having the ability to choose camo that's as close a match to our local areas as possible could be very beneficial. I like these designs.

Opinions?
Link Posted: 12/27/2006 8:43:01 AM EDT
[#1]
would like to see real life comparisons in real light,

computer  digital images don't really cut it.
Link Posted: 12/27/2006 8:45:50 AM EDT
[#2]
ya, some real world pics would be usefull...
Link Posted: 12/27/2006 8:45:56 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
would like to see real life comparisons in real light,

+1
Link Posted: 12/27/2006 8:52:19 AM EDT
[#4]
The Tropical pattern reminds me of a cross between CADPAT and Danish Flecktarn.  
The greens are very bright, which makes me wonder why Denmark and Canada adopted them.
Link Posted: 12/27/2006 8:53:25 AM EDT
[#5]
I would be interested in seeing some "in the field" shots of this camo in action myself. But I think it's very promising looking stuff.

To me, the bigger issue would likely be finding matching gear to use with it.
Link Posted: 12/27/2006 8:55:55 AM EDT
[#6]
I enjoy the way they pick the best background to place the pattern on and then pixilate the background.

Some real world photos would be nice.

Av.
Link Posted: 12/27/2006 8:56:45 AM EDT
[#7]
They sure look good to me.  Thanks for posting those.

HH
Link Posted: 12/27/2006 8:58:03 AM EDT
[#8]
I love the metro pattern.
Link Posted: 12/27/2006 9:00:24 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I enjoy the way they pick the best background to place the pattern on and then pixilate the background.

Some real world photos would be nice.

Av.

+1 Noticed that too.
Link Posted: 12/27/2006 9:01:31 AM EDT
[#10]
That's one hell of a wardrobe.  Who's got time to fight?
Link Posted: 12/27/2006 9:02:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Impossible to judge camo with super-imposed photos.
Link Posted: 12/27/2006 9:03:57 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
That's one hell of a wardrobe.  Who's got time to fight?

Yes, but how in the world would you ever pick out shoes to go with any of them?
Link Posted: 12/27/2006 9:05:21 AM EDT
[#13]
While we are on the subject.....

Link Posted: 12/27/2006 9:11:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/27/2006 9:14:16 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

especially super pixelated ones
Link Posted: 12/27/2006 9:20:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Real world pics needed.

I still think Multicam would be the best all around.
Link Posted: 12/27/2006 9:31:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Multicam owns all.

Link Posted: 12/27/2006 9:41:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/27/2006 10:25:17 AM EDT
[#19]

I'm not able to post from work, but by using paintshop and moving the "woodland" man next to the tree on the right, he blends in pretty well.  

I'll also note that I tried to move the "multicam" guy closer to the tree, but when I tried to select him using the paintshop "magic wand selector", it couldn't discriminate between him and the background
Link Posted: 12/27/2006 10:27:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Great!  Another MARPAT thread.

+1
Get Both.
I like pie.
Link Posted: 12/27/2006 10:33:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/27/2006 10:40:51 AM EDT
[#22]
Someone should buy some, and run to the nearest furniture store for further testing.
Link Posted: 12/27/2006 10:43:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/27/2006 11:02:35 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
The Tropical pattern reminds me of a cross between CADPAT and Danish Flecktarn.  
The greens are very bright, which makes me wonder why Denmark and Canada adopted them.

Because they work great in Canada?

This is the only pick i could find. I have to go, I'll post others tonite

Link Posted: 12/27/2006 11:23:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Doing themselves a disservice with those ridiculous comparison shots. Who is the marketing retard who thought that up?

Link Posted: 12/27/2006 11:29:30 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Doing themselves a disservice with those ridiculous comparison shots. Who is the marketing retard who thought that up?

They are just photoshops.  That's all they have to show.

They create designs on a computer and then try to sell the rights to them to governments.  They don't actually make any of the camo.

I have some great photoshopped camo too, getting it printed and made in to clothing is another matter...
Link Posted: 12/27/2006 11:31:40 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

especially super pixelated ones

Hope they didn't pay money for those pics.

Link Posted: 12/27/2006 12:26:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Though I agree that they could have chosen much better photos to display the camo's effectiveness, that doesn't mean that it's still not excellent camo. Yes, the pixilated backgrounds sucked. Yes, the backgrounds matched. But isn't that the purpose of this camo, to match very specific backgrounds by type? We know that the MARPAT is pretty good camo from actual experience, desert or woodland types. This looks like basically the same sort of pattern with better color options to more specifically match local areas. Thus, this too will likely be very good camo. This is where this camo differs from others. Rather than trying to be a jack of all trades like MultiCam or Universal, this stuff is designed specifically for certain climates. When used in those specific climates, it would likely be a better option. Since I have no need to blend into a desert or urban setting (I live in rural Kentucky), I need camo for forested areas and brush. I would rather have something maximized for use in such an area as opposed to selecting a camo that also must attempt to be effective in numerous other environments. In that regard, camo like Universal has much in common with the F-18 Super Hornet and the US Navy attempting to use it for everything from interceptor, to long range attack to aerial refueling missions. Some things simply do certain tasks better than a jack-of-all-trades compromise, which doesn't excel at anything.

