User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/17/2008 3:04:23 PM EDT
[#1]
great thread!!!

Link Posted: 12/17/2008 3:13:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll see your 4 stitches and raise with an ACL repair.

Link Posted: 12/17/2008 3:29:40 PM EDT
[#3]
There goes your sex life for a few days!
Link Posted: 12/17/2008 3:31:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/17/2008 6:31:04 PM EDT
[#5]
edit, never mind, I'm a dumbass
Link Posted: 12/17/2008 6:39:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dude, don't you know what paper towels and electrical tape are for?

I was in the cleanroom! No paper towels allowed and I couldn't fit my gloves over that stuff anyway and if you bleed much in those gloves they fill up and blood comes out the cuff.

Not to mention the fact that they'll stick to your hands and be nearly impossible to get off...unless you use those damned cotton glove liners that make your hands smell like a buzzard threw up on them.

You didn't get cut on a wafer did you? IIRC, they're pretty toxic if some of it gets imbedded in your skin.
Link Posted: 12/17/2008 6:40:00 PM EDT
[#7]
You're in Sherman!
Link Posted: 12/17/2008 6:41:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Shit. Just shoot some carb cleaner on it. It will stop the bleeding, and leaves a cooler scar.
Link Posted: 12/18/2008 4:47:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Shit. Just shoot some carb cleaner on it. It will stop the bleeding, and leaves a cooler scar.

how does carb cleaner alter the scar?
Link Posted: 12/18/2008 6:00:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

how does carb cleaner alter the scar?

It will dry out the cut, and will not let it close.

Link Posted: 12/18/2008 7:11:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'll see your 4 stitches and raise with an ACL repair.

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s171/CLETUS_08/KNEE33.jpg

I've been skiing too, had knee surgery 3 years ago. This isn't my first time to get hurt....Injuries in order of occurance best I can remember:

Concussion
Broken finger
Busted ear drum
Nail through foot
Broken bottle stuck in other foot
Broken arm
Broken fingers
Broken ribs
Broken collar bone/dislocated shoulder
Bullet/quarter fragments in eye
Broken foot
Concussion with amnesia for 3 days
Impalement almost all the way through left leg
Broken toes - surgery to pin one
Cracked skull above eye/crushed sinuses
Appendix out - surgery
Torn muscle in left leg with subsequent infection - surgery 10 days in hospital
Broken fingers
Torn ligaments in left foot
Broken hand
Knee surgery
Kidney stones
Cut on finger

I think that's about it. Out of all of that kidney stones were by far the worst pain I've ever been in. I don't see how much anything can hurt worse than that.
Link Posted: 12/18/2008 7:12:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
You're in Sherman!

Maybe

Link Posted: 12/18/2008 7:15:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/18/2008 7:18:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

You didn't get cut on a wafer did you? IIRC, they're pretty toxic if some of it gets imbedded in your skin.

No, just a panel corner.

Link Posted: 12/18/2008 7:20:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
You puss!!!!

I'd have stitched that up myself and save the 300 dollar ER bill.

No you would not have... you are a knifemaker.

there is a tube of crazy glue on the bench...
Link Posted: 12/18/2008 7:22:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I call your four stitches, the sheered off thumb end and raise you my partially amputated thumb

http://adw.go-gbs.com/stitches.jpg

Buffer bite... them'll get ya.

Link Posted: 12/18/2008 7:37:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Stitches on the hand suck!

Yep, every time you go to grab the remote, you will regret flexing that knuckle.

Splint that shit with something that protects the knuckle too then.

And they don't suck! Usually gashes don't swell and hurt like other soft tissue lacerations can and the anesthetic works EXETREMELY well on the digits, making the most painful part usually the tiny needle used to numb it (boohoo).

And once it heals, if the stiches don't dissolve, they are kinda fun to clip and pull out... The feeling thread makes sliding through the skin is kinda cool.
Link Posted: 12/18/2008 8:05:52 AM EDT
[#18]
It is a crappy picture but it was from my BB.

Link Posted: 12/18/2008 8:15:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

http://i496.photobucket.com/albums/rr326/fullmoontide/IMG00017.jpg

implanted bumpfiring device

how much and where do I send the money?
Link Posted: 12/18/2008 3:01:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

broken bone?

Link Posted: 12/18/2008 3:10:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/18/2008 3:13:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Take it easy around that knuckle.
I've crushed it before and it sucks!
Link Posted: 12/18/2008 3:17:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Pffftt.

A real man would have cauterized it with a red hot butter knife.

Not gone across the street to have it stiched.
Link Posted: 12/18/2008 3:19:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Cut yourself shaving?

fall with a beer bottle in hand
Link Posted: 12/18/2008 3:22:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Did you strain your uterus too?

Link Posted: 12/18/2008 3:23:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

i hope that's not your wacking hand
Link Posted: 12/18/2008 3:58:52 PM EDT
[#27]
I bumped my hand on the wall & got a knuckle like that once, got about 4 stitches on this though.

Proof that my skin is not stronger than a steel gear. This came complete with grease zerk hole to the right of the main rip.
Link Posted: 12/18/2008 4:15:40 PM EDT
[#28]
~ $7k.

Lesson:

Never, under any circumstances, let someone who has had more beers than you set up the ramps you are about to use to load up your quad.

Quoted:
Quoted:

implanted bumpfiring device

how much and where do I send the money?

