Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2009 7:14:59 AM EDT
Now and again you know you have good friends when they remind you by hooking you up. My bud dropped of a new in the box Maytag Skybox for me.  

Now I just need to find a spot in the living room or man cave. And buy A LOT more beer.

If you don't know what it is, it is a beverage vending machine that doesn't need coins, you just press the button. There are four selections and you can lock the switches out so a young-un can't order himself a beer, but can get a soda or water.

It takes cans and / or bottles. and can hold like 72 cans, chilled to about 35 degrees with storage for several cases in the cabinet / stand underneath.

These were over $800 new, he ended up buying out Home Depot a few years back when they closed them out for $100 and had over a dozen he used as gifts. I think it is cool.

I will say that is one of the coolest gifts I have ever received, and my 40th birthday isn't until Wednesday.

Rob
Link Posted: 11/20/2009 7:17:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/20/2009 7:19:41 AM EDT
[#2]
That is absolute bullshit. I've been looking for one around here, so I don't have to pay shipping. And you get one given to you?!?!?! Karma is kicking me in my Ballmas.
Link Posted: 11/20/2009 7:19:42 AM EDT
[#3]
I added "Maytag" to the title. I didn't think of that.

Rob
Link Posted: 11/20/2009 7:19:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I thought from the title that you meant an actual skybox, like in a stadium to sit in and watch games...

Yeah.
Link Posted: 11/20/2009 7:20:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Nice, I have never heard of those untill now. I used to have a full size Coke vending machine in my garage (now vending beer) but i had to sell it when cash got tight. Its alot of fun to have one.
Link Posted: 11/20/2009 7:21:41 AM EDT
[#6]
But......but.......I only drink water.
Link Posted: 11/20/2009 7:22:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I added "Maytag" to the title. I didn't think of that.

Rob

When I read Maytag - I thought it was a new washing machine.
Link Posted: 11/20/2009 9:33:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Awesome friend Dude! Sweet present. I'm jealous.
Link Posted: 11/20/2009 9:39:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/20/2009 6:37:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/1/617686_c614447197.jpg?v=0

I didn't know they canned water.

Anyone else have one of these? I am wondering what they cost to run.

Rob
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top