I am very interested in looking at this camo and exploring it farther. But in order to get any of it to test in actual field conditions, it appears we will need to see someone buy the design and mass produce it. Thus, that clothing may turn up in the form of military surplus (outside nations) or perhaps here in the states if some company such as Tru-Spec or Propper elect to make tactical clothing using that pattern. I hope someone chooses to develop those patterns so we can get our hands on some to try. It appears the colors shown on the website were just used in evaluation. Only a limited amount of evaluation clothing was produced. The site says actual production runs may slightly differ. So by that, do they mean they will actually at some point produce this clothing for sale or simply perfect the design for sale to outside nations and/or companies, with the intent they produce the actual gear?

I sure would love to have some of that "Forest" digital camo. I am sure this would work very well in my area:

It basically uses the same colors as used in current woodland camo (which isn't exactly bad camo), while using them more effectively in the pixelated digital pattern. This camo will likely be a winner if it's ever produced and sold here in the States.
Link Posted: 12/27/2006 12:42:04 PM EDT
[#29]
I have a pre-order in for the Spec4ce Urban camo. I didn't know about it until the woodland variations were all sold out.

Guy Cramer has been excellent at providing his customers with production status updates. The material has been printed and is ready for assembly. The major problem was finding a factory that will produce only a few hundred uniforms at a time as opposed to the usual orders of tens of thousands.
A few weeks ago, I got an email from Guy explaining that the factory got a huge military order and the Spec4ce run got bumped back so the factory can complete the big order.
The factory is going to make 1 evaluation uniform and send it back to Guy to make sure its acceptable, then full production will go underway. Hopefully I'll get my order in early 2007.

Unfortunately, Guy has mentioned that commericial production has been extremely costly and time consuming. He is not sure if there will be a Series 2 run or any other commercial runs at all.
Thats too bad because I think the Series 2 Arid and Mountain patterns are works of art.
All he has left for pre-order are Urban and Desert Dune last I checked. If any of you have any desire for this stuff this may be your last chance to get it. A jacket, pants and K-pot cover will only cost you about $160. Compare that to Multicam!
Link Posted: 12/27/2006 12:50:56 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I have a pre-order in for the Spec4ce Urban camo. I didn't know about it until the woodland variations were all sold out.

Guy Cramer has been excellent at providing his customers with production status updates. The material has been printed and is ready for assembly. The major problem was finding a factory that will produce only a few hundred uniforms at a time as opposed to the usual orders of tens of thousands.
A few weeks ago, I got an email from Guy explaining that the factory got a huge military order and the Spec4ce run got bumped back so the factory can complete the big order.
The factory is going to make 1 evaluation uniform and send it back to Guy to make sure its acceptable, then full production will go underway. Hopefully I'll get my order in early 2007.

Unfortunately, Guy has mentioned that commericial production has been extremely costly and time consuming. He is not sure if there will be a Series 2 run or any other commercial runs at all.
Thats too bad because I think the Series 2 Arid and Mountain patterns are works of art.
All he has left for pre-order are Urban and Desert Dune last I checked. If any of you have any desire for this stuff this may be your last chance to get it. A jacket, pants and K-pot cover will only cost you about $160. Compare that to Multicam!

Good info. That better helps me understand what's going on in regard to this camo. But I guess my chances of getting that nice forest pattern I love is now pretty small, unless they decide to mass produce them, which is unlikely.
Link Posted: 12/27/2006 1:00:29 PM EDT
[#31]

Good info. That better helps me understand what's going on in regard to this camo. But I guess my chances of getting that nice forest pattern I love is now pretty small, unless they decide to mass produce them, which is unlikely.

There's a thread going on at Militaryphotos.com and Guy is actively posting.
He seems to be getting ENORMOUS interest from militaries all over the world. He even hinted he is making area-specific urban patterns for nuke plant security teams. When I say area-specific that seems to mean the colors in the camo are based on that specific nuke plant! Imagine that!
Guy said he recently did some cell phone towers in digital camo, but he says he cant release the pics until the official news release or something like that. He also got a contract with Blackwater to camo their vehicles.
Basically, the civilian commercial market is small-potatoes compared to all the other stuff that Guy is doing.
Unless Guy gets enough interest in the Spec4ce series, we may never see this stuff again on the commercial market.

ETA: If you're still interested in the Forest pattern, email Guy. He mentioned some customers sometimes get frustrated at the delays and cancel their pre-order leaving an opening. I think he has a list of people ready to buy in case someone cancels an order.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top