Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/30/2009 11:54:25 AM EDT
Is the 'Crye Precision Multicam Armor Chassis' still for sale? I'm still trying to find a plate carrier and have given up finding one that I like in woodland. I have not seen it for sale anywhere.

Link Posted: 5/30/2009 12:04:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Its crye, so its gonna cost atleast 500.00.
Link Posted: 5/30/2009 12:08:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Is the 'Crye Precision Multicam Armor Chassis' still for sale? I'm still trying to find a plate carrier and have given up finding one that I like in woodland. I have not seen it for sale anywhere.

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r261/ArvinPabico/armorvest-Crye-armor-7.jpg

A simple google search found it.

straight from the manufacturer. 1900 bucks....
Link Posted: 5/30/2009 12:10:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Thats slick
Link Posted: 5/30/2009 12:13:10 PM EDT
[#4]
It's a sweet setup and if I were going in harms way I'd pick one up. It is too pricey for me since I don't plan on getting shot at so my CIRAS will suffice.
Link Posted: 5/30/2009 12:13:54 PM EDT
[#5]
ugly as fuck imo.
Link Posted: 5/30/2009 12:14:57 PM EDT
[#6]
it's an awesome setup if you have the $$$.   the $1800 is just for the base system with soft armor.  Plat bags, battle belt, shoulder thingys, and crotch whosamawhatchit all cost extra

oh and you can't forget other necessities like mag pouches, etc......
Link Posted: 5/30/2009 12:18:03 PM EDT
[#7]
thats the gen 1 model.  there is a new one for sale on the crye site...

http://www.cryeprecision.com/C-120/Armor+Systems
Link Posted: 5/30/2009 12:28:09 PM EDT
[#8]

This is their new armor chassis in MultiCam, its also available in coyote and ranger green.

CAGE (Crye Assault GEar) Armor Chassis™: Unlike any other armor vest, the CAGE Armor Chassis™ is the result of years of design and engineering. Made by an entirely new production process, the articulated Chassis provides the most comfortable and stable armor/load-carriage platform to date. The design provides passive cooling via large air channels that run under the armor. Designed for use with our armored BLAST Belt™, the CAGE Armor Chassis™ is fully modular and highly adjustable. Designed to be worn snug to the body like sports equipment. Features include: dual emergency doff, accepts 6X6 side plates and shoulder strap plates, front opening access, unintrerrupted side coverage (no side seam), meets or exceeds IBA & USASOC frag and handgun requirements.

NOTE: THIS SYSTEM IS DESIGNED FOR USE WITH STAND-ALONE CHEST AND BACK PLATES. IF YOUR PLATE REQUIRES A SOFT ARMOR BACKING, WE OFFER ADDITIONAL SOFT ARMOR BACKINGS TO BE INSERTED IN THE PLATEBAGS.

NOTE : TO ALLOW FOR CUSTOM CONFIGURATION, PLATEBAG SETS ARE SOLD SEPARATELY AND SIZED INDEPENDENTLY FROM THE ARMOR CHASSIS™. MAKE SURE YOU ORDER A PLATEBAG SET TO COMPLETE YOUR KIT. ARMOR CHASSIS™ WITH PLATEBAGS WILL BE SHIPPED ASSEMBLED.

Patented and Patents Pending. Made in US from US materials. Berry compliant. See TERMS for ordering restrictions.

Link Posted: 5/30/2009 3:57:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Hard to find, and use proprietary shaped plates. Cool though.
I ended up with a CIRAS "maritime?" vest in multicam instead. Has pull cords of coated steel cable you can yank and the whole vest just falls apart and away from you. I guess for easy access if you need medical care or are sinking....

Anyhow, it was cheaper and more practical and almost as cool. Uses cheaper standard shaped plates and CIRAS cut soft armor.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top