Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/21/2009 2:24:51 PM EDT
Anyone have any experience with any of the Pedersoli BPC rifles such as the Sharps and Roling block replicas?

Any owners? Got pix? Links to decent forums?

Ive always wanted a Remington Rolling block in 45-90 or 110. Id kinda lost intrest until I saw Quigley Down Under........and then the desire was rekindled.

Ive spent the last couple years stocking up on black rifle goodies , now Im pretty much squared away...........On to other arenas of shooting.
Link Posted: 1/21/2009 2:29:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Pedersoli makes a nice rifle!!

There's only a few nicer.........but they're MUCH more expensive!!

Shiloh Sharps comes to mind.

DO NOT buy any other Italian single shot than a Pedersoli.

Link Posted: 1/21/2009 2:34:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Pedersoli makes a nice rifle!!

There's only a few nicer.........but they're MUCH more expensive!!

Shiloh Sharps comes to mind.

DO NOT buy any other Italian single shot than a Pedersoli.

Oh yes......Im very familiar with C. Sharps and Shiloh Sharps. Very georgeous rifles. Im looking for a beginer level in the $1000 range.
Link Posted: 1/21/2009 2:55:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a Pedersoli Sharps "Quigley" Shoots very nice Looks Sweet!
I love the thing.

Link Posted: 1/21/2009 3:01:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought a Pedersoli from a fellow club member. Very nice rifle as far as fit,finish and accuracy.
     This particular rifle didn't suit me as I could never shoot it well off hand. Too much weight forward and the set trigger was too light for off hand and the regular trigger was too heavy. No fault of the rifle , just didn't suite my use.
      I sold it off (at a profit!) after I found a H&R repro of the trapdoor Officiers model.

The pedersolies are pretty nice !
Link Posted: 1/21/2009 3:02:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/21/2009 3:07:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Uberti is now getting into the game.

Or did they just buy out Pederosi?
Link Posted: 1/21/2009 3:15:14 PM EDT
[#7]
There is no better black powder site than BPCR.Net,

linky below

Here is a picture of my Shiloh Sharps 50-140

by the way that little thing next to big cartridge is a 5.56

http://www.bpcr.net/

Link Posted: 1/21/2009 3:15:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Uberti is now getting into the game.

Or did they just buy out Pederosi?

No Pedersoli is owned by Pedersoli but I think that they make the barrels for Uberti.  

Link Posted: 1/21/2009 5:52:05 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
There is no better black powder site than BPCR.Net,
linky below

Here is a picture of my Shiloh Sharps 50-140
by the way that little thing next to big cartridge is a 5.56

http://www.bpcr.net/

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x167/50-140/shilohsharps004.jpg

That is a beautiful rifle.

Thanks for the link and the info guys.
Link Posted: 1/21/2009 6:27:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Yes, I have a Pedersoli rifle in cal. 45 2.4 (45-90).
It is a great rifle for the price - still not cheap.  I paid $1600 for mine not including the $450 rear soule sight.

I shoot this rifle with BP only as I have found that it shoots at its best with cast bullets and Goex BP.
85 grains of Goex Cartridge under a .030" veggie wad topped with a 530gn 1:30 bullet is great accuracy medicine in my rifle.

I'm working my loads out to 800 yds, probably the most I'll want to shoot.  I'm currently worked out to 400 yds.

If you are looking at Italian rifles don't look at anything other than Pedersoli!

If you need any info on casting bullets, powder, cases, or anything regarding the .45 BP cartridge give me a shoot, I may not be able to answer your question but I certainly can point you in the right direction!
Link Posted: 1/22/2009 4:34:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Well ....HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me!
I just traded for this . A NIB 45/70 Pedersoli with 32" hex barrel,dbl set triggers,checkering,case hardening,a German silver tip (you know the Germans make good stuff) and the vernier tang sight.........Im anxious to get her

WOOT !!!

Thanks for the input guys!! I love this place
Link Posted: 1/22/2009 5:04:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Very nice rifles! You guys are destined to ruin me
Link Posted: 1/22/2009 5:16:30 PM EDT
[#13]
You do realize that German Silver is an alloy, and takes its name from the fact that folks in Germany were the first in the western world to be able to copy what they were importing from China.  Google PakTong for an explaniation.

Anyway yes the Pedersoli's are good rifles.  Myself, I have a cheap IAB Sharps, with MVA sights.  Ive beaten plenty of folks shooting Ballards and Shilo's with it.  Its 75% shooter and 25% gun.

Link Posted: 1/23/2009 4:26:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
You do realize that German Silver is an alloy, and takes its name from the fact that folks in Germany were the first in the western world to be able to copy what they were importing from China.  Google PakTong for an explaniation.

Anyway yes the Pedersoli's are good rifles.  Myself, I have a cheap IAB Sharps, with MVA sights.  Ive beaten plenty of folks shooting Ballards and Shilo's with it. Its 75% shooter and 25% gun.

Agreed.......even more so, the load development.
Like anything,consistantsy is the key.Load development is critical with BPCR from everything Ive read.

Im totally green to this branch of firearms..........and eager to learn.
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 11:42:29 AM EDT
[#15]
The first and most important thing to remember with a Sharps is that you have to put it on half cock prior to opening the action.  If you dont, and the hammer is pressing on the transferbar/firing pin, you will damage the firing pin, eventually to the point that it will no longer touch off a round.

This is the reason I got my "Cheap" rifle so cheap.  Some folks just dont know how to google and find a source for repair parts
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 11:49:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Question on the case-coloring on Italian guns:

Are they made the same way as Colt/Sharp?  I notice that on Beretta's SAA the case-coloring look like they were printed with an ink jet printer (and badly at that), then lacquered over.  How do the Pedersolis look?
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 11:58:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 12:49:52 PM EDT
[#18]

Congratulations You're going to have a ball with that rifle.

While you're waiting for it to come, think about some reading.

One of the most prolific authors on black powder, everything from casting to shooting is Paul Matthews.

I think I have about four of his books.  

You can't go wrong reading a man with about 45 years experience shooing BPCR.

Link Posted: 1/23/2009 1:59:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Congratulations You're going to have a ball with that rifle.

While you're waiting for it to come, think about some reading.

One of the most prolific authors on black powder, everything from casting to shooting is Paul Matthews.

I think I have about four of his books.  

You can't go wrong reading a man with about 45 years experience shooing BPCR.

Yes.......he is good. Ive got "Shooting the Black Powder Cartridge Rifle." Good read.

Ive got a pile of the "Single Shot Exchange" mags kicking around that I need to catch up on now.
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 2:13:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Question on the case-coloring on Italian guns:

Are they made the same way as Colt/Sharp?  I notice that on Beretta's SAA the case-coloring look like they were printed with an ink jet printer (and badly at that), then lacquered over.  How do the Pedersolis look?

I think what they (or at least the one I picked up) is called 'Rust Blued'. Its not bad considering the price of their rifles.

Its not as pretty as propper color case hadening. Doug Turnbull does some of the most fantastic work out there.

Heres a 73 he did (slobber)

Link Posted: 1/23/2009 2:16:58 PM EDT
[#21]
They rock I had one in 45-90. Was REAL nice. Lot's of fun especially if you are going to reload (basically have to)
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 1:39:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Murphy's Law strikes again

Just got a call from my boss..........guess who has to go back to work?

Now this rifle will prolly sit at my dealer for months before I get to touch it.

Oh well.....I guess I should feel lucky that Im working at all in today's economy............but I don't.

<stomp - pout - whine like baby>

I fracking knew as soon as the guy said he'd trade that I'd get called back to work
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top