Link Posted: 12/18/2008 4:21:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Superglue would've taken care of that.
Link Posted: 12/18/2008 4:25:59 PM EDT
[#30]
I  have had worse cuts on my eye ball
Link Posted: 12/18/2008 4:30:32 PM EDT
[#31]
<––––––––––Got you beat.....this is the fix

for this

with spare parts from

SRM
Link Posted: 12/18/2008 5:11:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Good idea to get it stitched up.

When I was seventeen my younger brother whacked me in the same spot on my right index finger with a piece of angle steel and I needed stitches too.  Unfortunately, I was headed to boot camp the next day so I put a bandaid on it and forgot about it.  Damn thing stayed open and bled for weeks.  Pissed me off too.  Never did go to the corpsman.  It finally healed and I still have a cool little scar on my knuckel to remind me.
Link Posted: 12/18/2008 5:15:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Yes!
Link Posted: 12/18/2008 5:16:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Yes!
Link Posted: 12/18/2008 5:25:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Well since we have gotten away from the hand I can show you my boo boos......

That's the outside this is the inside

Then it all healed up (except for the bone of course) and they had to cut me again...

Of course then they had to put me in one of these....

And the story goes on and on and on.............
Link Posted: 12/18/2008 5:29:15 PM EDT
[#36]
that required stitches?
Link Posted: 12/18/2008 5:41:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Well since we have gotten away from the hand I can show you my boo boos......

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i245/jimp6995/DSC_0015.jpg

That's the outside this is the inside

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i245/jimp6995/X-Rays003.jpg

Then it all healed up (except for the bone of course) and they had to cut me again...

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i245/jimp6995/LILIANNAAPRIL045.jpg

Of course then they had to put me in one of these....

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i245/jimp6995/IMG_1981.jpg

And the story goes on and on and on.............

What happened?!??!?!

Link Posted: 12/18/2008 5:47:41 PM EDT
[#38]
well I was gonna show the "after" picture from when I stuck my finger in a router... but damn... hard to top traction.
Link Posted: 12/18/2008 6:02:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
well I was gonna show the "after" picture from when I stuck my finger in a router... but damn... hard to top traction.

I was hit by a car about 3 years ago.  The first skin graft picture was from early in the process the inage in the ex-fix was after I had 3" of my tibia removed due to chronic osteomyelitis (bone infection) I am now waiting for that to heal so they can lengthen it.  I was told many many times though that sis not qualify as traction.  I was actually a big hurdle in the hospital to get over that term because one person was calling it traction and others were not and it caused MUCH confusion but it did suck nonetheless.  
Link Posted: 12/18/2008 6:10:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was hit by a car about 3 years ago.  The first skin graft picture was from early in the process the inage in the ex-fix was after I had 3" of my tibia removed due to chronic osteomyelitis (bone infection) I am now waiting for that to heal so they can lengthen it.  I was told many many times though that sis not qualify as traction.  I was actually a big hurdle in the hospital to get over that term because one person was calling it traction and others were not and it caused MUCH confusion but it did suck nonetheless.  

Good luck with the osteo and follow the Dr's instructions.  My dad battled it for years and died with an infected hole in his leg.

SRM
Link Posted: 12/18/2008 6:15:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good luck with the osteo and follow the Dr's instructions.  My dad battled it for years and died with an infected hole in his leg.

SRM

Actually after 2 PICC lines I think I have currently so far beat the infection.

Link Posted: 12/18/2008 6:33:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

post it anyway, injury pics are cool (At least when they come with stories)
Link Posted: 12/18/2008 6:36:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

post it anyway, injury pics are cool (At least when they come with stories)

+1

and a good story too.

Link Posted: 12/18/2008 7:07:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Man you coulda super glued that one shut.
Link Posted: 12/19/2008 4:55:36 AM EDT
[#45]
Ya just squirt some superglue in there, hold closed for 30 seconds and get back to work!

I actually cut my hand pretty good as a teenager.  My friend's mom was a nurse.  She closed it up with superglue. Pain stopped too.
Link Posted: 12/19/2008 6:46:33 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
that required stitches?

I do a good portion of my work in a cleanroom. Cut it while I was in the cleanroom, bled all over the nice white floors, ruined a smock and had to report it. At that point you've pretty much got to seek some type of medical attention because I left work and wouldn't have been allowed to stay if I had wanted to. The onsite EMT's were called to clean up the blood but I had already left before they had a chance to come find me.

The doctor said it needed to be stitched because it was directly across the knuckle and would take a long time to heal with a higher risk of infection. I busted one of the stitches out the next day by just bending my finger so I'm pretty sure it would have taken forever to heal without them.

When you work for a huge fortune 500 corporation you can't just bleed all over the place without reporting it to someone. I could actually get in trouble had I done nothing since it was a "safety issue". In fact, they are making a new rule because of me that you MUST call the onsite EMT's and then refuse treatment instead of just not calling them if you have any type of injury.

You wouldn't believe what a big deal has been made out of it. I've had meetings with supervisors, the onsite nurse practicioner, HR for the workers comp issue then management and the safety teams have both had meetings over the incident. It would be a lot different if I worked at Joe Bob's Garage where I could just tape it up and go back to work but I don't.

In any case, it didn't cost me anything and I got two hours off of work for free not counting the work I've got out of for the meetings, etc this week.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top